Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote; vote deer

acting like a deer in the headlights instead of making your own arguments.. even if you're town this is weak play.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am

Post by RichardGHP »

To whomever asked: I'm fairly certain this is MPR's second or third game.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:31 am

Post by boberz »

Thanks Richard. can I have links please MPR??
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Jack wrote:
Deer wrote:
Diacria wrote:Hey bob, why don't you join the "Ignore Furco and let the Vig take care of him club!" too!.

FoS: Deer
Cool OMGUS, bro.
Do you really think it's cool?
I saw it jack, you omitted the "Jack still hasn't answered me, btw. " on purpose.

WHY? answer. now. if not I'm just going to vote you again.
MehPlusRawr wrote: *bullshit case on sirdanilot pointing out two of my posts which he supposedly found scummy but weren't in the slightest*
I'm not even going to reply to this. It didn't include any scum tells at all, so I'm just not going to. It seems very very forced (so forced you became tired by making all that shit up).

Note to all:
you do know you can search using THIS site, right? So look up the meta yourself if you need it.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:55 am

Post by sirdanilot »

"if not I'm just going to vote you again.

why did I type that? I knew I had my vote on jack...

read: 'I'm not going to unvote you'
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Jack »

I said that his reasoning was forced and fake, and he asked me if I agreed with it.

You should vote for Deer.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

Post by boberz »

Thanks sirdan, off to bed onw though.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Diacria »

Hey dani. Can you stop tunneling on Jack for one teensy second and just assume he's town. Who's scum in that scenario?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ Deer (Jack, Diacria, Furcolow)
  • 2 ~ Furcolow (horrordude0215, dramonic)
  • 2 ~ bv310 (Deer, Nicodemus)
  • 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, greenindirt)
  • 1 ~ sirdanilot (MehPlusRawr)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, The Fonz, boberz
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • D1 Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1).
  • With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
  • Danakillsu will be V/LA until April 8.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Diacria »

Deadline's in 6 days.
I'm okay with runnning up deer, dram, or bv.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Diacria »

Oh nevermind, that was dana's V/la number.
I'm still okay with running up any of the above.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I just realized the train I'm on feels scummy. Gonna hop off of that vote train pretty quick, so the town can think things over more time.

gonna
vote boberz
for now
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

bv310 wrote:Okay, frustration with VIs aside, there really isn't any case on Furcolow. Not really worth my vote anymore. I was hoping a bit of pressure might make him smarten up, but I guess not.

Unvote
Please use your vote elsewhere posthaste. Kthanxbai.

337 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a good while. I'll explain why when i actually have time to post something longer, but for now

Vote: MehPlusRawr
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I think mehplusrawr is scum. Refer to my posts for that.

unvote

vote: mehplusrawr

why? because I don't think I'm going to get anything useful out of jack anyway and I am not that sure if he's scum or not (if you read, you'd notice I said that before).

sorry if this seems like a forced vote change, but I've made up my mind now.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Jack »

The Fonz wrote:
337 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a good while. I'll explain why when i actually have time to post something longer, but for now
Yeah, it's pretty bad.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 am

Post by boberz »

boberz wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Wait, with the contract- You can't claim vanilla townie unless you're at L-1, but you're not allowed to lie about your role? That looks a bit contradictory, or am I misunderstanding it?
Explain this again please MPR. (nobody else please I want MPR on this)

Why did you seem slightly indignant when people asked you for a case, then halfheartedly present one on sirdan.

---

Do you understand why we need to see you scumhunt in as many posts as possible???

---

How much mafia have you played MPR???
I still want this answered MPR.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:53 am

Post by RichardGHP »

MPR is posting in another game off site... now he is officially lurking here.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

For anyone who doesn't get the MPR wagon:
MehPlusRawr wrote:I like basing my scumtells off more than one piece of evidence. I have indeed found things that look, but not enough of them for me to want to lynch someone.
Sometimes, you have to base scumtells off one piece of evidence.

For some reason this post doesn't sit well with me. If he finds someome scum-like, he just says they're scum-like, which generally indicates that if the person flips town, MPR didn't vote for them and if they flip scum, MPR found them suspicious. It's win-win for him, which is rather suspicious.
Because I'm a little busy at the moment. I'll do it later. ;).
If you were only a little busy, you should have been abvle to post more than one lousy sentence.

ISO # 5 - The case on sirdan I attacked earlier. This is a pretty weak case and comes across as scum trying to look protown by pushing a case. The case itself lacks logic because there is no logic behind lynching a townie (with few exceptions e.g. hunter).
He's encouraging me to vote for him, so I've apparently got a good reason to vote for him.

If that made any sense...
That's a pretty poor reason to vote for someone.
Saying "im proton lolz!!" is completely unhelpful. Scum aren't usually going to say "Hey guys, I'm mafia. Please don't kill me.", and townies aren't gonna say "Hey guys, I'm mafia. Please don't kill me." In short, everybody is or pretends to be town.
Thanks for the tip, Cpt. Obvious.
Damon definitely should post more
Hello pot, have you met my friend kettle?
Also, why are people telling me to get an avatar? I'm too lazy to get an avatar! :X
It makes it easier to find your posts at a glance. (Mostly when you want to include the post subject when someone quotes it.)

ISO 8 - States that sirdan wants MPR to vote on little evidence (scum wouldn't be THAT obvious) so MPR wants to lynch sirdan. Pot meets kettle again, as MPR is voting off of even less evidence than sirdan implied.
I'm saying that your case sucks.
And pot and kettle lived happily ever after.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

Ok, so I've been absolutely terrible this game and the past few days have had one disaster after another. Illness a couple of days ago, followed by me having 2 attempts at a long reply to Furcolow's vote on me thwarted by a (computer) virus which I have since got rid of. I'm miles behind with reading and don't understand everything that's going on, which I don't like. I had basically no time for this today, but I made time for it, because I've been feeling guilty.

I don't have enough time to read and give my full-informed backed-up views now, but I don't want to give you all another crap post, so I will at least say that for now I have a strong town read on Furcolow. His case on me was bad (as I tried to show twice yesterday and will show in the near future) but not in a scummy way. That he made such a case is townish to me because scum right now could sit on a nice easy wagon and not have to say much about it that others haven't already said. Combine that with his generally worried and indecisive attitude and we have a typical town player, at least, in my experience.

I've had a read of M+R's post, 337, based on what Fonz said, and I don't really see what's so scummy about it, so I look forward to Fonz explaining this.

Before you all say, I know I need to do something with my vote, but at the moment, I'm not in a state to make an informed decision of what to do with it.

M+R: Get an avatar because it makes it easy to identify posters quickly.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Oh and boberz, I am pretty sure all of MPR's games are ongoing, so no links.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

I'm kinda swamped right now with games/RL issues, and I have to drop one of my games. This is probably my least active one, so I'm going to have to choose it... sorry everyone :(

Mod: Requesting replacement

Mod Edit:
unvote
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Ythill »

CryMeARiver replaces horrordude0215.

I'm not going to bother with a vote count since there's already one on this page. I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.
Last edited by Ythill on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

CMAR: Welcome to the game. I await your thoughts on recent events.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:16 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

boberz wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Wait, with the contract- You can't claim vanilla townie unless you're at L-1, but you're not allowed to lie about your role? That looks a bit contradictory, or am I misunderstanding it?
Explain this again please MPR. (nobody else please I want MPR on this)

I misunderstood it, as the last bit of my post said. I thought that it was telling VTs to lie when they claim, then telling everybody not to lie.

Why did you seem slightly indignant when people asked you for a case, then halfheartedly present one on sirdan.

Didn't know that I seemed indignant... My case wasn't meant to be halfhearted, I just haven't been on my computer much during break and they've been kinda hasty.

---

Do you understand why we need to see you scumhunt in as many posts as possible???

Yeah, if I don't scumhunt, I die and town has a worse chance of winning. :X

---

How much mafia have you played MPR???

In two ongoing, not counting this, have played some chat mafia with my friends.

RichardGHP wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Okay, Sirdan. You say there have been plenty of scumtells. Please list those "plenty of scumtells". Who are you currently voting for?

I DON'T like lynching town. Obviously, scum prefer to lynch townies. If I'm going to lynch somebody, I'd like to be pretty sure that they're scum. One odd post doesn't necessarily indicate scum, several odd posts combine indicates scum. If somebody posts something weird, protects somebody else, and lurks, then I'd say they're scum. If somebody says something only slightly out of the ordinary, especially when I don't know how they usually play, then I'll note it, but not consider it a scumtell. Kthx?

Now, as for the scummy posts I've seen made...

Let's look at the ones by you. You've made most of them.

"3. I contributed much more than most people in this thread. I cannot 'scumhunt' when there's only one contentful post in the entire damn thread. "

Later, in response to my

"As of yet, I haven't seen any posts that I'd consider scumtells."

you said

"No we cannot figure out the alignment of those who haven't posted, but if you had actually read the thread, you would have known I said people aren't posting even when the game is ongoing too, due to flaking etc. We have to hunt with what we have. Besides, the game has started now.

I find it very very alarming that you cannot find any scum tells while there have been plenty. We are in page 5 and there has been content since page 1.
vote: mehplusrawr

I strongly urge you to go start scumhunting now, even more so if you don't find anything on first sight. "

I said in effect the same thing that you did, so then you told me I was wrong? That's a bit of a contradiction. If I say what you said, and I'm wrong, then you said something wrong. In effect, you're accusing yourself of being scum. That's a pretty weird way to play.
I've also seen that you've been acting strangely aggressive, in posts like 23 and 53.

Being that you're telling me to vote on little evidence, presumably because you're scum who wants to lynch townies, I'm voting for you. Vote: Sirdanilot
MPR's comments have been bolded due to lack of quotation boxes.

This case on sirdan seems really forced and the majority of the case is mere (not to mention obvious) gameplay theorems, which are flawed in themselves.
Well, I suppose that's true in that it's made up of mostly theorems. The case isn't meant to be forced, as I said earlier in this post, my cases were slightly hasty.

MPR's only semi-decent point lies in him pointing out sirdan's contradiction, which is a pretty thin reason to lynch.
Didn't you just say to share any evidence I get, and lynch whoever looks scummy? It might not have been you, but I know that somebody was telling me to...

I can attest to MPR being a newb, but the case he made was terribad and looks forced.

Unvote; Vote: MehPlusRawr
Spring break is over tomorrow for me, and the quality of my posting will hopefully improve.

Happy Easter, everyone.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:22 am

Post by The Fonz »

MehPlusRawr wrote:
greenindirt wrote: Also, getting an avatar would be helpful as well.
Bah, as I said before, I'm too lazy. What's the benefit of getting an avatar? I probably will get one if anybody tells me why I should get one...
Makes it easier to find your previous posts, and easier to recall who said what. Visual stimulus and all that.

Now for those who asked, here's what's wrong with the content part.

rom actual gameplay I am not liking it either. Voting Sirdan for encouraging people to vote for their suspicions
Terrible, terrible. Encouraging people to vote for their suspicions is exactly what decent town players do.
I'd like to lynch scum today. If I vote for people on a little evidence, they will (usually) be town. If I vote for people on a lot of evidence, they will more often be scum. Sirdan wants me to vote on a only a little evidence. Hence, I conclude that Sirdan wants to lynch town.
A) WHO PEOPLE VOTE FOR is probably the best, and certainly most objective, form of evidence there is. By refusing to do that, you are denying the town the opportunity to get evidence on you. Who wants to do that? Scum.

B) Voting creates pressure, which gets people out of their comfort

C) Town has to lynch SOMEONE. Therefore, you should always be voting the player you think most likely to be scum (or, if near deadline, the player most likely to be scum out of those who might actually get lynched). If something changes, you can always move it.

In short, MPR just called Sirdan scummy for doing something hugely protown.

MehPlusRawr wrote:
claiming to have evidence and scumtells but not sharing them, later saying he has little evidence and all that, makes me feel that he has nothing and is just saying it to score town points.
Well, this can go for a world record in "Suckiest response" category
It's actually a good response, definitely not the suckiest ever- claiming to have evidence then backing off of it is scummy.
MPR wrote:but I had them in a notepad file, and the notepad file is now lost. It presumably didn't get saved. I didn't address this earlier because I didn't want to go find the posts again, plus I expect people to think I'm lying.
It's a pretty damn bad case, if it's based on evidence, but you can't remember any of the evidence, or even the gist of it. Why didn't you want to find the posts again? At best, this is lazy. To have a suspect but not be willing to make the effort to put the case across is again, either horrible play or scum evasion.
MehPlusRawr wrote:Alrighty, here's two scummy posts from Sirdan, since you want what I consider to be scummy.
sirdanilot wrote:Boberz dont bring meta of an ongoing game into this game. It's
against the rules

I can behave authoritarian as damn well as I please. Explain to me how it is scummy. Now.

This bit here seems strange. To me, this appears as a bad reaction to a vote on him.
This is a terrible, terrible thing to find scummy. It's not 'a bad reaction' in the slightest. ANY MAFIA PLAYER WORTH A DAMN will tell you that you shouldn't reference ongoing games in other games. It's a serious breach of site rules, and could get you modkilled in the other game. Sirdan's actually doing you a favor here.
MehPlusRawr, aimed at Sirdanilot wrote:You have a good point here. However, the contract is designed so supposedly nobody does these things, and supposedly nobody gets lynched for it. Furcolow's later post was completely illogical, and unexpected for that reason. This contract is a pro-town thing, and you're opposing it.
Game theory opinion, not scummy. Sirdan was clearly less confident than I that we didn't have an outrageously stupid player in the game. Believe it or not, they're not unheard of.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”