MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

6. L-4.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Ythill »

I'd like to let everyone know that the "ongoing game" issue has been resolved and closed.

• The Consensus

• 6 ~ Deer (Jack, The Fonz, Furcolow, greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr)
  • 5 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, sirdanilot, Diacria, boberz, CryMeARiver)
  • 1 ~ boberz (HackerHuck)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (Deer)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant, dramonic
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • D1 Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1).
  • With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
  • CCARaven4 will be V/LA until April 13.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Deer wrote:Alright, I can see why you guys are voting me. I haven't really been focused on this game and am playing pretty poorly. I will try to change that in the future, really.

Anyways, though, I feel like a lot of people have overlooked HackerHuck in this game. He's only made 5 posts, and a lot of them are fairly scummy to me.
HackerHuck wrote:Don't really get the case on Deer.
HackerHuck wrote: Took a closer look at Deer and don't get the case.
Those seem like buddying to me, or distancing from my (maybe-eventual) lynch.
Do you get the case on you?

Rereading Deer, here are the scummy things I see...
OMGUS on Jack and his recent voting pattern appears to be him flailing about for a case that might derail his own wagon. Those things aren't really enough for me to hop on to this wagon, but I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of it.
I think Jack is the only one who has put together a decent case on Deer, but I'm actually feeling better about the MehPlusRawr wagon, just looking at the top two.

I got a little worried when I saw the post stating the deadline was today, but I've gone through and put together some notes. I will post more when I have some time later today.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

The deadline isn't today, what are you talking about?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Deer »

I get the case on me, yes. By the way, since my lynch seems somewhat inevitable, should I just go ahead and claim here?
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Diacria »

Deer wrote:I get the case on me, yes. By the way, since my lynch seems somewhat inevitable, should I just go ahead and claim here?
At L-4? No.
I need to catch up. Will get something up today or tomorrow.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Deer, your lynch is far from inevitable. Don't be that guy who thinks he's dead already because a couple of people think he's scum. Even though, you know, you are.

@Hacker: flailing or not, please answer the man's questions. Also, have you compared the two ISOs?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Deer wrote:I get the case on me, yes. By the way, since my lynch seems somewhat inevitable, should I just go ahead and claim here?
feels like a softclaim of a detective role to me... kind of idiotic to do it this way. I was about to take my vote off you, but that make me feel like you're scummier than I thought previously.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Deer »

Furcolow wrote:
feels like a softclaim of a detective role to me... kind of idiotic to do it this way. I was about to take my vote off you, but that make me feel like you're scummier than I thought previously.
I don't understand.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by Furcolow »

you're saying "should i go ahead and claim [blue]" is what it feels like.
i was about to vote MPR, but because you did this, i'm keeping my vote on you.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 am

Post by danakillsu »

@Deer
Just ignore him. And in case you for some reason were still considering claiming, don't.

I should say this about the Deer wagon. It's possible it will catch scum, and I'm not downplaying that possibility. I will not personally join the wagon, though, because I get a gut townie read on him. In other words, I won't say "don't lynch him", but I'm not gonna help you do it, either.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hey dramonic, come out, come out, wherever you are, leave GD and get your ass in this thread!
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Deer »

Fonz, even though I know you're set on me being scum, who are your other scum suspects?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mehplusrawr's pretty scummy. Greenindirt would prob be no2 at the moment, he appears to be doing just enough to avoid drawing significant attention to himself but not enough to have a significant impact on the game. dram would be, apart from research shows he's basically playing how he always plays, whilst you are considerably less useful/more scummy than your previous townie play.

On initial reaction, I also felt that Nico fell into the Green category, but actually on ISO he just looks like a tunnelling townie who's frustrated that no-one else seems to agree with him about what he feels is obvscum behaviour.

Do note, though, my previous admonishment to Hacker and yourself: it is not protown to direct all your questioning at me. (Incidentally, you know that question of mine that you rightly pointed out that Hacker never answered? It was directed to you too, and you didn't either).
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 am

Post by HackerHuck »

MehPlusRawr wrote:The deadline isn't today, what are you talking about?
Someone mistakenly posted that the deadline was yesterday.

@Fonz - I didn't see any questions from Deer that I needed to respond to. I haven't gone through to compare Jack's post to the iso read. I'll try and get to that soon, but really it means that I now
get
why Jack is voting Deer, but I don't really agree with his read when I read Deer in iso.

I have gone through everyone's posts so far but the Fonz (last alpha), but I figure if he's scum, then it will be easier to catch him when we have a day or two behind us. I avoid any meta except for on people I have actually played with and Fonz hasn't seemed unusual to me yet.

A lot of lurking/low-contribution people so far. I'm not going to comment on everybody, just the things I thought were important.

MehPlusRawr: His initial vote on Sirdanilot sure looks like OMGUS. Outside of that, he's been quite defencive and hasn't put much effort into finding scum.

BV's jump on the Deer wagon could be opportunistic, since he seemed to be making it based on feel.

CryMeARiver puts a vote on MehPlusRawr, which seems OK, but I don't like how he only appears to iso on M+R and ignored the Deer wagon entirely. I need to know why he's not interested in even commenting on Deer.

Danakillsu: Interesting vote on BV. Makes clear he's not voting for Furcolow even though he wants to, and all his posts since then are petty arguments with Furcolow.

Diacria: Still think this guy is pretty scummy. All one-liners, no real scumhunting, except for meta, which is a nice way to pretend to scumhunt. His playstyle seems vaguely familiar, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's someone's alt.

Greenindirt: I don't like how he presented his vote on Furcolow. Vote appears to be based on a contradiction. I'm not sure how he makes the link between contradiction in this case and scumminess. It's not a bad vote for D1, but then he holds onto it until he gets a link to offsite meta. What is exactly he expecting to get from the linked site? Redeems himself somewhat with the M+R revote. The post about Meta on Deer seems a little odd though, especially when he later admits to not even understanding it or even worrying about meta. The last post makes almost no sense to me. He now says that he was wrong and Deer is not acting similar to the game he referenced. Then he states that he's not sure about the people on the Deer wagon, but yet he votes for him anyway. This seems like an easy way for him to get off of the wagon if he needs to or show that he wasn't fully on board if Deer turns up town.

Nicodemus: first comment on the Deer wagon is one of those things that makes me not get the Deer case. I don't really see ho the switch from "It's impossible to scumhunt in the pre-game" to "The game has started, we can scumhunt now!" is all that scummy. I think his role-fishing on Jack is what Fonz was calling out earlier when he said that townies should ignore breadcrumbing. He again calls out how deer is scummy, giving Jack's post a QFT, but strangely moves his vote in that same post from BV to Dramonic.

RichardGHP: Spends half of his posts attacking M+R for making a weak case (it's the beginning of Day 1, right?) and the other half talking about how difficult/wrong/annoying Furcolow is. No good vibes there.

sirdanilot: Yet another person pressing Jack on the "softclaim". Please people, think about what you expect to accomplish with a line of questioning before you do it. I must laugh. In the very same post he chastises M+R and shows how to quote, he fails to include who he is quoting in every subsequent quote. Spends way too much time on the Jack wagon and isn't making any sense with it. Has previously called out people for not scumhunting, but has tunneled so much on Jack that he's not doing any scumhunting. When he finally switches his vote to M+R, he has seemingly forgotten his case (or is too lazy to look it up) and tells us to do it. Sloppy or scummy? Why is Jack suddenly not on his scum list when he hasn't answered the questions that refusing to answer made him so scummy?

That puts way too many people in my suspect list, but I think watching these wagons progress will be pretty helpful. My vote on Boberz isn't doing anything right now, so I'll join one of the larger wagons. MehPlusRawr is scummier in my book.
Unvote:
Vote: MehPlusRawr
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Maybe it wasn't so much a question, as a case that needed responding to. I felt that you dismissed Deer's suspicion of you out of han, because your play to that point felt a little off to me, though you do get independence of thought points. Also, I don't mean to compare Jack's post to the ISO read, I mean to compare the ISO read of Deer here, to the one in that newbie game greenin(?) posted, where I think he appears significantly more willing to do the things he himself described as town: pressing people, asking questions, and so on.

Incidentally, Dana appears to be playing half a game. He's willing to stand up to me and Jack and state a town read on Deer, but he isn't really pushing his alternative candidate at all.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 am

Post by greenindirt »

HackerHuck wrote:Greenindirt: I don't like how he presented his vote on Furcolow. Vote appears to be based on a contradiction. I'm not sure how he makes the link between contradiction in this case and scumminess. It's not a bad vote for D1, but then he holds onto it until he gets a link to offsite meta. What is exactly he expecting to get from the linked site? Redeems himself somewhat with the M+R revote. The post about Meta on Deer seems a little odd though, especially when he later admits to not even understanding it or even worrying about meta. The last post makes almost no sense to me. He now says that he was wrong and Deer is not acting similar to the game he referenced. Then he states that he's not sure about the people on the Deer wagon, but yet he votes for him anyway. This seems like an easy way for him to get off of the wagon if he needs to or show that he wasn't fully on board if Deer turns up town.
The reason I wanted the meta was because diacria claimed that fur acted stupidly in all of his games and I wanted to see if that was the case.
Not sure what you mean about the meta, the reason I linked to it so that people could give insight into it as I personally have a hard time reading meta. Again, I really don't know why I thought he was acting similarly.
Also about me saying I'm not sure what I think about people on the deer case, should state I'm not sure about the people on the M+R case. Miswrite on my part.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:07 am

Post by danakillsu »

he isn't really pushing his alternative candidate at all.
Well, there's a reason for that. I don't have much to go on. It's definitely enough to deserve my vote, but I don't know that it's enough to give everyone else something they just have to believe. I'll certainly try, though.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 am

Post by danakillsu »

bv's posts just plain make my blood boil. They are non-commital. They are short. They are few. They are simply not townie in any way
This is what I said before, and I basically can only say it again. It's simply scary how bv310 wants to have a say in who gets lynched without ever making any kind of case on people or even really copying a case off of anyone else. He can't be helping town with fewer than 10 posts still in this game.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 am

Post by danakillsu »

EBWOP:
So he's got 11 posts. So what, they're all really short anyway.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

HackerHuck wrote: MehPlusRawr: His initial vote on Sirdanilot sure looks like OMGUS. Outside of that, he's been quite defencive and hasn't put much effort into finding scum.
How is being defensive a scumtell? I don't wanna be lynched any more than the next guy.
HackerHuck wrote: Greenindirt: I don't like how he presented his vote on Furcolow. Vote appears to be based on a contradiction. I'm not sure how he makes the link between contradiction in this case and scumminess. It's not a bad vote for D1, but then he holds onto it until he gets a link to offsite meta. What is exactly he expecting to get from the linked site?
Redeems himself somewhat with the M+R revote.
The post about Meta on Deer seems a little odd though, especially when he later admits to not even understanding it or even worrying about meta. The last post makes almost no sense to me. He now says that he was wrong and Deer is not acting similar to the game he referenced. Then he states that he's not sure about the people on the Deer wagon, but yet he votes for him anyway. This seems like an easy way for him to get off of the wagon if he needs to or show that he wasn't fully on board if Deer turns up town.
With the italicized- Voting me redeems somebody? Why?
HackerHuck wrote: RichardGHP: Spends half of his posts attacking M+R for making a weak case (it's the beginning of Day 1, right?) and the other half talking about how difficult/wrong/annoying Furcolow is. No good vibes there.
If you think he's scum, and he's pushing a case against me, then why are you voting me? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a contradiction.
HackerHuck wrote: MehPlusRawr is scummier in my book.
Unvote:
Vote: MehPlusRawr
Well, this just goes along with the quote above it to point out a contradiction...

At any rate, I think that the theory of Deer/Hacker being scumbuddies is likely. :S
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

In what ways do you think that bv's play makes sense for scum, where deer's wouldn't?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

The above was directed at Dana, MPR and i crossposted.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 am

Post by danakillsu »

In what ways do you think that bv's play makes sense for scum, where deer's wouldn't?
Deer has more posts, longer posts, and posts that have content in them. He at least tries to make some cases against people, instead of just voting for someone. I actually think a comparison of the two shows that bv310 is doing the same thing as Deer, just twice as bad. And with bv, we know that if he keeps going the same way, he's not helping town at all anyway, so lynching him won't really hurt town much if he is town.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Furcolow »

I had thought boberz was mafia, but I don't believe he is now. His earlier game play had me convinced that he was red; however, I just skimmed all his posts, and he seems like he's trying to help the town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”