Newbie 920: Mafia in Newbietown (Game over! Town wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Ythan »

So now you say this after pages of not answering questions in typical terrible-play fashion? Ok, let's take a look at those posts. In 58 you said I was pushing a policy lynch for a reason. Wrong. Been over that. You never reconstructed that accusation to account for fact. 82 starts with OMGUS bullshit against someone questioning your plan. 82 was shortly rebutted, you did not reconstruct your attack to account for it or even respond. 84 is you not understanding Mafia. I rebutted, you didn't respond. 86 is both idiotic and hypocrisy since I am not tunneling and you are consistently doing the very worst type of tunneling (the ignorant kind that doesn't care about reading). I also addressed that and you never responded. 88 is more stupid OMGUS. 95 and 97 somehow degenerate even further into play of, miraculously, negative quality. They've been addressed.

What you do is post one-off idiotic shit and then never account for or support it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

5th vote count of day 2:

Ythan - 2 (Mcgriddle, mariomaster777)
mariomaster777 - 1 (Julano)
Mcgriddle - 1 (Ythan)

Not voting (FluffyGiggles, Fiyr, Unsight)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Deadline is April 6th at 6pm central.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 am

Post by McGriddle »

For everyone who doesn't want to go look.
McGriddle wrote:
Unsight wrote:
McGriddle wrote:I am referring to the people on the McWagon. They kn ow my play style as scum, so it should be pretty obvious I am not.
Outside of Carl (who I also think is scummy), who else do you suspect?
Ythan. He is pushing for a policy lynch for no reason. Only based off meta on an ongoing game. Which has NOTHING to do with this game.
and..
McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:
McGriddle wrote:Of course we would all like to lynch scum today, but its a fat chance of that happening
Not really. I don't like you planning for a mislynch.

vote McGriddle
looks like someone is in fear of the plan, oh my, you take something I say out of context, this plan will allow us all to win.

I have a pretty well thought out case against Ythan here. Saving it for a moment like this.

Iso 7 - you clearly try to defend Carl by telling us all about his great post that he made, and about how it backed up everything he said. Then you go on to vote me without even mentioning me ONCE in the whole post. You seem to want me dead pretty badly.

Iso 12 - he mentions Carl but goes no further with this.

Iso 16 - buddies up with Neto. At this point he starts getting close to Neto so nobody will suspect him for a NK on Neto.

Iso 18 & 19 - this just annoys me, you admit to not being allowed to talk about other games yet you do it all the time! (this is more annoying than scummy)

Iso 22 - sticks up for Carl, pushes my lynch instead.

Iso 23 - This is what really sticks out to me, you are now contradicting yourself. You say you think some players should be policy lynched, then at the top where you vote me, you vote me because I said it is hard to find scum, so your offense on me was that I wanted to lynch someone who wasn't scum. Biggest scum slip?

I will stop here for now as I need to go to class.

Vote: Ythan
...and...
McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:I don't like you planning for a mislynch.
THEN
Ythan wrote:There are some players you don't want in lylo regardless of if you find them suspicious. There are some players you don't want in the game at all.
THIS is what I was waiting for. Complete contradiction.

I knew you were going to try to call me for OMGUS. I absolutely knew it. But no part of my post was OMGUS, I stated my case against you because of what you said in that post, not because of the vote. Pay attention.
...once more...
None of my points are gone. You voted Carl solely because you didn't want a no lynch. Other than that you have had tunnel vision on me the whole game. You're right, i am pushing hard for your lynch, but I will let people decide for themselves.
...and...
McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:I think Grid's trying to out the cop. Or, he doesn't understand criticisms of his plan at all.
I think you are scum afraid because this plan will catch you.
...and...
McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:
McGriddle wrote:I recommend we do this plan, and we also, if not because he is obv scum, policy lynch Ythan, it won't matter if we do this plan. The ultimate win for town is in lylo with 2 confirmed town.

I really think it is a good plan and I want feedback on it.
Players please note that Grid refuses to acknowledge criticisms of his plan except by OMGUS accusing anyone who does. He continues to push it this hard without addressing flaws, and has now added a policy lynch to it. He's a terrible player and 99% also scum.
How am I refusing to acknowledge criticism, and I am pushing hard because I know you are scum.

Policy lynch on you because all you are doing is pissing everyone off, myself included, and you are offering no benefits to this game at all. You are a liability to town and in this case it's not even that it is so much a policy lynch as it is you are scummy. You are scummy and should be lynched for that reason, the fact that you should be lynched for policy reasons is just a biiiiiiiiig bonus because frankly I am annoyed by you, and I think most others would agree with that statement. You are voting me in other games too, and I am not voting you back in those games so obviously you stand out to me in this game as scum more than in others.
...and finally...

@ Fluffy - we both have logical cases against eachother. Mines a hell of a lot more logical as I used LOGIC rather than taking every sentence out of context.

When you take sentences out of context in order to get a town member killed that is a sure fire scum tell. Which is why my vote is confirmed on Ythan.

The plan doesn't hurt to at least try it. If it fails, at least we have 1 confirmed town member the next day.
So if anyone, including Ythan, thinks I have no real case on him then that is pure BS.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle wrote:
Unsight wrote:Outside of Carl (who I also think is scummy), who else do you suspect?
Ythan. He is pushing for a policy lynch for no reason. Only based off meta on an ongoing game. Which has NOTHING to do with this game.
Ythan wrote:McGriddle I already voted you for stated reasons and augmented it with policy. Your OMGUS twisting of the facts ensures that it will stay there.
Oh look at this. It's amazing what someone who reads with the least bit of context (or memory) is able to find.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Ythan »

Ythan wrote:588 is entirely OMGUS. He waits until I vote him and then comes up with a case on me. If he is in fact telling the truth that he was saving the points until a convenient time, that's no better. My iso 7 was a response to Unsight asking me my thoughts on votes at the time. Saying that I was getting close to Neto so nobody would suspect me for his death is dumb. First, that ploy wouldn't work. Second, do you even know what buddying is/were you responding to the right post? As for 18 and 19, responding to
questions
about ongoing games. If you've got a problem I guess tough. 22 I did not stick up for Carl. I pushed a lynch on you because you are scummy and you try to portray it as something else because your entire play style is omgus. I did not contradict myself at all in 23. There is not even the most tenuous of connections between that post and my vote on you. Confirmation bias thy name is Grid. Or it would be if you thought I was scum.
Oh look another rebuttal
in the next post
which McGridiot didn't address.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:I don't like you planning for a mislynch.
THEN
Ythan wrote:There are some players you don't want in lylo regardless of if you find them suspicious. There are some players you don't want in the game at all.
THIS is what I was waiting for. Complete contradiction.

I knew you were going to try to call me for OMGUS. I absolutely knew it. But no part of my post was OMGUS, I stated my case against you because of what you said in that post, not because of the vote. Pay attention.
Ythan wrote:No, you need to pay attention. I don't know if you've ever managed to make it to lylo but having scummy players around decreases the town's chances of winning. You however are just skipping over today and planning for later. And no, I called you OMGUS because it's OMGUS. Also, don't bother replying to the whole post or anything. What are you just throwing out every idea you can come up with and holding onto the few that you think will actually go somewhere?
McGriddle wrote:Anyways, I think the idea is a good idea, and I wouldn't mind Ythan being the lynch for today to test this experiment.
These three posts are in immediate succession. His case was already severely whittled down from before and when I refute what he's still attempting to push he just moves on to "Instead of addressing that I'm just going to push for an Ythan lynch with no meaning or intelligence."
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The rules wrote wrote:Please treat the other players in the game with respect. I do not want to have to intervene if the game starts to get personal, but I will if I have to.
Posts 695 and 696 are clear personal attacks.

This is my final warning on the matter. Forcing replacement will be the next step in addressing this issue.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle wrote:
Ythan wrote:I think Grid's trying to out the cop. Or, he doesn't understand criticisms of his plan at all.
I think you are scum afraid because this plan will catch you.
This is just stupid stupid stupid OMGUS with no basis in anything a sound mind could comprehend.
McGriddle wrote:How am I refusing to acknowledge criticism,
By not acknowleding criticism.
and I am pushing hard because I know you are scum.
And yet you don't have a case. Puzzling.
Policy lynch on you
He is where he actually admits that he has no case.
because all you are doing is pissing everyone off, myself included, and you are offering no benefits to this game at all. You are a liability to town and in this case it's not even that it is so much a policy lynch as it is you are scummy. You are scummy and should be lynched for that reason, the fact that you should be lynched for policy reasons is just a biiiiiiiiig bonus because frankly I am annoyed by you, and I think most others would agree with that statement. You are voting me in other games too, and I am not voting you back in those games so obviously you stand out to me in this game as scum more than in others.
And here's a whole lot of worthless angry shit with no basis.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Ythan »

It's ok if I call his play stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid right?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle wrote:we both have logical cases against eachother.
You will never be able to support this as truth.
Mines a hell of a lot more logical as I used LOGIC rather than taking every sentence out of context.
This makes me laugh so hard I might just die.
When you take sentences out of context in order to get a town member killed that is a sure fire scum tell.
I didn't take sentences out of context. You took whole posts out of context. Also you don't know what a scumtell is. There's a link at the top of the page to the wiki are you aware of this?
Which is why my vote is confirmed on Ythan.

The plan doesn't hurt to at least try it. If it fails, at least we have 1 confirmed town member the next day.
And you listed this post as part of a case? Do you even know what a
case
is?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Ythan »

Zach, I thought you MKed for infractions.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Ythan wrote:It's ok if I call his play stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid right?
That's fine. Insulting him is not.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Ythan »

I am just never going to be able to play another game with Grid if insults are not allowed. His play just screams out for it.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 am

Post by McGriddle »

Ythan wrote:I am just never going to be able to play another game with Grid if insults are not allowed. His play just screams out for it.
Then leave.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Ythan »

You're the problem here Grid. If you don't want to be constantly derided for being a terrible player a good place to start would be to stop throwing around bullshit idiotic accusations and maybe also actually respond to arguments rather than just ignoring everyone else and posting your own pap regardless.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Ythan »

He literally just skipped over all that to tell me to leave. If there was a Scummy for anti-town you'd have qualify for the next five for this game alone.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Ythan »

I know you folks don't like posting but can I please get some insight into everyone's thoughts regarding grid's absolute insistence on never addressing anything ever.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Unsight »

vote: Ythan

On Day 1, Carl Sagan addresses everyone in the game by name... except Legions/Ythan.
Games are meant to be fun.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Ythan »

See Grid, Unsight voted me and provided a sound reason for it. I'm not going to talk about how stupid she (I'm assuming because of the avatar) is because that's how you play Mafia.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by McGriddle »

None of my points are gone. You voted Carl solely because you didn't want a no lynch. Other than that you have had tunnel vision on me the whole game. You're right, i am pushing hard for your lynch, but I will let people decide for themselves.
and
Iso 22 - sticks up for Carl, pushes my lynch instead.
and
Iso 7 - you clearly try to defend Carl by telling us all about his great post that he made, and about how it backed up everything he said. Then you go on to vote me without even mentioning me ONCE in the whole post. You seem to want me dead pretty badly.

Iso 12 - he mentions Carl but goes no further with this.
please enlighten me on how I have said anything that differs from unsights post?

I might not have said the same thing exactly, but the gist is the same. I have a major suspicion on you because of your interaction with Carl.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Ythan »

Unsight says it like an intelligent person and doesn't throw down a mountain of shitty arguments, sticking to the meager few of the total that stick.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Ythan wrote:Unsight says it like an intelligent person and doesn't throw down a mountain of shitty arguments, sticking to the meager few of the total that stick.
Call my playstyle bad all you want, but I found both scum in this game so get over yourself.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

You haven't found a single thing you incurable fool. I won't shatter your little dream world if you want to live there yourself but if you want to talk in this thread about how you've contributed an ounce of content I'm going to have to cut you short.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Ythan wrote:You haven't found a single thing you incurable fool. I won't shatter your little dream world if you want to live there yourself but if you want to talk in this thread about how you've contributed an ounce of content I'm going to have to cut you short.
^^^ This is a confession.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

Question, what is the light at the end of grid's tunnel?

Answer, there is no end to grid's tunnel.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”