Mafia 112: Ridiculous Drama! (Game Over, town win!)

Blue
Blue
Townie
Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Blue »

Ho anyone know how many mafia there are?
INTJ
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Blue, I liked your argument there.
Excuse the ad hominem but, then you must not be very smart.

How is his """argument""" anything but rubbish? You guys are just blindly pushing a policy lynch, and a very bad one at that.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

I think it's usually a 4-1 ratio, and I think there are 20 people. 4 mafia maybe?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

MehPlusRawr wrote:I think it's usually a 4-1 ratio, and I think there are 20 people. 4 mafia maybe?
My bet would be 5 if there's a vig.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

These are the people I think are most likely to be mafia, and how I would vote according to what they flip.

Cyanide (For the reasons I posted earlier, as a policy lynch, and as a test- if he comes up mafia, we've got a good chance of finding another mafia)

Leafsnail (Singling out Julano for no reason. More suspicion on him if Julano is scum. Also, saying "Not sure how helpful putting 4 random votes on the same guy is", looks like he's trying to take votes off Cyanide. Even more suspicion on him if Cyanide is scum.)

Julano (OMGUS, liking what Cyanide said.)

Farside (Only if Cyanide flips scum. Because of Blue's musings on the subject.)

Jacobsavage (Trying to outguess the mod, voting no lynch.)

Shrinehme (Since he's been kinda lurking, not doing anything scummy, not doing anything townie, but posting enough so he's not prodded. His posts don't really contain anything useful either. Also, defended
Cyanide. If Cyanide flips scum, this guy is more likely to be scum too. Either way, he's not helping town and wouldn't be an incredibly bad guy to lose.)

Assuming no other info comes up, I'll probably vote this way.

Cyanide
If he's scum: Julano.
If he's town: Shrinehme
Julano
If he's scum: Leafsnail
If he's town: Shrinehme
Shrinehme
If he's scum: Any of the other people I'm suspicious of.
If he's town: Jacobsavage
Leafsnail
If he's scum: Farside
If he's town: Farside
Farside
If she's scum: Jacob
If she's town: Eh, still Jacob
Jacob
If he's scum: No idea, frankly. Anybody else.
If he's town: Same as above.

FoS all of the people I listed as suspicious.

Eh, had doubts about posting this, but a few of them are probably scum, and if I get killed in the night, this might be pretty helpful.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

cyan wrote:Dear potential Vigilante(s) #2,

SpyreX is just one person and therefore his opinion is only worth so much. Nobody is going to follow him blindly or think that your claim is worth shit if you don't put a bullet through me. This is a scum tactic and by subtly forcing you to do something ("or else we won't believe your claim nananana"), he is effectively manipulating you.

Sincerely,

[autograph]

The Townspeople.

P.S. - I love the irony and am fairly certain who's going to get the bullet anyhoo Laughing
I am manipulating them. Not that, chances are, they'd need much manipulation.

Your existence is toxic to the game state. The amount of sheer smoke and mirrors its already creating is enough to grate and, ultimately, will become a giant loss of morale.

However, I'm not convinced you are scum. Futher, I'd rather get real information from a different lynch. So, you get a bullet.

If that hasn't happened chances are you're getting the rope tomorrow.

AS FOR WHY THIS IS SOO AWESOME:

3. FeFiFoFum
6. the1iffi
10. JacobSavage
15. Shadow Dancer
16. NavyCherub
18. Henry Hathaway
19. Jag Johan
20. Julano

^

This is the classic "I didn't even realize these people are in the game" list.

This is unacceptable.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 6: R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

SIR CYANIDE (5): Shadow Dancer, Chronopie, Blue, mehplusrawr, JacobSavage
Blue (4): Shrinehme, Konowa, NavyCherub, Jag Johan
Parama (4): Fate, SIR CYANIDE, DTMaster, Farside
Konowa (1): Julano
Shattered Viewpoint (1): FeFiFoFum
Shrinehme (1): SpyreX
LeafSnail (1): Parama

Not Voting (3): the1fifi, Leafsnail, Henry Hathaway

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

If anything seems incorrect in the votecount tell me.

Deadline is the 11th of April

SIR CYANIDE:
How Farside was treated as a child and weither blue likes older women is not something that affects the game. Therefore I am asking you to tone it down. Also, I'd expect someone to only insult other's grammar while having a flawless one themselves, unfortunately you do not. Consider this a warning. I'm going to have to replace you if you do not act more cordially towards the other players.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Parama »

dramonic wrote:
I'm going to have to replace you if you do not act more cordially towards the other players.
DO IT PLEASE
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Fate »

Since it looks like we're lynching Cyanide due to the way he's acting,
What? When did we agree on this? Who wants to lynch someone without Spyrex's stamp of approval?

That's just poor play.

@Parama: Thanks for linking your Leafsnail case. It reminded me how flimsy it was and why I'm voting you until you die.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

You damn straight it does. :)

Actually, while its not SLAM DUNK I do find the dissonance between "Why all these votes" and "The way out of the RVS is piling votes" mentality.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Fate wrote:
Since it looks like we're lynching Cyanide due to the way he's acting,
What? When did we agree on this? Who wants to lynch someone without Spyrex's stamp of approval?
I think he had like 7 votes at the time, and everybody was shouting at him.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

dramonic wrote:

Also, I'd expect someone to only insult other's grammar while having a flawless one themselves, unfortunately you do not.
I'm going to let all this have a rest, but let me illustrate why I am not a hypocrite:

I currently live in the Netherlands. My dutch is 100% flawless.
Farside lives in CA. Her english is terrible.

Also, I don't personally have a problem with all the attacks launched against me, but if you're going to warn me for retaliating, I think some other players deserve some warning love too. Just because I am more creative with my insults does not mean that they are actually worse.

For example, I got accused of exhibiting sociopath tendencies by Shattered Viewpoint and received a vote with antisemitic reasoning behind it - something which undoubtedly triggers much more of an emotional response than misogyny, due to the rich history of antisemitism and nazidom in WWII and the likes. Don't get me wrong - I could care less because I'm not as easily hurt as our fragile souls on this forum, I am just saying that if you're going to apply a warning, you 'should' do it fairly and warn everyone who has made roughly the same violations.

I do realize that this is not a democracy and that whatever you say goes, but I doubt it is in your endeavors (or in any mod's) to perform actions based on favoritism and/or personal bias. That is all I have to say on the matter.

--

Back on topic, I don't see why I deserve the lynch when it is obviously farside that is displaying incongruous behavior (coming across as if she really really hates me, yet remaining civil and not voting for me). Isn't it a general rule of thumb to lynch the player doing this, instead of the potential scumbuddy?

I do realize that there are other (albeit shitty) reasons for lynching me, but it just sounds like people inventing reasons to secure my lynch.

Let me remind all of you that the general concept 'policy lynching' is when someone is exhibiting counterproductive behavior towards the game mechanics, i.e. lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers, ...,

My 'insults' (they don't even deserve that, I'd say 'snide remarks', really) are not counterproductive. It is everyone's behavior in my presence that is counterproductive, so if we are going to policy lynch we should lynch everyone experiencing a heavy emotional reaction towards me.

Lynching me out of nowhere due to meta reasons is a solution to the behavioral problems everyone is experiencing when they read my name, but it is not the best solution and it is definitely suboptimal play - which does not benefit your win condition as much and should therefore, ideally, be avoided.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

THIS IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR BECAUSE IT IS WHITE NOISE THAT DOES NO GOOD IN FINDING SCUM MY LORD WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND.

In this wall of words the only thing you did that could even pretend to be useful was mentioning Farside's weird behavior towards you (which is weird, but I digress).
Show

Proud member of BaM
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SpyreX wrote:THIS IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR BECAUSE IT IS WHITE NOISE THAT DOES NO GOOD IN FINDING SCUM MY LORD WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND.

In this wall of words the only thing you did that could even pretend to be useful was mentioning Farside's weird behavior towards you (which is weird, but I digress).
WOW SUCH PRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR IN THIS POST TOO. I SEE YOU ARE LEARNING FROM ME.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Parama »

Fate wrote:You realized you just called for a vig on the SCUM and a lynch on a coinflip.
Fate wrote:@Parama: Thanks for linking your Leafsnail case. It reminded me how flimsy it was and why I'm voting you until you die.
So first you say that you agree Leafsnail is scum and now you don't?
Or were you just making an assumption before because you knew Leaf was scum and now you're trying to defend him?
Or are you just forgetting your reads?
Or you worded that first quote terribly which makes it look like you're saying something you aren't?
Meh. All seem possible, though I'm definitely noting this for future reference.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

The main difference is, follow me, I haven't been a focal point for the game thus far because of my wacky antics.

Seeing you come out and pull a woe is me / they're just as bad / arguing with the mod in the thread instead of taking it to PM's and playing up like you don't understand why its going on is enough.

And having the gall to say that you don't see how what you're doing is counterproductive after playing up everything else is actually enough cognitive dissonance that I could almost be swung alll the way back around for a lynch.

After the quarter+ of the game that is sitting by watching this go down opts to instead play in the reindeer games.
Show

Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

Post by dramonic »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:For example, I got accused of exhibiting sociopath tendencies by Shattered Viewpoint and received a vote with antisemitic reasoning behind it - something which undoubtedly triggers much more of an emotional response than misogyny, due to the rich history of antisemitism and nazidom in WWII and the likes.
~

I am quite aware of this, however he asked to be replaced before I could give him a warning, therefore the concept of telling him his behaviour is not good for the general friendliness of the thread would have been somewhat superfluous
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

Post by farside22 »

SpyreX wrote:THIS IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR BECAUSE IT IS WHITE NOISE THAT DOES NO GOOD IN FINDING SCUM MY LORD WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND.

Why is it werid?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jag Johan
Jag Johan
Townie
Jag Johan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Jag Johan »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:

WOW SUCH PRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR IN THIS POST TOO. I SEE YOU ARE LEARNING FROM ME.
Seriously, you are acting childish. There's probably no point in trying to tell you that you shouldn't retaliate because that only creates more noise that the scums can hide in. I wish we all could just stop talking about this and get on with the game.

So, stop retaliate, your ego is not more important than the town. Or are you trying to convince all, even ppl like me who doesn't care what happened in the passed, to lynch you? That would be stupid whether you are townie or scum.
Jag Johan
Jag Johan
Townie
Jag Johan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Jag Johan »

Blues thoughts about Farside and Sir doesn't convince me. I think it's simply a case of farside being mature enough to concentrate on the game. Also I get a feeling that that was a way to change the focus from himself. Had he come with some other suspects I wouldn't care, but since Sir is such a popular target it seems scumish to me.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:54 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Jag, if we lynch Cyanide, and he flips scum, THEN we go after Farside. Since there's a large BW on him anyway, if he gets lynched and is scum, we should go after her. Simple 'nuff.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Fate »

Parama wrote:
Fate wrote:You realized you just called for a vig on the SCUM and a lynch on a coinflip.
Fate wrote:@Parama: Thanks for linking your Leafsnail case. It reminded me how flimsy it was and why I'm voting you until you die.
So first you say that you agree Leafsnail is scum and now you don't?
Or were you just making an assumption before because you knew Leaf was scum and now you're trying to defend him?
Or are you just forgetting your reads?
Or you worded that first quote terribly which makes it look like you're saying something you aren't?
Meh. All seem possible, though I'm definitely noting this for future reference.
RED FLAG! MISREP!

When the hell did I say Leafsnail was scum? The implication in what you quoted was clear:
from your POV
, you called for a vig on the scum and a lynch on the coinflip.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Parama »

Fate wrote:You realized you just called for a vig on the
SCUM
and a lynch on a coinflip.
That's the implication IMO - you agree with me when I'm saying Leafsnail is scum. Unless you failed at wording, in which case you should've said:
Fate wrote:You realized you just called for a vig on
who you think
the SCUM and a lynch on a coinflip.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Fate »

*waits for even one other player to read the implication the way you did*
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Blue: So if you agree that town wins through information, why are you in such a hurry to lynch SIR CYANIDE? Longer discussions ultimately produce more information (though unfortunately also a lot of verbal junk, of course). I don't like how heavy CYANIDE's BW got for what are obviously just personal conflicts that carried over from another game/topic. If we are going to quick lynch him I would appreciate a list of people who are concerned with that issue so one can distinguish them from scum taking an easy ride. I will judge SIR CYANIDE only for his behaviour in this game, which so far seems not the best, I must admit. However, lynching him quick is definitely not my intetion. I also liked the idea to vig him instead. Are there any vigs in this setup? As I understand it other people's roles are totally unknown, or have I overlooked something?

/unvote

FoS Blue

@HH: Please, do not be a jerk again, at least
try
to be serious this time (@others: see newbie 929 for what i mean).

That's all so far. I really regret that I still do not have the time to read all the posts thsi game has already produced today. But I have some free tie tomorrow. I will search some suspects then. Promise!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”