Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 am

Post by DeathNote »

What other reaction can you be wanting from me? I didn't delay crypto claiming, the person I replaced did. I just didn't understand how to do it so I got my brother to do it for me.

I am still disturbed about being chosen to be fake killed.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

May I please point out that by lynching this Sham account, you could be lynching UK whom is a tree stump. If she is maf, that would make sense for the sham account not to claim and allow himself/herself to be lynched.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Fishythefish »

DeathNote wrote:May I please point out that by lynching this Sham account, you could be lynching UK whom is a tree stump. If she is maf, that would make sense for the sham account not to claim and allow himself/herself to be lynched.
This is a really good point.

Right now, we have 2h 15m until deadline. We need 6 for a lynch. We have 5 on HMN, and 2 on CML, who I consider the only other viable lynch candidate.

I can guarantee I will be on shortly before deadline. I will switch to CML if that lynch is an option. So we need three more. Hoopla, you in? DeathNote?

HMN is much better than a no lynch, but CML is better still if we can make it. I've given some good reasons why he's likely scum.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 am

Post by DeathNote »

unvote

Vote: CML

I would prefer not lynching a sham account that no one has claimed. The only reason I can see that HMN would not claim his real account is that he is not afraid of being lynched.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

DeathNote wrote:May I please point out that by lynching this Sham account, you could be lynching UK whom is a tree stump. If she is maf, that would make sense for the sham account not to claim and allow himself/herself to be lynched.
I fail to see how this would be a bad result though, as there would be zero town motivation to do that as a treestump. If we lynched Hate_Me_Not, I'd be 90%+ sold that Fishy was town out of the two of them.

I'm open to switching to CML, who was my initial preference, but it seems risky to abandon votes on HMN unless we get a few people agreeing really soon so we aren't cutting it too fine.

Also, CML's claim seems way more beneficial for scum than town, and seems like the sort of role that could go both ways. The eagerness to claim to deflate his wagon on L-3 seemed like a cheap way to steer attention off himself. I think claiming early when becoming a viable lynch is generally a fairly reliable scum tell.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 am

Post by DeathNote »

Hoopla wrote:
I fail to see how this would be a bad result though, as there would be zero town motivation to do that as a treestump. If we lynched Hate_Me_Not, I'd be 90%+ sold that Fishy was town out of the two of them.
That is my point. If UK is scum and is a tree stump, then using the sham account would get him lynched and force us to NL. There is plenty scum motivation, especially for a person who is tree stumped.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Hmmm.

My instinct is that a lynch on a treestump is a wasted lynch. However, I suppose it would confirm me as town, and I do like being confirmed town, if only very briefly. It would help with wagon analysis tomorrow to know the answers in UK/Bananas.

I think I still prefer CML as a lynch, if we can get the numbers (still need 1 more other than Hoopla and me).

A reminder: I'm macho. No doctors, jailkeepers, watchers, bodyguards, etc. welcome.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Hoopla »

DeathNote wrote:What other reaction can you be wanting from me? I didn't delay crypto claiming, the person I replaced did. I just didn't understand how to do it so I got my brother to do it for me.

I am still disturbed about being chosen to be fake killed.
I would have loved to have seen what you would have said before it was outed. And I would still love to see quoted interactions with zoraster about what you said to him. Post them now?

Catching you going 'bah, go scum' was a longshot, maybe a 1/40, for it meant you needed to have that exact role, and then be bothered posting an incriminating bah post. But the value of seeing a solid town reaction from you was important to me, because your slot has been difficult to read so far. I wasn't looking for specific tells X, Y and Z, as I had no idea what you would have said - but I think putting scum/town in unfamiliar territory is often the most revealing time, due to an inability to predict outcomes of their actions and what will happen next. It gives a better chance for pure motives to shine through, as opposed to the routine back and forths some Day 1's can be like, that most adequate scum players can handle quite easily due to familiarity, which clouds genuine actions.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

Fishythefish wrote: A reminder: I'm macho. No doctors, jailkeepers, watchers, bodyguards, etc. welcome.
Initially I was going to say, getting a no-lynch Day 1 is not worth creating a confirmed townie out of it, but I had forgotten the above point.

Scanning through the list of players, we have a few voting for HMN, a few that have questioned his methods, and one or two that are inactive for this time-frame. I'm having a hard time seeing HMN as anyone other than UK.

The other possibility is HMN is otherscum trying to put suspicion onto the gambit, and this is reason why that sham account hasn't claimed. But again, this is unlikely compared to UK being HMN.

~~

As such;

Unvote, vote: CallMeLiam
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Fishythefish »

OK.

unvote, vote: CML

L-1. Next person on hammers.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 am

Post by xvart »

Arghh... I hate this last minute scrambling shit. In all honesty, I could care less if it is UK posting under that sham; Fishy would be for all practical purposes confirmed as town and that would give us an additional town voting member instead of another non-voting warm body. It would also eliminate a scum member that can say and do anything she wants with no retribution and no fear of bussing/not bussing.
CallMeLiam wrote:Fandango is my key, I haven't used the ability yet. Anyone want me to?
You had better use your ability tonight if you are not lynched.

xvart.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@xvart: I'd die tonight. So we would be trading our lynch for a scum kill.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: I think we could also tell a lot from the wagon since scum wouldn't know who it is either, and would therefore be hesitant enough to vote for the sham.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 am

Post by xvart »

Okay then.

Unvote
Vote: CallMeLiam

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 am

Post by DeathNote »

zoraster wrote:
DeathNote wrote:I was maf?
Nope.
zoraster wrote:
DeathNote wrote:But, I am dead? This is going to be fun to watch... :D
You might consider the nature of this game as to whether you are actually dead or not and whether that was a real death scene.
I understand the need to get reads on me. I am naturally one of the hardest people to get reads on for some reason, but please note that I have only been in this game for a few days, I am sure you can get something on me soon enough.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Day 1 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
xvart ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 ) CooLDoG
Espeonage ( 0 )
DeathNote ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 0 )
CallMeLiam ( 6 ) CryMeARiver Zang DeathNote Hoopla FishytheFish xvart

FishytheFish ( 0 )
CooLDoG ( 0 )
totallynottotallynotmafia ( 0 )
Annachie ( 1 ) Espeonage
hate_me_not ( 2 ) CallMeLiam totallynotmafia
Not Voting ( 1 ) animorpherv1
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 to lynch

CallMeLiam the Town Cop Detector was Lynched.

Cop Detector
You are the town cop detector. Once per game you may PM me to ask me how many cops are alive in the game as well as finding out the sanities of any dead cops (which will not be listed… it’ll just say that they were a cop). Please note that the cop detector detects mafia cops (e.g. mafia rolecops) as well as town cops. This does not work on flavor cops.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

Deadline for Night Submissions is 15:00 EDT, Thursday, April 1st.
Any actions after this point will either be randomized or sent as "no action," depending on which makes sense for the role

I should note that yes, you may continue to post here and elsewhere about the game unless you're dead.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Damn. Really though I had that one right. Back to the drawing board later tonight.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

Oh wait, it's open again? I just made a post in the MD thread, but I'll repost it here;

Guys, DeathNote is probably town. That sounds exactly like zoraster - I talk to him via PM on MSN a bit, and those are definitely his mannerisms. Short, brief answers for simple questions, and then occasional wordy responses when he wants to get a point across.

The only possibility those are staged is if DeathNote has altered his own messages to zoraster. But I would say no, based purely on the flow of responses. DeathNote would have had to alter zoraster's messages slightly if he'd sent him some other message initially. Feels really natural to me.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:34 am

Post by DeathNote »

I blame myself partially. I just joined the lynch. I was more worried about wanting to not kill the sham account then finding a suitable other lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

I blame the democrats.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 am

Post by DeathNote »

Hoopla wrote:I blame the democrats.
Namely?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, unfortunately cml was town. And this is interesting that we can talk during night but it is pretty obvious since the MD thread would be open.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

So when are we lynching ani for obvscummery?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

UncertainKitten wrote:So when are we lynching ani for obvscummery?
Who are your scumbuddies going to kill tonight?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Scumbuddies? Shouldn't you be asking Fishy that?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”