Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mod: really sorry but I'm going to have no home internet access at all in the next three weeks, so I'll basically only be online once or twice a week if I manage to get to an internet cafe. As a result, I think replacing me would be best. If finding a replacement is a real problem then I'll do my best to post what I can at those times but obviously I'm not going to be able to do a great deal.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Sorry to hear that Locke. I hope to play/mod a game with you someday again.

Coincidentally enough, MichelSableheart just asked me if I still need some replacements.

So yeah, MichelSableheart replaces Locke Lamora

Votecount and activity check will be here in a moment...
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 2.2

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in the votecount, please point it out.

Fate (3):
Socrates, Copper, Sotty7
Socrates (2): Fate, Zorblag
Copper (2): Kthxbye, charter

not voting (4): RayFrost, Thor665, MichelSableheart

The current deadline is on
Monday, 12th April at 6:30 PM GMT +1
Countdown (Deadline in 7 days)

Post-Easter activity check in progress
Last edited by Col.Cathart on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Ok, there are at least 4 players at the verge of normal prod. Since it's Easter, I'll do the prods tomorrow if those players (I'm talking about charter, Fate, Socrates and Ray, whose V/LA expired today) won't post until then.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

I have received my rolepm, and am reading the game now.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 am

Post by charter »

I'll have something tonight, been quite busy.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

I have read the first 15 pages, and don't have time for more, unfortunately.

I'm keeping my reads to myself till I have read the entire thread. I'm very interested to see how day 1 ended in a Pomegranate lynch though.

I'm not sure when I'll find the time to finish my complete readthrough, unfortunately. I'm affraid some very busy days may be coming up. In the meantime, any questions for me, anything I should be aware of?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Not really Michel. Locke wasn't really involved with the game all that much so I don't think there is anything pressing to address. The sooner you catch up with the game the better.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 am

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, hi guys.

I was on V/LA because I was quite verily sick.

I still am, but I obviously can't deny you all my glowing personality even if I'm prone to coughing fits in the middle of a post.
don't you feel silly now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Ray - your above post, as usual, contains nothing actually relevant to the game.

Replace or provide content. Thank you.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hmmm... I had never thought of replacing out.

Brilliant idea.

I'm way, way too sick to concentrate hard enough to do well, so I'd only be detrimental.

Mod: replace me
don't you feel silly now?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Fate »

Avoiding prod, going to court today should have something tonight.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Dear gawd, Ray. I seriously thought there was actually a plan or something from your actions Day 1. Hopefully next time we're in a game together it will be one you have time for as I enjoyed our last one. Hope you feel better soon.

@Michel - as far as things you should be aware of - please don't flake, I think by the end of this game we'll have added a few gray hairs to Cathart's head.

Of most relevance in my mind is you simply getting up to speed and offering a fresh glance at where we were and where we are. As a general question in and amongst that work effort, I would like you to clarify your position as regards Ythan/Locke and how your opinions coincide or disagree with theirs.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Saint Kerrigan replaces RayFrost. Thanks, Kerrigan!

Thor wrote:@Michel - as far as things you should be aware of - please don't flake, I think by the end of this game we'll have added a few gray hairs to Cathart's head.
It may surprise you, especially after seeing how many replacements and flaking is going around, but so far I have about 10x more fun from modding than playing, so you don't have to be scared about my hair :P

Anyway, carry on. Promised activity check comes this afternoon, deadline in 6,5 days.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by charter »

charter wrote:I'll have something tonight, been quite busy.
Just kidding, will shoot for tomorrow.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Socrates »

Busy disinterest RL blah blah excuses excuses please don't prod me!
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Copper »

As unfortunate as the recent replacements and holiday downtime have placed yet another burden on the game, I don't see any of these things (Locke/RayFrost's replacing out, Kthx's drunk posting, virtually everyone else's "will make a post later" post) as incentive to stray from a Fate lynch.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Hey, guys.

...so it looks like I know some people here. Here's a hearty "hallo" to Zorblag, Charter, Fate, Socrates, and MichelSableheart. The rest of you, I'll hopefully get to know better over the course of this game.

Will read over this game ASAP and post some thoughts when I'm done.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Socrates »

I am having a really hard time getting into this game.

I really feel that day 1 was distraction after distraction after distraction. I've decided that Ythan is probably town and scum will likely be found in the people who kept on egging on his playstyle conflict.

The only thing there really is to key in on for me is the TCC wagon explosion, and the subsequent attempted push on CSL getting passed over in favor of Pomegranate, but I can't be bothered to look at it that closely right now.

Don't feel like moving my vote right now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

Socrates wrote:The only thing there really is to key in on for me is the TCC wagon explosion, and the subsequent attempted push on CSL getting passed over in favor of Pomegranate, but I can't be bothered to look at it that closely right now.
To my mind that doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree with you on the TCC explosion quite possibly = easy target for scum. I'm also agreeable to the thought that the Pom wagon had scummy riders as well, that seems inevitable.

But the rest doesn't follow. SFG/Saijin got some initial heat from Pom and Sotty before Pom twittered off to Ray and Sotty eventually leapt to the TCC wagon (and then later Ray, before heading to Pom).

Copper opposed the TCC wagon and got on the voter there he found most suspicious - CSL (aka Saijin, aka SFG). In my opinion he never really pushed the wagon and at most it seemed to have grudging acceptance from a handful of players as a reasonable 2nd or 3rd option.

He eventually got Pom to come join him (though personally I think this was because I was pressuring Pom to do anything useful with her vote, and the only other reasonable wagons were TCC and her own so she had to try to get some momentum added to the next best wagon - choosing CSL over TCC for lurking - go figure.)

What about that seems to have keyed you in to CSL being overlooked? How does that tie in to the Ythan/Locke/Michel wagon, or does it? How does this all connect back into your Fate (aka CSL/Saijin/SFG) vote especially since the "starter" of that wagon is Copper (an early pressure player over Ythan's playstyle)?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Socrates »

I'm working from memory of something that I read when I was very tired, but the timeline in my head looks something like this:

There was a Ythan wagon, Ythan is force replaced and his wagon suddenly dissolves and the TCC wagon grows to L-1. A big kerfufle about the speed of the wagon goes down and Copper attacks CSL specifically. Sotty starts up a Pom wagon, I think some stuff about Rayfrost is said then ZOMG DEADLINE, Pom is lynched.

Please correct me if this is significantly flawed.

I (mis)remembered there being more of a push on CSL than there apparently was though. Looking back at vote counts it looks like Pom was the only one to go with Copper and, as you say, that was mostly self preservation. I thought there was more and was thinking that maybe the scumbags exercised some muscle to push a Pom lynch through instead, but that doesn't actually hold with the facts.

As far as the Ythan wagon, as I said, my gut is to say that that wagon was mostly pushed on disingenuous grounds (his attitude + playstyle makes him an easy target, but I felt his interactions with nobody special felt genuine) and I feel whatever cross-section the TCC wagon and the Ythan wagon has will probably have a large scum density, though I haven't actually looked at the specifics yet. I mean sure, I see town driven wagons on difficult players all the time, but then why did it dissolve so quickly when Ythan was force replaced?

Reconciling this with Fate is tough because his player slot was a total non-factor throughout the entire day, with the exception of some iffy SFG stuff and CSL's vote on TCC, and I honestly hesitate to draw anything about CSL because I have been in 4 games with him so far and I have literally seen about that many posts out of him, and if he didn't get replaced it was because he got mislynched.

That said, Fate's play today is absolute horrendous and I am fairly comfortable calling him scum.

Does that make more sense?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

I agree with you on the connection possibilities of scum between the Ythan and Pom wagons.

I think we're you're losing me is when you are then voting Fate. Yeah, his slot was in on the TCC rush, but I don't recall him ever jumping on the Ythan wagon at any point. By your logic shouldn't you be gunning for someone who was part of both wagons? (I'll admit with all the replacements it's not easy to track - but I think the only dual voters for each of those wagons are me, Sotty, and Kthx - feel free to double check as I'm just doing it off Col's ISO).

Basically it feels like you're presenting two separate issues and somehow combining them. If you're just presenting the two thoughts as distinct concepts I'm following, but if not I'm still lost.

@Copper - I can't recall if you've addressed this before; but Socrates has presented a bit of commentary I agree with (Ythan's wagon was pushed by scum hoping to easy mislynch the annoying player). I know you've expressed thoughts about this as regards TCC, do you have the same read on Ythan's wagon? Why/why not?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Hey ya'll. I'm very VERY sorry about needing proding and not being around lately. I'm TDY at Germany and have very limited access to a computer. TDY is military talk for being somewhere I'm not stationed.

I sadly think it would be fairest to you all if I replaced out. Germany is so much fricken fun, I don't think I'll be around at all for the next 20+ days. I'm very sorry.

Mod: I need replaced, sorry.

I know this game it is especially bad due to all the replacements already. I can only say that this slot is just a VT and good luck to the rest of town. I truly am sorry guys.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:Copper - I can't recall if you've addressed this before; but Socrates has presented a bit of commentary I agree with (Ythan's wagon was pushed by scum hoping to easy mislynch the annoying player). I know you've expressed thoughts about this as regards TCC, do you have the same read on Ythan's wagon? Why/why not?
Ythan didn't really have a wagon of any significance. For one brief point directly prior to his replacement, he reached L-3. This was with the addition of Sotty7 and Ray on his wagon. Ray voted first for what seems to be mostly a delayed policy attack, and Sotty's stated reasons were
Sotty7 wrote:Part deadline vote, part Ythan isn't actually scum hunting or trying to convince anyone of anything despite being asked to by several different players. Scummy.
In short, it's a null tell in terms of Ythan/Locke/Michel's alignment. Very natural reasons for townies to vote, very easy reasons for scum to fake.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Fate »

For the sake of avoiding tunneling, and seeing that Socrates is doing the same thing as me (This game is painful to read, we agree on that much at least), and tunneling-

Unvote: Soc

Vote: Copper

Wagons make the discussion go round.

*thumbs up*
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”