mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I haven't read all new posts,yet. But right now I would really really appreciate SV posting so I can decide if my vote shall stay on him, because right now I very much lean towards (wait, that rather eupemistic) moving it on to VV.

Do you also see a scum getting some kind of nervous breakdown under pressure, talking OMGUS with weak reasoning?

Maybe I should ISO SB right now, not that I had any serious suspicions right now, but i t seems she multiplied the number of her posts during the past day.

I will go into detail tomorrow. I will also give my opinion about the Jack vs. Iec argument again, because Chronos asked for it.

Cu then, good night.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Meh, I'm telling all of you, VV is scum.

Stop doing whatever you're doing and vote for him. Gogogo
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hey, I'm Andrius.
Naturally, I'll be reading up on the past pages, and I'll get back to you all sometime soon... most likely within the next 24 hours.
I'm on Spring Break so I'm going to be somewhat busy.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Meh, I'm telling all of you, VV is scum.

Another "I'm still here" post? You are so town. I almost do not want to reply to your posts because in my eyes, your alignment is confirmed. Any further alignment is pointless. But whatever, lets play your game.
Well, VV, what can I say? You are saying that I'm opportunistic, yet I fail to see that. I'd be opportunistic if you already had a wagon on you. And, there's something wrong about all of that. You are trying to discredit me instead of defending yourself. What's that called again? I remember there's a term for that... Hmm...
It wasn't as opportunistic as it was hypocritical. I mean come on, admit the hypocrisy. Your ISO lacks any sort of content and you accuse me of not giving anything to the game. My scumdar pinged from 80% hypocrisy and 20% others(namely: lurking, plagiarizing, opportunism and whatever else I mentioned). Note that I did not have any idea of your meta beforehand.

And for your second point, it's called attacking scum. I don't defend myself from scum when I have them in my sights. It is a pointless waste of time to answer to their scummy accusations. I'd rather get them lynched. Fling as much mud to their direction as possible because their lynch will clear me of any mud they tried to put on me. Luckily for you, my meta study was conclusive on your town alignment. Hence, this defense.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VasudeVa wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Meh, I'm telling all of you, VV is scum.

Another "I'm still here" post? You are so town.
I giggled a little.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Blearghh. EBWOP

"Any further alignment confirmation is pointless."
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

More paranoia @ that -- is he deliberately miming the rhetoric I used during my chat with Jack?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Iecerint wrote:More paranoia @ that -- is he deliberately miming the rhetoric I used during my chat with Jack?
The what now? Why would I mime that? If you are finding it suspicious, then why would I use it again? More importantly, why are you using it against me? Blah, this is bad. Nothing good will ever come from both our paranoid vs. paranoid banters.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You mimicked Jack's claimed "towntell" so he would get a townread on you, and you mimicked my prior rhetoric with Jack because it resulted in no wagon building up on me.

Or those were both a coincidence. Which isn't totally out of the question, but ye know.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Plum »

Passover catchup 1.0:

So, Flava Flave, if the convenience thing was something I did, can you explain what it was? Compare the convenience to SV's hypocritical attacks on me, please.

Joh. If it makes you feel better, I'll give you my meta. As far as I can tell, if you're really interested in what prompted SV to say he knew that I played however he thinks I play and evaluate it against his stance on me, you'd really want to be asking him to supply some links and analysis. But. Ask and you shall receive, now that the site decided to work again:

Replaced in as scum.
Town here.
Town here, too.
Scum here.

He might have seen me play here. Or he might have been pulling something out of his rear. It's anyone's guess, really.

And Joh, you say you agree with Flava's case against me. The case is as follows:
Plum voted SD and voted SV with convenient timing.
The SD vote was an RVS vote, the first vote of the game. The SV vote I explained. Flave didn't explain the convenience or what's scummy about it, and you don't very well. In fact, the SV vote, which is what appears to be the crux of Flave's case, is based on reasoning which you appear to agree with - that SV made GiD out to have admitted to lying when he hadn't. So I'm scummy for a case based on behavior which you agree is odd. Riddle me that, why don't you? Also you throw lots of suspicion around but are voting me for refusing to give my meta you called for 'so many times'? Give me a break. At best, you politely suggested one single time that I might 'feel free' to show something of my meta.

Jack, I'd suggest leaving pairing speculation off the table Day 1; it's really mostly a distraction until we see at least one flip.

I agree to the basic point of VV taking some opportunistic pokes at SD and then ignoring everything that's followed up there. I might chalk up the rolefishy goodness to a moment of stupidity (hey, we all have them) except that
VasudeVa wrote:I mean, it happened before the game started so it won't say much about alignment. And also it won't indicate any alignment since it is a vote regardless of alignment, it will give us an idea of what to expect in the days to come.
The thing here is that I really can't see what sort of benefit there would have been to this - he states outright that it's not alignment-indicative. I agree that the SD case is weak and VV ignoring that isn't that great, but it wouldn't bother me as much if he hadn't committed the shady rolefishery stuff and, after pressure was applied, started flailing like a dying squid. His initial reaction to SD was so full of appeals and other slimy stuff, raging about one point in the case where he pushed the hypocrisy line, making the active lurking point of Snowy's into the whole case and then . . . grargh strawmanny stuff ensues into OMGUS backlash into scum pie.

VV, who's your top suspect right now? Who was your top suspect as of Post 222?

With SV, who hasn't showed up again, that makes three excellent suspects, we should all be so lucky. I'd be fairly happy voting any of them, but what I really need is SV to show up and, like SD, help me decide. I like the VV wagon but would like to showcase the excellent darkhorse Joh right now . . .

Vote: Joh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

So, I was going to make a post here, but I pretty much agree with Plum. I could get behind lynching SV, VV, or Joh at this point. I think I prefer SV or VV because my read on them isn't tainted by OMGUS.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Please accept my apologies: I am finding I am unable to give this game the time or attention it (and all of you) deserve.

@Mod: Please replace me.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Johoohno »

Still behind in my reading, but Shattered Viewpoint, could you please show us the game where you found Plum acting differently!
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Joh

Shattered just replaced out.
I'm a talking computer.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Johoohno »

@ LC: Yeah, I know, but he might be around answering that anyway *fingers crossing*
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:53 am

Post by ooba »

RL issues - will get back with views on other players ..

And great .. SV is getting replaced ..
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 am

Post by VasudeVa »

VV, who's your top suspect right now? Who was your top suspect as of Post 222?
Not really sure. I am not a believer of the 'slip' most people claim on SV. If anyone here would understand 'slips' its me because people accuse of that far too often. (Due to my language problem). Most discussions, I see are town. If anything, it's the lurkers I'm most afraid of. It's easier to analyze people when they have more posts. But with the general lack of posts from a majority of players, I'm left behind. Most feel like town banters.

If I am forced to pick one, I'd say it's SD with his last post. I have a strong hate for "I'm still here!" posts. This one feels like he's throwing suspicion equally on both me and SB so that he can rest easy while he's away. Let us cook for a while, maybe once he gets back, the rope is closer to one of our necks.

That's what I think so far. My D1 game is terrbile. I find it easier to analyze nightkills and lynches rather than read between the lines. >.>.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

VasudeVa wrote:If anyone here would understand 'slips' its me because people accuse of that far too often. (Due to my language problem).
Your English is extremely good. It's fair enough that you may not personally pick up on certain slips given that English isn't your first language, though.

I want Jack to come and play with me. :(
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Iecerint wrote:
Jack, do you think my summary of the case on SD was inaccurate or misleading? If so, why haven't you offered SB a more balanced take on the issue?
Your "summary of the case" sounded more like a defense. I think it's weird that you offered to do it in the first place since you apparently don't suspect SD very much.

Points one and three are red herrings that were weak points you brought against SD and quickly dropped. Point 2 you misrepped as "SD voted for snow bunny, but it was fine because Jack asked him too". Remember I said this:
Jack wrote:I see. That is scummy. But not because it's brusque, but because it's a dumb vote (snow bunny was clearly doing a random vote, and it isn't suspicious to random vote on your first post). And he's the last person who should be jumping on someone for random voting. It's way out of wack with his dice vote.
You act like I should have said "well that's a bad vote and hypocritical, but it's what I asked you for!" when obviously I wasn't asking him for a bad, hypocritical vote.

SD isn't a huge suspect for me, I simply don't see any reason for a townie to keep doing these subtle defenses that are trying to not look like defenses. If it's your play style then that's pretty frustrating.

And to whoever it was who said I shouldn't be looking for pairings this early, I very much disagree. And I don't have much else to go on anyway. Vas is seeming town now, and SV dropped out.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If you recall the post, I pointed out that I would summarize it because SB was the second person to request a summary of the case; no one else had picked up the baton. Better me than no one. So that's why I summarized it even though I didn't suspect SD.

I also pointed out for the reader's benefit that I hadn't thought much of said case, so I wasn't an impartial framer of the case. That's why I don't think my summary/defense was misleading.

In addition to "subtle mode," I also have "friendly mode." I can switch to that if it will help you cope. :P
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Jack »

I know you pointed that out. I don't care that you pointed it out--I care that chose to defend him in the first place. Do you have a "I don't assume people are townie for no reason and defend them all the time" mode?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If you knew I pointed it out, why did you just say you thought it was weird that I summarized the case for SB? :roll:

My perception was that the language issue was creating problems, so I stepped in. Will not address this issue again.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Mod: VLA for the weekend.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Johoohno »

This game is turning into a flakefest and that’s not good at all. However, back to Plum:
plum, post 234 wrote:The SV vote I explained. Flave didn't explain the convenience or what's scummy about it
Possibly not, but I guess he referred to what I pointed out:
johoohno, post 169 wrote: Snaps to life (in post post 106) after Shattered Viewpoint (post 101) calling her play style scummy in comparison to some other performance he seems to have seen by her
Doesn’t it seem very convenient that you find SV scummy right after he found you that? OMGUS comes to mind.
plum wrote: At best, you politely suggested one single time that I might 'feel free' to show something of my meta
post 122:”
A Plum game link here would fit nicely
, either by Plum or Shattered Viewpoint.”
post 147:”
@ Plum:
Feel free to give us your meta anyway, I'm actually waiting for it.”
post 169:”My vote is on her in wait of the meta I’ve called for so many times now.”

What’s interesting is that you end up voting me much in the same fashion you voted SV. I hope you are capable of seeing scums rather than people voting you.

@ Iecerint:
(Since you seem to be logged in fairly often): Could you elaborate on what makes me scummy? In post 224 you seem to understand where I come from, but in post 235 you all of a sudden appears interested in lynching me.

@ mod:
This game would benefit from an official vote count anytime soon now. (And an urgent replacement of Shattered Viewpoint would be excellent too.)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

SV is correct that Plum is an active, competent player. My experience with her is Twilight mafia and Kingdom Hearts mafia. It seemed really weird that he focused on her like that, though.

I'd actually rather hear Plum summarize what makes you scummy, since I don't think she's ever done that. To answer your more immediate question, my 224 indicates that I acknowledge a consistent narrative for your views, but that doesn't mean I've necessarily switched sides of the fence.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”