Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Fate »

More post game rage:

Holy hell Vaya you really need to stop acting scummy. You were RIGHT about Farside, but you did nothing to convince town of it. You never did post that case on her...

And because of that, Azhrei convinced town of lynching YOU over Farside.

If we had lynched Farside that day, I think we could have broken this game open.

That is all.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Fate wrote:More post game rage:

Holy hell Vaya you really need to stop acting scummy. You were RIGHT about Farside, but you did nothing to convince town of it. You never did post that case on her...

And because of that, Azhrei convinced town of lynching YOU over Farside.

If we had lynched Farside that day, I think we could have broken this game open.

That is all.
No one ever had a case on me. It drove me nuts that all I got was you are so scummy because I said so.
Oh and I told you to let Iam answer that question about why he believed you Fate. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Ugh. I should have hammered Farside when I had the chance, rather than waiting for Azh to reply (which happened when I wasn't around -_-). I was 100% certain that Farside was scum, I just wanted to see what Azh would say so I could gauge who the scumpartner was better. Then again, I probably wouldn't have lived to the next day so it wouldn't have mattered what I thought. Wish that had occurred to me at the time.

Also, if I wasn't LA I probably would have been around to beat Iam to the hammer. Since Azh knew he was town, it should have been fairly obvious to him that the team was Far/Iam, imo. Fate was obvtown in the important parts of his play, namely the lynches he pushed. Azh let himself be swayed by Far, I think, and then voted on that. Grr.

There is something incredibly wrong balance-wise about only mislynching once and being in lylo the next day. I partially blame that on pwnman's modkill, which is WHY IT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED ARAGHAGHAGHAGHAHGadjgsklhgjd;kh. WTF.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by jeromus »

I'll admit - I thought Iam's claim was weak - No other roles were main protagonists, so I found it to be not the best claim in the world... I was Dr Horrible, but that was more of a main antagonist in the long run. Also - Azhrei, damn you to hell. Your reaction fishing was the end of me...
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Azhrei

You are William the Bloody, also known as
Spike

Sometimes regarded as a villain, sometimes regarded as an anti-hero, always regarded as comic relief.
You're a vampire, but you have earned your soul back and are therefore somewhat good. As a vampire you are notoriously hard to kill, but do not kid yourself, there are people who know how to dispose of vampires.

Other than that, you have no active powers, but will use your vote to lynch evil-doers during the day.

You win with the town.
Mod note: Can be killed by Dark Willow or Darla

bv310

You are
Topher Brink

You're somewhat of a genius, according to others as well as yourself.
You have been vital in the development of imprinting technology, and somewhat responsible for the weaponization of it.

There is a doll among your ranks, but you don't know which doll nor who it is.
Every night you may give me two names. If either of them are the doll, you will be able to imprint them with the personality of a dead player. The doll will then have all the abilities of the dead player.

You win with the town.
esuriospiritus

You are
Victor

You are a 'doll'. You are in a childlike state, cause you have no imprint at the moment, thus no personality. However, there is someone out there who wants to imprint you with a new personality with new abilities. Until that person finds you, you will have to use your vote to get rid of the evil faction.
Maybe one day you will be a real boy again.

You win with the town.
Fate

You're
Kate Lockley

You're a detective for the LA police department. There's a lot of evil to fight, but you have difficulty admitting the true evil that lies behind. A rationalist at heart, you expect rational explanations for the murders that ravage this town, but you will find darker evil than you can imagine.

For all intents and purposes you are a cop. You may investigate a person every night, and i will tell you whether they are scum or not.

You win with the town
Mod note: Insane

pwnman

You are Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan, commonly known as
Lorne.

Unlike your fellow kind, you do not enjoy fighting. You much rather enjoy beauty, art and music. Which is why you opened a Karaoke bar in LA.

You have the ability to read people's auras, and even their futures. This gives you the power to see who's gonna visit the person during the night. But a gentle spirited person like yourself would never let anyone get hurt, so you will protect anyone from being killed, should you predict it.

So you're kind of a watcher. Unless someone tries to kill your target. then you're a doc.

You win with the town.
Seven

You are
Tara Maclay

You dabble in witchcraft and lesbianism. You are a very powerful witch, and you're very adept at performing spells and rituals.

Every night you may cast a spell on someone which will let you know what tvshow they appeared in. Angel/buffy overlap a lot of characters, so regardless if your target appeared in both, you will be let know they appeared in either.

You win with the town
Starbuck

You are
Willow Danielle Rosenberg

You're a very powerful witch. And a lesbian. A very powerful lesbian witch.
But with great power, lurks great evil. You might not be able to control your dark side for the duration of the game.

Every night you may put a spell on a player. This will curse them for the duration of 2 nights, including the night you cast the curse. While cursed, they will have 50% chance of failure for any ability they may have.

You win with the town.
Mod note: Will become SK if Tara is killed

Someone just killed your girlfriend,
Tara
, which meant everything to you. You feel a darkness in you taking control. It's taking over, and you can't stop it.
Someone must pay, and they will regret crossing the most powerful witch in Sunnydale. You need vengeance, but you don't know who to take it out on.

Oh well, might as well level the whole town, and everyone in it. :evil:

Your
role
and
win condition
have changed.

You are now
Dark Willow
. You may now use your dark powers to kill someone at night. You may still curse, but you can't curse and kill the same night. You are also NK-immune.

You win when you are the only one left alive, or nothing can prevent you from being.

You are now, for all intents and purposes, a Serial Killer.
Vaya

You are
Jayne Cobb

You're a physically imposing mercenary. Despite your comparatively brutish manner, you regularly display cunning and common sense.
You always carry your trusty revolver, and you're not afraid to use it. In fact, some people would call you trigger happy. Once during the game you may choose a person at night to kill.

For all intents and purposes you are a one-shot vig.

You win with the town.
wolframnhart

You are Derrial Book (often called
Shepherd Book
)
You're a Shepherd/Priest, and provide frequent spiritual advice and perspectives for the town.
As a priest, you cannot put the deciding vote on a lynch. Unless you really have to. In other words, if you're the only town player left who hasn't voted for a lynch, you may hammer the sonofabitch.

Every night you may pray for someone. But the lord works in mysterious ways, so will not have control over what your prayer will do. Your prayer might take a life, or it might save a life. Or it might to a bunch of other things. So have faith, and spin the wheel.

You win with the town
Mod note: Every prayer randomly chosen between Block/Kill/doc/steal vote/give vote/redirect to self/redirect to Book

jeromus

You are Billy, called
Dr.Horrible
amongst friends. Of which you have none.
You want to be pure evil, and will therefore do what you can to help the mafia take over town. You have invented a freeze ray to help you towards this purpose. The mafia consist of Darla (farside22) and your sidekick Moist (iamausername)
You may not communicate with the Mafia, unless i say so.

Every night you may freeze a person with your freeze ray. If that person has an ability, that ability will be delayed until the following night.

You win when the mafia are the only persons left.
Mod note: will become full mafia member if a mafia is killed

farside22

You are
Darla

You were born in the late 16th century, contracted syphilis and was turned into a vampire. As a vampire, you despise the living, and want nothing more than to drain them of blood.
You've teamed up with Moist (iamausername) who wants to get into the Evil league of Evil, and thinks fraternizing with a vampire might do the trick.
There is also a traitor amongst the town, who will help you during day as well as night, but you don't know who they are, and can't communicate with them.

As a vampire, you are hard to kill, but do not assume you're invincible, there are people who know how to dispose of a vampire.
You are a master of mingling with humans tho, so you are impervious to investigation.

Mod note: Can be killed by Dark Willow. Kills by Darla will be flavored as Vampire kills.

iamausername

You are
Moist

That's not only your condition, but your name as well. You have the underwhelming ability to dampen things. Your biggest wish is to be accepted into the Evil League of Evil, and you have joined up with the vampire Darla (farside22) in an attempt of impressing Bad Horse. There is also a traitor amongst the town, who will help you during day as well as night, but you don't know who they are, and can't communicate with them.

Mod note: If Mafia ratio drops below 1:3, Mafia will be told Buffy, Angel, Malcolm and Echo are not in the game.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Night Actions

Night 1

bv310 - Checks Esurio and Azhrei (Esu is doll)
Seven - investigate pwnman (Angel/buffy)
pwnman - watch Vaya (No visits)
Starbuck - curse fate
Fate - investigate Seven (Guilty) (Curse failed)
Wolframharthart - Pray for farside (Doc)
Farside - Kill seven (Success)

Night 2

wolframnhart - Pray for farside (Redirect to self, no effect)
Fate - Investigate Farside ("Guilty") (Curse failed)
Vaya - Kill Farside (GF-Fail)
iamausername - Kill BV (success)

Night 3

Wolf - Pray for Esu (redirect to self, no effect)
Fate - investigate iam ("innocent")

Fate - investigate Az ("guilty")
Upcoming
Mini
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Fate »

WHAT!

So Wolf targeted Farside twice with his Joatiness!

My god, that means TWO people probably "killed" Farside and she got away with it.

Very interested in seeing the night action resolutions.

Also, this means I was cursed but luckily my actions never failed. Not that they were worth anything -_-
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by Fate »

Oh simul posted.
Night 3
Wolf - Pray for Esu (redirect to self, no effect)
-Fate - investigate iam ("innocent")-
Fate - investigate Az ("guilty")
NO NOW MY SHAME IS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO SEE

*facepalm*
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by jeromus »

I disagree with the flavour being that the character who is practically my LACKEY is a KNOWN mafia member! Pah!

But - Gratz for the rest. I approve of everything that DIDN'T act to my detriment :)
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I was mentally yelling at the mafia for them to kill fate on night 3. :p
An insane cop with an "innocent" on farside, would prolly make for an easy mislynch.

Now, regarding pwnman, I was offered a replacement, which i would gladly take as I don't think the town should be punished for a flaker. The replacement didn't get back to me, however.

That's when I decided to pretended to have him replaced for the night, in the hope that the mafia (or spike/book/willow) would kill him, thus no extra modkill needed.

This seemed like a fair deal at the time, but in hindsight it was really me meddling too much. The Mafia didn't want to kill pwnman, and were instead intimidated into killing bv instead of wolf. I also speculated if bv would've given esu the watcherdoc role if I modkilled before night.

So in the end, a move i did trying to give the town a fair end of a stick, prolly worked against them.

While I'm listing regrets:
Telling Esu that someone was looking for him was unnecessary.

As for wolframnhart, I thought i was being clever by adding a condition that would let him hammer in a lylo, last-hope situation. I clearly didn't consider the consequences. Not only was it a disaster of communication, leaving hardly anyone understanding the conditions (Now can you understand why I had a hard time, farside? :p) But during Day 3 I realized the implications of keeping the condition (in a 1 scum 3 town situation, game would be broken in town favor)

So I had to take it out. I had no qualms about taking it out, as I never intended the ability to be there, but I did regret the mess that had basically confirmed wolf at that point. (not that hammer-free isn't a pretty good confirm to begin with)
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Oh yeah, and in hindsight, I prolly should have given the mafia a Roleblocker :p
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Welcome to the mind of a mad mod.

This was the note i scribbled the day my last game ended.
Not that much changed from my initial draft.

Also, note my evolution of Lorne (Doc? Watcher? DocWatcher!) mental mind at work :p

Upcoming
Mini
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by jeromus »

That's when I decided to pretended to have him replaced for the night, in the hope that the mafia (or spike/book/willow) would kill him, thus no extra modkill needed.
Spike had no NK power? Who did you mean?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 am

Post by Fate »

So, I would've flipped insane? If they had killed me N3 that would've left Esu and Wolf as confirmed town, with Azhrei the only mislynch target. Plus putting 2+2=Godfather should've been cake for everyone remaining.

Also, the game as a whole is always punished for flakers. I expected Pwnman to be modkilled because those were the rules, the replacement just really got my hopes up.

There's no way to avoid this except to blacklist him from future BaM games until there is eventually a "BaM approved" player list.

Wolf's hammer ability really did confirm him. He's a tough guy to read, and a "I'm a JOAT but I don't know what I do to the target" just smells of creative fakeclaim.

Imagine if Wolf had stolen ESU's vote N3 Or given him one or killed him! Oh man! This game could've went so many different ways (the SK being left alive to kill, the Watcher/Doc being useful, the Role Cop stopping fakeclaims) I would love to play it again.

Also if Wolf had blocked Farside N1 and she had been "confirmed town" in his eyes because he would've though he protected her!

Definitely down for the next one. Love the roles.

There's only one thing left....

SCUM QUICK TOPIC!

*begs scumteam*
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 am

Post by TonyMontana »

jeromus wrote:
Spike had no NK power? Who did you mean?
Sorry, meant Jayne. -.-
Upcoming
Mini
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 am

Post by jeromus »

Dr Horrible as traitor - Why, exactly?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Fate wrote:Imagine if Wolf had stolen ESU's vote N3 Or given him one or killed him! Oh man! This game could've went so many different ways (the SK being left alive to kill, the Watcher/Doc being useful, the Role Cop stopping fakeclaims) I would love to play it again.
Well, like i said in the signups, Swingy is my middle name :P

My previous game, which had 48 powerroles for 12 players, can attest to that:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 17#1999017

Goddamn, I wanna do one of those again... -.-
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 am

Post by TonyMontana »

jeromus wrote:Dr Horrible as traitor - Why, exactly?
Why him, or why not full scum?
Upcoming
Mini
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 am

Post by jeromus »

Little of both :)
I honestly had NO idea I was a traitor - This was my first game as scum, as well as my first game out of the newbie area - So I was unaware that there was any such thing as a traitor...
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Fate »

Well you did a good job setting up Vaya's mislynch and not saying a single word about either Farside or Iam. Also you helped me tunnel Esu with your flip! So don't think your play was bad, sometimes getting Lynched D1 can make the town "complacent"

The only thing you did wrong was really, really hate me. But Azhrei took that as you just hating my play later on, and not me being town, so I guess he WIFOM'd out of it.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I dunno, maybe I thought the mafia was too powerful, lol.

I think I was toying with the idea of having 3 mafias + traitor, or with having spike turned evil (as seen on draft note)

I thought Horrible was a good fit as a guy who's not really evil, but really wanna be.
Upcoming
Mini
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 am

Post by jeromus »

Oh, I HATED your play, Fate. I offer the same criticisms as I did Vaya - Friendliness makes the game fun for everyone else :)

Azh and I would have moments where we'd, as we go to school together, turn to one another and say "Fucking Fate".

Your play is erratic and you're clearly intelligent, I'll not dispute that - But be NICE! :)
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 am

Post by jeromus »

I like the idea, and not necessarily the balancing, of a "You're a part of the Mafia when you get a successful kill", like, a SK traitor that becomes a Mafia member when they successfully kill as somewhat of a parallel to his "EVIL LEAGUE OF EVIL I WANT IN BUT TILL I KILLTHATPENNYWOMANI'MNOTALLOWED:(" thing.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Fate »

Oh wow, I was hoping there was a loophole in the rules. Azhrei never unvoted Iam to vote me at LyLo!

Damn BaM rules.... Unvoting not being necessary, BAH!

Upon a re-read Iam and Farside did an excellent job of distancing. I would have never expected Iam without an investigation result, which was the original reason I investigated him /sigh
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 am

Post by jeromus »

But - Though I disagree with it - Your play worked for you, Fate, until Azh went and dumbassed everywhere... He will get a headsmack when I next see him :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”