jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Charlie wrote:
Furry post #576 wrote:If you want to expand this to another tier we have a quoted PM. If he is scum and it was a fakeclaim, scum just burned one. In some games scum will get fewer then members of the team, so they would have just burned one.
If we work along the same line of this logic, a mass name claim would be beneficial to town, as there is a chance that scum would have to fabricate a claim.
Not an easy task I assure you.

But you're opposed to a mass nameclaim, hm?

On a slightly related note, did anyone notice the completed Portal Mafia game next door? The 3 scum (cores) were all given the same safeclaim (cubes). That's hilarious! But then again it is also sad. But then again it's hilarious!

Regarding jmj3000's claim, I don't trust that racecar driver. He might be infected!
Charlie, how do you know it's hard to fabricate a fake claim? Been trying to do it for yourself? If you're town, there is no need to try and fabricate a claim, so there should be no reason for you to know how hard it is. So Charlie, why do you know how hard or easy it is to fabricate a claim hmm?

unvote, Vote: Charlie

Let's hear some answers.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Furry »

Charlie wrote:
Furry post #576 wrote:If you want to expand this to another tier we have a quoted PM. If he is scum and it was a fakeclaim, scum just burned one. In some games scum will get fewer then members of the team, so they would have just burned one.
If we work along the same line of this logic, a mass name claim would be beneficial to town, as there is a chance that scum would have to fabricate a claim. Not an easy task I assure you.
Given the quoting thing yes, I agree. Apart from that someone who is good at playing scum knows what to claim four out of five times.
But you're opposed to a mass nameclaim, hm?
Yep
On a slightly related note, did anyone notice the completed Portal Mafia game next door? The 3 scum (cores) were all given the same safeclaim (cubes). That's hilarious! But then again it is also sad. But then again it's hilarious!
Well what they were supposed to do what have one use the claim and the others claim VT... but whatever. You notice that the sample has no name, just survivor. Scum at very least (I would bet more) have safeclaims.
Regarding jmj3000's claim, I don't trust that racecar driver. He might be infected!
Sorry, jmj is town. I can not stress how serious I am about this enough. I would only rather not lynch about five players more.
Temporary unretired alt
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Charlie »

@jmj3000:Oh that's an easy one!

Because in L4D and L4D2, there are only so many characters to create flavour from. Glork mentioned it, do you need me to dig up the post? He said something like 15 characters and 2-3 vague ones. I confirm this! (as an L4D2 player)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Charlie »

DocPotter wrote:On the subject, Little Golden Book Mafia had both scum identified by two different players based on the mass claim ... and that was with a mod provided safe claim.
I laughed out loud when I was done reading that thread. Especially at the google search part, when people were researching characters.

Anyway, I can now see quite clearly the town benefits of a mass name claim. Can someone (not necessarily Furry) please point out to me what are the possible disadvantages?
Furry wrote:Well what they were supposed to do what have one use the claim and the others claim VT... but whatever. You notice that the sample has no name, just survivor. Scum at very least (I would bet more) have safeclaims.
Hey, you're wrong. First part is not applicable (due to setup).
The sample on post 1 did have a "role name (in bold), Survivor (in green) there. Anyhoo, I'm saying that we can use knowledge of the theme to town's advantage. Theme games go by "knowledge of the theme is not necessary, but may be useful", am I correct?
Furry wrote:Sorry, jmj is town. I can not stress how serious I am about this enough. I would only rather not lynch about five players more.
I'm considering. That's why I'm not voting.

If people are generally opposed to the idea of thematic discussion, then I'll stop.
Mod: Are there any problems with discussing completed games? I hope not :)
Kindness
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

If we have power roles in addition to the items, then a mass name claim would probably lead the scum to them. That's the only possible disadvantage I can think of.

Discussing completed games is just dandy.

Furry, based on the game so far, I would totally expect scum to claim townie.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by Starbuck »

What would you expect scum to claim? Scum? I mean seriously.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 am

Post by almightybob »

DocPotter, bv claimed he got the Boomer Bile. Both myself and DN have said that we did not get it. You are the only person who can counterclaim him now. Do you wish to do so?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 am

Post by almightybob »

Furry wrote:Why arent you voting jmj? You havent answered this yet
Why, do you want me to vote for him?

I'm not currently voting for him because:
1) I'm waiting to see if DocPotter counterclaims bv for the Bile or not before I move my vote anywhere
2) I'm waiting for you to satisfactorily answer the following question (this will be the third time of me asking you):
almightybob, post 579, wrote: Also, the part I mostly wanted an answer to was
almightybob, post 574, wrote: Please point to some aspect of his play that you feel is pro-Town. Because as far as I can see, all he's done is stall all game and then regurgitate arguments made by other people.
If you can demonstrate to me why you think he's Town, I
might
not vote for him. OTOH, deadline is tomorrow so I might vote him anyway.

Glork wrote:Now I know I said the scums very likely have fakeclaims, but my gut just says that the claim rings true. I have no "reasoning" behind it.
I'm sure you can imagine why I wouldn't be impressed by that. You were voting him before his claim, so presumably you thought he was scum then. There's nothing in the claim that would make me change my mind.

Also,
@Mod: Please note I will be V/LA from 2nd - 7th April, going skiiing :D
. I may be able to get online maybe once or twice during this time, but it's unlikely.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 am

Post by dramonic »

Possible disadvantage being the deadline is hella close and we'll probably end up with a NL if we dont do something soon.

I'm still skeptical about the jmj claim.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

KISE & RECK'S UNIVERSAL LAWS wrote:2.
DAY PHASE
: Vote, and shit. There will be a universal deadline of 3 weeks for every phase.
Mods: What happens if we don't meet the lynch quota? Does that person get lynched or is it a no lynch?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 am

Post by jmj3000 »

I won't be able to do much until around 3 EST this afternoon due to classes starting up today, but I will try to check in.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 am

Post by almightybob »

Starbuck:
KISE & RECK's UNIVERSAL LAWS wrote: 1.
VOTING:
[...] If no one reaches the needed votes for a lynch by the time of deadline, there will be no lynch at all that day.
I'm a townie! Honest!

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

The AI Director wrote:Ifrinn has not picked up prod, and will be replaced if 2nd prod is not answered to. Votecount to come later.
If that's the case, can we get a deadline extension if/when we get a replacement.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

Thanks Bob. I guess I just can't read.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Glork »

almightybob wrote:
Glork wrote:Now I know I said the scums very likely have fakeclaims, but my gut just says that the claim rings true. I have no "reasoning" behind it.
I'm sure you can imagine why I wouldn't be impressed by that. You were voting him before his claim, so presumably you thought he was scum then. There's nothing in the claim that would make me change my mind.
To be completely frank, I couldn't give a flying fuck if you're impressed or not. I changed my mind. If that makes me scummy to you, well I guess I'll just have to bear that cross myself. But just between you and me, I think I just *might* pull through.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ifrinn
Ifrinn
Townie
Ifrinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Ifrinn »

Sorry. I recieved a prod via my main account. This game had previously floated to the back of my mind. Many apologies. If someone would like to catch me up that would be terrific but i will be rereading myself regardless. Immediately. We're talking in the next 6-8hours.

Also. Since my other half has not yet shown (?) I will be taking full control until he returns and gives his input this includes voting, voicing my own opinion, taking firm stances etc. And then he and you can punish me outrightly if needs be.

Sorry again to both players and the moderator. If anyone feels it would be more beneficial were i to replace out. I could do that also.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Starbuck »

Who is supposed to make up the Ifrinn hydra?
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 am

Post by almightybob »

Does anyone have meta knowledge of whether Glork reacting like a dickhead is a Town, scum or nulltell for him?
I'm a townie! Honest!

The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 am

Post by The AI Director »

Regarding all the questions:

- Yes, completed games may be discussed. Of course.

- READ THE RULES STARBUCK! GOSH! <3

- Since Ifrinn is not getting replaced,
deadline is still in three hours
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:31 am

Post by almightybob »

The AI Director wrote:- Since Ifrinn is not getting replaced,
deadline is still in three hours

Unvote, vote: jmj3000
I'm a townie! Honest!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Glork »

The AI Director wrote:
Deadline: April 1st at 7:00PM.
The AI Director wrote:PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: 32
Don't you mean 27 hours?

Also, me being snarky is a nulltell, though I expect you'll want to hear that from somebody else.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Glork »

Also, I royally fucked up quoting the mod there... but you get the idea.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:06 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Glork wrote:
The AI Director wrote:
The AI Director wrote:PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: 32
Don't you mean 27 hours?

Also, me being snarky is a nulltell, though I expect you'll want to hear that from somebody else.
My experience of playing with Glork before has been filled with Snark. I'm pretty sure I've played with him as town and scum, too.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Screw it - anybody else up for trying to run Amished to lynch threshold in >24 hours? I'll switch back to jmj if I need to for lynch, but right now I'd rather trust my gut. Would consider a Socrates vote if not for extenuating circumstances.

Vote: Amished
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Wait, forgot something.