Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I sat on my own basin and drank our last warm beer. What the hell am I doing here? I wondered. I am a Doctor of Journalism and a Man of The Cloth. Why am I slumped in a bathroom at the Public Library at four o' clock in the morning? Drinking whiskey and smoking marijuana with a soul-dead convict who might be taken back to jail at any moment?

"What's your name?"
I asked him as he returned with a half-finished pint of whiskey in a brown bag.

"Andrew,"
he said.
"They call me Andy."

"Okay, Andrew,"
I said.
"Give me that whiskey and stand back. We are on the brink. Yes, I have an idea."

Vote Count 1-12
:

xRECKONERx ~ L-4 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, hohum, ekiM)

Jack ~ L-4 (Zachrulez, Jahudo, Sotty7)
hohum ~ L-5 (Percy, Jack)
Sotty7 ~ L-5 (xRECKONERx, Locke Lamora)
Jahudo ~ L-5 (Vi, ortolan)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is March 31 at roughly 3 p.m. (GMT -4).
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Vi »

Excuse me, Mr. RECKONER? What do you have to say about kyle's comment about never having played with you before as scum? *turns on tape deck*

Or for that matter, what do you think about
what I said about
kyle?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I mean, kyle did replace out of that game, so I doubt he cared to stay until the ending.

And I disagree that kyle is scum. I'd prefer to lynch Sotty or maybe hohum today.
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Vi »

xRECKONERx 29 wrote:
kyle99 wrote:
vote: xReck

Always up for voting him :P
@ekiM: I'm not straight edge. Not by a long shot. lrn2GD

Re: kyle99 - he wants to lynch me despite the fact that
I've lead wagons on him as scum more times
than I have as town.

Unvote; Vote: Kyle99
When was this?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think it was Mayor Mafia and one other one that I can't seem to remember right now. It's on my wiki page.
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Vi »

xRECKONERx wrote:I think it was Mayor Mafia and one other one that I can't seem to remember right now. It's on my wiki page.
Mayor Mafia, you mean the one where you were killed N2 and kyle99 was lynched D3? Meaning he saw you as scum in that game and most certainly knew you were scume, contradicting kyle #2.
(Also, Moai Interceptor Cannons is one of the most awesome names onsite.)

Incidentally, if kyle #2 was referring to never having been your scumpartner - another viable way to interpret kyle's post - I don't see how that would be relevant at all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Vi »

EBWOP:
Vi 305 wrote:Mayor Mafia, you mean the one where you were killed N2 and kyle99 was lynched D3? Meaning he saw you as scum in that game and most certainly knew you were
scumé
, contradicting kyle #2.
Fixed to what that word was absolutely supposed to be.~
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Jesus, this use of replacements is just Cowardly. hiding behind a tool that's merely supposed to be for game management, not strategy. Kill 'em all is my policy right now. I need to re-read the game and ISO our three chickens to see who looks scummiest of the trio, I doubt I'll get any new content up tonight, so I'd expect it tomorrow.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Percy »

kyle lied/forgot about not playing with xRx as scum. Doubly so. However, kyle is clearly a player who lurks, says stupid things and has to be replaced in many games, as both town and scum.

I think replacing out is a shitty thing to do, but I'm not sold on it being a scumtell, especially in this instance. I also think the "scumtell" is a weak excuse to do less scumhunting D1 from both townies and scum alike. It feels like some players have decided to say "whatever, let's just lynch someone who's not me because I'm active and they're not", and then immediately become far more inactive.

I'm not interested in going after lurkers unless I don't have other leads this close to deadline. I think lurkerhunting is way too easy to do as scum, and it gives us less material to analyse later (both in opinion analysis and vote analysis). I think lurkers should be handled with prods and replacements as much as by the playerbase, and anyone who puts a lot of emphasis on the playerbase-side is either lazy or scum.

Of the lurkers, I think the case against xRx is the strongest. I'm still willing to lynch him. I will of course vote for a lurker if there's a threat of No Lynch, but I think my hohum case is pretty good, and most of my points are standing without response from hohum.

I'd like to hear from kyle's replacement rather than lynch him at this stage. I don't have a read on kyle beyond VI.

I think it's strange that Vi admonished the town thusly:
Vi 212 wrote:"Town Fragmented And Useless; Petition Signed For Fewer, Larger Bandwagons", end quote.
...yet votes for someone without any votes on them two days later, four days before deadline. Also, the admonishment comes just after I first posted my case on hohum, and I thought it smelt a little like a chainsaw behind "Pro-Town Advice". I've already noted the interaction between hohum and Vi, and this isn't making me feel any better.
FoS: Vi
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:28 am

Post by ortolan »

Jack wrote:
ortolan wrote:
Vi wrote:
ortolan 288 wrote:I just isoed kyle, the only scummy thing I noticed is
kyle ISO 6 (to ekiM) wrote:You make some decent points on me,
Which is kind of a weird thing to say. I would like to see kyle's response to Vi's 284 though.
I would like to see your response to Vi's 284 and 287.
didn't want to prejudice his responses, br0. Of course now you're going to need to meta his replacement anyway.

Unvote
Vote: kyle
for what looks like tactical replacement.
fos:ortolan

kyle replaced out of another game with the same message...don't like your reaction.
sorry, I was not aware of this. Is he still in any other games as of now? What do you find scummy about my reaction?

Unvote
Vote: Jack

My preference is to lynch either Jack or hohum today. I could vote for either, and could see them both being scum.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Percy »

@ortolan
: You seem to have discussed the flinter/Jack slot only in this post and this post. The key note seems to be this:
ortolan wrote:I also can't shake the feeling flinter is just coming up with a convoluted excuse to vote someone who she thinks is an easy target (and conveniently avoid more populous/viable bandwagons).
So why doesn't this apply to your kyle vote? Or your Jack vote?
Have there been no developments in your case on flinter since you voted? No comment on Jack's play?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 am

Post by ekiM »

Just over two days until deadline, guys.

I forgot about Locke. I guess he's legitimately V/LA, but he's not interacted enough today.

I was feeling neutral about flinter, then she replaced out. That made her worse. I like Jack's play so far, though. So I think I'd rather not lynch that slot today.

xRx and kyle still both look bad to me. And Vi's recent posts have some interesting stuff on their interactions. I think of the two of them xRx is the far better lynch. Issuing that ultimatum then failing to replace out raises a red flag for me. He's played reactively all day, while still being in the thread quite often. Even though "he doesn't care about the game". Active lurking. Malicious. Our best lynch.

Kyle could've just been an uninterested VI, and he did replace out of another game too. Would love to hear from Jahudo.

Don't see a sotty or Percy case. If someone thinks there is one, summarize. I see the cases on hohum and on flinter's slot, but I don't think they're super strong. xRx is better.

Anyone actively opposed to an xRx lynch?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm here. Reading up.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:09 am

Post by ortolan »

Percy (310) wrote:So why doesn't this apply to your kyle vote? Or your Jack vote?
Not quite sure what you're asking here. I voted kyle because I believed him at the time to be seeking tactical replacement (which I must admit I myself tried to do in a recent ongoing game as scum. I wasn't able to replace out and got lynched). I was too lazy to exhaustively check if he'd replaced out of every game he's in, which I'm still wondering about (although now I've found out there's a tool that lets you look up user's posts even while post search is ostensibly disabled). I am still waiting for Vi (or someone else) to offer some meta on kyle, because I know Jahudo is frustratingly difficult to read if he is scum.

As for Jack, he's mainly been his wacky self but posts like "ortolan is tweaking my gut" often have a habit of tweaking
my
gut (when a "gut" read is stated without any explanation or contextualisation and I'm left very curious as to how it's come about). There's also the unexplained FoS on me (what came after it in his post is not what I consider an "explanation").

Of flinter I will say I definitely get the vibe that she very well *could* be scum- her posts suggest she is smart enough to make it difficult to immediately discern between her being scum and not being scum.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 am

Post by ortolan »

I can't find the post search utility now but feel free to report back to me Jack by good man

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Jack »

I often give unexplained gut reads orto. You'd rather lynch me over hohum (who you were voting before)?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Vi »

Percy 308 wrote:I think it's strange that Vi admonished the town thusly:
Vi 212 wrote:"Town Fragmented And Useless; Petition Signed For Fewer, Larger Bandwagons", end quote.
...yet votes for someone without any votes on them two days later, four days before deadline. Also, the admonishment comes just after I first posted my case on hohum, and I thought it smelt a little like a chainsaw behind "Pro-Town Advice". I've already noted the interaction between hohum and Vi, and this isn't making me feel any better.
FoS: Vi
At the time I said that, there were a lot of two-person and one-person bandwagons and everyone was split up doing their own thing, and I felt nothing was getting done. However, I thought I had come across a legitimate lie from kyle99, plus the wagon was directly tied to xRx (who had the largest bandwagon at the time), plus ekiM's support. In other words, it was a new bandwagon that had potential.

I understand that my moves today have made me look like hohum's partner. Oh well. After reading through hohum's posts, I don't know if he is actually scum or just crude and single-minded. I'm fairly confident in saying that hohum and xRx are not both scum, what with hohum's locked-on xRx vote.

ortolan's reasons for voting Jack are really not good. Jack most definitely explained that FoS, and at first blush that reason was valid - ortolan jumped on kyle99 for replacing out here, but Jack with the knowledge that kyle99 replaced out everywhere would see that the replacement was not as likely to be malicious, and therefore that accusation was more likely bogus. I have no interest in lynching Jack today and would actually prefer that everyone else didn't. I think the claim that flinter *could* have been scum would be giving her a bit too much credit for being cunning.

The Sotty7 wagon would almost be a thoughtful choice if it weren't for how the wagon isn't all that viable right now due to xRx and Locke Lamora not doing anything with their votes. A lot has gone on over the weekend and Sotty not being here to comment on it isn't helping her image - I know she may not be able to help that (for a few more hours at least) but I'm saying it so it's out there. The rest of the things I don't like include her hard push on Locke Lamora (which was in large part completely overblown) without particularly trying to convince anyone to join her. I do still agree with xRx that 190 felt like fluff, especially the last two questions. Her next post on flinter seemed like putting the punishment on a bad/inexperienced player, which is how I'm reading flinter anyway, and the rest seems like bullying her around. It's not often that I have to say I'm relying on intuition because I can usually clearly identify what I don't like, but there's something I can't put my finger on about her that I feel isn't genuine.

After some reading, I think I'm going to flop on xRx. I did think his early posts were more likely to come from misunderstood Town, and he's not really playing at all like he did in his two very recent scum games. I'm willing to believe that xRx and kyle share the same alignment, and for purposes of today's lynch I'll put him down where flinter was - less likely scum so much as a giant target and arguably a liability. If that giant target gets lynched, I don't think I would gain but hopefully others (in the Town) will.

I think it would be easier for me to make a decision about xRx by looking at Jahudo, who had best tread carefully and come out with a post Really Soon Now. While it's certainly possible that kyle's lie was unintentional, etc., I'm not quick to consider that route. I would rather lynch kyle than xRx, but that's not happening Today.

DDD is hopping wagons like crazy and just told me in a no-longer-ongoing game that that's what he does as scum (and possibly D1 as well). This is simply a call-out not to let him continue this through D2.

ortolan has been playing what seems to be a very passive game so far, and he's found easy reasons to be on easy wagons all the way down (as evidenced by 313 in particular, but read for yourself!).

---

The only one of the four wagons going on right now that I particularly like is Sotty7, and that's where I'm going to vote. If I had to vote a different existing wagon, it would be hohum. If an ortolan wagon came up, I would consider that too. DDD is better left until D2 IMO.

Unvote: kyle99
Vote: Sotty7
(L-4)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

FTR, That other game Flinter is in she has not yet replaced out in, and actually posted there after replacing out here.

Which is just further fueling my suspicion that she just couldn't take the heat.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vi Post 262 wrote:It's kind of hilarious that people are linking Sotty and Zach, unless I have the mafiascum family tree wrong. [/offtopic]
It is pretty funny really. Zach and myself are married and on top of that have played a ton of mafia games with each other so we're going to be linked. We have a lot of meta to work with and right now I just feel Zachtown. Doesn't mean I'm not going to push him, but it does mean I am going to call out BS attacks when I see them. flinter's was a prime example of a complete tosh case.

Of course abuse of meta and all that, he
could
be playing me, but I don't think so.

flinter is still playing in one other game at the moment but she isn't posting much, seems to be busy with school. Still she chose this game to leave there has to be a reason behind that. Now this “replacing out =scum” is somewhat weak seeing as her activity is low else where so I am going to leave that.

I still think that her push on Zach was awful. Considering her Kyle case was quite a bit stronger I have no idea why she would abandon it.

I am going to need to go back and re-read the whole Ort/Hohum/Percy interaction and get it straight in my head. I will get that done by the end of the day.

Can't say I am against a Reck lynch, I just think Jack is more likely to result in a scum flip.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Zachrulez wrote:FTR, That other game Flinter is in she has not yet replaced out in, and actually posted there after replacing out here.

Which is just further fueling my suspicion that she just couldn't take the heat.
She posted that she had issues with school. You're reaching.

I also see a Vi wall I need to read.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Sotty7 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:FTR, That other game Flinter is in she has not yet replaced out in, and actually posted there after replacing out here.

She posted that she had issues with school. You're reaching.

I also see a Vi wall I need to read.
Yeah, but she posted to stay in that game here. In this game, she never bothered to give a reason why she replaced out. She was into the game defending herself one minute, and then the next, she just wanted out... and she was MORE into this game than she seems to be in the other one, so the progression from that to replacing out just doesn't make any sense to me.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Sotty7 wrote:
could
Which is a funny thing for you to say, because you generally tend to post something like this when you are scum to keep the door for Zachscum open just a crack. When you're town, you generally don't cast this kind of doubt on your reads of me.

Also, I can count on a hand with exactly 0 fingers the number of times I have actually been able to successfully play you as scum.

On the other side of the coin, the number of times you have played me as scum... well, the number's a lot higher than 0.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not the type of player to gather a bandwagon to my cause by pressuring others unless I am utterly convinced I have scum or the deadline is coming, just my style. I don't think I bullied flinter, I wanted her to explain herself better and actually reason her cases. She did start painting me as someone who was pushing her too hard by saying things like "you just think I suck" etc. But I wasn't treating her any differently from anyone when I push them.

Locke's vote on me in my opinion is poorly reasoned. Reck hasn't even bothered to ask me one question or push me in anyway. If you actually have a question or something you want me to explain Vi then put it out there. Otherwise there is little I can do but ignore your push like I have with Locke and reck.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Zachrulez Post 321 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
could
Which is a funny thing for you to say, because you generally tend to post something like this when you are scum to keep the door for Zachscum open just a crack. When you're town, you generally don't cast this kind of doubt on your reads of me.

Also, I can count on a hand with exactly 0 fingers the number of times I have actually been able to successfully play you as scum.

On the other side of the coin, the number of times you have played me as scum... well, the number's a lot higher than 0.
That was a counter to someone who was bound to say "Zach could be abusing his meta"

I'm not going to come anywhere near voting for you today, you're my strongest town read at this point.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I can think of one game you fooled me but that was like two years ago (?) and a game were I was a jester and busy doing my own thing. But yeah I tend to bust you pretty hard, you're right about that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”