bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 am

Post by bv310 »

Incidentally, I agree to Fonz' contract. There's really no purpose to town lying. I'm gonna need a bit of clarification on the 2:1:1 though. I don't see how self-voting helps in that situation.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:45 am

Post by bv310 »

Missed these while posting.
The Fonz wrote:Is it your opinion, then, that that part of the game contained nothing that you could vote upon that would elicit more pressure than a random vote?
Not in particular. There were a few odd posts, but nothing inherently scummy.
Jack wrote:Since when does random voting induce pressure?
The RVS usually results in at least one scum slipping up and posting something odd. I also don't like discussing mechanics and setup during the actual game. Save it for MD. That's just my opinion though.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Jack »

bv310 wrote:Missed these while posting.
The Fonz wrote:Is it your opinion, then, that that part of the game contained nothing that you could vote upon that would elicit more pressure than a random vote?
Not in particular. There were a few odd posts, but nothing inherently scummy.
What are the post numbers of the "few odd posts"?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 am

Post by boberz »

I meant it is
possible
to active lurk in one post, not every off topic comment it active lurking. For example (an extreme case) say you are the third person to post and the other two have both provided content, if you then make a really big post that takes hours to compile, but every line is a joke then I would consider it active lurking. Town thrives on content.

My policy on lurking full stop is to stop it before it starts, so try to include everyone in the discussion and mention it if I see someone falling off their normal posting schedule. This means that when I first mention lurking of a player it is not always a scum factor for me.

---

Sorry Ythill I knew the rule just failed typing
vote: Deer
with the bold correctly as I have now done.

Hey guys, can we have reasoning with these votes otherwise the rest of us cannot understand your thinking.

---

I am a newb, but I hate people using it as an excuse so I rarely introduce myself as such. I try to emphasize my f2f games because i have played hundreds and a lot is transferable. (I accept not all)

---

Diacria why did you change your mind on me??? Against the grain of conversation if I may say.

---
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Diacria »

bv310 wrote:
The RVS usually results in at least one scum slipping up and posting something odd.
Examples please.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

bv310 wrote:Incidentally, I agree to Fonz' contract. There's really no purpose to town lying. I'm gonna need a bit of clarification on the 2:1:1 though. I don't see how self-voting helps in that situation.
End game. 2 town, one scum each from two different factions. A townie needs to be lynched, to raise the chances of the scum crosskilling resulting in a town win.

And generally, voting someone over something 'odd' elicits more pressure than random voting. Especially when you SAY that a vote is completely random. Then you're flagging up that it has no basis behind it, and guaranteeing that it won't generate pressure.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Diacria »

boberz wrote: Diacria why did you change your mind on me??? Against the grain of conversation if I may say.
---
Your overeagerbeaverness and tonality is blatantly town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

That last observation was fairly townish.

unvote, vote Deer
let's get our wagon on!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Jack »

unvote, vote:deer

Well spotted Fonz.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Diacria »

Unvote, Vote Deer
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Diacria, why are you voting Deer?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 am

Post by bv310 »

Diacria wrote:
bv310 wrote:
The RVS usually results in at least one scum slipping up and posting something odd.
Examples please.
Do you want examples of games or hypotheticals? Games-wise, the only concrete examples I have are ongoing games and offsite. Usually it's just a slight mixup in mechanics or a reference to something that shouldn't be known to town, like a townie talking about an SK or a Cult when that's not guaranteed by the setup.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Jack »

fos:fonz

Why are you questioning someone for joining your wagon? That doesn't make sense.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Diacria »

To get a wagon rolling.
Still have gut scumread on Dram and a wagon that way would be lovely too.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

It makes complete sense. Let the man answer the question, won't you?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

Diacria wrote:To get a wagon rolling.
Still have gut scumread on Dram and a wagon that way would be lovely too.
:goodanswer:
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:29 am

Post by boberz »

So you guys are voting Deer not because you have any new info, but you recognise that I have a small point and we need to put some pressure on?

But surely the three of you calling it a bandwagon, and talking about getting the game rolling reduces this slightly???

Oh well atleast it will get my question answered.

V/LA untill tomorrow about this time, soz but it will be daily posts most weekdays if I am honest.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

I don't know about anyone else, but as of right now i'm voting Deer because he's the most likely to be scum.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Okay, I'm here. Nice theory talk on Page 2, although I fail to see how you can scumhunt because of it... that seems like just a difference in playstyles, IMO.

The Contract: Sure, I'll agree to it. I'll even agree to D) No Lurking as best as I can... I'm usually on a few times a day at least, but as a Junior in HS, my life can be a living hell sometimes.

To answer the questions found on page 1:
How much mafia have you all played?
I have 2 completed games on this site, both resulting in losses. (I know, great track record, right?)
anyone have any opinion on fonz about the stuff he proposed in post 12?
I think it's an okay idea. It started discussion at least.

Right now there's only 1 thing that's really sticking out to me as scummy: Post 23.
sirdanilot wrote:I can behave authoritarian as damn well as I please. Explain to me how it is scummy. Now.

1. how is leading town scummy?
2. Yes I am sitting on the fence here. It's very early game and I am not too sure what to make of Fonz' post. To be honest I am more leaning null than leaning towards it being a scum tell.

3. I contributed much more than most people in this thread. I cannot 'scumhunt' when there's only one contentful post in the entire damn thread.
I almost see this as a bit of an overreaction. Number 3, however, was probably the only thing I found scummy in pregame. We're on page 1 in the confirmation stage, and you're claiming you can't scumhunt because only 1 other post contained content that you could use? Seems odd to me.

Vote: sirdanilot
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Fonz

Fonz's contract is obviously useful, and everyone should agree to it. Town should not do anything on that list, ever. Really, it's all general information, but the fact that everyone agrees to it now will eliminate the possibility of town thinking that breaking the contract will help town (because it won't) and scum getting away with it later in the game.
The Fonz wrote:As for boberz, he kinda worries me in a 'little knowledge is dangerous' kinda way. He seems like the exact kinda player who might mess things up by trying something 'clever' and not thinking thru every possible consequence.
In what situation do you see boberz messing things up?

Jack
Jack wrote:
Diacria wrote:Oh, I got ninja'd
Jack wrote:I agree with sirdanilot. Given that the town can lose halfway through day 2 if enough things go wrong, we should make sure every lynch counts.
Jack, what you mean by the lose halfway through day 2 thing?
It was either in my pm or the OP.
Well, I just read the OP and didn't see anything there to indicate a town loss midway through D2 is possible - I wonder what your PM has to say on the subject?

FYI, I'm not considering this a scumslip. There is no way that Jackscum would let something this obvious slip on page 2. But I am curious as to what information you could provide town today. You reference the fact that we need to make every lynch count - were you given specific information related to scum team sizes, 3rd party roles, other killing roles, etc.? All of this would be beneficial to have out in the open now.

bv310

BV looks scummy thanks to post 76. He's almost willfully refusing to scumhunt by this point, actually stating that he prefers RVS to votes based off actual evidence, and then he says that he noticed some odd things, but still preferred to random vote. I am likewise interested to know what posts he found odd, because right now it seems like he's only going back and getting information when requested to do so, and providing the absolute minimum amount of information while flying under the radar.

Vote: BV

Deer

I approve of the Deer wagon as well. The switch from "It's impossible to scumhunt in the pre-game" to "The game has started, we can scumhunt now!", added to his continued refusal to do so is scummy. Not sure I want to climb on right now though, as quickly as the wagon grew.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Furcolow »

CCARaven4 wrote:
Vote: Ythill
seconded:)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by bv310 »

Nico, by "Odd", I meant "not something I'm used to seeing", not scummy. Way to misrep by saying I'm refusing to scumhunt though.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by boberz »

Anymore to say on the matter Furclow???
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by boberz »

Well you are now refusing to scumhunt BV, by the fact many asked you to and you didnt in your latest post.

I kind of think you an deer are scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

just finished reading the thread
i agree to the policy based upon roleclaiming, especially day 1. I am avidly against d1rcing.

i would really like to put the fos on sirdanilot. of all the people so far, he appears the scummiest to me as well. perhaps it is because i am about as new as horror, but i'm AT LEAST just letting you know that you have a very scummy vibe to you regardless of your affiliation.

deer would be my second candidate at the moment, and if voting for sirdanilot does not pick up traction or if he appears to be town in later posts, i will consider shifting my vote to someone else

vote: sirdanilot

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”