Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Lol @ inhim only voting ksun after Fonz says so and completely ignoring me/Shanba.

I'll have more later but I'm out for tonight
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

dahill1 wrote:Lol @ inhim only voting ksun after Fonz says so and completely ignoring me/Shanba.

I'll have more later but I'm out for tonight
The Fonz :knowsstuff:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Quagmire »

i'm paying attention

still voting korts
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod: Please prod or replace the following players:

iamusername; ksun482; sorasgoof; and springlullaby

mipe needs to die ASAP.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote: There's plenty of time left. There's no need to get desperate for a lynch yet. Thus, my vote is on the person I believe to be scummiest. If it wasn't on SL, it'd be on no lynch until we get desperate enough that any lynch will do.
Uh, Izzy, there's five days until deadline. You've spent a couple of weeks talking about how SpringLullaby needs to die. Not one person has joined you on that wagon. What you're doing here is hiding behind what ethicists call 'Integrity of the person' - that is, you're happy enough for mipe to go down, but you don't want to get your own hands dirty doing it. Therefore, you'll park your vote somewhere where it clearly isn't doing any good. Springlullaby has not posted in THREE WEEKS. That's clearly not lurking, that's 'She's gone inactive and is going to be replaced.'

Meanwhile, you'll wait it out until, in your own words, 'We're so desperate for a lynch that any lynch will do' and you can shift to mipe without anyone blaming you for it, because it's desperate and the alternative to mipe is nolynch.

What are you trying to achieve, Izzy? You're clearly on record as disapproving of SL's distaste for the low-information part of day one. You have the possibility of making a choice between two wagons, something which will lead to the generation of actual information. But you choose to, basically, active lurk instead. There's a stage between 'No time pressure at all, vote whoever you think is scummiest' and 'so desperate, any lynch will do.' That stage is 'vote the best viable wagon.'

@ Quag: as above, although at least your vote is, in itself, better than Izzy's. You've made your point. But you've convinced no-one in several weeks. There's no way you're going to convince nine people in five days.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:50 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

^^These points on Dizzy are very convincing.

However I'm not seeing where this mipewagon hate has come from. Why is someone so anti-town a bad wagon?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Korts »

People I'm willing to lynch: FeFiFoFum, mipe, ksun, Richard. We really should do something at this point.
scumchat never die
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am

Post by scotmany12 »

@Fonz, what do you think of RichardGHP? Also FeFiFoFum too?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

The Fonz wrote:Uh, Izzy, there's five days until deadline. You've spent a couple of weeks talking about how SpringLullaby needs to die. Not one person has joined you on that wagon. What you're doing here is hiding behind what ethicists call 'Integrity of the person' - that is, you're happy enough for mipe to go down, but you don't want to get your own hands dirty doing it. Therefore, you'll park your vote somewhere where it clearly isn't doing any good. Springlullaby has not posted in THREE WEEKS. That's clearly not lurking, that's 'She's gone inactive and is going to be replaced.'
As I said - plenty of time. I've expressed a willingness to jump on the mipe wagon if necessary in order to get a lynch. I am not joining that wagon until then so that we can at least attempt to get a better lynch going, even if it looks unlikely. The rest of that post isn't worth responding to because it's ridiculous.
Meanwhile, you'll wait it out until, in your own words, 'We're so desperate for a lynch that any lynch will do' and you can shift to mipe without anyone blaming you for it, because it's desperate and the alternative to mipe is nolynch.
Mipe is a sub-optimal lynch. I'm not going to encourage a sub-optimal lynch until it's necessary.
What are you trying to achieve, Izzy?
A good lynch for the town.
You're clearly on record as disapproving of SL's distaste for the low-information part of day one. You have the possibility of making a choice between two wagons, something which will lead to the generation of actual information. But you choose to, basically, active lurk instead.
Blatant mischaracterisation of behaviour noted.
There's a stage between 'No time pressure at all, vote whoever you think is scummiest' and 'so desperate, any lynch will do.' That stage is 'vote the best viable wagon.'
No.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:03 am

Post by DeathNote »

~Yosarian2 replaces springlullaby. Thanks Yosarian2!!!~
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Korts »

Hi, Yos.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

unvote

Hi, Yos!
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Also, we may have a Shea issue, since mith's description of his groundless ban doesn't say whether it's GD only. How Adel managed to get Shea banned for doing nothing is anybody's guess.
Show
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hey, I'm replacing in.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, catching up.

-The early Izzy wagon looks pretty null (and actually kind of funny). Don't really like FeFiFo's vote on it, though.
RichardGHP wrote:
Korts wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:It's RVS. I don't expect to accomplish anything until we're out of it and have started scumhunting
NO. RVS is not something to get over, nor is it something in which scumhunting doesn't happen. It is merely a stage where information is not so readily available. Do your work instead of whining, otherwise information will not be generated.
RVS is, in fact, something to get over. You can't stay in it the whole game.

Also, how DARE you call me whining when not one word in my post implies so? Misrepping to that kind of degree is really pretty scum-like you know.
This post of RichardGHP's looks kind of scummy to me. Perhaps he dosn't know that dice-voting in the RVS stages is going to get some negitive attention these days, but his overreaction to Kort's post does not feel pro-town to me.

On page 5 now...I like Shea's scumhunting so far here.

Anon wrote:
Request ksun to be force replaced.
Why? I'd like an explination for this, Anon. He's acting weird, but at least he's made a vote that (kind of) had a reason for it; he's been more active then some people in the game.
VasudeVa wrote:I dislike the stall of the Izzy wagon.

Although, I sincerely have no idea on why the wagon is happening. Why anyway? Is this some Meta-Nazi ploy, trying to lynch off the proverbial 'Jews' or something?

Still, this will move town forwards. So here.

unvote, vote Izzy
What's the point of this post? "dislike the stall of the izzy wagon", but "has no idea why the wagon is happening", calls everyone on the wagon nazis, and then joins it?
What the heck?
Fos: VasudeVa

Followed by:
VasudeVa wrote:
Korts wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I dislike the stall of the Izzy wagon.

Although, I sincerely have no idea on why the wagon is happening. Why anyway? Is this some Meta-Nazi ploy, trying to lynch off the proverbial 'Jews' or something?

Still, this will move town forwards. So here.

unvote, vote Izzy
Seriously? If you don't know what the Izzy wagon is for, why are you on it? If your best guess is that it's a completely pointless venture, why are you on it?

unvote, vote: VasudeVa

Blatant opportunism.

To be fair, I don't see a big issue with dahill's distinction between anti-town and scummy, although the "did anyone else see this" part does make it a bit more difficult for me to believe that he didn't find Richard scummy.
Big early wagons make people claim. Since this is a closed set-up, I'd like some early claims so we know what we can use against scum. GTFO my strategy.

Seriously, what's wrong with you? Every post I make, you go all out and criticize it, possibly getting the lynch on my neck. I do not know you from anywhere in this site, nor has the game gone far enough for you to be tunneling on me. I dislike it.

FoS Korts
So, he's trying to "Get people to claim", which is inherently very anti-town, and now he's OMGUS fos'ing Korts? Soooo scummy.
VarsudeVa wrote:Scumhunt on what exactly? Unreliable tells? I'd rather scumhunt based on actions, thank you very much. Here I go now: His tunneling and your vote scream scum. I've got half the mind to vote one of you. If he's scum, you're scumbuddy. Easy.
It's taking a lot of willpower to not just vote VarsudeVa right now, but I'm going to try to finish my readthrough first.

Varsudue votes Dahill, in a pretty scummy looking attempt to get the wagon to move off of himself...

Ok, read to the end of page 7. Will take a little break, get back to this in a little while...
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Quagmire »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Also, we may have a Shea issue, since mith's description of his groundless ban doesn't say whether it's GD only. How Adel managed to get Shea banned for doing nothing is anybody's guess.
Yeah, what the fuck was that shit? mith needs to quit being so unjustifiably arrogant and stubborn and put someone actually capable of moderating the board on the task. He's a shell of himself.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Quagmire »

The Fonz wrote:@ Quag: as above, although at least your vote is, in itself, better than Izzy's. You've made your point. But you've convinced no-one in several weeks. There's no way you're going to convince nine people in five days.
I suppose you're right, I'll have to re-vote Korts tomorrow.

But under no circumstances should we lynch mipe.

I also think you case on Izzy is built on a house of cards.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Quagmire wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Also, we may have a Shea issue, since mith's description of his groundless ban doesn't say whether it's GD only. How Adel managed to get Shea banned for doing nothing is anybody's guess.
Yeah, what the fuck was that shit? mith needs to quit being so unjustifiably arrogant and stubborn and put someone actually capable of moderating the board on the task. He's a shell of himself.
The worst thing is that Adel was blatantly fishing for a Shea ban, Shea took the high road and didn't go for his bait and still gets banned. There's no fucking justice and mith should be ashamed of himself that Shea gets banned when I could probably name 5 people from that one thread who were more deserving.
Show
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

Okay. I am finally caught up. My apologies it took so long. So here we go.

My number one suspect is scot. I am simply amazed he hasn't gotten more attention in the game (though I admit reading in one sitting versus in the flow of the game gives different feelings). Anyway, I urge people to iso read him in full, but consider the following:

All he has done all game is attack people for attacking others. The only exception is a Vas push early on that was a pretty safe play since Vas seems newbish. I'm thinking distancing.

But back to my main point which is that his MO has been to attack other people for attacking. To me, this comes across as scum who doesn't want to be involved in straight out lynches, but rather wants to defend someone (white knight) to get the lynch. By defending as a manner of attacking, I think he knows he never has to be on a bad lynch (I doubt many would feel his attacks are anything but weak), but he still gets points for pressing people.

Look how often he opposes the mipe wagon. Admittedly, I don't see the mipe wagon as a particularly strong one, but I can't help but feel scot has looked at this as a way to retroactively score points. Of course, this theory of mine requires that mipe is either town or a different scum faction, but I think either is plausible. Anyway, take a look:
Yeah, I'm not liking the mipe wagon. Just seems like he is a player that doesn't really care, and that is not mutually exclusive with scum.
Why do you think mipe [corrected] is scum? Burden of proof lies on those trying to lynch him.
scotmany12 wrote:
dahill1 wrote:mipe claim and/or die
Why would mipe claim at lynch -2?
This mipe wagon is horrible.
In between these he says little else. Before this, he attacked Richard for going after dahill. Before that, he went after Vas for going after Korts.

unvote

vote: scot
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Anon »

We need moar platry votes.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Anon »

I wouldnt mind getting rid of ksun either.

Yosa, at that point I was annoyed for reasons I dont remember. IIRC, he posted a stupid post before that reaction.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

What the hell are you even saying Zoraster? First off, you didn't even read my posts if you think my one gripe against Vas was that he went after Korts. There was far more to it.

And secondly, I'm attacking people for attacking others? What the hell does that even mean. I think RichardGHP is scum because of his case against dahill. It was opportunistic, and contrived as hell. Did you even read my post on him? I attacked the validity of his case, not once did I say I think dahill is town. It seems like you are trying to accuse me of chainsaw defense, which doesn't work unless you know the alignment of dahill. Basically, your whole post condemning me makes absolutely no sense.

TheFonz case on izzy is fairly bad.

Mipe wagon is still awful. Ksun wagon has merit. Still prefer RichardGHP, who has never even responded to my post against him. inhim is pretty scummy too. I need to reread the case on paltry before I form an opinion.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

scotmany12 wrote:What the hell are you even saying Zoraster? First off, you didn't even read my posts if you think my one gripe against Vas was that he went after Korts. There was far more to it.

And secondly, I'm attacking people for attacking others? What the hell does that even mean. I think RichardGHP is scum because of his case against dahill. It was opportunistic, and contrived as hell. Did you even read my post on him? I attacked the validity of his case, not once did I say I think dahill is town. It seems like you are trying to accuse me of chainsaw defense, which doesn't work unless you know the alignment of dahill. Basically, your whole post condemning me makes absolutely no sense.

TheFonz case on izzy is fairly bad.

Mipe wagon is still awful. Ksun wagon has merit. Still prefer RichardGHP, who has never even responded to my post against him. inhim is pretty scummy too. I need to reread the case on paltry before I form an opinion.
I dislike the lame scum hunt attempt at the end. What are you trying to achieve with that?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

scot, people asked for my dahill case, I gave it to them. Would you rather I just voted him with no explanation?

Also, today is my designated catching up day, so if you have questions for me to answer, please repost them.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Reading page 9 now.

TSQ and Shanba seem pro-town to me. Not really sure I understand the dahill wagon.
Richard Massive wrote:I feel like I'm flying under the radar somewhat.
That's an odd thing to say. But yeah, there's a bunch of people flying under the radar.
RichardGHP wrote:
Quagmire wrote:IGMEOY Korts, you've been pretty worthless so far this game.
I didn't agree with Quagmire's post here, but what I REALLY don't like is the way RichardGHP just echoed it.

VasudeVa's vote on Quagmire on page 12, when Quagmire's attacking Korts, is...interesting. I don't agree with it, but it's not at all what I would expect if Vasude was scum. Va just moved down my list of likely scum.

(on page 14 now)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”