ZOMBIES! - Zombies take over for the win!!!

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by iLord »

SlySly wrote:No, I am saying that the most likely reason behind you doing it would be because you are scum and want to make yourself look good. If you were town, I don't see you bothering to make such a display, I think you would *shrug it off and get back to scumhunting.
Umm, I was asked to explain my thought process. Why would I just shrug it off as any alignment? That's more of a laziness tell than anything.
SlySly wrote:I think it is a little strange that you can remember that now, but you couldn't during D2. You were pushing pretty hard on D1 to get people suspicious of manho.
You need to actually read the quotes you're quoting. I said on D2 that I couldn't remember why I thought manho was scummy so I'd look back. Guess what I did a few posts/days later?
SlySly wrote:I think the cult would love for us to believe this. It sure doesn't surprise me that you are pushing this belief. I doubt it is the case, though.
Just because the cult would love us to believe it doesn't make it any less probable. Farside said this was a cult game, and that PR's die when recruited. We have two dead PR's in two successive nights and no claimed vigs. Logical conclusion is that there were two failed recruits.
Pie wrote:Honestly, guys, SlySly has yet to put out a cohesive argument today. I would really like to stop entertaining his little tangents and get on with the day. I'm most willing to string up CoolDog or CMAR, would be willing to entertain a few others. What are all y'all's thoughts on those two?
Honestly, neither of them appeal.
ani wrote:CD got replaced in another game, and Sly, are your argumnets ALL this bad?
Hypocrisy ftw?
SlySly wrote:
iLord wrote: Town and Scum both should have Zombie Lords in their Role PM.
Why do you think this?
Scum = Zombie Lords.
pie wrote:Seriously, guys. Stop getting baited by SlySly. He's like a troll, but on accident.
Incidentally, those are the best trolls.

More relevantly, SlySly is not incapable of bringing up decent arguments. His cases so far have just not been convincing to me (And not particularly so, as the cases of other players share this quality).
SlySly wrote:Right now, Pie is the obvlynch. He wants our PR's dead and has been fishing for them since his arrival. His predecessor was so scummy he was 2 votes from lynch and no one other than me has even bothered looking at him since he replaced in. Quit allowing him to coast just because he has a new name. He would love to leave the town in a position of only being able to take ZL's out with the lynch, leaving him and his scummidy scum buddies to drive mislynches like they have the last 2 days. Ask yourself, why did Tate replace out? I think the answer is obvious: he was caught scum with no out.
Tate replaced out because his stubborn personality would not permit him to fold and start answering me. As I've explained, this behavior is not exclusive to scum. He could be scum with no out, but he could equally likely be a townie who'd rather replace out than get mislynched.
SlySly wrote:I would bet they are. The cult leaders in the games I have played in before were.
You know if the cult leaders aren't II, this is exactly what the cult leaders would want the town to think.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote: Umm, I was asked to explain my thought process. Why would I just shrug it off as any alignment? That's more of a laziness tell than anything.
You said yourself it was the first time you had ever done it before. I'm paraphrasing. I don't think this is something you would normally do, especially as town, but okay.
iLord wrote: I said on D2 that I couldn't remember why I thought manho was scummy so I'd look back. Guess what I did a few posts/days later?
Fair enough.
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:I think the cult would love for us to believe this. It sure doesn't surprise me that you are pushing this belief. I doubt it is the case, though.
Just because the cult would love us to believe it doesn't make it any less probable. Farside said this was a cult game, and that PR's die when recruited. We have two dead PR's in two successive nights and no claimed vigs. Logical conclusion is that there were two failed recruits.
You are assuming there is only 1 ZL. At least one cult game I played in started with 2 CLs and 2 Cult Goons. I really doubt there is only one ZL in this game especially since the Sample PM clearly states Zombie Lord
s
. I doubt it started with goons though because I think the same PM would state the win condition as being when the cult was eliminated. I could be wrong about that, though. There could be up to 6 cult right now with this thinking, 2 ZLs, 2 goons, and 2 recruits.
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:
iLord wrote: Town and Scum both should have Zombie Lords in their Role PM.
Why do you think this?
Scum = Zombie Lords.
Fair enough. Even if this game started with goons, you are most likely right that they would have been informed who their lord was. I would assume the win con for any town would match the sample PM.
iLord wrote: Tate replaced out because his stubborn personality would not permit him to fold and start answering me. As I've explained, this behavior is not exclusive to scum. He could be scum with no out, but he could equally likely be a townie who'd rather replace out than get mislynched.
Wasn't it you that was saying he was only refusing to answer to prevent incriminating himself? Again, I am paraphrasing.
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:I would bet they are. The cult leaders in the games I have played in before were.
You know if the cult leaders aren't II, this is exactly what the cult leaders would want the town to think.
Fair enough, again. I think the possiblity exists, though that is total speculation, and, as I have already stated, I am willing to lynch the "cleared" scumminess because of this possibility.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by iLord »

SlySly wrote:You are assuming there is only 1 ZL. At least one cult game I played in started with 2 CLs and 2 Cult Goons. I really doubt there is only one ZL in this game especially since the Sample PM clearly states Zombie Lords. I doubt it started with goons though because I think the same PM would state the win condition as being when the cult was eliminated. I could be wrong about that, though. There could be up to 6 cult right now with this thinking, 2 ZLs, 2 goons, and 2 recruits.
My running theory is that there's probably two Zombie Lords with one shared recruit. Two recruits a night would make it almost impossible for the town to race (1 recruit a night is already borderline impossible, which is why farside probably made PR's unrecruitable).
SlySly wrote:Wasn't it you that was saying he was only refusing to answer to prevent incriminating himself? Again, I am paraphrasing.
That's true. As I explained, I don't believe that this was necessarily indicative of scum for Tate personally. He was avoiding answer my questions because he was afraid I was going to draw scumtells from them. Especially the way tate explained it, this worry easily be expressed from either alignment: either he's scum who's worried about getting caught behaviorally or townie afraid of getting attacked because of his response.

Tate's pride and tenacity are paramount here when you consider how he would've acted in this situation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Taking over for Diamond welcome SpyreX
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm currently reading this to catchup. After looking back at the last couple pages I have to ask - am I wasting my time?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

SpyreX: I'd be happy to recap for you if you'd like. I too am of the opinion that the last few pages have been a waste of time.

iLord: I interpreted your post as saying you've played with SlySly before. Is that accurate? Does he usually act like this?

Also, for clarification: Are you saying you believe 2 ZL's on the same team, or 2 ZL's on different teams that alternate recruits?
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm ACTUALLY going to reread this. I started and am finding little nuggets already so I'll have some kinda powerbomb catchup post in the future times.

So, don't recap I dont want to cloud this read. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Suit yourself.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Unvote: CMAR, Vote: Animorpherv

I Iso'd him. It feels like he's being cautious, and he first my earlier criteria of "didn't think the Yos wagon was going anywhere."

For the record, I'd still rather lynch CoolDog, and I'm about equally willing to lynch CMAR.

Now all I can do is wait for someone other than me and Sly to grow an opinion.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote: My running theory is that there's probably two Zombie Lords with one shared recruit. Two recruits a night would make it almost impossible for the town to race (1 recruit a night is already borderline impossible, which is why farside probably made PR's unrecruitable).
Maybe, in Cultafia, there were 2 seperate cults.
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:Wasn't it you that was saying he was only refusing to answer to prevent incriminating himself? Again, I am paraphrasing.
That's true. As I explained, I don't believe that this was necessarily indicative of scum for Tate personally. He was avoiding answer my questions because he was afraid I was going to draw scumtells from them. Especially the way tate explained it, this worry easily be expressed from either alignment: either he's scum who's worried about getting caught behaviorally or townie afraid of getting attacked because of his response.

Tate's pride and tenacity are paramount here when you consider how he would've acted in this situation.
Tate's pride and tenacity is what makes me think it is more likely he was caught scum and replaced out. We saw this in Big Brother 2.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by SlySly »

Pie_is_good wrote:SpyreX: I'd be happy to recap for you if you'd like. I too am of the opinion that the last few pages have been a waste of time.
Way to try and put words in SpyreX's mouth. This is not even close to what he said.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its totally what I meant though and his ability to parse that isn't really putting words in my mouth. I glanced back at the last couple of pages and went "welp, if its all like this then not reading it."

I'm making PROGRESS but lord the slog.
Show

Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SpyreX - the main issue right now revolves around my claim versus evilsnail's claim. But if you're doing a full catchup, you'll come to it eventually.
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm just getting there.

I'm not amused.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by SlySly »

So, SpyreX, you think it is a good idea for us to out our vig(s) and have them NKd by the cult?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, caught up.

General Notes:

I would have totally been all over both Manho and McG. Thats a rarity for two town lynches to go through that I would have been A++ ok with. Manho only showed a little bit of eye raising towards the end that would have made me question it. But, no sad there.

How in the blue heavens has wolf not got some more heat? If not for Reck-Snail 2010 I'd be pushing that real, real hard. For a lot of reasons. In fact, I still may push that way but I'll get to the why I'm for dealing with this Reck situation NOW versus waiting in a bit.

iLord's prescience confuses me. A lot. I'm really, REALLY not sure what the hell to make of that whole scenario. It double confused me when the next day he downplayed it but.

BV needs to take a bullet real hard. Or a rope.

The mass exodus to tate at 835-839 can't be all town. It just makes the mind blow - DOUBLY so when so many vanished when pie jumped in before he said anything. (Oddin, Animo, iLord, CMAR, BV)

The GOOD STUFF

This is my favorite part!

Pie, Elvis, ABR - Town* for sho'
ODDin, Anim - Town* if BV is scum. Otherwise it gets a little itchy.

*Town is an issue because we have a cult in this game. Which leads me to:

Current Events

Note: I haven't looked at the signup thread. I haven't really read in-depth the op. If I'm missing something integral let me know sooner versus later.

While, normally, I totally dig ABR's stance about this there's a big issue: we are dealing with a cult. Which, from the looks of things we'd have to strike off at the head.

That said: There are Zombie Lords. Plural.

For balance sake I have to operate under two. (If there is three then there can't be any other anti-town factions of not).

So, there are two scenarios:

1.) There are two Zombie Lords as a unified group.
2.) There are two separate Zombie Lords doing stuff.

#1 is awesome and what I'm hoping for.
#2 means that we're looking at a spread of recruits.

However, before I digress too far:

If evilsnail is telling the truth about N1 then Reck isn't just a zombie, but has to be a zombie lord.

While I absolutely don't like the way the claim went out and the weirdness of snipin' time this is enough to roll on. If there are two groups that eliminates one entirely and if just a singular entity then that REALLY increases the chances for victory.

That alone is enough for me to slap on the reck vote. Risk/Reward

Vote: Reck
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, SpyreX, you think it is a good idea for us to out our vig(s) and have them NKd by the cult?
Versus more recruits? Every time. No questions.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by SlySly »

I didn't say vs. recruits.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

SlySly wrote:I didn't say vs. recruits.
I did.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Spyrex, can you answer post 1617 for me please?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Pie_is_good wrote:
SlySly wrote:I didn't say vs. recruits.
I did.
He wasn't answering your question.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Every PR that dies is one less recruit.

So, yea, its versus recruits.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by SlySly »

Way to avoid my question. Spyrex is another lynch I am ok with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Town points? He was far more vocal than most of the hand-wringing I'm used to from scum avoiding the mislynches.

Or ???.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

HURF
I see no active reason right now to out our very, very hypothetical vigs.

However, if it were to happen I'd be fine with it because killing the vig means not getting a recruit so if you really need an answer to this question then yes. By all means.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”