Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How do you find his lurking play in relation to your own?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Pomegranate wrote:
Kthxbye wrote:
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

[...]

lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
So was it a gambit or do you really have no reads?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer my question first. Cuz I asked it first. You clearly contradicted yourself in the segments that I quoted in 668.
Well, clearly you or I don't know what the meaning of a contradiction is. I fail to see where I had no reads. I would say it was 50% gambit to see if someone would slip up and a: not read but skim things (scummy) and b: if they would put someone at L-1 without just cause just to get me to hammer them.

Seeing as deadline is now less than 24 hours away and I can't garauntee that I'll be here when it comes to hammer the next L-1, I'm going to just vote for the person who I feel at this juncture is the scummiest.

Vote: Pom

I would ask that you now answer my p669 but I don't think you will and it's more rhetorical to make a point anyway.

Color me surprised if we get an actual lynch today.../sigh
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
Kthxbye, where did I say this? I said I might be up for voting TCC, that's the closest thing I can see to what you're saying.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:How do you find his lurking play in relation to your own?
He's made two posts, each of which wwas 3 lines long, and basically only mantioned TCC. I think that I'm unquestionably providing more content.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Kthxbye wrote:Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
So if someone gets to L-1, he/she must be scummy to have gotten there, and therefore worth your voe? That's basically what scum want: Vote whoever has the most votes (other than scumbuddies), to get a townie lynch, and appear townie. This is not a pro-town approach to the game.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Pomegranate wrote:He's made two posts, each of which wwas 3 lines long, and basically only mantioned TCC. I think that I'm unquestionably providing more content.
Do you think his play has been scummy?

You seem to be voting him because he's lurking (unarguably true) but haven't really said why you think he is scum. If you feel lurker = scum then why are you playing in a scum-like manner? If you do not feel this why are you voting CSL?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thor665 wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:He's made two posts, each of which wwas 3 lines long, and basically only mantioned TCC. I think that I'm unquestionably providing more content.
Do you think his play has been scummy?

You seem to be voting him because he's lurking (unarguably true) but haven't really said why you think he is scum. If you feel lurker = scum then why are you playing in a scum-like manner? If you do not feel this why are you voting CSL?
Well, I guess it is partly for lurking. That player slot has made 13 posts all game.

I also don't like the little that CSL has said. He voted TCC before reading the entire thread, and has yet to give a read on any other player.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Voting...hammer...is there that much of a difference that you couldn't understand the purpose behind the post (obviously not, see below)? If there is, is hammering TCC for example, something you wouldn't be willing to do but voting is something you would do? If so, why only vote but no hammer?

To be honest though, that was just a typo...but it's interesting you reacted that way.
Pomegranate wrote:
Kthxbye wrote:Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
So if someone gets to L-1, he/she must be scummy to have gotten there, and therefore worth your voe? That's basically what scum want: Vote whoever has the most votes (other than scumbuddies), to get a townie lynch, and appear townie. This is not a pro-town approach to the game.
you totally missed the point of that entire post...
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sotty7 wrote:
RayFrost Post 661 wrote:Scotty, why the lack of proper grammar / sudden cessation of finding me scummy?
You can blame the grammar on my dyslexia, but this is pretty funny seeing as you couldn't even get my SN right.

I never said I didn't find you scummy. Your still on my list, Pom is just doing a great job of overshadowing you.

Also, how exactly are you looking for Pom's supposed partner(s)?
Well then, the joke is even funnier. Besides, you are and always will be known as scotty to me.

Do you have any new evidence against me, or is all of your evidence old news?

I'm reading people's pressure on Pome for whether or not they are doin' it for real or something else.
don't you feel silly now?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm bored....let's lynch Pom now please
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Copper »

I'll have to echo Zorblag in regards to Pomegranate. She is very probably scum lynch bait, but a Pomegranate lynch is much better than a no-lynch. With twelve or so hours to deadline - and those hours including the low activity period of night in the United States - we have frighteningly little room to maneuver.

unvote, vote: Pomegranate
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

At this point a Pomegranate lynch do be the pretty clear alternative to a no lynch and clearly it be the better choice. Troll believes Troll's vote makes this L-1 and that there be just about exactly 12 hours to go now.

@Thor665, Troll's preference for CSL was based on the timing of his TheCheshireCat vote and the timing of the Pomegranate wagon. It no was a hugely strong preference but the convenience factors seemed to indicate that it was a slightly better way to go.

Unovte. Vote: Pomegranate

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm heading out Saturday morning, so while I might be around and posting a bit tomorrow there's a good chance most of my time will be burnt on other projects. As such, I am offering up some "last" thoughts since I won't be around for the start of Day 2 till I return April 4th (and really probably April 5th for posting, depending on how much I'm Jonsing for Mafia).
Copper wrote:we have frighteningly little room to maneuver.
Your last few posts included concern of the 'rush' attitude on recent wagons. Now you chide us for not getting stuff together in time (this one at least I agree with). I just find the two concepts in juxtaposition as they are to be unclear. The fact that you feel we have so little time to maneuver but sat on a single vote wagon and weren't here trying to sell it more makes me question why you're complaining now.

We are partly in this unhappy situation because CSL, Cheshire, and Henry Hathaway have all flaked/active lurked out of the equation and also because not enough of the active players decided to get gnarly about it.

@Kthxbye - you missed/avoided the question from earlier, but allow me to just go ahead and offer my thoughts on this. Unfortunately, as much as I would like it to be, poor reading comprehension is NOT a scumtell. just as poor logic and bad decisions can be done by town and scum alike, so can misreads, misunderstandings, and missing important notes.

Playing around with promised quick hammers as a method of scumhunting seems silly and strange and I do not support it. There are certain ways quick hammers can be useful or a tool, but to test reading comprehension for scum is not one of them.
----------------------------------------------------

For Day 2 I am personally curious of the Kthx wagon since honestly I'm still not sure what the case is, I've asked a couple times, and no one has explained it. As far as I can tell (and I'll shamefully admit it got me a touch too) we all just reacted to Nobody Special's little fit at Ythan. Yeah, it was emotional - but what was scummy about it? Other then that there's Kthx's 'over-justification' and...? So basically it's a scumcase on overjustification and Locke was the one to bring that up and he was the
third
guy on the case.

I support the usual thoughts as far as checking people depending on how Pom flips. Her interactions with Ray and with Scrambles/Hathaway are of particular interest to me as far as information from the flip goes. This potentially feeds back into some of my reads on the Kthx wagon.

All of you who are town can also try to act less scummy, that would be of great help as well.

General Scumdar and reasons
(no particular order mostly because I've been too bewildered by all my choices);
I am not fond of Hathaway, but shall admit most of it is for Scrambles' actions and also the interaction with Pom whom I find scummy. I think a lot of Hathaway has been newb reads, and unfortunately that extends to this sudden disappearance after promise of offering thoughts. If Pom flips scum I consider this a high priority. If Pom flips town and Hathaway sudenly reappears then I advise more pressure on Hathaway for his actions and disappearance.

Ray hasn't done anything that is scummy particularly, however he has hardly been helpful to town either. The best theory I had to explain his actions I feel loses its justification once we are in Day 2 (frankly I felt it lost its justification by halfway through Day 1, but that's perhaps forgivable). If his play does not improve and he continues in his current methods I become more suspicious of him.

I am confused by Locke, but will admit to positive feelings towards Ythan's play (especially the period around when he suspected he was to be lynched). Locke has not earned such energy from me so has (like a bum) dragged this slot back down to middle of the pack for me. If I am alive tomorrow I shall definitely be working hard to keep him talking and explaining much more then he has.

Kthxbye feels newb to me. As with Hathaway, he might be scum but I am having a hard time working through the newb tells to discern that. I want to hear the case on him.

CSL...I dunno. His first post I have no real issues with except for the fact he then went uber lurky (if he had been more active it would have made much more sense). His second post is terrible in my opinion. My gut read is anti-town, but I do want more from this spot.

Copper - hard to read, a bit good and a bit bad. I follow his logic on both the Ray and CSL cases but I'm not sure if I personally paint them in a town light.

Everyone else is varying shades of acceptable, though I think probably they (and I) have all been glossed over with a bit too much pro towness simply because we haven't flaked, haven't made any crazy accusations, and at least seem level-headed. If there are a lot of town players in my earlier list you owe it to your team to hunt a bit more and lurk a bit less.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Zorblag wrote:@Thor665, Troll's preference for CSL was based on the timing of his TheCheshireCat vote and the timing of the Pomegranate wagon. It no was a hugely strong preference but the convenience factors seemed to indicate that it was a slightly better way to go.
Just as far as the first point goes (TCC timing) doesn't that generally suggest either you're accepting them as scumbuddies or TCC as town for it to make sense?

If that's the case isn't it two scenarios of CSL as scum vs. one scenario of TCC as scum - which begs the question why favor TCC over CSL?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 1.16

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in my vote count - please point it out.

Pomegranate (6):
Sotty7, Thor665, Locke Lamora, Kthxbye, Copper, Zorblag
(Warning: L-1)

TheCheshireCat (2): charter, CSL
CSL (1): Pomegranate
Kthxbye (1): Henry Hathaway
Zorblag (1): TheCheshireCat

not voting: RayFrost
Last edited by Col.Cathart on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

charter as the only other active player that isn't Pom, you need to get in here and vote.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:Your last few posts included concern of the 'rush' attitude on recent wagons. Now you chide us for not getting stuff together in time (this one at least I agree with). I just find the two concepts in juxtaposition as they are to be unclear. The fact that you feel we have so little time to maneuver but sat on a single vote wagon and weren't here trying to sell it more makes me question why you're complaining now.
I'm not complaining, merely resigned. I would respectfully disagree regarding the CSL wagon: I feel that I have done the best job I could to sell it but, seeing as no one save Pom has chosen to join me (as well as CSL skipping out on the thread), I now have no choice but to join the only wagon that's happening today. I do think this wagon feels somewhat rushed and I'm not particularly confident it will hit scum, but I don't think it's a contradiction of these ideas to say that I nonetheless prefer this lynch to a no-lynch.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote Pom

Haven't had time to read, hope this is before deadline.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 1.17

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in my vote count - please point it out.

Pomegranate (7):
Sotty7, Thor665, Locke Lamora, Kthxbye, Copper, Zorblag, charter
(LYNCH!)

TheCheshireCat (1): CSL
CSL (1): Pomegranate
Kthxbye (1): Henry Hathaway
Zorblag (1): TheCheshireCat

not voting: RayFrost

The game enters twilight phase. You may still post until the lynch scene is written.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

The discussion was long, and very vocal. Some people were really aggressive in accusations, some took 'Sherlock Holmes' deduction approach... Some of them seemed like they really didn't even care.

Finally, with only few hours left to the end of the day shift, most of people were finally convinced of Pomegranate's guilt.

"You must be one of the Bazzani's (wo)men! You are only pretending you're looking for scum, but you are really doing nothing! You must have interest in us not finding out the truth!"
Shouted one of the more aggressive workers.

"Yeah, right..."
Pomegranate responded.
"Maybe you shouldn't assume so much. I want to find those mafiosi just as much as you..."
As she finished last sentence, she put her hand into a pocket inside her jacket.

"LOOK OUT!
She's trying to pull out a gun! Take her down!"

Suddenly, all of the people gathered in the room quickly jumped toward Pom, grabbed her and quickly immobilized.

"Now we have our proof! Prepare the noose. We'll have a lynch RIGHT NOW!"

"You're making a terrible mistake! That wasn't a gun. Let me go, I'm not the one you seek!"

But everyone already stopped listening to her. Few moments later, the noose was ready and angry mob silenced Pomegranate for good.

-------------------------------------------------

Hearing the giant ruckus, Cathart turned on the camera and appeared on the nearby screen.

"People!"
He shouted
"I appreciate all your eagerness to find the bad guys, but shouldn't you check the potential victim before killing him or her? I heard something about the gun in the pocket, can someone check it?"

"Sure thing boss!"
one of the lynch supporters responded.
"Here we have our proof, that she was a scum, here this...

Fruit... In the pocket?"

Silent whispers filled the room. This didn't look good at all. Finally, Cathart spoke again.

"Well... This doesn't look like killer's equipment. In fact, she looks like an ordinary worker to me. A
Vanilla Townie
if I may use other words. Well no matter. It's late already. As you can see from the map on the wall, there are some rest rooms, usually for clients from afar. Everyone should take a room, get some sleep, and hopefully we'll meet here tomorrow morning to further discuss the matter. Godspeed..."

----------------------------------------------

TL;DR version:

Pomegranate
was lynched. She was a
Vanilla Townie

Night 1 begins. You have 72 hours to send me your night actions. Scum my communicate again. The deadline is 29 March, 6 PM GMT +1.

Countdown

----------------------------

My patience is gone. Looking for replacement for CSL.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Fate agreed to replace into the game (not yet decided which role - I'll leave a note when he'll decide). Thanks, Fate!

Only one more...

No changes in the deadline for now.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Fate replaces CSL. Still looking for TCC's replacement.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Socrates replaces The Cheshire Cat. Thanks, Socrates!

In other news, deadline ends in 2 hours.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Night 1 ends.

As the new day came, 10 people suspected of being Bazzani men gathered in the conference room.

Wait, 10?

Even though it was already long since the meeting hour has passed,
Henry Hathaway
still didn't arrive. Finally after half an hour of nervous waiting, Cathart's face appeared on the screen, confirming the worst.

"I'm glad to see... Almost all of you today. I ordered my personal bodyguards to check all the rooms. We found
Henry Hathaway
's corpse in his room, with bullet hole in the back of his head. Looks like he was just a normal worker, another
Vanilla Townie
, who wanted to get some sleep. He never saw it coming. Now, I think you see now, how serious is the problem. I hope you'll have more luck with finding the mafia members today. Just as yesterday, I'll observe your movements and listen to all your conversations, so you won't break the company rules, but don't expect to see my face until dusk.

Godspeed..."

--------------------------

Summary:

Henry Hathaway
was shot. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Day 2 starts!

Votecount 2.0

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in the votecount, please point it out.

not voting (10):
Kthxbye, RayFrost, Sotty7, Thor665, Zorblag, Fate, Socrates, Locke Lamora, Copper, charter

The current deadline is on
Monday, 12th April at 6:30 PM GMT +1
Countdown

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh well. Bah. :(
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”