Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

mebe @ J. My only game with SB since then was Kingdom Hearts, where she was 3rd party and replaced in D2.

Vote Count 04: Lynch

Starbuck - 1 - PaltryExcuse
Drippereth - 3 - J-Scope, Cyberbob, xvart,
Steam Powered Shovel - 1 - Starbuck
SensFan - 2 - Steam-Powered Shovel, curiouskarmadog
Kmd4390 - 1 - FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum - 1 - Jack
Starbuck - 1 - Cobalt
SpyreX - 1 - SocioPath
Elscouta - 2 - SpyreX, Anon,
Elmocrates - 1 - SensFan
xvart -
- Elmocrates, Budja, Drippereth, Kmd4390, Iecerint, farside22
Anon - 1 - Elscouta
MehPlusRawr - 1 - Papa Zito,

Not Voting (3): MehPlusRawr, ooba, xofelf

With 25 players alive it'll take 13 to lynch and 13 to no-Lynch.

There are no players in the
Halls of Mandos
, so right now there are no
Revive
or
Destroy
counts.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

SPS wrote:The elscoutawagon is dumb.

People should get on the SensFanwagon. I mean, he's a fan of the Ottawa Senators and those are Canadian. Canadian!
Posts like this get my eyebrows up.

The els wagon isn't a divine bolt from heaven but pish-poshing it for a different wagon thats also based on moonbeams?

Why?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 am

Post by xvart »

farside22 wrote:xvart: Why the vote on Drippereth?
I upgraded my FoS to a vote since he was essentially the one that planted the seed about how voting for a claimed scum is scummy.
farside22 wrote:xvart: I think tries to hard to make something that was said in jest into something serious. He talks about it as WIFOM in regards to whether scum would blantantly out themselves. Seriously people are tht dumb as scum?
Farside:
So now, in your opinion, Escoulta is guaranteed town the rest of the game since nobody would "be that dumb as scum"? If Escoulta later acts scummy on other merits you would dismiss it because he couldn't possibly be scum? What if we do lynch Escoulta and he flips scum?
Iecerint wrote:I think the scummiest thing to happen so far is xvart's insistence that his vote on Els was "non-RVS" after being challenged on the issue. It looks like he felt compelled to justify himself rather than reflect on his position.
It wasn't a random vote. I never said it was. So I should have not said anything and just sat at my computer, and reflected on how I should have cast a stupid vote for someone for some stupid reason instead of voting for a claimed scum? I don't know what your win condition is, but I'm here to scumhunt so I'll post my justifications
and
reflect at the same time.
Kmd4390 wrote:Because they know that town is going to realize that no scum in their right mind would do it, so the player who does it must be town. So you do it for town points.
Kmd4390:
Same questions as I posed to farside: in your opinion, Escoulta is guaranteed town the rest of the game since that "no scum in their right mind would do it"? If Escoulta later acts scummy on other merits you would dismiss it because he couldn't possibly be scum? What if we do lynch Escoulta and he flips scum?

I'm glad I now know how to get a foolproof membership card to the town club house for future games.

FoS: Farside and Kmd
for giving someone an unrestricted free pass to towndom on page five.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
Opportunism? Every time I see that word used it is not in a positive light. Aka, opportunism = scummy.

Who's being opportunistic and why not vote for them?
All those that voted because of Elscouta's "Hi, scumbuddy!" post.

And I haven't voted for any of them because there's more than 1 and besides that I really don't have reads yet.

Drippereth wrote:If Escoul is scum, then Starbuck is scum with 'im.
It's sad how you can never read me.

Iecerint wrote:
Drippereth wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Are serious votes really being placed about the first RVS post in the game?

Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
If Escoul is scum, then Starbuck is scum with 'im.
Starbuck used similar rhetoric as town ("Bella's Mom") D1 in Twilight IIRC. D1 lynch.
I wouldn't say it was similiar at all. The incident there occurred during confirmations, and was a completely different situation than the current one at hand.

J-Scope wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Are serious votes really being placed about the first RVS post in the game?
Are you seriously questions serious votes being placed about the first rvs post in the game? :roll:

Also 'Overreaction and opportunism' are lovely buzz words, but really I don't see either of them being applicable. Examples.
Overreaction to what he said, thus the bandwagon on him.

And opportunism because it's the pushing of something easy.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

x wrote:Farside: So now, in your opinion, Escoulta is guaranteed town the rest of the game since nobody would "be that dumb as scum"? If Escoulta later acts scummy on other merits you would dismiss it because he couldn't possibly be scum? What if we do lynch Escoulta and he flips scum?
In your opinion people are scum automatically for saying hey scum buddy?
It's a null tell at best. Not OMGUS scum lynch now. If he acts scummy later then I will go on that. Not a hey scum buddy comment. If scum were that dumb I would stop playing this game.

x wrote:I'm glad I now know how to get a foolproof membership card to the town club house for future games.
Someone knows how to misrepresnt the point completely, be snarky and get OMGUS all in one. Awesome you make me even more happy with my vote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

I agree that it wasn't a random vote in the sense that my vote wasn't a random vote, but I have a difficult time believing that you could accurately characterize it as a "serious" vote, which is the impression you gave.

SB, your post in this game was like LET'S NOT ALL GET CAUGHT UP IN RVS GUYS whereas that in the other upon EK replacing zwets you was more like GOSH WE LET OURSELVES GET ALL WORKED UP WITH THAT; RESET! Maybe that makes it clearer what I was referring to. It's definitely true that the situation was different, but the premise was the same.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

lol

EBWOP: whereas in the other one, upon EK replacing zwets, you were more like*

I cannot spell. I think I have a brain tumor. Or MS. Bummer. :(
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

That's not how I was like at all and what an inaccurate way to represent me. Zwet claimed while we were still in confirmations. Game play was not supposed to begin yet and instead of PMing the mod, he decided to post in thread and thus reveal his role prior to gameplay beginning.

When EK replaced, I did want to give her a clean slate to start from, especially after all the fucktarded things that Zwet did. I truly felt, and still feel, that he ruined the game and that led to my eventual lynch.

I just don't see the similarities between the above situation and this game.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

J-scope wrote:No evidence to suggest scum are more likely to do it though, it's just one of those things I find scummy.
What? Scummy actions are exactly those scum are more likely to do. Do you mean you think scum are more likely to do it, but you don't have any data to back it up?

SpyreX, pushing a random wagon is fun. Wagons based on crappy reasoning, however, are not.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

I also believe you are inaccurately representing me here. "LET'S NOT ALL GET CAUGHT UP IN RVS GUYS" is not what I meant at all. It was pretty obvious that he was joking in that post, and quite a few people took it seriously and as a scum tell and ran with it. That's where I feel the opportunism and overreaction came from.

Instead of asking for him to clarify, they jumped all over him. People that are normally cautious about that type of thing.

So no, the premise between this game and Twilight is definitely NOT the same.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Starbuck wrote:I also believe you are inaccurately representing me here. "LET'S NOT ALL GET CAUGHT UP IN RVS GUYS" is not what I meant at all. It was pretty obvious that he was joking in that post, and quite a few people took it seriously and as a scum tell and ran with it. That's where I feel the opportunism and overreaction came from.

Instead of asking for him to clarify, they jumped all over him. People that are normally cautious about that type of thing.
It's RVS isn't it normal for people to be jumpy? Otherwise I see most games where people sit on their ass's trying to initiate discussion while scum do nothing but lurk.

I think people calling it a scum tell and pushing it as scum is over the top.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

farside22 wrote:It's RVS isn't it normal for people to be jumpy? Otherwise I see most games where people sit on their ass's trying to initiate discussion while scum do nothing but lurk.
Yes, it's definitely normal for people to be jumpy, but this reasoning is some of the weakest I've seen.
farside22 wrote:I think people calling it a scum tell and pushing it as scum is over the top.
This is exactly what I was trying to say.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

updating post coming tomorrow morning. (maybe tonight if you bitches are lucky)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Uh, I fail to see the contrast you're implying.
RVS
EARLY GAME WAGONS, if that makes it clearer. The point is that you were objecting to an atmosphere where players join wagons (ala RVS voting) without thinking critically. Drip thought this meant you were scum with Els, but I thought it was similar to your attitude after zwet replaced out. Also:
I vaguely remember you making a post very similar to this, which is probably what jogged my memory. Ima go check.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, it was this:
Starbuck wrote:Wow, am I really getting grilled about RVS?
Which got the wagon going. Or I remember /headdesking when I read it as a replacement after your lynch, at least. XD
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

Are you still harping on a game that occurred forever ago?

You are making this into a huge distraction for this game.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Drippereth »

Starbuck is looking very town.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 am

Post by J-Scope »

Starbuck wrote: Overreaction to what he said, thus the bandwagon on him.

And opportunism because it's the pushing of something easy.
He had like 3 or 4 votes, hardly something to be concerned about. It's not like they threatened to quicklynch him within a page. It was hardly an overreaction since people found it scummy (obviously)

How is it oppurtunistic though...if people find it scummy, it's opportunistic to vote for it? I don't see it, at all. It just seems like a word people throw out, even if it doesn't always apply.
When EK replaced, I did want to give her a clean slate to start from, especially after all the fucktarded things that Zwet did. I truly felt, and still feel, that he ruined the game and that led to my eventual lynch.
I sincerely hope you don't think zwet was the cause of your lynch in that game. I mean, if you do I've no idea what to say, but I think I can see the point iec was trying to make in general, even if I don't find it all that telling, as it seems more of a playstyle quirk than an alignment tell.

@ Steam Powered Shovel, I'm aware what scummy actions are, I should have said data instead of evidence.
Farside wrote:I think people calling it a scum tell and pushing it as scum is over the top.
I don't really see anything over the top about it really.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Starbuck »

I mean, is there a point to you dragging this on? Because I still feel that the situations are different, no matter what quotes you pull out of the Twilight game.

What I said there is in a completely different context than what is going on in this game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

J-Scope, I know that Zwet wasn't the cause of my lynch in that game. But that situation was the start of what would eventually lead to my lynch. Are we done with this distraction now? We have a game at hand, and discussing a game that ended over six months ago is not going to get us anywhere here.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Drippereth »

Sure, why aren't more people voting xvart?
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:18 am

Post by J-Scope »

Drippereth wrote:Sure, why aren't more people voting xvart?
I do not believe xvart is scum, good drippereth.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't like being told that I'm wrong. I can't help it. :(

If I say I LOVE MINESTRONE in a Church or in a Mall, the context is different, but the sentiment is the same.

@ J, that's totally my point -- Drip's perceived scumtell on SB was a playstyle quirk rather than an alignment tell IMO.

Second closing the issue. Was only intended to address Drip's concern.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

(Side-Note: Is J someone I know? I dun recognize the name. O.o)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: nvm. Hi, Faraday. <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”