Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The big weird Jeep was still there, lurking peacefully under the trees and almost invisible in the mist and the hanging Spanish moss....It was huge, but it had no color. It came from the factory with no paint--only a dull stainless steel finish that soon faded to a filthy shade of yellow and millions of tiny reddish pits all over the hood and the doors and even the Panzer-style undercarriage.

Vote Count 1-21
:

Cobalt ~ L-1 (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo, Sotty7, xRECKONERx)

Jack ~ L-4 (Zachrulez, Cobalt, Locke Lamora)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, ekiM)

Not Voting: hohum

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 3 at roughly 3 p.m. (GMT -4).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Willing to hammer.

If nothing else changes between now and tomorrow, I will go ahead and throw it down.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Percy »

Easter ate my free time. Will have something up before deadline.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Percy »

Locke Lamora 480 wrote:Percy: flinter replacing out is nothing like Reckoner threatening to replace out. Did flinter 'go all emo'? As I understood it, hohum's point was that Reck was going into a sulk and giving up. I didn't see the same from flinter.
Again, someone defends hohum and answers the case against him in a favourable manner. Only after the lack of evidence to back up his read is presented to him by ekiM does he think to actually ask hohum.
Locke Lamora 485 wrote:I'm not saying flinter replacing out isn't scummy
Are you saying it is?

As for xRx's catchup post, I like most of the reads. For me, the won't lynch doesn't have Locke, but has DDD; the might lynch doesn't have hohum, but has Locke; the would lynch doesn't have DDD, but has hohum.

Wagon placement analysis is intruiging, but I get the feeling Vi dropped the analysis too early. Whilst it's true that more data will make the values more accurate, the scum now know how to look better (to Vi, at least) by changing their votestyle.

Seems most people are saying they are confused about how it works, but it should be pretty clear if you look at it long enough. I'm unconvinced as to its long-term efficacy, and as with all mathematical models most of the bathwater is thrown out with the baby, but votehopping a lot onto established wagons is scummy.

ortolan ISO:

The unvote of Reckoner looks suspicious as hell. He threatens to put his vote back on xRx later, votes kyle for "tactical replacement", and I can't for the life of me figure out what was going on in his head when he made this post. Then it was a "Vi is obvscum also a cheater why doesn't anyone listen to me" tantrum before replacing out.

The wagon-jumping gives the impression of scumhunting (he almost scores average on Vi's chart), but the reasons for voting always seem fairly minor or nonexistent, and there's never any explanations behind unvoting.

ortolan is a very, very healthy lynch. I am prepared to hammer also.

I'm still null on Locke after ISOing him. I find his false dichotomy of "Jack or hohum" in the post where he votes for Jack and his ongoing defence of hohum scummy, and I can see why scum would oppose a town lynch (unlike xRx, who gives him townpoints for it). However, nothing is a strong tell.

My ambivalence towards flinter throughout the game has been continued over into Jack. I think his posts have been slightly more townie than flinter's, but I'm still very undecided.

hohum still hasn't said anything. Vi, Sotty and Locke have all defended him, which I find particularly frustrating - I doubt they're all scum with him, but my scumread on hohum remains strong.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by Percy »

So it looks like deadline is in ~9.5 hours. I'll be back online in about 5 hours, and I'll drop the hammer then.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Vi »

<- Gone for the Day; won't be back before deadline

Cobalt's silence is deafening, lynch him, etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, I'm happy with this lynch. Cobalt hasn't come on to do ANYTHING since replacing in. (Unvoting, claiming, updating on progress, ect.)

Unvote: Vote: Cobalt
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Vote Count, Day 1
:

Cobalt ~ LYNCH (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez)

Jack ~ L-5 (Cobalt, Locke Lamora)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, ekiM)

Not Voting: hohum

It's the gunfire that's the hardest to get used to. You would think that it would be the most natural thing in the world to hear at the fortified compound of Owl Farm.

The reports travel loudly through the open field and into the surrounding tree line. In between the thunderous cracks, a four-piece rock and roll band carries out their sound check. The squeaky chromatics have a 60's Fender tweed all over them while a bottom-heavy bass lopes slowly through a long bend. Roughly 100 meters ahead looms the Gonzo Tower.

"Hunter's dead!"
a drunken man shouts as he darts in front of you, shirtless and clearly frenzied at the news. You don't recognize him in the fading light, but then again you don't recognize many of the people at the funeral.

Over at the bar, a group has gathered and reminisces.

"You guys want to know something?"
Cobalt asks.
"I heard Hunter didn't even kill himself. Word is the Pigs finally caught up to him one night."

"Oh, yeah,"
Vi says, skeptical and signalling for another Cuba Libre.

Cobalt nods.
"The Pigs got to him for sure. It was a damn setup. They drew him right out here to this field and let him have it. I heard it was someone he knew well too. That's how they got him out there."

The band is playing now and a cool breeze scuttles across the grass in the field. It'd be a nice atmosphere to enjoy the sunset if to weren't for the ashen corpse up in that damn tower. The old boy is probably having a good laugh at all these brooding bastards.

"Sure seems like you know a lot about it,"
Sotty7 says.

"Well, that's just what I hear,"
Cobalt trails off, feeling the eyes of the group on him now.

Where would he even get such an half-cocked idea from? Hunter murdered? He had to be some kind of state-certified Lunatic. Not that he didn't have his share of enemies, but after all these years was it really believable that someone finally got the drop on him?

What if they really did send in some kind of double agent with top of the line secret spy gear? A fleet of ninjas with high grade tech to make them sound like his wife crying for help in the dead of night. Even a Doctor of Journalism can't hold out against a conspiracy like that forever. And this squirmy worm knows something.

You grab Cobalt by the arm hard and he drops his drink in a stupor. Zachrulez joins in and you drag Cobalt toward the gunfire, which has increased in fervor since the bar opened.

The Fear takes him quickly and he squeels for you to stop, calling out for Order and Reason. Once you've come this far, however, the only thing you can do is punch the throttle and try not to shit yourself. That's key.

Cobalt is hit with an array of calibers and falls into the tall grass after you order him to run for his life. The combination of weak light and heavy intoxication causes the shooters to pay little mind. Or maybe they don't care. He bleeds out with the sounds of a war banging loudly somewhere above as his vision turns gray, then black. It's a war that started long before he was born, but is certain to end by morning.

Cobalt,
Richard M. Nixon (Mafia Neighbor Maker)
, has been lynched Day 1. It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours from this post to submit any night actions you wish to use.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The Gonzo Tower is intimidating in the near darkness. The double thumbed fist clutches it's peyote button like an eye watching down on the funeral goers.

Within, the ashes of the Doctor sit quietly inside their canister, waiting to explode. All of the Fear and anger and sheer insanity built up over the years ready to be set free across the valley below.

The large gathering stands entranced as a pair of large, official-looking men load crates of gun powder into the firing mechanism at the base of the tower. The tension is almost more than one can stand, but there will be no release. Not yet.

Night 1 has ended. Nobody has died.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is April 17 at roughly 12 p.m. (GMT -4).

Votecount 2-0
:

Not Voting: hohum, Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jack, Jahudo, Sotty7, xRECKONERx, Zachrulez, Locke Lamora, Percy, ekiM
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Jack »

That is
AWESOME
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Jack »

Vote:Jahudo
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

Short night.

A quick look at orto's posts and I feel even stronger that reck and hohum are town. Jack's probably town too. And Vi. So why don't you figure it all out why I find a strong drink and some mescaline?

/re-reading thread
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:25 am

Post by ekiM »

Vote: Locke Lamora
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

ortolan wrote:kyle got mislynched on day one in roccisi winter as town doc (along with a whole bunch of other policy lynches), mainly for lurking and being noncommittal if memory serves. I don't see the difference to how he is playing here. flinter's case is basically "kyle usually plays like a sheep and because he's not doing so here he is likely to be scum". Sure it's uncharitable but I also can't shake the feeling flinter is just coming up with a convoluted excuse to vote someone who she thinks is an easy target (and conveniently avoid more populous/viable bandwagons).

Unvote
Vote: flinter
This post just seems like it's out in left field with all the other reasons to have voted for Jack's player slot at the time.

With the flip now it's starting to look like a chainsaw defense to me so...

Vote: Jahudo
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 am

Post by ekiM »

Locke Lamora 368 wrote:Vi, although that lynch would never happen at this stage, is increasingly pinging my scumdar; I particularly don't like his recent vote on ortolan which is in clear contrast to his call for bigger wagons and I feel it's too close to deadline for a major change of direction.
Locke Lamora 437 wrote:I also really don't see the ortolan case. I agree with his earlier point about Reckoner's style as town and I don't think he's been lurking a great deal either. His frustration reads as annoyed townie to me.
Locke Lamora 447 wrote:Vi: because that's exactly what I thought about Reckoner. When I played with town-Reck, he never expressed a desire to give up despite being wagoned to claiming on D1. His 'lynch me' post was a clear departure from that and I immediately thought exactly what ortolan did.
Locke Lamora 485 wrote:I'm interested in lynches on Jack, Reckoner and Vi.

Vi: you suggested that ortolan going after the VIs was scummy; on the same grounds, what do you make of ekiM's early post where he listed kyle, Reck and myself in his scummy category?
Gotta scoot for now, hopefully back on again this evening.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Jack »

ekiM wrote:
Goodies

ortolan
- mostly gut. Reads as genuine. Would like more posting.
Percy
- Again what he's saying feels honest.
sotty7
- Gut...
Zach
- And again. Yeah I guess I can't explain these reads yet.
ekiM wrote: hohum, ortolan, DDD. These guys trouble me. They've all been less involved than I expected. They've all been chasing the easy targets (hypocrisy, I know).

ortolan again with the lurking and chasing xRx/flint. I like his interactions with kyle though. Inscrutable man.

I will support a hohum or DDD lynch today.
ekiM wrote:Scum are hohum, Locke, and one other. DDD? Sotty? Hrm.
ekiM wrote:No reason ort can't be scum, but it's less likely to be with hohum when he named his two lynch preferences for today as Jack/flint and hohum. I'm pretty sold on hohum being scum.
ekiM wrote:Looking again at ortolan, his lurking and going after the VIs a lot still look bad. His meltdown towards Vi is still baffling. I don't know what more there is to say.
ISO 18 you talk about most of the people in the game but skip orto.

Basically, how can you call Locke's defense of orto scummier than your "supporting but not really" of the orto lynch? The best defense is a good offense, don't your lengthy attacks on hohum qualify?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Vi »

Basically between kyle replacing out and ortolan's two-step pressure on kyle, Jahudo looks like obvscum. Sorry again, Jahudo :(
That most recent post doesn't do him any favors at all either.

But for the moment there's a lingering question that I would like to see resolved about someone else who left and didn't come back.

Vote: hohum
(L-5)

Also, Neighborizers always die before D2~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:21 am

Post by ekiM »

Jack wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Goodies

ortolan
- mostly gut. Reads as genuine. Would like more posting.
Percy
- Again what he's saying feels honest.
sotty7
- Gut...
Zach
- And again. Yeah I guess I can't explain these reads yet.
Post 137, five days into the game. So what?
Jack wrote:
ekiM wrote:hohum, ortolan, DDD. These guys trouble me. They've all been less involved than I expected. They've all been chasing the easy targets (hypocrisy, I know).

ortolan again with the lurking and chasing xRx/flint. I like his interactions with kyle though. Inscrutable man.

I will support a hohum or DDD lynch today.
ekiM wrote:Scum are hohum, Locke, and one other. DDD? Sotty? Hrm.
ekiM wrote:No reason ort can't be scum, but it's less likely to be with hohum when he named his two lynch preferences for today as Jack/flint and hohum. I'm pretty sold on hohum being scum.
ekiM wrote:Looking again at ortolan, his lurking and going after the VIs a lot still look bad. His meltdown towards Vi is still baffling. I don't know what more there is to say.
I thought ortoscum+hoscum unlikely. I thought ortolan was scummy. I thought hohum was scummier. So did you, for a time.
Jack wrote:ISO 18 you talk about most of the people in the game but skip orto.
Iso 18 I talk about people under suspicion. Iso 19, six hours later, I re-assess the game and comment on everyone, listing ortolan as one of the scummy players.
Jack wrote:Basically, how can you call Locke's defense of orto scummier than your "supporting but not really" of the orto lynch? The best defense is a good offense, don't your lengthy attacks on hohum qualify?
I called ortolan as suspect before the wagon even started. I thought hohum was a better lynch. If you have specific questions about my thought process, ask.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Quick fire day, nice.

My initial gut reaction on seeing the flip was Locke and Jack as partners. I'm going to do some reading before I place a vote, but it is likely going on Locke.

ekiM what do you think of Hohum now?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

FoS: Jack
for jumping ship to the hohum wagon once the ort wagon was picking up steam. DDD loses some scum points for being so early on the ort/Cobalt wagon, and I think I'll
Vote: hohum
for now.
green shirt thursdays
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Jack »

FoRMC:xReck
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Apologies about being missing much of the last two days; sadly it will continue until late(r) Sunday, but I should have fresh content and/or opinions then.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by ekiM »

Sotty, stuff like:
ortolan 271 wrote:It's just so hard to choose between hohum and Jack.
ortolan 309 wrote:My preference is to lynch either Jack or hohum today. I could vote for either, and could see them both being scum.
makes it less likely. Hope he's active soon.
xRECKONERx 544 wrote:
FoS: Jack
for jumping ship to the hohum wagon once the ort wagon was picking up steam.
Eh? In 475 Jack places the third vote on ortolan (more like fourth, but Jahudo didn't unvote in 457). That was the last thing he did yesterday.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, after it was obvious ortolan was going to be the lynch IMO. Earlier in the day, as ort was gaining steam, I noted in my catchup post that he jumped ship for hohum, then ended up going back to ortolan. Felt like a pseudo attempt to start up another wagon.

Also, I know ort's 309 is WIFOM, but I have this gut feeling one of them is scum and one of them is town.
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Vi »

so where are either of our top suspects anyway

(hohum, Jah00do)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”