DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

DarkLightA wrote:DoItRiley, could you get an avatar please?
I'll get one when I decide what I want as my avatar.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

I would take your avatar if I didn't hate anime and anything that resembles it.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

Well hey if you want to see me suffocate you might as well vote me.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:29 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Yeah okay how about we just not mass claim, sound good?
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:36 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Well, what DLA did is a bunch of what I like to call "busy work". It looks like a whole bunch of work, time, and effort put in, it looks like to post, but really it's pretty unhelpful and useless at this stage in the game. It's irrelevant. What that did was tell us absolutely nothing.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Nice OMGUS. Considering your vote has absolutely no logical reasoning behind it that would point to me being scum that's what I'm labeling it as, OMGUS. It's a "bah Riley doesn't agree with me =(" crap vote. Here's the stupidity behind your logic. Lovers claim and we mislynch, scum kills someone at night and we're in the shitter on D2. I don't know about you...but I don't like being in the shitter on D2. Makes no sense to me.

And according to your join date I've been on this site for nine months longer than you.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Nobody's breaking the setup DLA. Pointing out that doing all that dumb "work" you did was useless is not breaking the setup. If anything you're the one attempting to break the setup by having a massclaim instead of actually playing the game. And it's called an alt. I've played probably about twenty to thirty of games on this site and actually one or two with you.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

I think if the only potential problem is that if we get close to lynching a town lover and they claim, the treacherous lover wouldn't have to claim. Meanwhile if the treacherous lover are forced to claim the town lovers can counterclaim and the scum are dunzo.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

Nikanor wrote:Yeah,
if
we lynch scum. I'd rather just go for the other scum. Having the town lovers alive can be a huge asset, since they're practically masons once the scum lover dies.
I completely agree with this.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

DarkLightA wrote:
Set-up
Mafia Goon #1
Mafia Goon #2

Townie #1
Townie #2
Townie #3
Townie #4
Townie #5
Townie #6
Townie #7

Doctor

Where the lover couples are:
Lovers
1 Mafia Goon
+
1 Townie

1 Townie
+
1 Townie
I've decided this doesn't even make sense. Because if he's including the lovers that makes 14 players and if he isn't that's only 10 players. And there's 12 lol.

And going through with this little lovers claiming plan on D1 is idiotic because it would leave us at an even higher scum per town rate after it's been followed through. That and we'd get pretty much no day play equals stupidity in my opinion. Everything about this plan sucks.

And great job Loner of hopping on a wagon that has absolutely no substance...and then not providing any substance yourself.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

Oh and for anyone who hasn't really been posting anything...a.k.a. Looker, Henry, ksen, Chrono, and easjo...don't come in here being idiotic and jokey/RVS stage junk because there's actual been some serious discussion going on and we don't need any momentum killers bullshitting around.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Nikanor wrote:Trying to look pro-town?
No I just absolutely despise the boring RVS so I'm attempting to move out of that crap. And DLA it's not worth it because the percentage of scum/town will be higher after we've finished that little plan than how we started. It's best to just let the day run it's course and we'll have better chances.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:08 am

Post by DoItRiley »

DarkLightA wrote:
Yankee wrote:Actually I was in the middle of posting something about your last post Nikanor about how I didnt understand how claiming lovers today and not lynching them made any sense, but then i thought about it for a minute, and that is like a safety net almost. The town lovers probably wouldnt be NK'ed because that would give away the treacherous lover pair, and even if they were, then we can choose to kill the other lover pair the next day, or just keep scum hunting knowing that the treacherous lover is in that lover group (i would vote to lynch personally). The only drawback I see to this is it may complicate things later on in the game when we get close to lylo, it could pose major problems if we dont lynch a lover pair on day one. But a benefit is that the doctor wouldnt be tied down on protecting a lover on Night 1 which is always a plus.
^^ THAT, riley
DLA...the scum aren't going to care about exposing the treacherous lover because they've just taken out four townies in exchange for one scum. That's a pretty good trade-off for them and a pretty shitty trade-off for us.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

DarkLightA wrote:
Case 1
Goon
Goon
Lovers: Goon
+
Townie
Lovers: Townie + Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Doctor

Or like this:

Case 2
Goon
Goon
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Doctor
Oh. My God. You have SERIOUS issues counting.
Robocopter87 wrote:I don't think I understand the whole claiming thing very well, but I don't think its a good idea. We really don't have to break the setup, its already broken for us. We have 2 Goons, 1 treacherous Mafia, 3 Lovers, 1 doc and 5 town. We should just lynch who we think is A goon or treacherous Lover. I think that by calling for a claim wouldn't be good. Also, I dislike DoItRileys posts. DLA was trying to think of a way to takedown the treacherous lover and DoItRiley really didn't help. I'm not sure wether DLA's setup expirements was good or not but the way DoItRiley treated them wasn't good.
If you expect me to applaud something that I think was crap you're seriously mistaken.

And oh jeez...here we go. Now that Yankee's started it with most of the active players opposing it I guess we can't back down now.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

Yankee wrote:I am very suspicious of you at the moment DoItRiley for your very last sentence. You seem like you are trying to overstate your opinion of the matter, even after there is no reason to state your opinion because the decision is made. I dont see why you would do this unless you are trying to act town on purpose.
No I just think it's bullshit that you decided to take the decision on your own back and act without thinking of what the majority wants to happen. And it pisses me off because I think this path is a worse path than the other (now defunct) option.

I really did not want my first game on this account to be a loss.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 am

Post by DoItRiley »

I have a lot to say but I'm going to go tan so I'll post after I get back inside. But for the record, I'm not hohum or SensFan. Ironically neither of those two and I got along well. I spoke out against them multiple times.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Nikanor wrote:Anyway, please stop being so aggressive. I very greatly doubt your ability to catch all the scum by yourself, if you are indeed town. Stop being so abrasive, or I
will
do everything in my power to see you lynched.
Don't be ridiculous. There has been no use of ad hom on my part and playing aggressively, last time I checked, has not been a lynchable offense.
easjo682 wrote:they don't need to claim, in fact it seems foolish to claim. and Yankee seeing as you did claim lover and you want us to lynch the lovers I'm going to vote for you never mind that I think its a false claim
Okay explain your path of reasoning here because this is a load of convoluted nonsense. Why do you think it's a false claim?
DarkLightA wrote:Multis much? Who's your main?
Yeah. Right. Like I'm going to tell you that. I will say my old account is going defunct.
DarkLightA wrote:NO! WE ARE NOT LYNCHING ANY LOVERS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knock off telling people who "we" are and who "we" aren't voting for. Last time I checked I have no idea whether you're a part of my "we" or not. So cut it out because at this point I honestly doubt you telling people who "we" are not voting for is going to sway anybody's opinion unless you calm down and start playing rationally.

Start by getting your numbers right.
Yankee wrote:I decided I wasnt going to waste more of my time explaining over again why this plan is worth the risk because you will just ignore me and complain again, but albeit if someone else would like for me to explain it (minus easjo) then I would be happy to.
We have more than every right to be pissed off for your taking this decision on your back for the town. You're going to have to take responsibility for your actions and honestly if this is your response to criticism then clearly you can't even think of a good reason for why you did it.
Looker wrote:Democracy didn't work, so let's try this the Republican way. I elect DoItRiley to decide how we're going to do this. Who should we lynch, Riley?
Well here's how I see it at this point. The most likely to be treacherous scum is either Yankee's lover (because I don't believe scum would just come right out and risk themselves so quickly on D1, especially after players like DLA showed inclinations to wanting to lynch the lovers) or Chronopie (attempting to look more town-like and I doubt that if the other lover was scum they'd just sit back and let their town lover take the lead). So at this point I'd be inclined to lynch Chronopie based on gut, which means absolutely nothing in this game so I have to take more time.

At the moment, based on the information presented, I'd be inclined to lynch easjo because they make absolutely NO sense in anything they're talking about and if we're not lynching one of the claimed lovers I'd want to lynch the liability.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

easjo's reasoning behind thinking your claim is false is ridiculous. It could've been an attempt to squash your lover pair before the other pair had to claim. That would make sense if they were a goon and Chronopie's lover pair holds the treacherous lover.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

easjo682 wrote:This is what situation I was talking about!
easjo...WHAT are you talking about. You're all over the place.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 am

Post by DoItRiley »

Nikanor wrote:Sure it is. If you're not playing
with
the town, you're playing against the town, which makes you lynchable.
Considering you shouldn't know who is town and who isn't unless you're scum...it's a moot point.
DoItRiley
DoItRiley
Townie
DoItRiley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by DoItRiley »

easjo682 wrote:I disappeared from all my games because I've been busy recently
So let me get this right I'm being voted for because
I'm against a lovers claim
I voted for Yankee and explained why
and haven't made many posts
is that right?
No. If you would read people's posts correctly and restate them accurately it would be very clear. Instead, you've chosen to pass over what you didn't like.

I'm not quite sure I understand why some players are so adamant about not lynching a lovers pair today. Their reasoning, to me at least, is flimsy. If we have a 50% chance of hitting scum, even though it wasn't my ideal situation, I suppose I'd have to take that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”