Newbie 920: Mafia in Newbietown (Game over! Town wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle wrote:
Vote: Netopalis
for being an ass in another game.. Lol jk
Found scum.
McGriddle wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Alright. Questions to all players:

1) What experience, if any, do you have in playing the game of Mafia?
2) Please describe your playstyle. Do you feel that you are more biased towards logic or gut? How would you describe your reasoning process?
3) Why do you play Mafia?
4) Is it an African Swallow or a European Swallow?
5) Would you prefer playing as town or as scum? Why?
6) Would you agree with the statement, "Lynch all Liars"? Why? How about the statement "You appear to be too townie, therefore you must be scum" or "Never lynch a claimed power role on the same day that the player claims"?

I will be giving my answers after everybody else has answered, as to avoid biasing the answers of everybody else.
1. I am SE/IC so about 6 games under my belt on this site.
2. I am pretty aggressive, and I am biased off of logic which isn't always helpful so sorry in advanced. My reasoning is based off of experience and tests.
3. I love this game because it makes me happy :P
4. European all the way,
5. Scum, I am better at it, and it is more fun.
6. No. It is not always scum that lies. The first statement is scum sticking up for his buddy, or a moron. The second is situational.
Found scum.
McGriddle wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Alright. Questions to all players:

1) What experience, if any, do you have in playing the game of Mafia?
2) Please describe your playstyle. Do you feel that you are more biased towards logic or gut? How would you describe your reasoning process?
3) Why do you play Mafia?
4) Is it an African Swallow or a European Swallow?
5) Would you prefer playing as town or as scum? Why?
6) Would you agree with the statement, "Lynch all Liars"? Why? How about the statement "You appear to be too townie, therefore you must be scum" or "Never lynch a claimed power role on the same day that the player claims"?

I will be giving my answers after everybody else has answered, as to avoid biasing the answers of everybody else.
1. I am SE/IC so about 6 games under my belt on this site.
2. I am pretty aggressive, and I am biased off of logic which isn't always helpful so sorry in advanced. My reasoning is based off of experience and tests.
3. I love this game because it makes me happy :P
4. European all the way,
5. Scum, I am better at it, and it is more fun.
6. No. It is not always scum that lies. The first statement is scum sticking up for his buddy, or a moron. The second is situational.
Found scum.

Gee this doesn't seem constructive. I guess I'll stick with the points I made that he never refuted.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

I feel like I'm off my game. I think that my innate talent has been consumed in making up for the hole grid's presence leaves in the world.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

6th vote count of day 2:

Ythan - 3 (Mcgriddle, mariomaster777, Unsight)
mariomaster777 - 1 (Julano)
Mcgriddle - 1 (Ythan)

Not voting (FluffyGiggles, Fiyr)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Deadline is April 6th at 6pm central.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

Zachrulez wrote:If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.
You seem to have let grid into your game. Common mistake I've seen it a handful of times before.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by McGriddle »

How is anything Ythan says right now not modkillable. Sick of the bullcrap is not even enough to describe how I feel about Ythan right now.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Ythan »

I don't know whether to go with

Because you're not the mod.

or

How is your play not modkillable.

Honestly, this is the second time I've personally seen you push a modkill rather than actually play the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Ythan, you were warned twice, and have persisted with the personal attacks.

I am not happy that I have to do this, but you are being replaced.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Woo! I don't envy whoever actually has to play with McGridiot. Since I'm out of the game now, you sir are a blight on the very concept of intelligence. Good luck town.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by McGriddle »

I'll have the record show that I will be leaving my vote on Ythans replacement. Like I said, it's not because that little ______ was here, but because I believe that spot is scum. Esp. Now since he is being replaced and not MK'd.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 am

Post by FluffyGiggles »

I was going to put quotes here, but it would stretch this post to unbearable lengths.

Carl Sagan:

Well. An ISO analysis of Carl Sagan reveals that he is largely incoherent, tunnelled extensively, and contributed nothing. He interacted with four people in thread in total. In ISO 4, he supports a post from Julano and asks his opinion. This stands out slightly because made a habit of ignoring the opinions of others for most of the thread. He initially quotes McGriddle in ISO 0, but FoS's McGriddle is ISO 2 because he's a SE. He tunnels against Netopalis as mentioned above. And finally, he is initially suspicious of Fiyr (mentioned in ISO 4, when he supports Julano's support of my post) but then approves of her 'lucid arguments'.

ISO 4 could be construed as him going out of his way to support Julano, going out of his way to avoid supporting me, or just generally being incoherently confusing. I suppose I should be congratulated on locating a small reason to suspect myself. In general, Carl Sagan's incoherence makes it very difficult to draw any semi-reliable information from his posts.

Fiyr

I've gone after Fiyr earlier in the thread, and I had my reasons then. Her play in the beginning wasn't exemplary. She posted some fluff, asked Netopalis a lot of questions, and seemed to buddy up a lot in the thread in the aforementioned fluff. Not to mention defending Netopalis from a joke and an incredibly poor argument.

However, when called out on it she defends herself capably, and does go after Sagan fairly early on. Makes a case on Julano after Netopalis voiced suspicions. She also tries to stop the fight, in fact, she came into the thread with the sole purpose of telling Ythan and McGriddle to stop (would be suspicious, but she showed in ISO 34 that she doesn't like in-thread fighting.)

She's been active, and posted thread analysis a couple of times. Also, she went after Sagan very early on, early enough so that a case of bussing seems unlikely. Neutral leaning town.

Julano:

If one was to do a straight analysis of Carl Sagan, and pretend that he was a normal, competent mafia, then Julano would be suspicious. He defended Sagan from the start, Sagan actually asked for his advice in-thread ... however, Sagan was not a normal scum playing a straight game. Thus, Julano's defence of Sagan (Would someone in the informed minority
really
play like that ... turns out they would) certainly seems reasonable.

Something about ISO 20 bothers me, but I can't quite put my finger on what. Also, Julano's plan to get the townie cleared by cop killed every night (ISO 35-38) - well, of course he didn't announce the plan as being designed to kill whoever the cop cleared, but that is the likely result of telling the cop who to investigate. Plus, when faced with that information, he essentially shrugs and says that it would still be worth it.

Furthermore, his vote on Mariomaster is ... weird. In ISO 35 he says "Mario, as far as I remember I've liked what he's said, though he hasn't said much. Was pro-Carl." On top of the pot calling the kettle black, he voted Mario twice in ISO 41, without adding much (read: any) elaboration onto his suspicion.

He's going into the neutral/scummy pile.

Legions
/
Ythan
/
?

A timeline of the player formerly known as Legions, starting with Legions. People have read his early posts and suspected him of buddying/AtE's, but ... I'm not entirely sold. I dunno, it just reads to me that it's more likely that he's a sucky mafia player with no confidence more than anything. And then he stopped posting. Not a definite mafia read for him, but far from a town read. Neutral on Legions.

Now, to Ythan. Well, he was really active. And at some point, I somehow drew the conclusion he wasn't all too fond of McGriddle. He jumps on McGriddle, and doesn't let up. He has over a hundred posts, all of them focused on McGriddle and describing his apparent loathing of everything about McGriddle. Regardless of alignment, he's certainly coming off as a jerk -_-.

The Ythan/McGriddle fight is one that has the great effect of making both of them seem scummy. Ythan tunnelled to an extreme degree on McGriddle, who seemed to crack under the pressure and was out-argued. Ythan also continually refers to a fantastically logical case based off in-thread activity, which can be found in ISO 1, ISO ... um, 83 maybe? He didn't establish much of a case outside of 'He's scum. He's so scum. I can see all these scumtells, can't you? He's like the scummiest scum that ever scummed'. He does make various one-line aspersions to AtE's, active lurking etc, but surely it wouldn't have killed him to organise those into an actual case as opposed to sniping at McGriddle.

I don't envy whoever replaces in, they'll have a nice job shaking off Ythan who was arguably as helpful as Sagan. Neither of Ythan/Legions seem entirely scum (Ythan does out-argue McGriddle, albeit with all the grace and subtlety of a steamroller) but combined ... yeah, replacement no. 3 will have a fun time.

Mariomaster777

Establishes himself early as a conservative player who would rather avoid mistakes. Not the greatest or most helpful self-meta, but it seems honest. Concerned with making sure he posts enough to stay alive. However, the content he's posted has been of some quality. He was pro-Sagan, but I just haven't been able to analyse any of his posts and say 'damn, that's scummy/illogical/just plain wrong'. Well, aside from thinking Sagan was town, but the reasoning was solid.

Although, in ISO 34 he said he wouldn't disappear, and that he would post more in the following days and that he would have more to say. That was around three days ago.

Still, townish read.

McGriddle

Oh good, the other end of the lovely fight. Gets himself in trouble early when he says he only starts going hard when pressured. Certainly seems to buddy to Neto at the start, "No. Nothing other than the fact that he is being a great IC. Good job Netopalis :D" He's established early on that he doesn't see himself as a great mafia player.

Reading through McGriddle's posts, I kinda see where Ythan was coming from. Kinda. He posts a lot of fluff and seems anxious to avoid being the aggressive player he initially claimed to be (haven't seen any McGriddle smashes yet). Appeals to emotion a lot in the Ythan fight, and suspected Netopalis for being too nice. Plus he just gets confusing towards the end of Day 1. In ISO 76 he unveils his new plan where everyone pretends to be the cop. He really likes it, and nobody else seems convinced.

A little rich of him to claim that he caught both scum, but that probably doesn't have much bearing on his alignment -_-.

In summary, I'm not sure on McGriddle. His play hasn't been commendable, as shooting down Sagan's 'logic' is an action akin to shooting fish in a barrel. And while Ythan wasn't exactly reasonable, he could have handled it better.

Neutral leaning scum read.

Netopalis

Ah, it can't end well when the helpful IC just happens to draw the power role. As if they weren't already an NK magnet. Is friendly and buddy-buddy in the beginning. Neto has a nice run of pacing the town, maintaining and helps to regulate the game. Can't help but figure that the Ythan/McGriddle fiasco wouldn't have happened with Neto still in the game.

Netopalis was fairly open with his suspicions, which helps post-mortem analysis. He was with Ythan in lynching McGriddle (until Sagan obviously began phoning it in), and Netopalis was actually reasonable about it. Other suspicions were Legions and Julano (though that one was smaller). Something to keep in mind.

Unsight

And we're finally at the end. My head hurts.

This may be that I'm too tired to process scumtells but I'm really liking Unsight's play at the moment. He's scumhunting from the beginning, very involved, making sense, possibly the first to raise a coherent suspicious question against the IC when play seemed in danger of being centred around Neto's opinion. Plus, I think that ISO 44 was when the Sagan lynch went from being the sideshow to McGriddle/Netopalis/Ythan fighting to a lynchable option. Which, as shown, worked out pretty well.

Town read.

So, after this mind-breaking labour, we are left with this list, ranked from least suspicious to most suspicious.

Unsight
Mariomaster
Fiyr
Julano
McGriddle
Legions/Ythan/?
Julano
Julano
Townie
Julano
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Julano »

First off, I apologise for not posting for so long.
Julano wrote:
Julano wrote:
Town:
Ythan
Unsight
McGriddle

Other:
Fiyr
Mario
Fluffy
My position now is the same except Ythan has moved down into the red category. As someone pointed out, Ythan was trying to swing the vote onto McGriddle rather than Sagan. I will also add that Ythan was voting McGriddle who was voting mafia. Chainsaw defence?
Now I would put it like

Unsight
McGriddle

Fiyr
Mario
Fluffy

Ythan

Green I think is town, blue probably town and red probably mafia. Since my last post Fiyr, Mario and FluffyGiggles have all produced good content. Ythan is getting/got more and more sarcastic and rude, especially responding badly (imo) to Mario's big post. I didn't feel he was answering the points made properly; rather he was trying to dismiss them and get people to think of them as stupid, to be ignored.
Fiyr wrote:@Julano- you stuck a vote: Mario in there without mentioning him at all in the rest of your last post. ?
Yes. He was one of my four 'reds' at that point, and I intended to keep my vote on him until if and when this changed. As it has.

FluffyGiggles wrote:Something about ISO 20 bothers me
This one? (From oldest first?)
Julano wrote:Wow, if your post had been 15 minutes later we would have gone 24 hours with no new activity.

I would be interested to see a list of players with thoughts from you too, Fiyr.

Also, I'm not sure how much pressure a vote adds if it is announced as a pressure vote.

unvote

I am prepared to put the hammer vote on Ythan. I will leave it a day to allow for a roleclaim or a good reason why not to.
Fiyr
Fiyr
Townie
Fiyr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Fiyr »

Ugh,...internet-so-dead-slow-!

FluffyGiggles- So far has shown that he is focused when posting. Logical posts and cases. Also, I would like to point out, Fluffy dosen't just hop on a popular wagon because he can't think of anything. He attacks/questions other people.
Neutral leaning town.

Julano- posting amount + content seems on the smaller side. Not to big of a scumtell IMO. Shouldn't we wait for Ythan's replacement? It could be an unlucky player slot with 2 scummy players having come in.
Julano wrote:I didn't feel he was answering the points made properly; rather he was trying to dismiss them and get people to think of them as stupid, to be ignored.
I definitely agree with this statement. Aside from that, You didn't provide anything in the way of a case against Mario to back up the vote. All you said, long ago might I add, was 'pro-carl'. That dosent/didn't really mean much.
neutral leaning scum.

Legions/Ythan- lovely player slot. Anyway, pretty scummy right now. Ythan's posts seem lazy. Much of his later posts seem content-less. Could just be a bad clash in playstyle. I'm not sure why scum would carelessly assault a player so determinedly.
really leaning scum

Mario- Innactive but logical content and thought filled posts. He makes some good points with his earlier wall of text. I should also review the game again. I feel as though his post was slightly snubbed by Ythan's 'responses' to it.
neutral

McGriddle-
McGriddle wrote:I haven't really done anything in this game that is considerably scummy. Please show me and I will try to defend myself. The fact that I am such a terrible scum should be enough to prove my innocence at this point so the fact that I haven't done anything that stupid is reason enough to NOT vote me anymore.
This post in itself is a bad defense IMO
McGriddle wrote:5. Scum, I am better at it, and it is more fun.
This looks like a contradiction in self-meta. Either that or your claiming to be worse at town. :?
Aside from that, McGriddle pushed Sagan's lynch pretty tough to be distancing. You haven't really responded to Mario's wall of text either.
Neutral, leaning scum.

Unsight- lastly, the pro-town Unsight. I would have a strong town read if not for this:
vote: Ythan

On Day 1, Carl Sagan addresses everyone in the game by name... except Legions/Ythan.
...This strikes me as odd. First of all, I don't even know what you mean by this. And, second, I'm surprised that you found absolutly nothing else to comment on. It seems like your trying to lynch Ythan under the radar.
Null read for now.

If there's anything you want me to clear up/ respond to feel free to ask. Though I'm uncertain on how often I'm going to be around.
I love cats...! :3

Mafia is like 'Where is Waldo,' ... so uh, where IS Waldo anyway?
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Fiyr wrote:Ugh,...internet-so-dead-slow-!

FluffyGiggles- So far has shown that he is focused when posting. Logical posts and cases. Also, I would like to point out, Fluffy dosen't just hop on a popular wagon because he can't think of anything. He attacks/questions other people.
Neutral leaning town.

Julano- posting amount + content seems on the smaller side. Not to big of a scumtell IMO. Shouldn't we wait for Ythan's replacement? It could be an unlucky player slot with 2 scummy players having come in.
Julano wrote:I didn't feel he was answering the points made properly; rather he was trying to dismiss them and get people to think of them as stupid, to be ignored.
I definitely agree with this statement. Aside from that, You didn't provide anything in the way of a case against Mario to back up the vote. All you said, long ago might I add, was 'pro-carl'. That dosent/didn't really mean much.
neutral leaning scum.

Legions/Ythan- lovely player slot. Anyway, pretty scummy right now. Ythan's posts seem lazy. Much of his later posts seem content-less. Could just be a bad clash in playstyle. I'm not sure why scum would carelessly assault a player so determinedly.
really leaning scum

Mario- Innactive but logical content and thought filled posts. He makes some good points with his earlier wall of text. I should also review the game again. I feel as though his post was slightly snubbed by Ythan's 'responses' to it.
neutral

McGriddle-
McGriddle wrote:I haven't really done anything in this game that is considerably scummy. Please show me and I will try to defend myself. The fact that I am such a terrible scum should be enough to prove my innocence at this point so the fact that I haven't done anything that stupid is reason enough to NOT vote me anymore.
This post in itself is a bad defense IMO
McGriddle wrote:5. Scum, I am better at it, and it is more fun.
This looks like a contradiction in self-meta. Either that or your claiming to be worse at town. :?
Aside from that, McGriddle pushed Sagan's lynch pretty tough to be distancing. You haven't really responded to Mario's wall of text either.
Neutral, leaning scum.

Unsight- lastly, the pro-town Unsight. I would have a strong town read if not for this:

On Day 1, Carl Sagan addresses everyone in the game by name... except Legions/Ythan.
...This strikes me as odd. First of all, I don't even know what you mean by this. And, second, I'm surprised that you found absolutly nothing else to comment on. It seems like your trying to lynch Ythan under the radar.
Null read for now.

If there's anything you want me to clear up/ respond to feel free to ask. Though I'm uncertain on how often I'm going to be around.
He told me I was terrible at playing scum.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by FluffyGiggles »

Julano wrote:
FluffyGiggles wrote:Something about ISO 20 bothers me
This one? (From oldest first?)
Julano wrote:Wow, if your post had been 15 minutes later we would have gone 24 hours with no new activity.
That's the one ... I never said it was something coherent. I dunno, it just seems to somehow give the implication that you were watching during the posting lull, and chose not to interrupt it ... or something. It's an unfounded gut reaction obviously.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Unsight »

Fiyr wrote:Unsight- lastly, the pro-town Unsight. I would have a strong town read if not for this:

If my post "strikes you as odd" and "you don't know what I mean" then why are you attacking me for it instead of asking for clarification?

What does "trying to lynch Ythan under the radar" mean? Except for McGriddle, who has slight issues counting, everyone seems to have a pretty good grasp of the votes as they stand. I want you to explain your last statement in a way that makes sense to me.

Also:
Fiyr wrote:And, second, I'm surprised that you found absolutly nothing else to comment on.
What would you like me to comment on?

Most of the Ythan/McGriddle back and forth consists of McGriddle repeating the same points he's been repeating for pages and Ythan responding by dismissing them and finding new ways to insult McGriddle (McGridiot was the best).

I've pressure voted both mariomaster777 and FluffyGiggles based on ISO reads and they explained themselves well (more or less in mario's case).

I've said Ythan is my preferred lynch of the day, I've made my case, and I've voted for him.

So again, what would you like me to comment on?
Games are meant to be fun.
mariomaster777
mariomaster777
Townie
mariomaster777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by mariomaster777 »

I'm gonna throw this out there. Given that a large percentage of people are leaning towards Ythan being scummy, why not just put the hammer down now? We save the GM from having to search for yet another replacement. Plus, what could the replacement do when stepping into this role. He/she will have to read through 27+ pages just to even catch up. Frankly, I think we won't gain much info by waiting for a replacement who has absolutely zero history with this game and would be unable to contribute very much.

What could the replacement say that could drastically change our minds besides flat out claiming a power role?
Group co-operation is like a puzzle. If the pieces don't fit, you aren't pushing hard enough.
FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by FluffyGiggles »

mariomaster777 wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there. Given that a large percentage of people are leaning towards Ythan being scummy, why not just put the hammer down now? We save the GM from having to search for yet another replacement. Plus, what could the replacement do when stepping into this role. He/she will have to read through 27+ pages just to even catch up. Frankly, I think we won't gain much info by waiting for a replacement who has absolutely zero history with this game and would be unable to contribute very much.

What could the replacement say that could drastically change our minds besides flat out claiming a power role?
Not just a large percentage, basically everyone supports a Ythan lynch. Perhaps we should vote for a pre-replacement lynch.

I put my support behind a pre-replacement lynch.
FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by FluffyGiggles »

FluffyGiggles wrote:
mariomaster777 wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there. Given that a large percentage of people are leaning towards Ythan being scummy, why not just put the hammer down now? We save the GM from having to search for yet another replacement. Plus, what could the replacement do when stepping into this role. He/she will have to read through 27+ pages just to even catch up. Frankly, I think we won't gain much info by waiting for a replacement who has absolutely zero history with this game and would be unable to contribute very much.

Not just a large percentage, basically everyone supports a Ythan lynch. Perhaps we should vote for a pre-replacement lynch.

I put my support behind a pre-replacement lynch.
Wait, actually, scratch that. We may as well get a new perspective on the game before deciding on a lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Welcome Kyiv to the game. He replaces Ythan effective immediately.
mariomaster777
mariomaster777
Townie
mariomaster777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by mariomaster777 »

That was quick. Guess we better wait for our replacement. Thanks Zachrulez for finding someone so quickly.
Group co-operation is like a puzzle. If the pieces don't fit, you aren't pushing hard enough.
Julano
Julano
Townie
Julano
Townie
Townie

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Julano »

I am still planning on voting for Legions/Ythan/Kyiv. Even if the new player does not 'act scummy', the fact remains that the previous two players have, and they're all playing the same role.

At the moment I'm waiting for Kyiv's opinion on the game. If they're town then it can't hurt.
Fiyr
Fiyr
Townie
Fiyr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Fiyr »

@Unsight- I meant nothing else to comment on in that specific post. Usually you have more to say than that. It seemed like you could have commented on the repetition.There were alot of posts inbetween yours so I suppose it triggered a gut feeling more than anything. Also, your right, I should just ask for clarification.
So I ask, What did you mean in this post:
Unsight wrote:vote: Ythan

As for a replacement, Well, I'd be okay with Ythan's/Kyiv's lynch but from what I know of mafia games, longer days are usually better. It gives more time to town for disscussion and suspicions.
I love cats...! :3

Mafia is like 'Where is Waldo,' ... so uh, where IS Waldo anyway?
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Kyiv »

Hai! I guess it's rather pointless now, but I feel I'll mention it anyway: I am Ythan's replacement.

I think Carl Sagan was pretty scummy through and through. From his constant exclamations that he is "for the town" and his relentless attack on Netopalis that made no sense, I think his buddy found it wise to drop him pretty early on. So people who were defending him later, like Mario and FluffyGiggles I see as town, mostly.

So you have quick, early distancing which she quickly backs out of, especially after getting flak for it. Which actually brings me to my next point: she spent a lot of effort asking the IC questions and generally buddying up to him. Also:
Fiyr wrote:"My vote for Netopolis may seem overly strict in the interpretation of the rules, but as mariomaster777 points out, actual evidence is hard to come by and we must end a life."

This is good.

"A townie saying he would play Mafia to it's fullest, and having the experience this townie has. A vote for Netopolis weeds out a wolf among we newbie sheep."

This is not.
Does this not look like coaching to anyone else? In a last ditch effort, she throws a case on Julano, which actually came several days later. Let's not forget that she was largely hesitant to do anything with Carl Sagan for the majority of D1. They're small things, but definitely worth looking at, especially if I'm the lynch today.

And I can't forget McGriddle. Most of Ythan's case seems to be ad hominem, but I genuinely see some scummy things along McGriddle's antics. First off, he, like Fiyr, had a bit of early distancing (Look at number 4), but really feel this was distancing because it was delayed. You also have this interesting little scuffle between McGriddle and C. Sagan. Not really sure about it, but it looks like a mutual scum distancing to me, brought on by McGriddle's vote (C. Sagan also never follows up on this.) He later tries to excuse his unrelated scummy actions, which while I believe him, I don't think it's a fantastic excuse for such. Also this, feels off to me. I also just noticed that McGriddle also moved his vote to Julano. Lastly, Appeal to Emotion. I'd like to post more, but I need to drag myself out the door since my fridge is empty.

If I get lynched before then, then I hope town takes the above to heart, at least.
TTFN
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Oh my god people. The quote everyone is bringing up was used as SARCASM. GOD! Look at the context of the freaking statement!
Wins/Losses - 99/15

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by McGriddle »

EBWOP: Post 441. I used his own logic that he used to prove me as scum to disprove his theory.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”