Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

2nd vote count of day 2:

Jeromus- 2 (DeathRowKitty, Lacey)
Maemuki - 2 (Vi, VP Baltar)

Not voting (JasonT1981, Maemuki, Col.Cathart, Alexithymia, Jeromus)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

DL is May 6th at 1pm CST.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
V/LA Friday, April 9 - Saturday, April 10
Noted.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Maemuki »

VP Baltar wrote:Counted, still not an excuse. I have a very busy life as well, but I don't think there is any way I could manage to have 40 posts a day on this website. Additionally, I asked you a simple question of whether or not you had read the game yet...not exactly the inquisition.
Besides, it's
much
easier to post on games that you're caught up on than posting a catch-up post, you know?

I have read the game. That doesn't mean that I know what's going on. (Before you ask me why, it's because my thoughts are all mixed up.)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So you read the entire game and you have no idea who you think is scum because your "thoughts are all mixed up". Pardon if I have a hard time buying that.

Also, why did you seem to implying in your last post that you hadn't read the game? Why didn't you answer my question earlier about reading the game?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Lacey »

Maemuki wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Counted, still not an excuse. I have a very busy life as well, but I don't think there is any way I could manage to have 40 posts a day on this website. Additionally, I asked you a simple question of whether or not you had read the game yet...not exactly the inquisition.
Besides, it's
much
easier to post on games that you're caught up on than posting a catch-up post, you know?

I have read the game. That doesn't mean that I know what's going on. (Before you ask me why, it's because my thoughts are all mixed up.)
The game isn't confusing. The play has been pretty simply by standards of many games I've been following. You ought to have some real opinions to give us except that you read everyone as neutral, and slightly town (but for the person with an early bandwagon, for which you offer no real reason, except calling him lurkerish. A point I'll note you don't make for Col.Cathart, despite the fact that your comment applies
EVEN MORE SO
to him.

unvote

vote:Maemuki

You didn't scum hunt in your game read, you, at best, town hunted. Combined with your slots play yesterday, I can find no excuse for such an active player to have so little opinion on the game at hand. It's time for you to be pressured into giving real answers and real opinions.
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Lacey »

Some specific questions for Maemuki:

Why is jeromus scummy but not Col.Cathart or Alexithymia? They have lurked far more than jeromus lately.

Who are your top scum suspects? Why?

What is your opinion of the Cirdua lynch yesterday?
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Lacey »

Additionally:

What do you think of your slot's (Jasper's) play yesterday?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

VP Baltar wrote:Fact #3 - Oh Hai Col. Cathart, how's the war in lurkerville going. You know, from the one game I played with you when you were town I definitely don't remember you being a non-entity in the thread. In fact, I remember you as quite an active player. What's the dealio?
Part the really awful university schedule right now (I'm barely managing to mod my own game), part mafia withdrawal. That game we played together was one of my first on the site, so I was hungry for mafia games, and it was the middle of summer vacations.

That being said, I'm not here to rant or make excuses. I was invited into this game to make it good, not to make it bad. Weekend starts tomorrow, so I'm going to start playing seriously. Today I simply don't have time. I have two exams tomorrow and it's late in the night...
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Vi »

Lacey 314 wrote:
Vi wrote:EBWOP: "bandwagoning" should be "tubthumping"
What does tubthumping mean?
It means what I normally mean by "bandwagoning", but I wanted to express a difference here.

The first - placing many votes on someone
The second - calling for other people to place their votes on a wagon

---

jason is obvious lurkerscum, Maemuki is obviously stalling (or at the very least using scumhunting tactics that don't work on a player who is notoriously scummy in general) while saying "she has a life" when what she really means is "I'm playing MSM4", Haylen is really obviously onsite and lurking casually through the game too.

I mean if we lynch from that pool and still lose this game I'll be liekwoa.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:I mean if we lynch from that pool and still lose this game I'll be liekwoa.
I agree, but the real issue is differentiating among them with basically zero info to go off.

While I think the scum are likely to be going for crosskills tonight (if they'd actually like to win), losing two more town members without lynching a single scum is a sickening prospect and I REALLY want to be right today.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Vi »

I ask this seeing that you haven't moved your vote, but do you have a particular preference between the obvscums you'd like to lynch?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I really like the Maemuki wagon honestly. I mean, 40 posts two days in a row and we don't get a single one until she's called on this? Pure malarky.

If I was going to lynch someone else out of that list, it'd definitely be jason. Basically I think those two need to prove their towniness to me if they want to live today.

Kind of annoyed that DRK went V/LA because I'd really like his opinion those three plus some answers about my jeromus points.
YOUR AD HERE

Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Lacey »

Vi wrote:jason is obvious lurkerscum, Maemuki is obviously stalling (or at the very least using scumhunting tactics that don't work on a player who is notoriously scummy in general) while saying "she has a life" when what she really means is "I'm playing MSM4", Haylen is really obviously onsite and lurking casually through the game too.

I mean if we lynch from that pool and still lose this game I'll be liekwoa.
I'm not as convinced on jason yet, Jason has been lurking, but it is site wide. But Maemuki, Col.Cathart, and Alex/Haylen are looking pretty scummy to me. All have been active onsite, and idle in the thread. Jeromus is still on my list, but he is producing more content today, if not much better than his content from previous days.

Why isn't Col. Cathart on your scum list Vi? VP Baltar, what do you think of Col.Cathart lately?

Maemuki's "I have a life" comment raised my hackles too. Not sure what MSM4 means, but Maemuki's onsight activity is higher than mine right now, both in hours (look at the time stamps on her posts), lines, and post count, and yet I'm following the game. In the one game I replaced in on day 4 or 5, I was up to speed in under a day. Given that she's had a long time to catch up, is obviously active elsewhere on the site, and is stalling/being evasive here, I agree she is a good target.

Vi, you originally voted jeromus, why isn't he in your obvscum set?

My suspects, in order of most to least suspicious are:

1) Maemuki
2) Jeromus, a very close second.
3) Alexithymia
4) Col. Cathart.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Lacey 337 wrote:Vi, you originally voted jeromus, why isn't he in your obvscum set?
With some abuse of [tvtropes]willing suspension of disbelief[/tvtropes] I could almost see him as a VI, ignoring that he hasn't really posted Today except to defend himself and serve microwaved points.

He can go too.
Lacey 337 wrote:Why isn't Col. Cathart on your scum list Vi? VP Baltar, what do you think of Col.Cathart lately?
I'm willing to buy the "I'm a college student" excuse for this 24 hours. Considering his "stoic" opinion on policy lynches, I have to wonder what he'll do with this kind of situation.

jason has been completely and utterly useless. I've seen Town-jason be useless, but not to this extent.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Everyone should keep in mind that Maemuki replace DURING THE NIGHT PHASE. She has had ample time to read and form opinions.
YOUR AD HERE

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Vi wrote:Considering his "stoic" opinion on policy lynches, I have to wonder what he'll do with this kind of situation.
1) What do you mean by that?

2) Well, for obvious reasons I didn't realize it yesterday, but this game is really anti-policy lynches. 2 kill sources, maybe even 2 scum teams? And now we're in D2 with 3 townies dead. No, in this particular game I don't approve policy lynches, especially after D1 and 2 townies dead, when we can already have a knife on the throat.

------------

Now let's see... I'm much better in getting town reads than scum reads. I had bad feeling about Baltar, but they were completely blown away during the night and D2. Comparing Lacey's scum pattern with town pattern I'm heavily leaning town. Vi is also town, although my 'too townie paranoia' kicks in, so I'm still cautious in here. I completely don't understand DRK's case on jeromus, would be glad to hear the answers to Baltar's questions. So far I don't have a strong read on any of them (DRK and jeromus), although DRK gets enormous amount of minus points for that Lacey comment pointing toward Lacey-scum if we'll have two scum teams (see below in points against Jason).

Alex... Well maybe if she would post anything, I would say something more than onomatopoeias from being annoyed by his (I'll stick with gender icon I see ATM) behavior during D1.

Maemuki and Jason are my clear top 2 suspects.

Why Mae? Yeah, sure tough schedule is tough, believe me, I know the taste of not having time for yourself lately, but 40 posts a day? This is not 'I have a life'. This is 'I'm enjoying one game while completely ignoring the other'. Considering entire night phase and much more days during D2 to catch up, read everything and start posting, and 40 posts elsewhere which clearly means she HAD time to make at least one post here instead is just mindblowing.

Also, Sotty death works against her, as Sotty was on Jasper's back. I know this is simple conclusion, but sometimes the conclusions are just simple for a reason.

Why Jason? That comment about Lacey and scumteam speculations was such an obvious attempt to redirect discussion to giant Red Herring, my eyes almost started to bleed. While DRK at least has anything to back up his argument and quite solid posting throughout the rest of the game, Jason has nothing.

I'm perfectly happy with lynch on any of those two. If I had to pick the third suspect that would be DRK if only for that Lacey comment. The rest is quite town or 'I don't have a faintest fucking idea'.

vote: Maemuki

Well, because she already has a wagon on her, while Jason not. That's
L-1
by the way, and I'm placing it for the second time in this game already. Talk about coming to the right conclusion at the right time...
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sorry Vi, I have been having major computer issues, and as has been noted my not playing has been site wide mostly due to these issues. I am still not sure about Jasper, now Maemuki as Jasper replaced out of this game only to continue playing in another game we were playing together on another site.

Thats kinda fishy to me and I suspected Jasper already in day 1

Col is still my another scum in my book, i felt he was scummy on day 1 and nothing has changed today so far.

Col... with 2 kills in the night, that does indicate more than one killing team/roles... its not speculation its fact, and your suspicion on me is OMGUS as I have been suspecting you since day 1.

I also see you fail to mention Lacey was the first one to bring up more than one scum teams, and I believe it was DRK also had mentioned it before me on day 2... I was simply responding with my feelings on something that had already been brought up by a few diff people.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jason wrote:Thats kinda fishy to me and I suspected Jasper already in day 1
Actually, for a good part of the day you were liking him quite a lot. The only thing you seemed to take umbrage with was his Cirdua vote...which was sort of after other people were already on his case. In fact, in the same ginormous post you go from defending him from others to think he's a top scum suspect.

Also, why are you not voting?

Why have you come up with no less than three reasons to be V/LA in this thread? I'm not even sure which one you are claiming is your major hinderance here.

Hey scum team that jason isn't a part of, shoot him tonight. kthxbye.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Why am I not voting? its L-1 thats why and I want to give Mae time to respond. Also note.... Col putting Mae at -1 exactly like he did in day 1 with Cirdua... I find that very suspicious... it seems like he does not want to be the hammer in case he comes under suspicion, but this really caught my interest given the circumstances are the same, and once again he puts someone at L-1
Zachrulez wrote:
Final vote count of day 1:

Cirdua - 7 (Vi, VP Baltar, Lacey, DeathRowKitty, Jasper,
Col.Cathart
, d3x)
As for not believing me, well I am V/LA most weekends as everyone knows (its in my sig)

we had power falures that effected us for many days... I think it was 5 days with power going on/off peroidically without warning

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/mar/3 ... rn-ireland

Last night I reformatted my computer due to major issues with it, I have not been about for the majority site wide, I managed to make about 3 posts in another game this past week here.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So why don't you vote Col if you find it suspicious? Who said Mae has to be the only wagon today?
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

No one has said anything about Mae being the only wagon, why are you so anxious for me to place my vote. I want to see how Col responds to what I posted against him today before making a vote.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

jasonT1981 wrote:No one has said anything about Mae being the only wagon, why are you so anxious for me to place my vote. I want to see how Col responds to what I posted against him today before making a vote.
BECAUSE YOU'RE DOING NOTHING. YOU'RE NOT SCUMHUNTING.

Perhaps its easier to read in caps. Iunno.

Why are you being so tentative with your vote? Waiting to see which wagons are viable and which are not would be my best guess.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

What part of
I AM WAITING FOR COL TO RESPOND
do you not understand. I would like to see how he responds to what I said about him, and his reactions will base if my vote goes on him or not. I do find it suspicious he puts the -1 vote in both days... I want reasoning before voting..

Why is that not hard to understand?

Am I not scum hunting? I think I just pointed out something against Col that no one else had picked up upon...ala the putting both at -1 on consecutive days

I also bring forth Jasper replaced out, with pressure on him in day one yet continued to be actie in another game I played with him.

Both I think are viable bits of evidence towards scum hunting...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That's not scumhunting, it's IIoA. Thanks for playing.

Jasper replaced out, really? I hadn't noticed.

Col. Cathart put two people at L-1 like he mentioned in his own post. Wowie, top notch investigation.

The fact that you're so tepid with your voting very much shows that you're waiting to see if you need to get on the Mae wagon or not.

The only consolation is that the other scum team will kill you tonight.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sigh....

I know, you know Jasper replaced out... that is not the point I am making.

the point I am making is Jasper replaced out, while coming under suspicion from more than one player, only to continue to be active in other games we played together at the same time as this one on another site.

That is what I find VERY suspicious.

Understand?

kthnxbi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”