Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:19 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Fishbulb wrote:
Fritzler wrote:And since when is being naive scummy?
Scum have more information that townies. They are less likely to see alternate possibilities as they generally have the biggest idea as to what is going on. If she was just an ordinary townie as she claims, then there would be way to many factors left unknown to make a claim like that.
According to that townie is pro naive. Scum would be the ones that aren't naive.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:42 am

Post by Fishbulb »

You can't make statements like that with no reasoning. Obviously you don't really care what my response would be, but if you are going to try to discuss this why contradict without adding anything to explain your contradiction? Plainly said, a naive townie might as well be working for scum.

Game's over anyway whenever mathcam shows up. Oh well. It's a shame that Fritzler is more interested in fruitless arguing rather than trying to analyze and find scum.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:25 am

Post by mathcam »

Fishbulb wrote:Game's over anyway whenever mathcam shows up. Oh well.
Indeed it is. And with that, Nox and Gaspitzler drag Fishbulb over to the lynching block and do the deed. When they're done with that, they lynch him.

As the nights go by, no one seems to be dying. Either someone had a lot of time shields, or the town managed to get rid of all the scum. Indeed, the latter be the truth: Congratulations, town!

More info coming.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:40 am

Post by mathcam »

Comments:
1) Kudos to Fishbulb for playing it out even when it looked pretty grim at the end there. Thanks to Fritzler for subbing on short notice, and for not much gametime. Thanks to Nox for consistently being the one player not needing a prod.
2) I was amazed at the level of participation from the dead players this time. The dead were fairly on top of submitting their votes and/or night choices from the grave. Thanks for that, and sorry you didn't get to come back to life. (This is the second incarnation of this game, and noone's yet had the opportunity to become unkilled. :().
3) Fishbulb was an SK, and the mafia was EmpTyger and Changling Bob. The mafia had 4 nights of time fuel, and Fishbulb had 5.
4) SpeedyKQ was a doc, and Mr. Stoofer a back-up doc (poor Stoofer). They could each time-travel once to do a protect. If you guys would just stop killing the docs, maybe we could have some reincarnations! :)
5) Quagmire was a vig with 1 night of time travel, and the townies, were mole, Nox, Gaspode, and N_Lic were townies, with time shields on nights 3, 1, 2, and 2, respectively.
6) Someone was indeed a sage. He asked a good question that turned out to essentially win the game for the town. Well done.
7) SO was a time saboteur, who each night could make one player's actions take place
that
night, instead of whenever the player wanted. Night 1, SO targeted mole, so mole's time shield was sent to night 1 instead of night 3, meaning that when the mafia killed mole on night 3, the kill went through. Poor mole.

That's about it for info...there wasn't too much crazy time interaction this game, which was slightly unfortunate, but it was made up for by high-caliber play all around. Thanks for being (for the most part) active, and I hope to see some of you again if I run a third game in this series (no guarantees).

Cam
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Nox »

MUHAHAHAH!!!
YES!
*Victory Dance*
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:54 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

mathcam wrote:poor Stoofer
Indeed. When I got my PM I knew I'd be lynched as soon as I claimed back-up doc. I wrote in the thread that the back-up doc would be lynched as soon as he claimed. And as soon as I claimed, I was lynched.

Still, we win and kudos to Someone, Fritzler and Nox for winning this game for the town! Yay!!!!
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:58 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I still can't figure out why I killed Someone. It makes no sense, and I can't remember what crazy reasoning I had at the time that I submitted that.

And then I made it worse when I claimed townie. I immediately realized I shoulda said I was a vigilante and I did indeed kill Someone.

I wanted to do more time traveling stuff, but I never saw an opportunity to use it for more than confusing people. :?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:52 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Yay town. Good job guys.

Stoofer, if you had said you had one day of time fuel instead of inheriting mine, I'd have tried to save you.

Bah on myself for being wrong about like everything.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Fritzler »

One thing, I noticed that I subbed, and then I won the game for the town that day. Coincidence? I think not.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:13 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Well done town, and thanks all and mod.

Before I enter into a lifelong vendetta, I want to make sure- Fishbulb, it was you who killed me Night 1?
I’m not sure whether I should be insulted or flattered.

Ironically, I was wondering before the game whether it made any sense to kill myself night 1, so that I’d be resurrected and thought innocent. But doing the math and considering a SK probably existed, I decided it would most likely fail.

SO:
Just wondering, did you use your ability Night 2?

bob:
Valiant attempt. Ironically, it might have been better for us if the town believed Stoofer.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by Someone »

Fishbulb wrote:I still can't figure out why I killed Someone. It makes no sense, and I can't remember what crazy reasoning I had at the time that I submitted that.

And then I made it worse when I claimed townie. I immediately realized I shoulda said I was a vigilante and I did indeed kill Someone.

I wanted to do more time traveling stuff, but I never saw an opportunity to use it for more than confusing people. :?
Argh...

It saved you a humungo post I had written up for the last day to point out how you were scum ;).
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:13 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

EmpTyger wrote:Before I enter into a lifelong vendetta, I want to make sure- Fishbulb, it was you who killed me Night 1?
I’m not sure whether I should be insulted or flattered.
Well, yeah, it had to be me. Don't take it personal, though. Someone had to die (and I mean that as both someone and Someone).

Seriously, man, it was random. I'm horribly indicisive, and being my first SK that I could actually kill with (Macros... grr...), I couldn't make up my mind.

Incidentally, finishing off the mafia so early was probably bad for me. Kinda made the last couple days all about me when I'd rather still be finding the scum. Hard to find them when there aren't any! :x
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:48 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Stoofer, if you had said you had one day of time fuel instead of inheriting mine, I'd have tried to save you.
My role PM said that I didn't have any time fuel but I would be given more info when the doc died.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:29 am

Post by mathcam »

Incidentally, Gaspode's post that I deleted said something to the effect of "Sorry I flaked out. Oh well, I would have voted for Fishbulb anyway."

Cam
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:38 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hm, yay. I'd prefer to win alive, but this works, sorta, too... :P

EmpTyger: I picked mole again. I'd a theory that the killing happening on the first night (and not later, which is what I'd expect to take place) meant that I mighta hit scum, so I tried again on mole: if there'd been another kill that night rather than later, I'd take it as fairly good evidence of mole's scumminess. But there were no kills occurring on that night, so that theory proved fruitless.

Still, good game, all. And thanks for the game, mathcam.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:19 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Yeah, Cam basically summed up my post. I've been working 9:30-12:15 a twenty-minute drive away, then going to band camp (yeah, bring on the jokes) from about 12:45 to 9:45 all week, where I have to keep 120 kids my age in line and help teach them an entire marching band show from scratch. Needless to say, I've been pretty beat. Anyway, sorry for quitting on you, and good job to the town for finishing off what I never got to do. Funny how, although I thought I was playing a good game, I basically misguessed every mafia until the last day, when I had a 50-50 shot and a reasonably obvious choice (and even then, I disappeared before sealing the deal). Oh well.

Thanks to Cam for putting up with all of us (especially me).
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Someone »

I think the no-roles revealed upon death kinda ruins the thing. I don't know how you'd run a time-travel without it...but whatever...

Anyways, that was fun. I'd be sure to sign up if there's another.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:19 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

And thankls mathcam for the game. :D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish