Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Jack »

SpyreX, I just realized that I forgot to say "you're welcome" earlier when you thanked me, I apologize for that.

Vote Count 11: Lynch

Starbuck - 1 - PaltryExcuse
Drippereth - 2 - xvart, SocioPath
Steam Powered Shovel - 1 - Elmocrates
xvart -
- Budja, Kmd4390, farside22, FeFiFoFum, Anon
Anon - 1 - Elscouta
MehPlusRawr - 1 - Papa Zito
xofelf - 2 - SensFan, Drippereth
Jack - 4 - SpyreX, J-Scope, curiouskarmadog, Steam-Powered Shovel
Cyberbob - 3 - Cobalt, Iecerint, Jack
Papa Zito - 1 - ooba
Cobalt -2 - Cyberbob, Starbuck

Not Voting (2): MehPlusRawr, xofelf

With 25 players alive it'll take 13 to lynch and 13 to no-Lynch.

There are no players in the
Halls of Mandos
, so right now there are no
Revive
or
Destroy
counts.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Your apology is accepted and makes me feel much better.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Drippereth »

xvart and Sens seems to have descended into LURKERLAND.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Jack wrote:You guys don't find cyberbob scummy at all?
No. In fact, I'm getting town vibes from his posts so far.

Jack, SpyreX, stop with the pointless posts. That's what General Discussion is for.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Elmocrates
Elmocrates
Townie
Elmocrates
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Elmocrates »

Iecerint wrote:Elmo, I was personally surprised to see Jack do that. He has seemed highly perceptive in my prior experience with him. I think he wouldn't have done that as town without an expected short-term payoff. When it didn't come, scumJack became the default assumption.
I think this is where we part ways. I don't think Jack would do it as town, and I don't think Jack would do it as scum; so I'm nonplussed that he did it at all. I don't generally get suspicious because people do things I don't understand, more because of things I do.
SpyreX wrote:The move was a poor one on Jack's part. The reaction and absence of anything after that point is the real hook.
I've expressed dislike of the absence of anything much before or after that point. Jack's play looks extremely limp to me.. what about his reaction, though? (I haven't fully read the game today, so I may be missing something.)

I would be pretty happy getting on the Jack wagon, although honestly I'm not pleased about essentially rewarding Shovel for successfully keeping his head down. Not sure what my other head thinks yet.
Budja wrote:Jack made a random cop breadcrumb comment and and
produces little content
. I found that scummy.
Do you find producing little content scummy in general? How does that compare with Jack in particular doing it?
Cyberbob wrote:Well that's what I was thinking, but usually when people are being sarcastic you can tell by the wording of what they're saying. I couldn't find anything in Kmd's statement of that nature so that threw me a bit.
This looks legit to me, Cobalt. Perhaps not the most natural stance, but legit; I don't think he tried to base anything off misinterpreting that. I don't find the rest of his play scummy; I do think that Iecerint's point about OMGUS & not answering the point seems true, though, I'd like a better response than "lol no" unless I've missed something.

I find Cobalt's play townish, actually. Haven't seen him as scum, though - make of that what you will.

Drippereth, why did you move your Zito / Shovel votes off so quickly? They both seemed pretty much pointless if you're not going to stick with it for any length of time. Also, I entirely do not see why Xofelf deserves a vote more than them (or Jack) at present.
Drippereth wrote:I think Jack is a pretty smart guy and I've seen him do weird stuff as town or as scum. No read there for now.
This is seems slightly waffly - what do you actually think of what he did? He didn't just "do weird stuff".

Naughty List

6. Steam-Powered Shovel
7. MehPlusRawr
9. Papa Zito
14. PaltryExcuse (V/LA)
16. FeFiFoFum

Elmo
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

Elmo wrote:I've expressed dislike of the absence of anything much before or after that point. Jack's play looks extremely limp to me.. what about his reaction, though? (I haven't fully read the game today, so I may be missing something.)

I would be pretty happy getting on the Jack wagon, although honestly I'm not pleased about essentially rewarding Shovel for successfully keeping his head down. Not sure what my other head thinks yet.
The non reaction is more like it. I still, after asking and everything else, never got anything even pretending to approach a reason for that comment. If anything the play has gotten even MORE bizarro world and I'm not apt to play games with parsing out some kinda secret town mantra for it.

Shovel isn't forgotten. Alas, only one rope though. (ALTHOUGH BULLETS *wink wink*)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 am

Post by xvart »

Drippereth wrote:xvart and Sens seems to have descended into LURKERLAND.
I am rereading and will be posting later tonight.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

nope.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Anon »

elscouta wrote:145: @Anon: Yeah sure. Nice scumlist. Now, would you care to explain this list, plz?
Sure thing boss.

Xvart: fake scumhunting. The fos:drippereth in iso 1 felt forced and even more the vote on iso 5 that came from nowhere. Do you know why xvart is voting for Dripereth, Elscouta? Posterior fluff is just noise.

Elscouta: saying hi to your scumbuddy gives you just enough points for your slow and painful death. I dont see why would a townie joke with that considering the posterior mess it could create. But lets assume for a second you are just silly and thought it was cool enough to "claim" scum in your first post, just for the lulz. Lets assume you are a decent scumhunter and that you are not going to OMGUS people that are/were voting you for a VALID REASON....

Bzzt.

I was wrong.
Elscouta wrote:I don't like Anon and Drippereth because they have been both attacking me and xvart, with very little reasoning.
Fail.

Interesting question: why was xvart vote okay with you, Elscouta? Why is anon and dripereth oh so oportunistic, but he isnt?

To end my list, Steam Powered caught my attention with iso 3. I find people who use jokes to support a game stance, inherently scummy. Cyberbob in iso 3 uses personal experience to back up a position that cant be generalized. And finally, Zito and Elvis are still not playing to their town meta.

tl, dr, I think there is a big chance you, elscouta and xvart are scum. yeah.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Anon wrote: Elvis are still not playing to their town meta.
Psssst Anon, Elvis still isn't this game. :wink:
The rest of your post is awesome though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Um. Is EK one of the hydras? You've said that twice now.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Anon »

Drippereth wrote:
Anon wrote: Elvis are still not playing to their town meta.
Psssst Anon, Elvis still isn't this game. :wink:
The rest of your post is awesome though.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess Im in too many games with similar playerlists
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Elmocrates wrote:I do think that Iecerint's point about OMGUS & not answering the point seems true, though, I'd like a better response than "lol no" unless I've missed something.
You have missed something, though I said it a few pages back and it was in the middle of a fair few quotes so it would have been easy to miss.
Post 179 wrote:You're reading a lot more into that than is actually there. OMGUS only works if the return fire is on shaky ground; I would have said exactly the same things about him regardless of whether he was suspicious of me or not. His suspicion was easily dealt with in any case as it was based on a quick little misunderstanding that was simple to clarify.
That was talking about Budja, I don't believe I've given Cobalt a similarly comprehensive treatment (I did cover the point about "u havent posted much either!!1") but the same "OMGUS only works if the return fire is on shaky ground" point applies. I fail to see how anyone can look at Cobalt's posts and in all honesty say that he isn't objectively deserving of suspicion - or a little pressure to post content at the very least.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Jack »

Content is such a buzzword.

Cobalt isn't particularly playing different from the game I saw him as town in.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by xvart »

I would be interested in running up another wagon and see if Budja jumps on it, too.
Jack wrote:
unvote, vote:CyberBob

For being rude among other things :?
You're surprised that no one joins in your suspicion of someone being scum based on how rude he is? What are the "among other things?" You felt it was only important to mention the rudeness but not the other things?

FoS: Jack

Iecerint wrote:By Elmo's logic, cops should claim D1, because protective roles will be able to find them, anyway.
Yuck.
Jack wrote:Cobalt isn't particularly playing different from the game I saw him as town in.
Was there a time when Cobalt started posting something other votes? Did he come out of his shell later in the game? Was he helpful and achieving the town win condition?

I think we are well past that point in time where voting/unvoting with no justification is sufficient.

Unvote
Vote: Cobalt

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Ah yes, that thing that allows people to read your thoughts and feelings, as well as being a tool for persuading others to agree with a certain point of view. What a cliche.

I don't care whether he does it as town or not, that style of posting is incredibly antitown. Even if he isn't lynched today I want to see some pressure on him to shape up his act.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

EBWOP: That was directed at Jack.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Jack »

Xvart wrote:Was there a time when Cobalt started posting something other votes? Did he come out of his shell later in the game? Was he helpful and achieving the town win condition?
No, we killed him night 1.
Xvart wrote:You're surprised that no one joins in your suspicion of someone being scum based on how rude he is?
No not in the slightest. That wasn't the point.
Xvart wrote:What are the "among other things?" You felt it was only important to mention the rudeness but not the other things?
Well, a) I fully support policy lynching people for being rude and b) as was discussed in the
several posts on the preceding page leading up to my CyberBob vote
I didn't like how he tried to jump to "it was a bit of rhetoric" when I asked him what was up with that post. Of course he wasn't asking me to point the supposed breadcrumb out, I wanted to know how he came up with cop-word specifically. I still don't know what he meant by that. I feel his whole reaction to a "What?" post and the follow ups sounds a bit like scum worried that he's going to get jumped on. I haven't decided whether the rudeness is a bit tactical.

All in all it's rather weak, but it's only page 12 and there hasn't been much useful posting this game.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Jack »

Cyberbob wrote:Ah yes, that thing that allows people to read your thoughts and feelings, as well as being a tool for persuading others to agree with a certain point of view. What a cliche.
Hello Cyberbob.

Buzzword, not cliche.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Fine.

"Ah yes, that thing that allows people to read your thoughts and feelings, as well as being a tool for persuading others to agree with a certain point of view. What a buzzword."

Now can we stop playing games of semantics?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Anon, iso 2 wrote: Anon's 6 page catchup post, now with moar non rvs scumhuting!

SCUMZ
xvart
elscouta
steam powered
prob cyberbob, prob zito, prob elvis.

Vote: xvart.

also elmocrates should definitely get a freaking avatar.
Anon wrote:
Elscouta wrote: 145: @Anon: Yeah sure. Nice scumlist. Now, would you care to explain this list, plz?
Sure thing boss.

Xvart: fake scumhunting. The fos:drippereth in iso 1 felt forced and even more the vote on iso 5 that came from nowhere. Do you know why xvart is voting for Dripereth, Elscouta? Posterior fluff is just noise.

Elscouta: saying hi to your scumbuddy gives you just enough points for your slow and painful death. I dont see why would a townie joke with that considering the posterior mess it could create. But lets assume for a second you are just silly and thought it was cool enough to "claim" scum in your first post, just for the lulz. Lets assume you are a decent scumhunter and that you are not going to OMGUS people that are/were voting you for a VALID REASON....
Well, this doesn't justify your 6-man scumlist that you just posted. Did you add more names just to look more scumhunting? I understand how it felt necessary as you never contributed anything else than votes.
Anon wrote:Interesting question: why was xvart vote okay with you, Elscouta? Why is anon and dripereth oh so oportunistic, but he isnt?
Anon pattern of voting :
- OMG Elscouta has claimed scum. He must be scum. Vote : Elscouta
<Elscouta explains himself, wagon loses steam>
- OMG Xvart has attacked Elscouta for having claimed scum. Vote : xvart

Yeah, the only term i can find for that is "opportunistic".

Can we lynch Anon now?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Budja »

Don't like this post right here ^.

Still happy where I stand.
fav. wagons to clarify: xvart, Jack FYI.

(only did a quick skim, better post tomorrow (hopefully, I should be able to get a read in anyway and post something))
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not so sure on the Jack wagon because I have seen him do similar things in other games and come up as town. As someone who has a typically scummy meta when I'm town and the fact that I've seen something like this before from Jack, I probably won't support his lynch.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:*hops*

Unvote, vote: Sensfan
And you join a random wagon. It's not really a scumtell, as it's RVS stage...
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Elscouta called Cobalt his scum-buddy, SpyreX.

Why don't you hop on the SensFan-wagon, by the bye? I heard a rumour they were going to give away free marshmallow peeps to everyone on the wagon.
This is where you're pushing for your pointless wagon, I guess.
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:The elscoutawagon is dumb.

People should get on the SensFanwagon. I mean, he's a fan of the Ottawa Senators and those are Canadian. Canadian!
More pushing for SensFan's lynch. This crusading for a lynch with effectively no case is slightly suspicious. Also, Canada is cool. :X
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
J-scope wrote:No evidence to suggest scum are more likely to do it though, it's just one of those things I find scummy.
What? Scummy actions are exactly those scum are more likely to do. Do you mean you think scum are more likely to do it, but you don't have any data to back it up?

SpyreX, pushing a random wagon is fun. Wagons based on crappy reasoning, however, are not.
The second part of this isn't okay. Are you saying that wagons with no reasoning are better than wagons with bad reasoning? I'd say that any reasoning is better than none. Plus, more pushing a pointless wagon.
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Budja wrote:Dislike SPS still sticking to Sens wagon without further comment on events.
As far as I can tell, all that's happened so far is that xvart and Drippereth (naturally) have things which are wrong and misguided, which is pretty meaningless when it comes to determining alignments. The most relevant thing I've seen so far is Starbuck asking Iecerint to drop it three times in a row.

I feel like wagonning, but all the wagons are dumb. :cry:
For the last bit- What happened to your Sens wagon? Not too long ago you were pushing it gleefully, now you don't like it any more?
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Now this is a wagon I can get behind.

unvote, vote: Jack
, he seems to be acting deliberately unhelpful.
You finally realize your RVS wagon is stupid and not moving, so you join a different one. You blatantly say that you're wagoning.

Okay, Steam isn't helping town. Most of his posts were pushing a useless RVS wagon. The rest were unhelpful, or the one that changed bandwagons. I call him either anti-town or scummy, and either way is a good lynch. Plus, he hasn't scumhunted.
Vote: Steam-Powered Shovel
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 am

Post by SensFan »

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill there. Nothing wrong with some wagonning at this point.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”