Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Please excuse the long post. Rest assured that if I hadn't had replaced in, I don't think it would need to be this long. Unfortunately I think that until all the replacements get situated in their positions, we're effectively playing two games for the price of one: One game between all the replacements, and one game between all of the people that were replaced.

---
Sucrose 391 wrote:On the other hand, I've seen bizarre, WTF actions by people who have flipped town too. I don't see those D1 comments as good enough to solely base a lynch off of.
I agree with you in the sense that if it was just a couple of scummy comments wf made before he replaced out, then that's little to go on. I guess what puts it over the top for me, is that Spyrex was on the SSSS wagon. That's the kicker, Sucrose, and you can break it down with me.
Mod 313 wrote:
Dragonfly13(3): havingfitz, Nobody Special, smashbro_of_the_SSSS,
smashbro_of_the_SSS(6): Sucrose, chauchaudotcom, jbernier93, Dragonfly13, SpyreX, Deer
Nobody Special(2): TeWuicah, peanutman
Let's both go from the starting point that there is at least one, and there's a good possibility there is two, scum on the SSSS wagon, okay?

Let's throw out you and Deer, because I know I am town, and I feel okay about you for the moment. Let's throw out chau, because I think we both feel okay about her.

Who does that leave?

jbern, Dragonfly, and Spyrex.

Of those three, who do you think is most likely to be scum?

I think, personally, it is Spyrex, then jbern, then Dragonfly, in that order.

That's how I got to my conclusion, Sucrose. I feel very confident that if we lynched Spyrex or jbern, we'd be making progress.
Sucrose 391 wrote:What do you think of Nobody Special? Do you think him and Jbernier are in an either/neither situation?
I'm not sure what an "either/neither" situation is, but I would say NS is probably 4th most scummy at this point. The worst thing I hold against him is his excuses for lurking D1. Nikanor has been doing pretty good so far, so it's getting more difficult to for me to hold her accountable for Te. I definitely think jbern and Spyrex have a significant edge over NS though. The town usually does very well if they don't ignore wagons and lynches, those are among the best tools a town has at its disposal.

---
Spyrex 392 wrote:The idea of "I'll eat my hat" if this happens is an expression of confidence. One that, of course, I see used all the time right or wrong. If anything, vehemence in that day 1 wagon strikes me as townish versus scummy.
I'm not taking it literally of course, but how sure can you be on D1, with no flips, no lynches, no investigations, and no role claims? There's a difference between now and yesterday.
Spyrex 392 wrote:And, we're running into the classic part of the Sins of the Father. If you're confident wf is scum you have to be confident I am as well. However, when I'm attacked on the basis of my predecessor I'm put in that awesome position of being unable to elucidate or defend behavior
I have not committed
I'm going to expand on this later in this post, but, as I've already told you, SSSS' wagon is what sets you apart. You couple the SSSS vote with wf's play, and you have a recipe for potential (notice I put the word potential in here, chau, so now you can rest easy) scum.

The same goes for jbern.
Spyrex 392 wrote:Having the most voters is backwards unless you think there is a 2 split. Otherwise, with the other business going on, this seems like justification-after-the-fact for having a basis to vote me.
The more I think about this, the more I understand where you are coming from. Do you think it's more advantageous to lynch from Te, NS, and peanut then? I think I can mull that over at the very least, because there is a logic to that. Still, if you want to break it down to the raw numbers, a 2/5 chance is better than a 1/3 chance.

I think a 2 split is more likely than a 1:1:1 split or a split with just one scum on SSSS.
Spyrex 392 wrote:However, I wasn't the one saying it was a good lynch (justifying your replacements position on it) and then attacking the lynch itself as scum driven.
Well, whether or not it was scum driven is yet to be seen. I don't know if the most active proponents of the SSSS lynch (namely jbern, Sucrose, and chau), are more or less likely to be scum than those that "went along for the ride" (namely you and Dragonfly).

Maybe we just have a politcal disagreement, but I tend to think you're just trying to throw dirt on the prospect of using the SSSS wagon as the tool that it is.

Let's lay our cards on the table,
how many gambling idioms do we know of?
the reason you picked NS, Deer, and Te is purely based on lurking, is it not? Do you honestly think that is a more acceptable paradigm to lynch on?

---
Dragonfly 393 wrote:I had a bit of a weird vibe from that chau post when I first read it, but I let it go because the rest of her play has been really precise.
I feel the same, but I gather it's more a political disagreement I have with her. Besides, I don't really see a scum reason to hold back on lynching SSSS at that point.
Dragonfly 393 wrote:Do you think Deer was also guilty of only posting when necessary?
Well, there's a couple of things about this. Deer's townmeta seems to be inactive (I don't know if his scummeta speaks to this). Moreover, I really do think Deer's questions, as few as they were, made much more of an impact than jbern, NS, and to an extent Te as well. jbern is essentially tunnelled on SSSS, NS makes a post every now and again to excuse himself for real life issues, and Te, although I really liked some of his earlier play, was caught in some nasty contradiction mid-day that basically muted him from that point on. Deer pressured multiple people and he asked questions as opposed to complaining about other people lurking. What more can you ask of a town-sided player?
Dragonfly 393 wrote:Though I like the 2nd above quote, and I'm interested in the response. I like that RC also pointed out the first.
Come on, Dragonfly. You don't really like the second quote, do you? Do I really need to walk on eggshells around everyone? Can y'all really not handle me saying "Player A is scum because" without automatically assuming that I am saying that Player A is "caught" scum? I never implied that about anyone. I like to be forceful about my suspicions and explain them as honestly as I can. For the record: No one is caught scum. I do not think anyone is 100% certain scum or 100% certain town (except for myself).

I can't believe I have to say that.
Dragonfly 393 wrote:Should you add JB in there? Or is JB just kinda scummy anyway?
Well, it's more a play on what Spyrex said earlier. He said that he is positive there is one scum between me, Nikanor, and NS. I told him switch out my name with his and I will agree with that statement.

I do think jbern has a fair chance at being scum as well.
Dragonfly 393 wrote:Deer's ISO 20 is a response about wf, but he doesn't actively share his opinions on wf at the time of the wagon. What do you have to say about this, red? You say wf's wagon appeared a bit like he was scum because his scumbuddies were taking too long to jump on, or something. So would Deer fit into the role of wf-scumbuddy in this case?
I wish I would've been here to tell Deer to jump on wf. XD

Seriously though, I know Deer overlooked wf. I also know that most of the town unintentionally overlooked him. That being said, I think certain players in this game may or may not have had an active role in steering the attention away from wf and putting more on SSSS, nzhang, or even NS. That's not to say these parties didn't deserve to be scrutinized, but, like, what did jbern have to say about wf? Nothing so far as I can tell.
Dragonfly 393 wrote:I want to see more of what Spy and JB have to offer.
You and me both. jbern is in full defensive mode at this point, essentially not really giving the town any offense or putting himself out there in any sort of opinionated fashion. He's hanging back and swatting at anyone who questions his motivations yesterday. Spyrex, to his credit, has done okay to get on chau, jbern, and peanut's good side, and is playing like you would expect someone who won a "Most Improved" scummy to play. He can't speak for wf though, and I guarantee you that if Spyrex were in your shoes, or mine, he'd be calling out that role slot both for wf's play and for Spyrex's participation on the SSSS lynch.

---
jbern 398 wrote:That would be the player I'm voting... Deer was scummy and RC hasn't done anything townie enough to make me move my vote.
"Deer was scummy".

Is that all you're banking on? Why don't you try actually engaging me. Even if you don't want to argue about my contributions, I'm willing to argue about Deer. I know I replaced Deer, but I honestly also think he's gotten a bad rap. If we're going to lynch based on D1 actions, then you, Spyrex, or Nikanor need to eat the lynch today.

---
chau 399 wrote:How do you pressure someone who has disappeared? That's essentially a waste of time. And I do believe at that time I was asking wf questions (along w/ others) and fingers were being pointed in his direction. Would you not call that an attempt to pressure? But since wf didn't exactly come back to comment on anything it's rather difficult to pursue any further until replacement right?
I respect that, but many of the players didn't seem to have that problem with rzhang. I guess what worries me is that Spyrex came in and it was as if the slate was wiped clean. Yeah, you pushed on him a little, but once he left you and everyone else seemed to take it as an excuse to drop him.

But to be fair, there were plenty of other targets to set your sights on as well. XD
chau 399 wrote:You can look at my reasoning for my vote on Deer, I think I made it pretty clear. His was pretty set on rz all day but his switch to SSSS was too convenient and too abrupt. But his complete avoidance of this game d2 is what threw me over the most.

As for rz, I felt he was frustrated town from the beginning. And NS? Honestly. He's just too absurd for me to believe he's scum. ESPECIALLY his case on JB. JB = scum because of gut? Really? Scum have all night and all day to think about cases to push d2. Plus they get the added bonus of discussing with their buddy (or buddies) =/ To fall back on jb being scum because of gut? It's just too obvious of a fail.
Well, I would argue that Deer was one of the few players advancing this game on D1 (You, Deer, and Sucrose were the posts I liked reading at the beginning of the day, then when Dragonfly and Spyrex came in most everyone else started to really get it into gear), but I can't speak for Deer's D2 absence other than to say in the only other game I've played with Deer he was prone to long strings of inactivity.

NS' entire game so far has been basically open to interpretation. Excuses and vauge generalities. The only think I can really pin NS to is his suspicions of jbern, but even that didn't feel genuine. As far as nzhang goes, and I think this may partially speak to your discord on Deer as well, I really didn't care for him. I didn't care for him or fallen. Dragonfly as done okay, and peanut has too (to a lesser extent), but none of them really compare to wf.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

red wrote:I'm not taking it literally of course, but how sure can you be on D1, with no flips, no lynches, no investigations, and no role claims? There's a difference between now and yesterday.
Rock hard sure. Sometimes wrong, but rock hard sure. Hell, committal versus not is always a plus.
red wrote:I'm going to expand on this later in this post, but, as I've already told you, SSSS' wagon is what sets you apart. You couple the SSSS vote with wf's play, and you have a recipe for potential (notice I put the word potential in here, chau, so now you can rest easy) scum.

The same goes for jbern.
This really is what seals the deal with my issues though.

SSSS's wagon you've said was a "good one" - which, yea, I agree with. So, there's not a position to argue from there.
WF is sins of the father. So, again, there's no position for argument.

So, ultimately, you've setup a "case" that I can't attack. Because, the one avenue of attack you've on one hand said was "good" and on the other I'm scum for. And the other half is something that is impossible to parse.

Ready for this? WF played a scummy game. I would have lynched him. Yep.

I would have been wrong.
red wrote: The more I think about this, the more I understand where you are coming from. Do you think it's more advantageous to lynch from Te, NS, and peanut then? I think I can mull that over at the very least, because there is a logic to that. Still, if you want to break it down to the raw numbers, a 2/5 chance is better than a 1/3 chance.

I think a 2 split is more likely than a 1:1:1 split or a split with just one scum on SSSS.
If you think its 2/5 then it is absolutely a better call. I'm not at that point yet. 1 for sure, 2 is iffy (see today).
red wrote:Well, whether or not it was scum driven is yet to be seen. I don't know if the most active proponents of the SSSS lynch (namely jbern, Sucrose, and chau), are more or less likely to be scum than those that "went along for the ride" (namely you and Dragonfly).

Maybe we just have a politcal disagreement, but I tend to think you're just trying to throw dirt on the prospect of using the SSSS wagon as the tool that it is.

Let's lay our cards on the table, how many gambling idioms do we know of? the reason you picked NS, Deer, and Te is purely based on lurking, is it not? Do you honestly think that is a more acceptable paradigm to lynch on?
Its not "lurking", although that is a function.

It is nothing. Pure nothing. That is ultimately the amount of actual useful information that is there.

I guarantee. Guarantee
a town loss if those three are town.

Now, I doubt they are, but.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

Post by jbernier93 »

RedCoyote wrote:
jbern 398 wrote:That would be the player I'm voting... Deer was scummy and RC hasn't done anything townie enough to make me move my vote.
"Deer was scummy".

Is that all you're banking on? Why don't you try actually engaging me. Even if you don't want to argue about my contributions, I'm willing to argue about Deer. I know I replaced Deer, but I honestly also think he's gotten a bad rap. If we're going to lynch based on D1 actions, then you, Spyrex, or Nikanor need to eat the lynch today.
I've explained why I thought Deer was scummy when I voted him. Again, you haven't done anything particularly townie... thus, my vote remains on you.

V/LA until Tuesday
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Okay. Assuming the deadline is the 29th, we have three days people. I'd like to avoid a no lynch.

Mod: Can we please get a mass prod? For deadline sake? (mainly NS and peanut)
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Sucrose »

Aw Hell.
Mod, can we have an official votecount please?

For the record, I personally think it's more likely we have one rather than two scum on the SSSS wagon.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Nikanor »

RedCoyote (3): Chauchaudotcom, jbernier93, SpyreX
Nobody Special (1): peanutman
Peanutman (1): Sucrose
Dragonfly (1): peanutman
jbernier (1): Nikanor

I think that's correct. We haven't had a real vote count in four days, sooo...
*Punches mod* Get to work!

@Everyone: Can we please lynch one of jb/peanutman today? I'll go with peanutman, just because somebody is already voting him and because he's probably going to need a replacement anyway. At least jb is posting.

Unvote. Vote: peanutman.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Sorry for my absence -- I will have some meaty posting in the next hour (or so). Promise.

I know the deadline is soon; I will be more engaged with the weekend coming up.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
NS wrote:Just as a side note, I see that I was asked pointedly why I asked someone else what they thought of SpyreX's scumlist, but no one said anything when Dragonfly asked jbernier93 the very same question. Simply an observation.
Don't worry, I noted it. I just wanted to know your answer first w/o outside influences.

Also, why am I the only one you seem to have a read on? Everyone else you merely state their posting habits and stuff that we could easily note ourselves. Someone's being rather noncommittal.

Re-read my huge wall-o-text, please: there are reads on several players, not just you.
chauchaudotcom wrote:QUESTIONS FOR NS.

What led you to think dragon has good posting, particularly given you commented on him parroting? How did you feel about his predecessor?

Even though dragonfly was guilty of parroting and reguritating, he was at least trying, and was
here.
More than I can say for some other players... As far as my feelings on rzhang, I can't see how they matter so much now (I know, they do a little, but they aren't going to swing the game, right?) -- and besides, I've laid that case out already in D1.
chauchaudotcom wrote:You said peanut posts a lot and directs it at you. Is his tunneling of you suspicious?
I think so -- I'm going to have to re-read peanut if he isn't lynched today.

chauchaudotcom wrote:What posts lead you to think that Sucrose's thoughts are unoriginal and purely parroting? Can you give examples please?

Most especially, her iso #s 6 (1st part, not 2nd part), 9, 10, 14, 15, 17 & 19.

chauchaudotcom wrote:You criticize Te for being absent day 2 yet Deer has only posted once day 2. Why is it that you seem to think Deer's posts are strong yet Te's are not? (Te posted a lot D1 mind you).

First off, Deer has a total of 25 posts in this game and TeW had only 15. They've both been replaced, so those numbers won't be changing. I have a personal bias toward lurkers (ironic, I know) and Deer just seemed more strong a player simply by being here more.

chauchaudotcom wrote:Also, do you have a case on anyone OTHER then gut? Given that we're fifteen pages in it's hard to believe that the only thing you've got going out of everything is gut feeling.
I am currently looking very hard at peanutman and Nikanor in addition to jbernier93.

Nikanor wrote:I'm currently rubbing my bearded chin. It's about an inch long, and white. It's quite itchy as well, so I rub it a lot.
I have no idea what the hell this is, and given no further explication, I'm treating it as some form of either breadcrumbing (way to be too obvious, btw), or some sort of scumbuddy message. Comments, Nikanor?

I also am suspicious of Nik's humungous wall-o-text once she replaced in. I mean, I appreciate it, and the thought is nice, but in my experience scum tend to hide behind huge OHMYGODMYEYES walls that really say little if anything.

As scummy as I think Nik may be, we are in agreement about peanut and jbernier93. So, that means I think Nik may be pushing a buddy lynch, which scum wouldn't do but.... I HATE WIFOM STOP IT NOW

peanutman wrote:I don't wish to comment on everything that has happened in this game so far,
so as to not have a super long post
and because I've only read through the thread once. But I will gladly address any events/issues any of you would like my comments on.

Too late, bucko. See my comments about Nikanor, above.

Also, your (peanutman) tunneling of me is haphazard, at best -- I see you always talking about me, but it doesn't exactly
go
anywhere. I think you're trying to make a noise-based case simply by constantly mentioning my name (Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetl--- sorry, but you get the idea.)

Then there's this:
peanutman wrote:@NS, you've said that you didn't understand why I was targeting you mainly. Well, even though you said that you aren't purposely ignoring my questions, most have still gone unanswered, unacknowledged. But I won't pursue them, at least not right now, to avoid getting tunnel fever, but will take it all into account.
Nice try, but isn't ignoring points and not discussing them anti-town? If you have questions of me that I've missed, BRING IT. I am not afraid of questions,. No, not at all.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

......Aaaand I forgot to vote.

Vote: peanutman

peanutman, you're going to have to be extremely persuasive for me to move this vote.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:37 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

I change my mind. We should lynch NS today.

Unvote; Vote: Nobody Special
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Spyrex 401 wrote:SSSS's wagon you've said was a "good one" - which, yea, I agree with. So, there's not a position to argue from there.
WF is sins of the father. So, again, there's no position for argument.

So, ultimately, you've setup a "case" that I can't attack. Because, the one avenue of attack you've on one hand said was "good" and on the other I'm scum for. And the other half is something that is impossible to parse.
It's not my problem you were on the SSSS lynch, and it's not my problem that SSSS flipped town.

Even if all you said is true, that you can't defend yourself, the game is bigger than that. You're in stuck in neutral at the moment. I don't really see any forward progress coming from you, but I also don't think you're the most guilty of this.
Spyrex 401 wrote:If you think its 2/5 then it is absolutely a better call. I'm not at that point yet. 1 for sure, 2 is iffy (see today).
That's a bold prediction. It's bolder to err toward two scum off SSSS than two scum on it, you know.
Spyrex 401 wrote:It is nothing. Pure nothing. That is ultimately the amount of actual useful information that is there.
That hurts. And here I am going full force for you guys.

---
jbern 402 wrote:I've explained why I thought Deer was scummy when I voted him. Again, you haven't done anything particularly townie... thus, my vote remains on you.
Alright. If this is the attitude you're going to take to the game, full on defense, focused entirely on me, not interested in scumhunting, interrogating, or just generally trying to see any other point of view, then I can't imagine you are a townie. From my experience, scum have a greater propensity to say things like, "I already gave my reasons for X" or "Nothing has really changed since I last posted". You're just digging your heels in and crossing your fingers that no one will look at you, aren't you? Admit it. You have nothing to ask of Sucrose, NS, Spyrex, Dragonfly, anyone, because you already have it all in your head.

---
Surcrose 404 wrote:For the record, I personally think it's more likely we have one rather than two scum on the SSSS wagon.
Why?

---
Nikanor 405 wrote:@Everyone: Can we please lynch one of jb/peanutman today? I'll go with peanutman, just because somebody is already voting him and because he's probably going to need a replacement anyway. At least jb is posting.
I'd honestly prefer a
vote: jbernier93
at this point. jbern's posts, if you call them that, are crap. He's decided to take a V/LA until
after
the deadline, assuming the deadline is on the 29th as chau said.

He's kept his vote on me the entire day, he's refused to try and analyze the game beyond whatever notions he's carried over from D1, and he's not interested in helping the town. I think he thinks he can get away with it because, one, he thinks I'm tunnelled on Spyrex, two, he thinks he's in the "popular" group of players voting me, and three, he thinks NS and peanutman are currently lurking.

---
NS 407 wrote:I am currently looking very hard at peanutman and Nikanor in addition to jbernier93.
This sounds like filler to me.
NS 407 wrote: I mean, I appreciate it, and the thought is nice, but in my experience scum tend to hide behind huge OHMYGODMYEYES walls that really say little if anything.
Then I would guess me, Dragonfly, and peanutman are at the top of your scumlist?
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Sucrose »

chauchaudotcom wrote:I change my mind. We should lynch NS today.

I agree.
Unvote. Vote: Nobody Special
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

NS wrote:I have no idea what the hell this is, and given no further explication, I'm treating it as some form of either breadcrumbing (way to be too obvious, btw), or some sort of scumbuddy message. Comments, Nikanor?
Yes, I was breadcrumbing. I'm obviously
Gandalf the White.
I can turn people into frogs, which essentially treestumps them. I decided not to do it last night because I'M GANDALF AND GANDALF DON'T USE HIS MAGICKS FOR NOBODY!
Actually, I really was talking about my beard. My gender says female but in reality I'm male. Check out the face w/ a name thread if you'd like; my picture is posted there for all to see.
NS wrote:I also am suspicious of Nik's humungous wall-o-text once she replaced in. I mean, I appreciate it, and the thought is nice, but in my experience scum tend to hide behind huge OHMYGODMYEYES walls that really say little if anything.
Didn't you say you liked Dragonfly's textwalls?

Regarding DChau and Sucrose: I am asking myself why oh why are my town reads lynching my neutral reads? I'm not lynching or voting anyone but jbernier or peanutman today, even if it comes down to a nolynch situation. If you guys want someone to be lynched today, you're going to have to do things my way and vote for one of jbernier or peanutman. I'm not budging on this.

Also, I'm REALLY not liking how Sucrose just went from voting
for
peanutman to voting
with
peanutman. Sucrose, do you think that peanutman might be distancing himself from or bussing NS?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

@Mod (and all): I am going to have very limited net access tomorrow (Sunday), and then absolutely no access until Tuesday evening (Pacific time). My apologies!

Noted
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Due to V/LAs and two replacements, deadline is next Monday not this coming Monday. Vote Count didn't post for some reason, another one on the way.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Bump.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

NS wrote:I think so -- I'm going to have to re-read peanut if he isn't lynched today.
Woooosh. This does not spark those warm and fuzzy feelings.
Red wrote:It's not my problem you were on the SSSS lynch, and it's not my problem that SSSS flipped town.

Even if all you said is true, that you can't defend yourself, the game is bigger than that. You're in stuck in neutral at the moment. I don't really see any forward progress coming from you, but I also don't think you're the most guilty of this.
Its not really my "problem" either. Like I said, you push this through like this, take the bullet tomorrow. There'll be plenty of people around who will see it.

However, just so we're clear:
smashbro_of_the_SSS(6): Sucrose, chauchaudotcom, jbernier93, Dragonfly13, SpyreX,
Deer
Red wrote:Even though SSSS flipped town, SSSS really wasn't that bad of a lynch. I didn't care for his play much at all, but I didn't bother to really mark it down on account of him already having flipped.
And odd parallell, isn't it? For, if it is "my problem" because its such a bad thing well... you were there too. Ohh, but that wasn't you right? Yet, we see how you've approached me. Interesting conundrum. :P

I'm not spinning full engines but I'm sure as hell not in neutral. The nothing players contain scum (that, as we will see below, is the bold statement not the other).
Red wrote:That's a bold prediction. It's bolder to err toward two scum off SSSS than two scum on it, you know.
Why? With time as a factor and SSSS being "a good wagon" if I were scum (OHH SNAP) I'd stay off it. Doubly so because conventional attitudes would be there were two scum on the wagon.

Hmmm.
Red wrote:That hurts. And here I am going full force for you guys.
Sins of the Father is a bitch, isn't it.

Although, to be fair, Deer was nothing.

You've got a whole different set of issues. :)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sucrose! Answer my question, dammit!
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:35 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Mod: Can we prod Peanut please?

Already happened

Nika wrote:Sucrose! Answer my question, dammit!
Patience young grasshopper.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

Sucrose wrote:Aw Hell.
Mod, can we have an official votecount please?

For the record, I personally think it's more likely we have one rather than two scum on the SSSS wagon.
Any reason why you wanted to post fluff? Same goes for your post right before that one...
RedCoyote wrote:
jbern 402 wrote:I've explained why I thought Deer was scummy when I voted him. Again, you haven't done anything particularly townie... thus, my vote remains on you.
Alright. If this is the attitude you're going to take to the game, full on defense, focused entirely on me, not interested in scumhunting, interrogating, or just generally trying to see any other point of view, then I can't imagine you are a townie. From my experience, scum have a greater propensity to say things like, "I already gave my reasons for X" or "Nothing has really changed since I last posted". You're just digging your heels in and crossing your fingers that no one will look at you, aren't you? Admit it. You have nothing to ask of Sucrose, NS, Spyrex, Dragonfly, anyone, because you already have it all in your head.
I take issue with this. Your initial post seemed like you hadn't seen my reasons for voting deer. I'm not going to be redundant and repeat myself in a game with less than 20 pages so far.
And as for the rest of it... I'm playing the game how I've always played it: reading posts, responding to them when I have something to comment on, calling people out on/voting people for scummy things, and answering things directed in my direction.
RC wrote: I'd honestly prefer a
vote: jbernier93
at this point. jbern's posts, if you call them that, are crap. He's decided to take a V/LA until
after
the deadline, assuming the deadline is on the 29th as chau said.

He's kept his vote on me the entire day, he's refused to try and analyze the game beyond whatever notions he's carried over from D1, and he's not interested in helping the town. I think he thinks he can get away with it because, one, he thinks I'm tunnelled on Spyrex, two, he thinks he's in the "popular" group of players voting me, and three, he thinks NS and peanutman are currently lurking.
I apologize for planning a weekend-long trip where I wouldn't have internet access months before I even signed up for this game. I'm sorry that I enjoy scouting, camping, and traveling, and that I didn't think ahead enough to know that I'd be approaching the deadline in a mafia game. And I'm also sorry that I'm currently A) attending high school and B) need to attend an informational meeting for a trip to Europe next year tomorrow, chewing up most of my day tomorrow. From now on, I'll just schedule my life around mafia.

And the second paragraph is just dumb and stupid and stupid and dumb. Since when do you know my thought process? I have kept my vote on you the entire day because, surprise surprise, I've been happy with that vote. Accusing me of refusing to analyze the game is just wrong. I have been doing exactly that, otherwise why would I play mafia? You think I'm stupid? Or just that I don't understand mafia?
(tl; dr version: Screw you, RedCoyote!)

In other news, this:
chauchaudotcom wrote:I change my mind. We should lynch NS today.

is exactly how I feel. He was scummy day 1, and today has been making extremely general statements and backing off from every other thing he is attacked for. I especially don't like his ISO post 19 where he says "No self commenting." IMO, this is generally agreed upon to be either dumb or scummy... yet by saying that, it is clear that this entered his mind when he was making his post... but townies shouldn't be worried if they are saying something scummy, they know they are town.
unvote, vote:Nobody Special
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

As much as I dislike NS, the speed at which the wagon grew concerns me.

Especially JB's change of heart. What happened to your Dragonfly suspicions JB?

P.S.
NS is L-1.
If anyone quick lynches him before he gets back to claim I will keel you!
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Actually. I don't trust you lot. So..

Unvote
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

jb wrote:but townies shouldn't be worried if they are saying something scummy, they know they are town.
Untrue! Being mislynched for seeming scummy sucks, imo. If your statement were true, I could go around lying in every direction and not expect to be lynched for it.
DChau wrote:Patience young grasshopper.
Hey, I've been here longer than you. >_>
Anyway, want to join me on the peanutman wagon?
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Sucrose »

Gah. Why the vote switch to NS? Just because NS has been scummier in the last page or so than Peanutman. Granted, I still think Peanutman is pretty scummy, but NS outranks him at this point. Although with both Peanutman and Jbernier on an L-1 wagon, I am having second thoughts.

Anyway,
V/LA for the next two days.
Not going anywhere, just extremely busy.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Unvote. Vote: Sucrose.
Sucrose wrote:Just because NS has been scummier in the last page or so than Peanutman.
peanutman hasn't even
posted
in the last page or so. Do you not find lurking through a building bandwagon scummy?
Sucrose wrote:Granted, I still think Peanutman is pretty scummy, but NS outranks him at this point. Although with both Peanutman and Jbernier on an L-1 wagon, I am having second thoughts.
peanutman was there before you were. That's not to mention that your suspicions of NS have seemingly come out of nowhere. In the post where you vote peanutman, you mention something of peanut distracting votes from smashbro onto NS, which would be more of an anti-link than a link.
After your vote on peanutman, you mention NS in two posts, neither of which say he is specifically scummy. Then, a couple posts later, you say that NS is one of your top suspects? Talk about hopping onto a bandwagon.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”