Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by Budja »

@Els, The votes do pretty strongly imply you should explain yourself. So stop complaining and do so. (basically, I want to see an answer to SpyreX's question too)

@Elmocrates, the socrates half gets what I am on about. That xvart post wasn't crash hot. 46 was much worse.

(More clarification. Your post 47 seemed to imply you were voting xvart for his els. vote which made me wonder why you were ignoring the other wagoners. (Sorry if I didn't make that properly clear before))

---

Anyway, Els wagon is ok, xvart wagon is better.

Vote Count 03: Lynch

FeFiFoFum - 1 - Iecerint
Starbuck - 1 - PaltryExcuse
Drippereth - 2 - J-Scope, Cyberbob,
Steam Powered Shovel - 1 - Starbuck
xofelf - 1 - farside22
SensFan -
- Papa Zito, Steam-Powered Shovel, curiouskarmadog
Cyberbob - 1 - xofelf
Kmd4390 - 1 - FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum - 1 - Jack
Starbuck - 1 - Cobalt
SpyreX - 1 - SocioPath
Elscouta -
- xvart, SpyreX, Anon,
Elmocrates - 1 - SensFan
xvart -
- Elmocrates, Budja, Drippereth
Anon - 1 - Elscouta

Not Voting (3): Kmd4390, MehPlusRawr, ooba,

With 25 players alive it'll take 13 to lynch and 13 to no-Lynch.

There are no players in the
Halls of Mandos
, so right now there are no
Revive
or
Destroy
counts.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Budja »

Simul :P.

You could have just said so before Els.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Budja »

Oh wait, you did. Bad reading on my part :P. Sorry about that.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Starbuck wrote:Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
Opportunism? Every time I see that word used it is not in a positive light. Aka, opportunism = scummy.

Who's being opportunistic and why not vote for them?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 am

Post by xvart »

Elmocrates wrote:There's nothing in signing your name at the bottom of each post that's inherently town, either - that's obviously not sufficient to suspect someone. It has to be, you know, actually suspicious. Do you find it suspicious?
Nice analogy. So you are saying that claiming scumbuddies has as much inherent significance as saying your name to each post? You are suggesting that claiming scumbuddies is as anti-town/scummy as signing each post? Are you saying that people should be just as suspicious of me for signing each post as I am for suspecting someone that claims scumbuddies?!
Elmocrates wrote:Someone might be scum, or they might be town. If that's sickening, Mafia must be very tough on you, no? What exactly do you dislike so much?
Nice oversimplification of what I said. I'm not disputing or complaining about the fact that there might be scum or there might be town in this game. I'm talking about someone saying "I'm scumbuddies" in the first post, and then being defended by "He can't possibly be scum, why would scum do something stupid like that."
Elmocrates wrote:I didn't ask why you voted him. I asked why you voted him and did nothing further. You must have a very strange definition of scrutiny if it's met by starting a bandwagon on someone and then just sitting there. How far do towards lynch do you think the bandwagon should go before you deign to ask him a question or something? You know - scrutinise him.
My apologies. Perhaps I should have said pressure instead of scrutiny. I wasn't going to come out guns a'blazing for something, because as you've gone out of your way to point out, there may possibly be nothing to it. A pressure vote is fine with me and I didn't feel I needed to start an interrogation since it would probably illicit a response in and of itself. More votes started coming in and that was fine with me; in fact I was glad to see it since Elscouta hadn't responded yet.

The response seems legitimate to me, exponentially moreso than "I was just messing around!"
Elscouta wrote:Hmm. "scumbuddy" referred to the fact that Cobalt and me were scumbuddies in Precision Mafia that just finished.
That was easy enough.

Unvote

Vote: Drippereth

Elmocrates wrote:I would also just like to note that xvart never did ask why I had voted him, which I find very weird. Did he not need to be told why he was scummy?
Maybe I just didn't care why you think I'm scummy? I didn't realize you would need to be prompted to further explain your page two case on me. I was also told during my first game here that I shouldn't respond to everything as it makes me look scummy. So I chose not to respond since I really don't care that someone simply states "xvart is my first suspect with nothing else other than some stuff about people who don't random vote can't be scum." Whoopty Doo.

Next time I'll be more prepared to help prompt you and assist in building a case against myself.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Elscouta wrote:What more do you want to know than "I voted Cobalt because we were scumbuddies last game"?
No. No, no, no and NO.

I know I would never, ever post anything like that in any game. Except as noob scum believing in the mystical power of WIFOM and wanted to hit the ground running in my first post.

Do you're scum. With xvart.

-DGB
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Drippereth »

Elscouta wrote:What more do you want to know than "I voted Cobalt because we were scumbuddies last game"?
No. No, no, no and NO.

I know I would never, ever post anything like that in any game. Except as noob scum believing in the mystical power of WIFOM and wanted to hit the ground running in my first post.

-DGB
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Jack »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
No. No, no, no and NO.

I know
I would never
, ever post anything like that in any game. Except as noob scum believing in the mystical power of WIFOM and wanted to hit the ground running in my first post.

-DGB
Key phrase here.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

The elscoutawagon is dumb.

People should get on the SensFanwagon. I mean, he's a fan of the Ottawa Senators and those are Canadian. Canadian!
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Iecerint wrote:
Not-yet Confirmed

2. xofelf
13. Anon
15. curiouskarmadog
16. FeFiFoFum
21. ooba

I don't know FFFF.
Vote: FFFF
Will check
^Calculated vote=scummy.
Papa Zito wrote:
vote: Sensfan

Policy gogogo.
Elaborate please.
Budja wrote:
vote Sens
You are voting on the largest wagon with no other text in you post. Elaborate, otherwise this is scummy.
xvart wrote: True, I am not psychic; but I have always considered myself to have above average intelligence; regardless, it didn't take a degree in advanced cryptography to decipher this encrypted message:
Elscouta wrote:Hi, scumbuddy!
But I applaud your efforts to make something out of nothing.

FoS: Drippereth

xvart.
Vote xvart

Elmocrates wrote: Lets try and take this in a different direction. When you consider the fact that not random voting almost always without fail draws suspicion on the perpetrator, why in the world would scum not random vote?
Because they know that town is going to realize that no scum in their right mind would do it, so the player who does it must be town. So you do it for town points.
SensFan wrote: I find it a significant anti-Town action to not random vote.
On Day 1, if all else is equal, I'll vote for anti-Town actions before I vote for scummy actions.
Hense the vote.
I never random vote. Am I a good Day 1 policy lynch in every game I play?

------------------

Scumlist:
xvart
Budja
Elmo
Iec
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
vote: Sensfan

Policy gogogo.
Elaborate please.
Sorry, confidential.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

Midterms are finished!
Iecerint wrote:
Not-yet Confirmed

2. xofelf
13. Anon
15. curiouskarmadog
16. FeFiFoFum
21. ooba
All of these players check out with regard to posting patterns except ooba.
IGMEOY: ooba

I took Els RVS as an allusion to Precision mafia, which just ended. Cobalt and Els were scum together. I don't think anyone kept up pressure after he explained as much, though.

Els, any particular reason Anon gets the vote over SX?
Kmd, to SF, wrote:I never random vote. Am I a good Day 1 policy lynch in every game I play?
I think Kmd is misrepresenting SF's point here. SF claimed that failure to random vote is a net scumtell. He didn't approach the policy lynch issue. Also, if there's a bizarre policy lynch anywhere, it's the one on SF. Namely, his playstyle's been perfectly acceptable in the games I've played with him.

I think the scummiest thing to happen so far is xvart's insistence that his vote on Els was "non-RVS" after being challenged on the issue. It looks like he felt compelled to justify himself rather than reflect on his position.
Unvote; Vote: xvart
. Watching ooba's slot, too.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 am

Post by SensFan »

Iecerint wrote:Also, if there's a bizarre policy lynch anywhere, it's the one on SF. Namely, his playstyle's been perfectly acceptable in the games I've played with him.
Eh. I was going to call out people on it, but then I realized I only have 5 votes, with 13 to lynch. This is like 1-2 votes in a Mini.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

hydra post 41: is a classic DGB post. Come on prove me wrong.
Elmo post 45: Why is Xvart a scum suspect?
Sens post 49: Are you really going to sit there and say every person who voted you was random?
Seriously this is weak stuff coming from you.
Cyber post 52: Deserves a gold star
Drip hydra post 53: I CALLED IT. But seriously that doesn't make the point less valid.
Sens post 60: Now I just have to ask this: What is your definition of a random vote?
Elscouta post 71: Wins the argument.
xvart: Why the vote on Drippereth?
DGB post 80: Seriously?
kmd post84: what in that quote made you vote xvart?

xvart: I think tries to hard to make something that was said in jest into something serious. He talks about it as WIFOM in regards to whether scum would blantantly out themselves. Seriously people are tht dumb as scum?
Then he argumes more with Elmo while voting for drip for no reason I can find.

unvote: Vote: Xvart
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 am

Post by SensFan »

farside22 wrote:voted you was random?
Sens post 60: Now I just have to ask this: What is your definition of a random vote?
By a random vote, I basically mean pretty much anything but a lack of vote, or a literal random vote. I use the term 'random vote' to mean a vote placed at the beginning of the game for arbitrary reasons. I don't think anyone actually thinks most so-called 'random votes' are truly random.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Drippereth »

Starbuck wrote:Are serious votes really being placed about the first RVS post in the game?

Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
If Escoul is scum, then Starbuck is scum with 'im.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:
By a random vote, I basically mean pretty much anything but a lack of vote, or a literal random vote. I use the term 'random vote' to mean a vote placed at the beginning of the game for arbitrary reasons. I don't think anyone actually thinks most so-called 'random votes' are truly random.
I know too many players that do not do RVS no matter their allignment. For me it's a null tell.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 am

Post by SensFan »

farside22 wrote:
SensFan wrote:
I know too many players that do not do RVS no matter their allignment. For me it's a null tell.
I don't care what it is for you.
Even if I knew that someone played in 1000 games and always random voted as Scum and never as Town, I'd still vote them if I played in a game with them and they didn't random vote.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Iecerint »

Drippereth wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Are serious votes really being placed about the first RVS post in the game?

Instead of questioning the person suspected, overreaction and opportunism reign.
If Escoul is scum, then Starbuck is scum with 'im.
Starbuck used similar rhetoric as town ("Bella's Mom") D1 in Twilight IIRC. D1 lynch.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 am

Post by xofelf »

SensFan wrote:
farside22 wrote:
SensFan wrote:
I don't care what it is for you.
Even if I knew that someone played in 1000 games and always random voted as Scum and never as Town, I'd still vote them if I played in a game with them and they didn't random vote.
Well, i highly doubt you know how many people "random" vote their scumbuddies and make it look like it's totally arbitrary. If you knew why people were doing what they were doing and what they were thinking, you would never lose a game, now would you?
I don't know if it's how you normally play as it's been so long since i've played with you, or just this game, but i severely dislike the way you're playing so far. Almost makes me want to strangle kittens, it irks me so. I'm just going to hope that it's just my bad mood today that's making everything you've said so far seem very short-sighted.
One more thing, why the hell do you vote anti-town before genuinely scummy? That does not make sense. How often are those types of scummy people actually good to keep in the long run? Or maybe i'm missing something.

@KMD: Whether you random-vote or not, you're a very fun person to lynch D1.. because of the bitching you do post game :lol:

also,
unvote
I accomplished what i wanted to(which admittedly wasn't anything important at all) so no point in keeping this.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Drippereth »

Not in the mood to talk theory with Sense, but I remember he had talking about his always vote for people who don't random vote and anti-town over scummy stuff quite recently in MD.
Thanks Yerk.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Iecerint »

Drippereth wrote:Thanks Yerk.
I have a helpful heuristic for which is which! :P

I want a DGB hydra. :(
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

unvote: Sensfan
vote: MehPlusRawr

Post.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:39 am

Post by SensFan »

xofelf, read my posts. I've explained already in this game why I vote for people who don't random vote, and also why I vote anti-town over scummy early in the game.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:58 am

Post by J-Scope »

Elmocrates wrote:
xvart wrote:I don't see any thing in claiming scum/scumbuddies to be inherently town.
There's nothing in signing your name at the bottom of each post that's inherently town, either - that's obviously not sufficient to suspect someone. It has to be, you know, actually suspicious. Do you find it suspicious?
This is a ridiculous example, but I'm sure you were aware of that when posting. What's the point of comparing those two things (signing your name, and claiming scumbuddies, I mean they're not at all similar)

I too find the claiming of scumbuddies to be suspicious and have voted people for it in the past. No evidence to suggest scum are more likely to do it though, it's just one of those things I find scummy.

Anyway xvart reads town to me thus far, and I think the justification for the votes on him thus far are quite poor.

Hey socrates what was so 'lame' about post 44?
The only xvart post that mildly concerns me is 46 but the rest have his posts have been quite good.
Are you seriously questions serious votes being placed about the first rvs post in the game?:roll:

Also 'Overreaction and opportunism' are lovely buzz words, but really I don't see either of them being applicable. Examples.

Iec wrote:Starbuck used similar rhetoric as town ("Bella's Mom") D1 in Twilight IIRC. D1 lynch.
Yeah, something like that. However that game was ages ago and I'm sure she's played differently since then. Also it was more her objecting to zwet claiming in the pregame phase there, I think than anything else.

Xofelf you dedicate a lot of time to what seems to be a playstyle difference. I mean, I don't agree with Sens but he appears consistent in what he does (from reading md on his rvs policies). It just seems like content for the sake of content to me.

I'll probably not end up signing most of my posts due to forgetfulness, but I don't think me and Jahudo should be that hard to tell apart anyway.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”