Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jasper option wasn't there because he ninja'd me (I have a tenendcy to write a line a post and then do other things before I finish it). It would have been if I saw it.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jasper
Jasper
Goon
Jasper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Jasper »

I don't have time to do the ISOs today, I work. But I thought you were dolling out bacon, which in turn seems to be a lie.

*pouts*

Besides, you want votes on the Cirdua wagon... and when you get them you complain about people coming on the wagon.

*scratches head and walks away to grab food before work*
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Either I am really cranky after my nap or Jasper basically just outted himself as scum by hopping on the Cirdua for no reason other than it was the cool thing to do.

Do you have any actual reason to be voting her at this point?

I'd also like a little more info surrounding the DRK vote.

Also Cirdua, did you just say you were going to intentionally lurk before your V/LA? (Post 166)
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 am

Post by d3x »

Ok, so I just reread the thread and am not liking Cirdua, but the run up of Votes on the last page concerns me greatly. I'm holding tight to my Lacey Vote because I found more reasons to not like her this game.
In p131, Lacey wrote:Can someone explain to me what is going on with Alexithymia and Haylen?
I have a hard time buying this as there were multiple references to Alex and Haylen being the same person in the posts immediately after the slip. Also, this has little actual relevance. It's like you're adding in filler like this to make it look like you're contributing.
I was leaning town as d3x seemed to step up and post some content. I'm not seeing much since then, however.
You are aware that Scum can post content as well as Town, right? If your only reason to think I'm Town is that I've posted a few times with content, then you're either
very
naive or Scum.
We get a lot of jabber about play style, then some really slimy posts about your "s" key being broken, when 8 minutes prior you had been posting with "s" just fine.
Can you translate this into a ScumTell for me, please? Otherwise, it's just more worthless filler.
I don't completely agree with the lynch yet, as I still want to hear more from jeromus in particular.
Did jeromus say something to change your mind? Did Cirdua? I would like some more info on your switch because it just reads fake and forced to me.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Lacey »

d3x wrote:I have a hard time buying this as there were multiple references to Alex and Haylen being the same person in the posts immediately after the slip. Also, this has little actual relevance. It's like you're adding in filler like this to make it look like you're contributing.
Go back and look at the case I assembled on jeromus, then look at the secondary case (to add to the exisiting one) I assembled on Cirdua, then tell me I'm not contributing. I thought multis were illegal so I was trying to softly ask if we had a problem developing, because it seemed to me we might.
d3x wrote:You are aware that Scum can post content as well as Town, right? If your only reason to think I'm Town is that I've posted a few times with content, then you're either
very
naive or Scum.
You're posting more useful content than most other players and seem to be trying to scum hunt, although I believe you are guilty of tunneling. This is more than I can say for jeromus, cirdua, jasper, col cathart, alexithymia, and jason. You can't all be scum, so while you've been lurking to some degree, I like that you seem to be making an effort.
d3x wrote:
We get a lot of jabber about play style, then some really slimy posts about your "s" key being broken, when 8 minutes prior you had been posting with "s" just fine.
Can you translate this into a ScumTell for me, please? Otherwise, it's just more worthless filler.
File it under active lurking + gut. I don't like the sudden "Oh I lost a key, and now I'm going to emphasize it!", I don't know how to classify it other than it feels like a charade, and town shouldn't play that way.
d3x wrote:
I don't completely agree with the lynch yet, as I still want to hear more from jeromus in particular.
Did jeromus say something to change your mind? Did Cirdua? I would like some more info on your switch because it just reads fake and forced to me.
Neither did, which is why I said:
Lacey wrote:Fair enough.
Though this vote is subject to change depending on responses from Cirdua/jeromus. I'd also like you and VP Baltar to reconsider the jeromus lynch as my gut has him as scummier than Cirdua.
Honestly the only reason I like jeromus more for scum than Cirdua was gut. Town doesn't seem to like my case on jeromus, which bothers me a bit, but it looks clear we aren't going to get consensus on this. Cirdua looks scummy too, and a good bandwagon is important to draw out scum. Take jasper for instance, whose vote without any reasoning followed with appeasement and AtE begins to form a decent case on him.

I still feel better about jeromus than Cirdua, but consensus is important and my primary case on jeromus can admittedly be made just as strongly on Cirdua.
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Lacey »

Quick note. I'll be V/LA till sometime tomorrow evening. I may have access tonight at the airports, unless they charge for WiFi.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Lacey »

jasonT1981 wrote:Just checking in, will have my thoughts up tomorrow afternoon
It's a full day later than you said you would have your thoughts up. Please weigh in on the current situation.
Alexithymia
Alexithymia
Goon
Alexithymia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Alexithymia »

Bad computer. Bad battery.
~Haylex~
'I want Alex to die a horrible painful lynch' - Spongey_Spork
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oh, now we have to have reasons for our votes? Fineeeee.

I asked Cirdua for his top 3 picks for scum. Instead, he basically gave a PBPA of Lacey, most of which is blatant IIoA and much of which was more or less repeated from what others said. He also didn't vote for Lacey, despite implicitly claiming her as his top suspect. (I just checked and he hasn't actually voted yet this game.)

@Lacey
Why are you so willing to give up on your top suspect just to go with the general concensus?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 177 wrote:
Either I am really cranky after my nap
or Jasper basically just outted himself as scum by hopping on the Cirdua for no reason other than it was the cool thing to do.
Jasper outed himself as scum with his flippant response in 173. Either that or he outed himself as a Debonair Danny DiPietro alt. But either one of those would be fine by me.

Also, :lol: at the bolded after you got done calling me old.~ It's amazing how by site standard we're middle-aged.
Jasper 176 wrote:Besides, you want votes on the Cirdua wagon... and when you get them you complain about people coming on the wagon.
Nonono, I'm not complaining at all. By all means keep bussing your partner; let me and VP talk in another room or something.

Also, I'm partial to the name "Jasper" for some reason. It's a unique name for a mineral. [/offtopic]
DRK 183 wrote:I asked Cirdua for his top 3 picks for scum. Instead, he basically gave a PBPA of Lacey, most of which is blatant IIoA and much of which was more or less repeated from what others said. He also didn't vote for Lacey, despite implicitly claiming her as his top suspect. (I just checked and he hasn't actually voted yet this game.)
How did that bump him over Lacey and jeromus?
d3x 178 wrote:Ok, so I just reread the thread and am not liking Cirdua, but the run up of Votes on the last page concerns me greatly.
Why?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

6th vote count of day 1:

Cirdua - 5 (Vi, VP Baltar, Lacey, DeathRowKitty, Jasper)
Jasper - 2 (Alexithymia, Sotty7)
Lacey - 1 (d3x)
Alexithymia - 1 (Col.Cathart)
Sotty7 - 1 (Jeromus)

Not voting (Cirdua, JasonT1981)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

DL is April 16 at 1pm CST.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by d3x »

@Vi- Why I don't like Cirdua or why I'm concerned over the huge influx of Votes?

GTKAS - d3x
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Lacey »

First off, hooray for airport wifi during an onerous layover.
Vi wrote:Also, Laughing at the bolded after you got done calling me old.~ It's amazing how by site standard we're middle-aged.
What is middle-aged by site standards? I have the sinking suspicion I'd be considered an old spinster.
DeathRowKitty wrote: @Lacey
Why are you so willing to give up on your top suspect just to go with the general concensus?
A fair question. Because I've been trying for days, and several pages to get a lynch going on jeromus and it just isn't going to happen right now. But I am not giving up yet. I plan to revisit this when jeromus posts more, or after we make a lynch today.

General question to everyone, but with specific interest in Vi and VP Baltar (whom I see as the leaders of the Cirdua bandwagon).

I think we all agree on the scummyness of the latest few jasper posts. What are your feelings on the benefits of lynching Cirdua over jasper, or vice versa?
Cirdua
Cirdua
Goon
Cirdua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Cirdua »

Sotty7 wrote:Also Cirdua, did you just say you were going to intentionally lurk before your V/LA? (Post 166)
No, I didn't say any such thing:
Cirdua wrote:[1]Oh, and I'll be V/LA next week (going to Spain) [2]But seeing as how some people are really desperate to get me lynched as soon as possible (Vi and Lacey), [3]I might not make it 'till the end of the week.
[1]: I announce I'll be V/LA
[2]: I state the obvious by saying that some people want to see me dead
[3]: I say I'm likely to be lynched before I'm V/LA
I never said I was going to lurk before the V/LA
AurorusVox: About Cirdua [...] when she comes back [...]
Cirdua: That's
he
, thank you.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Vi »

d3x 186 wrote:@Vi- Why I don't like Cirdua or why I'm concerned over the huge influx of Votes?
The latter.
Lacey 187 wrote:What is middle-aged by site standards? I have the sinking suspicion I'd be considered an old spinster.
Well, me and Sotty appear to be in our 20s... The "old people" invitational seems to have a cutoff age of 30...

I still have the feeling that I'm too old to be on the Internet this much, but enough about me >.>
Lacey 187 wrote:I think we all agree on the scummyness of the latest few jasper posts. What are your feelings on the benefits of lynching Cirdua over jasper, or vice versa?
Jasper's vote is likely to be scum-motivated, but more so if it turns out to be a bus. We won't know that until we lynch Cirdua. Plus, assuming the worst-of-the-worst-case scenario that both of them are Town, I think we would lose less by lynching Cirdua.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

got my prod sorry. Had power outages since beginning of the week and unable to read the game.

thoughts coming soon
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Sotty7 »

d3x Post 178 wrote:Ok, so I just reread the thread and am not liking Cirdua, but the run up of Votes on the last page concerns me greatly. I'm holding tight to my Lacey Vote because I found more reasons to not like her this game.
Which votes in particular do you not like and why?
Vi Post 184 wrote:Also, :lol: at the bolded after you got done calling me old.~ It's amazing how by site standard we're middle-aged.
Middle aged... ugh. Does it get me any street cred back to say I was only napping because I'm poorly not because I'm old. No? Worth a try.

As for Jasper his attitude towards you is becoming stranger and stranger. I really want to see those ISO's from him or any content really. I'm not feeling townJasper, I'm feeling braggy/gloating scumJasper. Vote is staying.
Lacey Post 187 wrote:I think we all agree on the scummyness of the latest few jasper posts. What are your feelings on the benefits of lynching Cirdua over jasper, or vice versa?
Right now Jasper is scummier to me than Cirdua probably because I am more familiar with Jasper having played lots of games with him. I could certainly lynch Cirdua today, he has done nothing helpful so far.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:37 am

Post by d3x »

@Lacey
then tell me I'm not contributing.
Forgive me, I meant to say that "It's like you're adding in filler like this to make it look like you're contributing
more than you actually are
." This is only reinforced by the most recent age discussion. And don't worry, Vi's inclusion in yet another off-topic discussion hasn't escaped my eye either. The difference between the two is that Vi made a random off-topic comment and you proceeded to encourage the discussion with followup questions.
I believe you are guilty of tunneling.
I'll make you a deal. If you flip Town, I'll stop coming after you. ;)

Seriously though, I find your continued play very scummy, hence my continued Vote. You keep giving me new and exciting reasons to really want your Lynch.
Lacey wrote:Neither did, which is why I said:
Lacey wrote:Fair enough.
Though this vote is subject to change depending on responses from Cirdua/jeromus. I'd also like you and VP Baltar to reconsider the jeromus lynch as my gut has him as scummier than Cirdua.
Right, which is virtually the same as what you said in p131.
My thoughts on the current Cirdua lynch:

p131-I don't agree with the Lynch, I'm not moving until I hear from jeromus.
~According to you in p179, neither influenced you with their intervening posts~
p163-Vote-swap I'm still waiting to hear from them to make up my mind.

So I'm reading that neither made posts that influenced your decision but both
did
post. Both even replied directly to you and you didn't followup with any questions, so I'm confused. What are you waiting to hear exactly?
Town doesn't seem to like my case on jeromus, which bothers me a bit
Statements like this actually bother me more than a bit. I'm not saying that it's the case, but what if the Cirdua case is being pushed predominantly by Scum? You've said yourself that the lurkers can't all be Scum, what if none of them are? Again, I'm not saying that I believe this, but saying things like 'Town doesn't like my case' is very unsettling because it looks like a slip to me and it's really weak considering what I have said above.

--------------------

@Vi
Well, it always concerns me greatly when a wagon goes up so fast, especially when the Votes are coming in with no solid reasons.

Example-
8 posts=3 Votes
Lacey {L-4}
Reason- I could Vote either this guy or the other guy
DRK {L-3}
Reason- His last post is scummy
Jasper {L-2}
Reason- Jasper <3 Bacon

I would consider all of these Votes suspect.

-------------------

Meh. I got sidetracked with work. If there's more, I'll write it later.

-------------------

Preview Edit-

@Sotty- I specifically don't like Jasper's or Lacey's Votes. Reasons are listed above.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:Either I am really cranky after my nap or Jasper basically just outted himself as scum by hopping on the Cirdua for no reason other than it was the cool thing to do.
So you would say his vote is the scummiest out of the three?
d3x wrote:I have a hard time buying this as there were multiple references to Alex and Haylen being the same person in the posts immediately after the slip. Also, this has little actual relevance. It's like you're adding in filler like this to make it look like you're contributing.
This is a ridiculous point to be making. It was clear that Lacey did not understand how alts are viewed on this site and wanted someone to clue her in. It's a legitimate question if you don't know and I think it was fine for her to ask. You're really digging so you don't have to move your vote.

Revised scum team: Cirdua, d3x, Col. Cathart
Vi wrote:Either that or he outed himself as a Debonair Danny DiPietro alt. But either one of those would be fine by me.
Jasper, comment? I started a nice list of alts I know recently, care to add to it? :D
Lacey wrote:I think we all agree on the scummyness of the latest few jasper posts. What are your feelings on the benefits of lynching Cirdua over jasper, or vice versa?
While I don't like the posts in question particularly, see my above scum list. I'm not too interested in lynching Jasper at the moment. One a day, remember.
Vi wrote:I still have the feeling that I'm too old to be on the Internet this much, but enough about me >.>
What was the term again? Ah yes, "weirdo teenage perverts". Stop making everyone feel like geezers!
Sotty wrote:Right now Jasper is scummier to me than Cirdua probably because I am more familiar with Jasper having played lots of games with him.
I'd probably be interested in seeing some links if you could provide them. Might make me change my mind about him.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Vi »

d3x 192 wrote:@Lacey
then tell me I'm not contributing.
Forgive me, I meant to say that "It's like you're adding in filler like this to make it look like you're contributing
more than you actually are
." This is only reinforced by the most recent age discussion. And don't worry, Vi's inclusion in yet another off-topic discussion hasn't escaped my eye either. The difference between the two is that Vi made a random off-topic comment and you proceeded to encourage the discussion with followup questions.
VP Baltar 193 wrote:Ah yes, "weirdo teenage perverts".
Maladjusted
teenage weirdo perverts. I'm honestly surprised I don't trip the "weirdo" label though.
d3x 192 wrote:I'm not saying that it's the case, but what if the Cirdua case is being pushed predominantly by Scum?
:lol:
You're not saying it's the case, and you're not at all prepared to argue it, but what if it could be used as an weapon against Lacey?

Where is Col.Cat anyway?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by d3x »

I may have missed out on the bacon, but the Foghat makes up for it, imo.
You're not saying it's the case, and you're not at all prepared to argue it, but what if it could be used as an weapon against Lacey?
Less that and more that her position looks like appeasement. It's an illustration as to why this bothers me.

GTKAS - d3x
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Vi »

d3x 195 wrote:
Less that and more that her position looks like appeasement. It's an illustration as to why this bothers me.
I certainly won't deny that vote was appeasement. Is that necessarily scummy? I
did
ask for her to change over, after all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Vi »

This thread needs more notHaylen.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by d3x »

Is that necessarily scummy?
Combined with the rest of my case? Imo, yes.

GTKAS - d3x
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Lacey »

@d3x: If someone can't tell the difference between game related content, and chatting between some of the active players, then I question their logical abilities, and usefulness in a game like mafia.

In the end, this is a game, and just like when I play Diplomacy or risk, I have more fun when other players are friendly and chatty. So while you might not like it, I'll continue to assume everyone else can ignore the chatty fun we're having if they feel so inclined.
Vi wrote:Well, me and Sotty appear to be in our 20s... The "old people" invitational seems to have a cutoff age of 30...
That's what I was afraid of. I'm almost two years beyond the cutoff myself :(
Jasper's vote is likely to be scum-motivated, but more so if it turns out to be a bus. We won't know that until we lynch Cirdua. Plus, assuming the worst-of-the-worst-case scenario that both of them are Town, I think we would lose less by lynching Cirdua.
Is your implication here that you believe if Cirdua flips town, jasper is likely to also be town?
sotty7 wrote:Right now Jasper is scummier to me than Cirdua probably because I am more familiar with Jasper having played lots of games with him. I could certainly lynch Cirdua today, he has done nothing helpful so far.
You say you are more familiar with Jasper, and consider him scummier. Would you like to lay out a more indepth case on Jasper?

In regards to your comment on Cirdua, this sounds like it would be a policy lynch for you. Would you agree with that assessment. Could you comment on why you would be willing to take a policy lynch over your main scum candidate?
d3x wrote:So I'm reading that neither made posts that influenced your decision but both did post. Both even replied directly to you and you didn't followup with any questions, so I'm confused. What are you waiting to hear exactly?
I'm waiting to hear something that could potentially change my mind. Forgive me if I don't spell out to the potential scum precisely what I want to hear. But in general terms I am looking to enhance my read on them, and the other players who are taking sides in this and other cases.
d3x wrote:Statements like this actually bother me more than a bit. I'm not saying that it's the case, but what if the Cirdua case is being pushed predominantly by Scum? You've said yourself that the lurkers can't all be Scum, what if none of them are? Again, I'm not saying that I believe this, but saying things like 'Town doesn't like my case' is very unsettling because it looks like a slip to me and it's really weak considering what I have said above.
Reread Vi and VP Baltar. They are town. And I'm not just on the Cirdua lynch because folks I think are town are, but because Cirdua has set off roughly the same warning buzzers as jeromus.

And really, what has Cirdua given us since the wagon started? Things like his latest post:
Cirdua wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Also Cirdua, did you just say you were going to intentionally lurk before your V/LA? (Post 166)
No, I didn't say any such thing:
Cirdua wrote:[1]Oh, and I'll be V/LA next week (going to Spain) [2]But seeing as how some people are really desperate to get me lynched as soon as possible (Vi and Lacey), [3]I might not make it 'till the end of the week.
[1]: I announce I'll be V/LA
[2]: I state the obvious by saying that some people want to see me dead
[3]: I say I'm likely to be lynched before I'm V/LA
I never said I was going to lurk before the V/LA
Cirdua isn't scum hunting. Cirdua isn't reading other players. Cirdua is just offering scummy apologies. Cirdua looks better and better as time goes on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”