Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Nikanor 412 wrote:Also, I'm REALLY not liking how Sucrose just went from voting
for
peanutman to voting
with
peanutman. Sucrose, do you think that peanutman might be distancing himself from or bussing NS?
This is a good catch.

---
Spyrex 416 wrote:However, just so we're clear [Deer voted SSSS]
I'm comfortable with Deer's vote; I'm not comfortable with yours.
Spyrex 416 wrote:Ohh, but that wasn't you right? Yet, we see how you've approached me. Interesting conundrum. :P
It really isn't, for me at least. That quote you selected was just me saying that I didn't bother to go through his posts with as fine of a comb as I would have had he been alive.

Where we seem to be hitting a brick wall is that I am saying that it's possible for SSSS to have been a good lynch for both the town and the scum. I don't know if that's causing you to grit your teeth or what, because you keep throwing this back at me as though I can't hold this position. Well, let me save you any more sleepless nights: I can, and I do.
Spyrex 416 wrote:The nothing players contain scum (that, as we will see below, is the bold statement not the other).
You should quantify this beyond the catchword "nothing". I have came in here and tried to give this town some fresh arguments (and I'd like to think I've done a good job :D), NS' lastest post, while nothing to write home about, at least shows he's still breathing, and Nikanor has done well to give more analysis than Te had.

I guess my point is, the "new" nothing players should be jbern, peanut, and NS. Either that or I think you should give us more than "here's a random group of three, with seemingly no connection other than lurking". Don't get me wrong, it's not as if NS and Nikanor are/were bad picks, but the same criteria that collected those three should at least be tickling in regards to peanut and jbern at this point.
Spyrex 416 wrote:Why? With time as a factor and SSSS being "a good wagon" if I were scum (OHH SNAP) I'd stay off it. Doubly so because conventional attitudes would be there were two scum on the wagon.
That's so WIFOM laden I don't even know how to come at it.

The two flips we had were both town, both off the SSSS wagon, for starters. Secondly, two of your three scum predictions were on the SSSS wagon, along with 6 of 9 of the remaining players overall. So if you're going to seriously argue that the two scum are more likely to come from 3/9 than 6/9, then I don't know what else I really can say.
Spyrex 416 wrote:Although, to be fair, Deer was nothing.

You've got a whole different set of issues.
Why shouldn't I come after you for this? You called out Deer before I took over the slot.

---
jbern 419 wrote:I apologize for planning a weekend-long trip where I wouldn't have internet access months before I even signed up for this game. I'm sorry that I enjoy scouting, camping, and traveling, and that I didn't think ahead enough to know that I'd be approaching the deadline in a mafia game. And I'm also sorry that I'm currently A) attending high school and B) need to attend an informational meeting for a trip to Europe next year tomorrow, chewing up most of my day tomorrow. From now on, I'll just schedule my life around mafia.

And the second paragraph is just dumb and stupid and stupid and dumb. Since when do you know my thought process? I have kept my vote on you the entire day because, surprise surprise, I've been happy with that vote. Accusing me of refusing to analyze the game is just wrong. I have been doing exactly that, otherwise why would I play mafia? You think I'm stupid? Or just that I don't understand mafia?
(tl; dr version: Screw you, RedCoyote!)
Let me summarize:

"AtE! AtE! AtE!"

I'm comfortable with my vote.

---
Sucrose 423 wrote:Gah. Why the vote switch to NS? Just because NS has been scummier in the last page or so than Peanutman. Granted, I still think Peanutman is pretty scummy, but NS outranks him at this point. Although with both Peanutman and Jbernier on an L-1 wagon, I am having second thoughts.
You're still essentially ignoring me and Nikanor, and as Nikanor is about to bring up, peanut hasn't posted since Tuesday.

Also I like how you throw out "I am having second thoughts", but you don't really follow up on it.

Like Nikanor, Sucrose has really kind of taken a nose dive in my townreads with her last couple of posts. I absolutely hate this post.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Thrown Together VC (subject to being wrong)

RedCoyote (1): SpyreX
Nobody Special(2): Sucrose, jbernier93
Dragonfly (1): peanutman
Sucrose(1): Nikanor
jbernier93(1): RedCoyote
Peanutman (1): Nobody Special

9 Alive, 5 to Kill.
NS is noted as V/LA
Deadline is a week from today.
Last edited by sykedoc on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod, I'm voting jbern right now.

I knew I had that wrong. I was thinking: "Could've sworn RC voted someone"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sucrose has some 'splainin to do.

---
RedCoyote wrote:I'm comfortable with Deer's vote; I'm not comfortable with yours.
Ohh lets start this dance because I'll light a fire under your feet SO FAST the world won't even know what happened.

Without 1.) explaining your reads 2.) clarifying "odd ties" which to those not in the know are in fact SECRETS and two posts where you've given A SINGLE CANDIDATE NOW THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE FOR YOUR VOTE that post is white noise at best.

But, yea. Its me.

I'm twisting the words.

ALAS I AM UNDONE
Dragonfly's good post goes here.

Well, that there is a good post. I approve of that. Why didn't you just START with that sheesh.

After I see the VC to make sure there's no shenanegi I can get behind that.

I lean deer for a partner a bit more.
Deer wrote:Okay, I'm going to do this. Dragonfly has swayed me away from thinking rzhang's spot is scum, and like I said before, SSSS looks to be the next most likely scum.

unvote, vote: SSSS
Yessir, I can see the umbrage. And, I know where this is going: "Ahh, but I am Deer and I know my alignment therefore..."

But, lets explore some more.
It really isn't, for me at least. That quote you selected was just me saying that I didn't bother to go through his posts with as fine of a comb as I would have had he been alive.

Where we seem to be hitting a brick wall is that I am saying that it's possible for SSSS to have been a good lynch for both the town and the scum. I don't know if that's causing you to grit your teeth or what, because you keep throwing this back at me as though I can't hold this position. Well, let me save you any more sleepless nights: I can, and I do.
So, you haven't looked through Deer in detail is what I'm taking from the first... but, you are him? Or, so one prong of this argument has went.

But, lets look at the other. And why I'm really "gritting my teeth" (by gritting you must mean becoming more confident you are scum but I digress).

A good lynch:
For town is a lynch of scum or, barring that, a scummy player that delivers enough information to outweigh the mislynch (during early days).
For scum is a lynch that doesn't get them lynched (or setup a scenario where they get lynched (this is important later)).

So, could SSSS have been a "good lynch" for both sides? Sure. It easily fulfills the most basic of criteria.

Does that mean that pointing at someone as scum because "they were on the wagon" makes sense? Maaybe.

Does that mean that if you were also on the wagon but quantifying it as ok because it was "a good lynch" while simultaneously attacking someone else on the wagon make sense? Hoosssss no.

Thats the problem. Or, well, one of them.
Red wrote:You should quantify this beyond the catchword "nothing". I have came in here and tried to give this town some fresh arguments (and I'd like to think I've done a good job Very Happy), NS' lastest post, while nothing to write home about, at least shows he's still breathing, and Nikanor has done well to give more analysis than Te had.

I guess my point is, the "new" nothing players should be jbern, peanut, and NS. Either that or I think you should give us more than "here's a random group of three, with seemingly no connection other than lurking". Don't get me wrong, it's not as if NS and Nikanor are/were bad picks, but the same criteria that collected those three should at least be tickling in regards to peanut and jbern at this point.
Nothing isn't a catchword. It is what it is. Nothing. Truly what Deer did. Nowhere have I said you, RedCoyote, have done nothing. Because that would be silly AND a lie.

However, which is it? You are comfortable with Deer's vote as though he's a separate entity (which makes no sense, but I digress) but didn't read his thought processes?

But, I was scum because wf was? And, of course, because I was on the same wagon you were on?

And in that last paragraph you've said that my picks were good except for your position on it. That my picks were good except, solely, you.

And, considering the way this is going, I'll get to them when I get to them. I'm focusing my energy on the target I'd most like to get lynched today - you.
Red wrote: That's so WIFOM laden I don't even know how to come at it.

The two flips we had were both town, both off the SSSS wagon, for starters. Secondly, two of your three scum predictions were on the SSSS wagon, along with 6 of 9 of the remaining players overall. So if you're going to seriously argue that the two scum are more likely to come from 3/9 than 6/9, then I don't know what else I really can say.
Ahh, WIFOM, how I've missed your call.

No. Conventional wisdom being what it is, if scum put themselves in a scenario where they can push through a mislynch without being on the wagon in such a way that it does put huge alerts on them... every time. Because of things just like this.

If I were scum and thought I could wait a wagon out for town to do the dirty work without painting a target on myself for it I'd do it every damn time.

As for the other.. and? My picks had nothing to do with that wagon. They had to do with the skaters - and majorly so. I'm standing behind those. I'm not trying to paint that wagon as some pro-town tech wagon while being a part of it.
Red wrote: Why shouldn't I come after you for this? You called out Deer before I took over the slot.
Come after me for what? For calling out Deer before you replaced for doing nothing? For calling you out for a different set of things because you are definitely not doing nothing?

----

But, that was a lot of noise for the other part of this I really want to get into. Up there I said a "good lynch" for scum is one that isn't them... or gets them lynched for it.

Oddly enough I saw enough in this doublespeak I laid down the gauntlet.

You've called me out as your #1 scum pick. You've got me aggressively going after you.

And I've never, ever seen a vote from you
. Even though there's "significant preference".

Why is that?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

RedCoyote wrote:
jbern 419 wrote:I apologize for planning a weekend-long trip where I wouldn't have internet access months before I even signed up for this game. I'm sorry that I enjoy scouting, camping, and traveling, and that I didn't think ahead enough to know that I'd be approaching the deadline in a mafia game. And I'm also sorry that I'm currently A) attending high school and B) need to attend an informational meeting for a trip to Europe next year tomorrow, chewing up most of my day tomorrow. From now on, I'll just schedule my life around mafia.

And the second paragraph is just dumb and stupid and stupid and dumb. Since when do you know my thought process? I have kept my vote on you the entire day because, surprise surprise, I've been happy with that vote. Accusing me of refusing to analyze the game is just wrong. I have been doing exactly that, otherwise why would I play mafia? You think I'm stupid? Or just that I don't understand mafia?
(tl; dr version: Screw you, RedCoyote!)
Let me summarize:

"AtE! AtE! AtE!"

I'm comfortable with my vote.
Incorrect. I A) explained how your attack on me for going V/LA was total BS and should never, ever be used ever again and B) responded to all your points against me. I'm not exactly whose emotions I was appealing to... Honestly, I couldn't care less if you were voting me, I just want you to retract your attack on me for going V/LA.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

nika wrote:Hey, I've been here longer than you. >_>
:D

JB - You missed my question:
Chau wrote: What happened to your Dragonfly suspicions JB?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

jb wrote:Honestly, I couldn't care less if you were voting me, I just want you to retract your attack on me for going V/LA.
Really? But if you were town, wouldn't you be happy to see entirely baseless attacks? I know I'm
always
happy to see one person make an unbased attack against another person, even if that other person is myself.

I want Sucrose to come back. :(
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ALSO!
I love how DChau fails to capitalize my name, but capitalizes her own and jb's, neither of which actually start with capital letters. :x
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by sykedoc »

SocioPath replaces peanutman
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Vote: SpyreX

Totally scum.
I'll figure out the reasons why later.

ROFL
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Sucrose »

What do you want me to explain? Peanut posted nothing, NS posted a bunch of scummy stuff. Sure, nothingness is suspicious on its own, but between no posting and scummy posting, scummy posting is more suspicious.

I am well aware the theory that NS is scum contradicts the theory that Peanutman is scum.
RedCoyote wrote:
You're still essentially ignoring me and Nikanor, and as Nikanor is about to bring up, peanut hasn't posted since Tuesday.

Also I like how you throw out "I am having second thoughts", but you don't really follow up on it.

Like Nikanor, Sucrose has really kind of taken a nose dive in my townreads with her last couple of posts. I absolutely hate this post.
I’m juggling probabilities. I personally think the scummiest players are NS, Peanut, Jbern, and DF, in about that order. I think we were legitimately very, very close an NS lynch a page ago, so the probability of Peanut (assuming he’s lurking if he’s scum) or Jbern being scumbuddies with NS is very low.
There's no real reason to unvote now though, NS isn't in any immediate danger.
Nikanor wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Sucrose.

peanutman hasn't even
posted
in the last page or so. Do you not find lurking through a building bandwagon scummy?

peanutman was there before you were. That's not to mention that your suspicions of NS have seemingly come out of nowhere. In the post where you vote peanutman, you mention something of peanut distracting votes from smashbro onto NS, which would be more of an anti-link than a link.
After your vote on peanutman, you mention NS in two posts, neither of which say he is specifically scummy. Then, a couple posts later, you say that NS is one of your top suspects? Talk about hopping onto a bandwagon.
My accusation in post #322 was the peanut was essentially posting helpful-sounding fluff, not that peanut was actually trying to move the lynch off of SSSS or get NS lynched. That said I don't really think Peanut and NS are scumbuddies.
SocioPath wrote:

Totally scum.

ROFL
Hello SocioPath! Is this a serious vote?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Sucrose wrote:
SocioPath wrote:

Totally scum.

ROFL
Hello SocioPath! Is this a serious vote?
Everything I do is serious.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

He's totally serious.

He just misspelled RedCoyote.

Happens to the best of us.
Show

Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spyrex 428 wrote:So, you haven't looked through Deer in detail is what I'm taking from the first... but, you are him? Or, so one prong of this argument has went.
It was necessary to do this because Deer was being unjustly persecuted by the likes of you, chau, and jbern. I had to show why it was that, contrary to what was accepted, Deer was one of the top townies during D1.
Spyrex 428 wrote:Does that mean that pointing at someone as scum because "they were on the wagon" makes sense? Maaybe.

Does that mean that if you were also on the wagon but quantifying it as ok because it was "a good lynch" while simultaneously attacking someone else on the wagon make sense? Hoosssss no.
Well, firstly, you're glossing over the weight of the wagon, again. Why else do you think I would be pushing the idea that we should focus on the wagon? I realize the inconvenience that puts on me. I'm not blind; I know Deer was on the SSSS wagon. That doesn't change the fact that the two
town
flips in the 11 person game were
off
the wagon. That's serious, and you're gravely underestimating that fact. I can't imagine you're doing so honestly either. Secondly, even if you want to play it by a strictly scumhunting basis, I would not contend that NS, Te, and peanut were the worst offenders yesterday. Sure, they weren't the best, but NS and peanut were middle-of-the-road, and Te was only a bad read by virtue of the fact that he was caught with his pants down by chau. Prior to that, I think he was actually playing rather townie. Unlike a player like, I don't know, wf, he only made one real slip-up (although it was a pretty substantial one, as it was enough to put him pretty low on my list).
Spyrex 428 wrote:However, which is it? You are comfortable with Deer's vote as though he's a separate entity (which makes no sense, but I digress) but didn't read his thought processes?

But, I was scum because wf was? And, of course, because I was on the same wagon you were on?
Because Deer was already on record of disliking SSSS since before his wagon ever even gained traction. What about wf? Nope. You? Yeah, as I recall you mentioned SSSS in passing, but you weren't exactly head over heels for SSSS when you joined in. You wanted NS, which was somewhat reasonable (but who isn't reasonable on D1). I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you're going to argue Deer's hammer from your point of view. I do, because as I said, I can go back and point to Deer's suspicions of SSSS, which I did earlier for chau. In other words, you can't equate Deer and yourself on that wagon, and that's what gives me the authority to argue against you.
Spyrex 428 wrote:No. Conventional wisdom being what it is, if scum put themselves in a scenario where they can push through a mislynch without being on the wagon in such a way that it does put huge alerts on them... every time. Because of things just like this.

If I were scum and thought I could wait a wagon out for town to do the dirty work without painting a target on myself for it I'd do it every damn time.
This is such baloney. I guess I'm the only one who is really reading your posts closely, because I can't imagine anyone looking at this and going, "Wow, Spyrex has a point". If you actually believed even a smidgen of this, your vote would be completely disingenuous.
Spyrex 428 wrote:Come after me for what? For calling out Deer before you replaced for doing nothing? For calling you out for a different set of things because you are definitely not doing nothing?
It's just so convenient for the town that me and Deer happen to both be scummy for completely different things!
Spyrex 428 wrote:You've called me out as your #1 scum pick. You've got me aggressively going after you.

And I've never, ever seen a vote from you.
Even though there's "significant preference".

Why is that?
Simple. It's a compromise. I don't think either one of us will be lynched today, to be honest. I'll continue to point out your excuses and halftruths, but I don't honestly think I can get a wagon on you. Sucrose, chau, and Nikanor all give you a thumb's up for some reason, NS is off in his own world, and jbern is possibly a scumbuddy, or at the very least, completely focused on me. Who does that leave? peanut (now Sociopath) and Dragonfly. Unless I see the tide turn in some other direction, there's no sense voting you. I'll keep pressuring you, but I think jbern is a more agreeable choice at this point. I may even get you on board.

Additionally (and heaven knows I'm going to be slammed for this), it's not impossible for you to gain ground. I'm realistic; I realize I may not have all the answers (however unlikely that may be :mrgreen:). It's possible for you to be town, and you have to understand that I don't doubt that possibility.

---
jbern 429 wrote:Honestly, I couldn't care less if you were voting me, I just want you to retract your attack on me for going V/LA.
Oh, no, I'm sure your V/LA is genuine. Excuse me if you thought I was trying to argue that you did it on purpose. I'm more stating the fact that, especially because you planned this V/LA in advance, you should've been more on top of this game. That does not mean crap like, "oh, I did my scumhunting on D1 so... you need to reread. later, lol". For you to accuse me of saying that you should put mafia over anything else in your life is dishonest, and when you use language like, "your arguments are stupid and dumb!!" and "I'm sorry for enjoying life!! Is this such a crime, RC?! Woe is me!!!", then you're being emotional to make your points. Other players can take it how they want, I think it smells of scum play.

You can argue that this is your playstyle or whatever, but I think it's you avoiding having to talk and give your opinion about more than just me (and now NS).

---
Sociopath 434 wrote:

Totally scum.
I like this guy already! Welcome, Sociopath.

---
Sucrose 435 wrote:What do you want me to explain?
Why you think it's likely the SSSS wagon has 1 scum rather than more. Why we should delibrately ignore the SSSS wagon. Why it's not advantageous to the town to capitalize on it.
Sucrose 435 wrote:I am well aware the theory that NS is scum contradicts the theory that Peanutman is scum.
I think the issue Nikanor brought up was that you were pushing peanutman, and one of your main points for doing so was this,
Sucrose 322 wrote:Conclusion: Peanut seems more interested in what does or does not go with the flow of the town than if SSSS or Rzhang are actually scum, and it strikes me as wrong. I'll make an accusation that in the two posts I've quoted, Peanut is making a show of making obvious "pro-town" moves, while not actually doing much at all. He also
looks like
he's drawing attention away from SSSS and onto Nobody Special,
yet he doesn't make much of a case against Nobody Special at all
(Emphasis added).

So you calling NS out as scum, abruptly switching from your past idea that peanutman was partly suspicious for drawing attention onto NS without really building a case, seems contradictory.

If you're "well aware" of this, then please enlighten me.
Sucrose 435 wrote:There's no real reason to unvote now though, NS isn't in any immediate danger.
Well you can't change what has happened, but you seem very much to be playing the field here. It's almost like you're just throwing arbitrary suspicions out there.

Let me ask you this, because I don't know the answer off the top of my head. If I went back through your posts in isolation, would I find you pressuring NS either earlier today or on D1?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Nikanor »

RedCoyote wrote:Sucrose, chau, and Nikanor all give you a thumb's up for some reason
You guys are actually both about equal on my reads (still orange). I'm just too busy scumhunting elsewhere to really question either of you.
Speaking of scumhunting, I haven't seen any from jb in a really long while.
jb, can I get a list of your current suspicions, please?
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 am

Post by jbernier93 »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
JB - You missed my question:
I actually was just waiting until it was more convenient to respond to.
chauchaudotcom wrote:
Especially JB's change of heart. What happened to your Dragonfly suspicions JB?
Dragonfly's actions today haven't been very townie nor very scummy, while nobody's actions have crept him up on my scumdar. It may look like a sudden change of heart, but you'll note that I found NS scummy yesterday too.
Nikanor wrote:
jb wrote:but townies shouldn't be worried if they are saying something scummy, they know they are town.
Untrue! Being mislynched for seeming scummy sucks, imo. If your statement were true, I could go around lying in every direction and not expect to be lynched for it.
Right, but you shouldn't be worried about being perceived as scummy, since as town you should be doing pro-town things.
Nikanor wrote:
jb wrote:Honestly, I couldn't care less if you were voting me, I just want you to retract your attack on me for going V/LA.
Really? But if you were town, wouldn't you be happy to see entirely baseless attacks? I know I'm
always
happy to see one person make an unbased attack against another person, even if that other person is myself.
lolwut?
Nikanor wrote: jb, can I get a list of your current suspicions, please?
Sure.
In order from scummiest to least scummy:
NobodySpecial
DragonFly
RedCoyote/Sucrose (about equal)
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

Red wrote:It really isn't, for me at least. That quote you selected was just me saying that
I didn't bother to go through his posts with as fine of a comb as I would have had he been alive.
Red wrote:
It was necessary to do this because Deer was being unjustly persecuted by the likes of you, chau, and jbern.
I had to show why it was that, contrary to what was accepted, Deer was one of the top townies during D1.
Red wrote:
Deer has been one of the more townie players in this game
, and I challenge anyone to say otherwise.
Hmmm.
Red wrote:Well, firstly, you're glossing over the weight of the wagon, again. Why else do you think I would be pushing the idea that we should focus on the wagon? I realize the inconvenience that puts on me. I'm not blind; I know Deer was on the SSSS wagon. That doesn't change the fact that the two town flips in the 11 person game were off the wagon. That's serious, and you're gravely underestimating that fact. I can't imagine you're doing so honestly either. Secondly, even if you want to play it by a strictly scumhunting basis, I would not contend that NS, Te, and peanut were the worst offenders yesterday. Sure, they weren't the best, but NS and peanut were middle-of-the-road, and Te was only a bad read by virtue of the fact that he was caught with his pants down by chau. Prior to that, I think he was actually playing rather townie. Unlike a player like, I don't know, wf, he only made one real slip-up (although it was a pretty substantial one, as it was enough to put him pretty low on my list).
Such beautiful doublespeak. Yes, the two "town" flips weren't on that wagon. One of said "town" flips was the point of the wagon.

So, realistically, we're looking at fitz. Who, if one took the most direct "why fitz?" mentality it points squarely at dragonfly. Not a function of not being off the wagon.

Further, this is all under the supposition that the kill was a function of the position on the wagon. Which, well, woosh.

Now, if you came out
tomorrow
after another set of kills there might be something worth while to look at in that data pattern. As it sits, all I'm concerned about is that it looked and felt like a normal scum-split.

And if you're going to be all coy and say WF slipped up then go for it. State it, go for it, push the lynch through.
Red wrote:Because Deer was already on record of disliking SSSS since before his wagon ever even gained traction. What about wf? Nope. You? Yeah, as I recall you mentioned SSSS in passing, but you weren't exactly head over heels for SSSS when you joined in. You wanted NS, which was somewhat reasonable (but who isn't reasonable on D1). I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you're going to argue Deer's hammer from your point of view. I do, because as I said, I can go back and point to Deer's suspicions of SSSS, which I did earlier for chau. In other words, you can't equate Deer and yourself on that wagon, and that's what gives me the authority to argue against you.
I am not WF. We shared the same slot. I am not WF. If you are going to have the stones to go "well, WF suspected X and you don't" as some kind of rosetta stone I can't help you.

Deer's hammer was "welp, dragonfly came in, so rzhang isn't scum, so hammer".

I'm not trying to "equate" anything. I'm saying, very specifically, you're using a whole lot of dissonance to parse this out.
It's just so convenient for the town that me and Deer happen to both be scummy for completely different things!
I know! Serendipity is awesome!

Of course, doing something "completely different" than nothing isn't that hard sooo.
Red wrote:Simple. It's a compromise. I don't think either one of us will be lynched today, to be honest. I'll continue to point out your excuses and halftruths, but I don't honestly think I can get a wagon on you. Sucrose, chau, and Nikanor all give you a thumb's up for some reason, NS is off in his own world, and jbern is possibly a scumbuddy, or at the very least, completely focused on me. Who does that leave? peanut (now Sociopath) and Dragonfly. Unless I see the tide turn in some other direction, there's no sense voting you. I'll keep pressuring you, but I think jbern is a more agreeable choice at this point. I may even get you on board.

Additionally (and heaven knows I'm going to be slammed for this), it's not impossible for you to gain ground. I'm realistic; I realize I may not have all the answers (however unlikely that may be Mr. Green). It's possible for you to be town, and you have to understand that I don't doubt that possibility.
Woe, alas, my excuses for ??? and my halftruths about ??? are undone. Yet, apparently I am protected by an impenetrable shield that warrants
not even voting for me
your #1 A++ suspect.

Whereas, I am going to push hard. And try to get this to gain traction. And, if I can't, I'm going to look again real, real hard at whats going on and push from there.

I'm really not stoked with how much fragmentation there is right now.

I want to give that friendly reminder that in most cases if you ignore whats going on with Red and I we're going to be around tomorrow in lylo with the same song and dance.

Additionally, I would like to reiterate that I, if wrong, handed the scum a real strong position tomorrow... and only got the tiniest of nibbles.

Why is that?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

EBWOP: And, of course, its a mislynch today.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi, me checking in. After almost two days internetless, I've had to catch up on reality/business stuff (read: money) and I've run out of time and steam this evening, so more tomorrow.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

nika wrote:ALSO!I love how DChau fails to capitalize my name, but capitalizes her own and jb's, neither of which actually start with capital letters. :x
Aw, you're jealous. How cute. ;)!
Socio wrote:Everything I do is serious.
Right. So How's that catch up going?
JB wrote:It may look like a sudden change of heart, but you'll note that I found NS scummy yesterday too.
Seeing how you voted like half the players yesterday and was on every possible wagon, that's not exactly a solid defense to me.
Spy wrote:Additionally, I would like to reiterate that I, if wrong, handed the scum a real strong position tomorrow... and only got the tiniest of nibbles.
As much as I'd love to jump the wagon, this is some fine tuned wifom.

In any case. I have midterms/a ridiculous load of essays to do. Also, I will be gone all weekend (Friday to Sunday) so an official
V/LA till Sun
. I'll probably still be able to post from now till Friday but yea, just a warning ahead of time.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Nikanor 439 wrote:Speaking of scumhunting, I haven't seen any from jb in a really long while.
I have noticed this as well. I've got a nice and warm spot on jbern's wagon once you're ready, Nikanor. :D

---
jbern 440 wrote:Sure.
In order from scummiest to least scummy:
NobodySpecial
DragonFly
RedCoyote/Sucrose (about equal)
I don't know how it's even possible that Dragonfly moved above me (unless you're taking a page from Sucrose XD).

---
Spyrex 441 wrote:Hmmm.
Hmmm what?

The first post refers to SSSS, not Deer.
Spyrex 441 wrote:Yes, the two "town" flips weren't on that wagon. One of said "town" flips was the point of the wagon.

So, realistically, we're looking at fitz. Who, if one took the most direct "why fitz?" mentality it points squarely at dragonfly. Not a function of not being off the wagon.

Further, this is all under the supposition that the kill was a function of the position on the wagon. Which, well, woosh.

Now, if you came out
tomorrow
after another set of kills there might be something worth while to look at in that data pattern. As it sits, all I'm concerned about is that it looked and felt like a normal scum-split.
I'll be blunt about it, Spyrex. If you actually believed this nonsense, that we should ignore voting patterns and wagons until tomorrow, then you wouldn't be on me. You should be voting NS. Or Nikanor. Or even Sociopath. I know you suspect Nikanor, and you definitely suspect NS. If you are so certain that the SSSS wagon was a pure as you think it was (and if it wasn't pure then you'd have no reason to argue with me), then NS should be a slam dunk. Right?

But you're not voting NS, and that's what makes all of this a facade. Rest assured if I was a Vig I would've put a bullet in your head days ago.
Spyrex 441 wrote:I am not WF. We shared the same slot. I am not WF. If you are going to have the stones to go "well, WF suspected X and you don't" as some kind of rosetta stone I can't help you.

Deer's hammer was "welp, dragonfly came in, so rzhang isn't scum, so hammer".

I'm not trying to "equate" anything. I'm saying, very specifically, you're using a whole lot of dissonance to parse this out.
You're the one who's trying, in your lovable Spyrex way, to besmirch Deer. When I joined this game, and you even quoted it earlier in this post, I challenged the accepted notion that Deer was a problem in this town rather than one of the better players (a notion which you helped construct, I might add), and both chau and jbern have since put that notion to rest, or at least tapered it down considerably.

I know you're not wf, but don't act as though you are a clean slate. You're not and I'm not. Your position on SSSS is less honest than Deer's was, and I think that can easily be shown.
Spyrex 441 wrote:Woe, alas, my excuses for ??? and my halftruths about ??? are undone. Yet, apparently I am protected by an impenetrable shield that warrants
not even voting for me
your #1 A++ suspect.

Whereas, I am going to push hard. And try to get this to gain traction. And, if I can't, I'm going to look again real, real hard at whats going on and push from there.

I'm really not stoked with how much fragmentation there is right now.
I would vote you in a second if I thought any player besides you, me, and Dragonfly was bothering to read all of your spin for the nonsense it is. That said, and I love how you completely ignored this, jbern is a very worthy wagon as well.

I mean, go read Nikanor's post 439 if you think I'm joking. "I'm just too busy so... you are both neutral! <3" As I said, I'm realistic. I think you realize this too, the situation we're in. We're both going back and forth, on a different level from the rest of the town, and that's almost always a recipe for indifference. The conclusion is neither of us will be lynched, although there's nothing I'd want more than the scumSpyrex from Morning People Mafia trophy on my wall.
Spyrex 441 wrote:Why is that?
Because I'm town, silly.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by SocioPath »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
Socio wrote:Everything I do is serious.
Right. So How's that catch up going?
I am actually 99% illiterate, so I base 99% of everything I do on avatars only.
Reading though those took me a solid 21 minutes.
So who needs to catch up?
I already caught scum.
You really need to learn how to play more efficiently.

SCUMHUNT SMARTER, NOT HARDER.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

RedCoyote wrote:
I don't know how it's even possible that Dragonfly moved above me (unless you're taking a page from Sucrose XD).
Dragonfly didn't move up per se, you moved down...
0/2
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 am

Post by SocioPath »

Alright, I took some reading classes.
So now I have a little more to go on.
Unvote

Luckily for me some of my top suspects have been taken care of for me.
So that just leaves me with a scumteam of:
RC and NS.
Whelp, that was a fun game. Time to conclude.
Which to vote though.
I'll flip a coin.
1 is RC
2 is NS
Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum