mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Mindgamer wrote: @ Shadow Dancer
Why did you choose to roll a dice?

[...]

@ Jack
Dice rolling is completely useless? Do you not think that the decision to use a dice is in itself something from which we can substract information? I think scum is much more likely to use a dice than town.
What is more suspect in rolling a dice than doing some stupid reasoning like "vote greenindirt for having for his dirty nick" (or something like that). Very little information, most likely none, can be derived from it, anyways.

At least got a non random dabate started which might produce useful information.

/unvote

/vote Snow_Bunny

I think random stage is over. Tell me, what is your reason to vote Iec?

Vote Count
Shadow Dancer- Plum, Jack (L-5)
MindGamer- VasudeVa, Flava Flave (L-5)
VasudeVa- Bio Hazard (L-6)
Plum- Johoohno (L-6)
Johoohno- Mindgamer, Iecerint (L-5)
Iecerint- Snow_Bunny (L-6)
Snow_Bunny- Shadow Dancer (L-6)

With 12 alive, its 7 to lynch.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Jack »

At least got a non random dabate started which might produce useful information.
Scum love to say this :D
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

greenindirt wrote:I'm confused by what you mean by effective writing. I get what you mean, that you think I voted for wagon A over B for reason X, but I give the reason Y, ie.
I give a different reason than what the real reason was.
I'm confused over the definition you are giving to Y and X.
Lying is inherently anti-town.

Why would you lie to us?
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Iecerint wrote:That hurts my feelings. :(
Ah, come on! It's a friendly
bolt of judgement
vote!

@Shadow: Maybe the RVS was over for you, but I don't start a game without some randomness!
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I disagree @ SD. I've caught page 1 scum in my life. Seemingly trivial exchanges can sometimes indicate alignment if you get lucky. Still, I agree that the types of RVS votes you're describing are similarly anti-town, even if they're more normative than diceroll votes AFAIK.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Early read is Mindgamer -town (unless someone has meta on him which would indicate he's not very cautious, if at all, as scum).

I don't personally get a ring of scumminess/untruthiness/whatever with Green's first vote. That;s not reflective of Iec because that was before he got his Role PM; I also disagree that Jo was trying to frame his actions at scummy with the 34/36 thing. Read it as just trying to prod for any info that could be gotten in this stage.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ It's less the first vote than the subsequent explanation for said vote re: green.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Johoohno wrote:
@ greenindirt
: Is MindGamer your top suspect as of now?
No, merely an excuse for a wagon during the RVS. Seems we're heading out of it now and nothing will come of it, so:
Unvote
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
greenindirt wrote:I'm confused by what you mean by effective writing. I get what you mean, that you think I voted for wagon A over B for reason X, but I give the reason Y, ie.
I give a different reason than what the real reason was.
I'm confused over the definition you are giving to Y and X.
Lying is inherently anti-town.

Why would you lie to us?
You're definitely taking the bolded part out of context. I was restating what ice was arguing for (that I had lied) and then asking him to clarify. I'm still confused by why he thought I was lying, but doesn't matter anymore.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If there are obvious reasons to pick a preferred wagon, but you specify alternate reasons as the basis of your choice, the chance that the alternate reason is untrue is greater than the case where the obvious reason is the specified reason. That's the basis of the belief. Since scum are more likely to perceive motives to say untrue things than town, that scenario has a slightly highly prior probability from scum. That's the basis of the vote.

But I like Jo better, as you say. I also agree that SV is taking your comment out of context.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by greenindirt »

I really don't see how Vas calling MG a manipulative SOB makes MG the obvious wagon. I understand what you're saying now though, thanks for clarifying. A question then: Do you think Lynch all Liers is a good policy?

Where did I discuss you liking Jo?
Johoohno wrote:I'm a fan of being eager, however, I expect a new post from Iecerint very soon to help us read his role and not only his mood.
Reading this again, it seems off. Had you meant alignment instead of role, as I was under the impression that rolefishing is scummy.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Almost forgot about this game. Sorry bout that brah, be putting it in my bookmarks now. Anyway, I'm liking the discussion so far.

green and Iec seems town versus town, mostly from gut. What's good about the whole squabble is I think you guys just baited lurker scum in your discussion. I'm getting lurker scum vibes from SV.

I'm liking Jack's "I teach theory to newbies". Generally, I believe people who take effort to teach theory is town. Still, not that good a town read, but a slight town read nonetheless. I also share your opinion with Shadow Dancer. Seems like predictable scum. I more predictable move from him, I move votes.

Getting good vibes from Mindgamer so far mostly gut.

Unvote
for now.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think Plum's vote was relatively trivial, and that was the only competition. Lynch all liars is a good heuristic, but there are a handful of cases where it may be reasonable for town to lie (e.g. to misstate details of their PR during a claim to throw off the scum NK).
green wrote:I'm still confused by why he thought I was lying, but
doesn't matter anymore.
This is the basis of my comment that you understand I prefer Jo at this point. I suppose I may have overstated it, but I didn't see what else you could be referring to.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Jack »

VasudeVa wrote:I also share your opinion with Shadow Dancer. Seems like predictable scum. I more predictable move from him, I move votes.
Why wait?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:08 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:I also share your opinion with Shadow Dancer. Seems like predictable scum. I more predictable move from him, I move votes.
Why wait?
Hey you know what, you're right. No reason not to. How absent minded of me.

Vote: Shadow Dancer
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Iecerint »

Shadow Dancer, is English your first language?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Johoohno »

Jack wrote:@Johoono: following me in what particular way?
Copying your vote and then when commented on his vote and explanation on SD by you moving on to GiD. I know this isn’t much more than talk so far since he hadn’t read any role, but that is part of what I seriously dislike in game play. (However, at that time he was statistically more likely to be town than scum, I guess.)

@ greenindirt
: I meant alignment, but in this game there doesn’t seem that big of a difference, since role names won’t be revealed upon death However it doesn’t say anything about role revelation, but we’ll know more about that after first lynch. Actually that part will be interesting, I've never played in a game where role names wasn't revealed upon death.

@ Iecerint
: Are you meaning Vas in the post above, otherwise I don’t understand where you got that from?

I’m also amazed why it is discussed whom you trust, rather than whom you find suspicious (Post 55 by Plum and post 60 by Vas). But to be fair Vas mentioned Shadow Dancer as mildly scummy and when commented on that by Jack puts a vote there a few posts later.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Mod: VLA for the weekend. I'll try to post if I can, but it's not sure.

~Understood~
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Shadow Dancer's command of the English language looks like it might be his second language. This is relevant because it might affect how his posts should be interpreted. I'm not sure why you thought I meant Vas. His English seems fine to me.

I don't get how Plum and Vas have discussed who I trust. What do you mean? Post 55 is Plum saying she disagrees with my pre-role PM scumreads, and post 60 is Vasu saying I'm town for nonspecific reasons. The first is the opposite of not discussing who I find suspicious, and the second isn't even related to that dichotomy AFAIK.

You're correct that I am trying to learn more about SD on account of the increased scrutiny.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:Shadow Dancer's command of the English language looks like it might be his second language. This is relevant because it might affect how his posts should be interpreted.
Oh yeah and english isn't my first language either so please be easy on me. /lies

I don't have much to add to it, but I think some increased pressure on SD might prove worthwhile.
Vote: ShadowDancer

Johoohno wrote:I meant alignment, but in this game there doesn’t seem that big of a difference, since role names won’t be revealed upon death.
I don't see how this make rolefishing any better.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It's not a matter of "going easy on him." It's a matter of taking all relevant information into account when analyzing his content.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Jack »

I'm not liking the feel of this language question stuff. Did you have anything specific about shadowdancer's posts that you would interpret differently if english is his second language? If not, why do you care
right now
?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Jack »

What's standing out to me here is Iec voting for shadowdancer, then unvoting because of a
null
tell, mentioning that he "hasn't gotten his pm yet", then "getting" his pm a few minutes later (30). I don't understand the reasoning behind the greendirt vote, and don't care to go over it again, but since he switches off it easily it must not have been much.

Basically, if you feel that dice voting is anti-town, I don't see why you'd switch your vote off for a weak tell on someone else, just because the person dice voted in another game.

The role pm stuff might just be my paranoia. I'm feeling like iec could have gotten his pm, realized he was voting his partner and decided that was awkward. Mentioning my avatar looks like an excuse to say he hasn't got his pm yet. And the "english as second language" stuff is just odd, like he's looking for an excuse to discount something scummy that SD said.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Jack »

Plum wrote:Early read is Mindgamer -town (unless someone has meta on him which would indicate he's not very cautious, if at all, as scum).
I don't get having a town read at all at this stage, but where the heck in MG's
two
posts did you get a town read? How has he been "not cautious"?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Since the dicerolls are evidently null, SD's post at the top of this page is presumably the basis of the votes. To my eye, to the extent that said post is scummy at all, it is scummy because of its tone rather than its content. If the tone is symptomatic of English not being his first language, then it is not an appropriate basis for scrutiny.

This sort of thing is on my mind because players with weaker command of English have been the subject of largely unjustified wagons in my past (cf. Lazy Neighborhood mafia) that have distracted from scumhunting.

At the time, I thought that the dice-voting was not only anti-town, but also potentially scummy. Your meta information demoted it to merely being anti-town, which made GiD's potentially scummy action supercede it.

It's true that the Mod sent me my PM right after I posted about your avatar. I don't blame you for finding the timing a little suspicious. I will say, though, that I would probably have been thrilled had I learned that I was voting a scumfriend. I like distancing early D1 as scum (cf. OpenSource mafia). [/WIFOM]
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Jack »

That response sounds tense and terribly restrained.

And the votes on SD are clearly:

1) my vote--"scum love to say this"--content, not tone
2) Vas's vote--SD made a predictable scum move--content, not tone
3) Greenindirt--pressure vote

So it had to have been
you
that found his tone scummy, no one else was talking about it. Where did that come from?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”