Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 274 wrote:What about Nicodemus? Maybe some of the people nommed for best newbie already?

I'm not actually burnt out on mafia or anything, it was just a matter of not really having the time to play properly, which generally leads to people going: "Hey VP, ur not being all aggressive and stuff, you's da scumz!"
The last time that happened to me, I actually WAS (reportedly) da scumz so yeah. <.<

Also, I'm glad to hear that you sometimes type most of a post up, go out and do something, and come back to it. I was really hoping I wouldn't be called scummy for doing the same thing (again, ignoring certain minor points in that line of thought).

I'll do some looking around.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 1:

Cirdua - 7 (Vi, VP Baltar, Lacey, DeathRowKitty, Jasper, Col.Cathart, d3x)
Jasper - 2 (Alexithymia, Sotty7)
Alexithymia - 1 (Jeromus)

Not voting (Cirdua, JasonT1981)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It doesn't take much discussion before the majority of the finger pointing finds it's way to Cirdua.

What? But I didn't even get a chance to do anything!

Sounds like an admission of guilt to me! String him up!

Cirdua tries to turn and run away, but is grabbed by the swarm of angry townies and rushed off to the gallows. Before he can even think about what he wants his last words to be, the ground gives way below him and his neck instantly snaps.

The town cuts him down and searches his home and remains but ends up finding nothing. A shame...

Cirdua has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

The 12 unused days will be added to day 2's deadline.

Night One begins. Deadline is tentatively set for 72 hours after this post. (I may need to extend it if Jasper needs replacement.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Maemuki replaces Jasper effective immediately.

I was able to find a replacement quickly enough that the night 1 deadline will remain the same.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The inhabitants of Zachtown wake up nervously, looking around every corner on their way to the town hall. As everyone reaches the town hall it becomes apparent that not everyone made it through the night. Sotty7 and d3x are missing.

A search of both of their houses reveals nothing of value other than the fact that they were nothing more than innocent inhabitants of the new Zachtown. Sotty7 was found shot in the head with a pool of blood beneath her final resting spot.

More disturbing was the search through d3x's house, nothing remained of him other than a skeleton. The bones revealed bite marks... so it seems that he was literally eaten alive. Nothing like fresh food... yum yum.

Sotty7
vanilla townie
was shot in the head on night one.

d3x
vanilla townie
was devoured on night one.

Day 2 begins, with 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Deadline will fall on May 6th at 4pm CST
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

:(
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That's fantastic. All of the lurkers from yesterday/Jasper's replacement need to be heard from first.

Go.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

VP Baltar wrote:That's fantastic. All of the lurkers from yesterday/Jasper's replacement need to be heard from first.

Go.
Hi! *needs to get thoughts organized tomorrow*
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Maemuki wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:That's fantastic. All of the lurkers from yesterday/Jasper's replacement need to be heard from first.

Go.
Hi! *needs to get thoughts organized tomorrow*
Have you read the thread?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Vote: jeromus
. There's no way he isn't scum.

Let's take a look at some of his posting:

From his first post, we get the following gem:
jeromus wrote:Well - As you may have noticed, Alex, Cirdua and I have played together before, and it was both mine and Alex's first game. If there's one thing that game taught me, it's that Alex being a dumbass isn't a tell. It's just Alex.
I've already given my opinions on jeromus's post at the start of this post, so just read it there.

Posts 1-9 of his iso give no content on anything but the Alex situation (fine, a few of those posts were from double-posting, but still...)

We finally get something else from him in iso 10:
jeromus wrote:So - Enough about the past! I find Alex's post about vote hopping odd... Not enough to warrant a vote, but I don't see Vi votehopping as you seem to. I've very little to take fro this game thus far, hopefully a lack of sleep deprivation will assist tomorrow. I think very little of these accusations, other than to believe them to be invalid. I see no reason that votehopping is terribly worth commenting on, as a matter of fact, other than it doesn't give the town quite so clearly cut a view on where they're waggling their finger, in which case I can only recommend reading things that aren't bolded as well.
He decides to tell us about how he thinks the vote-hopping going on is interesting....only to finish up by saying that he doesn't find votehopping to be worth commenting on! Also, what I said at the start of this post

We then get another gem from jeromus. There's actual content in this one! Praise the lord! Let's look at the content:
jeromus wrote:Alex - In that same game, Alex played atypically and Cirdua got him/her/it/Idunno mislynched D-1. I bring this up to emphasise - I'm getting the vibe I got with Cirdua in that game from you, Lacey...Nothing to back that up, but my gut says this.
Oh, looks like that's it...a vibe from Lacey that's similar to the vibe he got from Cirdua-scum. Note that this is his most significant scumhunting up to this point (iso 12, 4 days into the game).

We then get another post exclusively about Alex's meta, followed by his new record-breaking scumhunting post. Here's his case on Alex:
jeromus wrote:So - With no further adieu - Vote:Alex

Even if it can't be meta'd as scum or town, your play is erratic. You act oddly and unpredictably, and that makes you a distraction to the town. It's like trying to investigate a case as a detective whilst dressed as a jester - You just distract the other officers at the crime scene.

People conform to the usual form of play because it works and you can build consistent rules to decide what is "Scummy" or not. You decide to "Screw the rules" (You have money), and that benefits either scum, or the player and noone else. Either way - The town loses for it.

We can't change how you play - Hell, you're too stubborn to listen to us; but we can change how we react, and, y'know, that whole "Conditioning" thing.
Negative reinforcement, motherfucker.
Yes, he did just vote Alex for being hard to read. Yes, this was while the Cirdua wagon was gaining strength. Yes, this was a convenient way to stay off the Cirdua mislynch wagon. Oh wait, did I assume too much?

Welp, that's it for now on jeromus.

[NK Flavor Speculation]
Zach wrote:d3x
vanilla townie
was devoured on night one.
^ I assume this means we're likely dealing with wolves.

Looking at the other kill though, Sotty is NOT a likely vig target. Either we're looking at SK+wolf or mafia+wolf. If we lynch someone and they lynch mafia (of if someone gets NK'ed and flips mafia, Lacey-scum looks a lot more attractive after her two scum team comment.[/Speculation]
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

with the 2 kills in the night phase it looks like there is either 2 scum teams or a 3rd party killer like a SK now, and given Laceys talking about it in day 1, makes me feel a little more edgy about her.

Jaspers actions leave Maemuki with some suspicion too, his vote was just plain scummy.

But given the write up, and the kill of d3x saying he was eaten alive... wearwolves maybe.... or canibals lol
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Just realized:
Zach wrote:Sotty7
vanilla townie
was shot in the head on night one.
SK's don't generally use guns. Unless SK's are known for devouring their victims, this points heavily to two scum teams and Lacey scum.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Lacey »

Thanks for the great vote towards my intelligence guys. I'm not an idiot. If I were mafia, I wouldn't have had to guess about the setup, as stated previously, I would have already known based on the size of the scum team.

@DRK - You state serial killers don't generally use guns. How sure are you of this? (I've never played in a game with a serial killer). Is vigilante a possibility? If so we need to have a talk with the vig, as d3x was pretty clearly a townie IMO.

I still like jeromus for scum, DRK, why didn't you support my proposal of jeromus for a lynch last turn? The case was just as good last turn.

The Jasper/Maemuki slot is pretty suspicious after yesterday. I'm not sure how to move forward on this, however, as the slot's been replaced and we can't expect Maemuki to account for Jaspers actions.
On an indefinite break from mafia.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Lacey wrote: Thanks for the great vote towards my intelligence guys. I'm not an idiot. If I were mafia, I wouldn't have had to guess about the setup, as stated previously, I would have already known based on the size of the scum team.
I disagree. Two scum means either an SK or a second scum team. Scum would be left guessing just as much as town. More importantly, whether or not there's another scum team actually has some relevance to scum, whereas town really shouldn't care early on.

As for the thing about SKs not using guns, that's very common. They usually use a knife. If there was a vig kill, it had to be Sotty, considering I doubt a vig would devour someone. No way a pro-town vig killed Sotty.

As for jeromus, I thought Cirdua was a better lynch. Apparently, I was wrong about that. Now, I'm coming back to the jeromus case.

I'm not quite as sold on jaspter as others seem to be. I don't see why a townie can't bandwagon with no motivation but bacon. I can see why scum would be more likely to, but still...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

I didn't expect to be wrong on the lynch. I
really
didn't expect me and VP Baltar to be picked around for the kill. So I've had my fun, I went for scum, I missed, the person I called Town died (so I got something right!). I'm ready to let someone else do the heavy work Today. AtE, etc. but aside from the disappointment brought on by me being able to post right now I think letting others play would be a good move. For instance, DRK is correct that we're likely dealing with two scumgroups - likely either 2:1 or 2:2 - and being so brazen about it screams Town.

jason's post 286 earns a twitchvote. He wasn't a great player in Zachtown the First but this is pretty obvious coasting.

Vote: jasonT1981
(L-5)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Lacey »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Lacey wrote: Thanks for the great vote towards my intelligence guys. I'm not an idiot. If I were mafia, I wouldn't have had to guess about the setup, as stated previously, I would have already known based on the size of the scum team.
I disagree. Two scum means either an SK or a second scum team. Scum would be left guessing just as much as town. More importantly, whether or not there's another scum team actually has some relevance to scum, whereas town really shouldn't care early on.
Well we will just have to agree to disagree here. I have a game I could cite where a player made some good points for why town should care, but the game is ongoing, so no dice (the only game I've played in with two scum teams).
No way a pro-town vig killed Sotty.
Agreed, Sotty and d3x were obvtown.
As for jeromus, I thought Cirdua was a better lynch. Apparently, I was wrong about that. Now, I'm coming back to the jeromus case.

I'm not quite as sold on jaspter as others seem to be. I don't see why a townie can't bandwagon with no motivation but bacon. I can see why scum would be more likely to, but still...
I have issues with jasper, a townie can bandwagon, but reread jaspers responses when he was called on his actions.

I need to reread Day 1 tonight to decide on jeromus vs. jasper as my top candidate right now. My case on jeromus was largely similar to that on Cirdua, and Cirdua flipped town, so I think it warrants a reevaluation.

What made you think Cirdua was a better lynch? Can you outline why you felt Cirdua was scummier than Jeromus?
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by jeromus »

Oh, you needn't condescend, DRK.
In any case - Childish protests aside - I was distanced from the Cirdua wagon because I disagreed with it. As said in my wonderful content rich explanation - I found him to be a more dominating player as scum - Presenting new things and making accusations and the likes - Whereas in this game he lurked and said oh so little.

And I only addressed the votehopping because it was directly asked of me - Lest I would have made no comment as it is of little importance. What I found odd was that Alex was accusing someone of being scum FOR votehopping, not the votehopping itself.

Also - Just to hop on the wagon with everyone else - I think we might have two scum teams...It's a distinct possibility :)

Also - Lacey - Your "Nice dig at my intelligence guys" post makes me edgy...If people worry that they will offend, sometimes they will not say what they wish to...Like, say, that your D-1 speculation was that of scum, as you seem very eager to not protest against it, but get off of the topic of it.
SEoS (Shifty eye of suspicion) - Lacey
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Lacey wrote:What made you think Cirdua was a better lynch? Can you outline why you felt Cirdua was scummier than Jeromus?
Well, my initial reason was explained in this post. I think it was also partially that there was Cirdua was analyzed more, whereas jeromus slipped under my radar a bit more. I can't say I regret my Cirdua vote (aside from the fact he flipped town).

I see jeromus has posted since I typed the bulk of this up (I blame distractions....). I'll get to that in a minute.

@Vi
What do you think of jeromus?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Vi »

@DRK: I don't have a problem with seeing jeromus-scum, especially with that last post. His suspicion of Lacey is just coasting on what you said. His vote on Alex Yesterday was a poorly veiled policy vote. And if anyone is being condescending, it's certainly him. (which says a lot coming from me)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Why not? We can let the scum crosskill jason.

Unvote: jasonT1981
Vote: jeromus
(L-4)
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by jeromus »

In what way have I been condescending? :(
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by jeromus »

Because - Last I checked, either the sarcasm tags aren't working, or "Gem" in every single one of its uses in his post justifying his vote on me was used with the heaviest of sarcasm, which offends me. *Cries*
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Lacey »

Jeromus, my discussion of game setups is well documented in my wiki entry, and was discussed on Day 1. The discussion has already been had, which you would know if you were reading the game and scum hunting.

vote:jeromus

Just as scummy today as he was yesterday. Rereading yesterday I just find more reasons to put him on my list, and they're the same reasons why I'd put him on today. Jeromus is doing little real scum hunting, and is simply looking for policy votes, or accusations others have forwarded instead of finding his own.

I still like a jeromus/Alex scum team. Jeromus' policy vote yesterday had little to no chance of going through, so it was a safe way to distance himself from the player he defended earlier. Alex has been far too silent leading up to the cirdua lynch, and needs to post some content and an analysis of the situation soon.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by jeromus »

By well documented, you mean linked, correct? I don't find it suspicious that you're discussing the game setups, so much as your prose - I find it suspicious to be dropping such bombs as "I'm not an idiot".

It's an appeal to emotion right there, and that's what bothers me, more'n the discussion of game setups. I find very little to be suspicious about discussing game setups - Curiosity works that way, which, with a little help from his buddy "Social interaction" becomes a thing known as discussion, but I don't like that post, especially the first sentence.

Goddammit, I'm good at emphasising the wrong points in my posts...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”