Mafia 112: Ridiculous Drama! (Game Over, town win!)

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Parama wrote:SIR CYANIDE is anti-town.
oh.

how?
Henry Hathaway
Henry Hathaway
Townie
Henry Hathaway
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Henry Hathaway »

Everyone here is a scum.

Vote: Henry Hathaway
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Henry Hathaway wrote:Everyone here is a scum.

Interesting gambit.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Fate »

Parama wrote: Both die either way? I dunno. If you REALLY want to wait until night to get rid of him, I'd be willing to abandon the wagon for my Leafsnail case. Still don't see why the order matters... the only thing that could possibly change both dying in my scenario is a mafia doctor being on Leafsnail. But that requires for a maf doc to be in the game, and I'm not sure how common that is.
Also I forgot, role speculation sucks. *hits self*
You don't see how the order matters? How much more info do you think we will gain by lynching a "jackass" over "scum"?

Also this quote Fateparaphrased: "If you REALLY want me to appease you, I'll abandon my policy lynch and actually vote who I think is scum, fine."

What I want is for you to tell us who your buddies are, self-vote, and die.

Thanks in advance.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by dramonic »

SpyreX replaces Shattered Viewpoint, effective now
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Parama »

Shrinehme wrote:
Parama wrote:SIR CYANIDE is anti-town.
oh.

how?
Has he done an ounce of scumhunting yet?
All I've seen him do is get a player to replace out as well as attacking other players with RVS-logic, even past the RVS.
Henry Hathaway wrote:Everyone here is a scum.

I like it when mafia games are taken seriously, thank you.
Fate wrote:You don't see how the order matters? How much more info do you think we will gain by lynching a "jackass" over "scum"?
What information are we losing if Leafsnail is vigged and CYANIDE is lynched? (seriously, I don't know, if there's something I'm missing here feel free to explain it)
Fate wrote:Also this quote Fateparaphrased: "If you REALLY want me to appease you, I'll abandon my policy lynch and actually vote who I think is scum, fine."
Not particularly interested in appeasing anyone. I'll vote for who I want to vote, thank you.
Hi SpyreX!
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good Lord, this game.

Cyanide taking the lynch wouldn't make me cry, but, alas, I'd rather try to do a little digging deeper. Of course the whole "don't kill me till night 2" business is awesome and in and of itself means that a vig should go ahead and man up right now.

Jacob I think has flat lost his mind with 88 but its just too weird for me to go "BAM SCUM".

The one that is giving me the power itch is the cheerleader. You know, the one standing to the side tsk, tsking this wagon and whats going on without really doing anything themselves.

Vote: Shrinehme
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Oh, I missed stuff directed at me. Lesse here.
Parama wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:
Chronopie wrote:random dice is random. Or broken :P
It's also safe and unhelpful.
Blue wrote:I thought we agreed on mass lynching him due to his unpleasant and anti-feminist behaviour already.
When did this happen?
Blue wrote:Also, the random number generator chose him twice (1/400 chance) which is a good enough reason for me to get rid of him immediately.
No it doesn't make him more likely to be scum.

Vote: Blue
ITT Shrinehme doesn't understand RVS logic. That's nothing worthy of a vote, to tell you the truth. Trying to call his RVS logic scummy logic and then vote him for it is scummy logic itself.
FoS: Shrinehme
Confirm for me, please, that you earnestly believe that the following is not pushing for Cyanide's lynch and that this is merely an RVS vote:
Blue wrote:
Vote: Sir Cyanide

I thought we agreed on mass lynching him due to his unpleasant and anti-feminist behaviour already.
I mean, I'm all for disagreements, but I really don't see how this
isn't
targeting him and then posting information that has the purpose of swaying others to join the wagon ["pushing the wagon"...].

What about that is what you consider "RVS logic"? And even if it were "RVS logic", why should we just let it slide and not hold him accountable for what he does just because it's "RVS logic"?
Parama wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Konowa wrote:@Shattered: Why the unvote?
I had a feeling we were about to leave the Random Stage.
Then why haven't you placed a non-random vote?
Rushing, anyone?
I mean, seriously, the game just started. There's no need to force players to vote yet. We're not in RVS but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to be voting.
"Rushing" is weird word choice, though I guess you're right, I was rushing him. Sounds negative though, like you think it's scummy. I want[ed] him to place a vote. I have to get reads on him somehow, and I'm not getting very much from: "Oh, RVS is over! Unvote!"

I mean, if he thinks the RVS is over, then that means he should have a non-random position on
someone
or
something
. I'd have liked to see his thoughts, rather than seeing him declare the RVS over and then back away, waiting for other players to start non-RVS discussion and accusations for him.

Wouldn't
you
have liked to see a vote from him?
Parama wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:Well of course the consequences of lynching him isn't "x loses".

That's a sneaky way to neglect the fact that it will inevitably give the Town or Scum an unfair [debatable?] advantage.

Pushing a wagon for someone whom hasn't done anything particularly scummy is a good vote to me.
He's not pushing for the wagon, he RVS'ed onto it. Failing to realize this means the most likely:
a) You didn't read the thread
b) You want to get the wagon off of your scumbuddy and onto a townie
And I think you've read the thread, so b) is the option I'm picking.
He
was
pushing the wagon. His vote was not random, even if there was slight lightheartedness attached to it.

You're accusing me of being his "scumbuddy" when you don't even believe he's scum. Why?

Or...
do you
think Cyanide is scum?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hmmmm, Interesting.

Yo Panama, hook me up with a quick synopsis on Leafy because I missed the memo.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oi wait a minute

@Meh
Meh wrote: Thus far, I haven't really had any leads. Regarding the last part of your post, though- I'd say WIFOM is often a nulltell. Blue is the best lynch so far, but that's only because I haven't really noticed anything scummy from anybody else. I'd like to hear his defence against your vote though.
You don't have leads, but you think Blue is the best lynch so far? Say wut? Explain yourself. Isn't your lead on Blue right now?

@Cyanide
1. ABOUT YOUR BOOK OF TELLS
Tales
(couldn't resist lol): QQQQQQQQQQQ! Anyways. People should lead by example. I voted: which negates Leaf's point about a lack of discussion due to RVS. Leaf so far complains, which is still discussion, but not really any active discussion on players. We are going to get stuck in a circular duel of theory at this rate.

@Jacob
Um. A town directled lynch on day 1 helps in generating reads. Even if your "setup is right" with multiple kills: why a day 1 lynch is good.

a. We eliminate someone who is scummy to the town. This can be scum/scummy town.
b. We have confirmed flips to start a vote count analysis from, and the ability to do accurate VC analysis of players.
c. It gives us a book of reads on every player (hopefully) entering to day 2.

Why is a no lynch better then a day 1 lynch? You didn't explain yourself.

@98 Shattered:
This is an example of a bad post. No reason to said vote that say: Cyanide is scummy.

@99 Meh: This is an example of a post that Shattered should take notes from. Meh at least tries to outlined how Cyanide is scummy.

@100 This is where Cyanide owns Shattered. (FYI our mod is one with the rainbows, you can tone it down Cyanide lol), and he even used
my
a fairyland to own you with.

@104 I agree with Cyanide given that 98/100 exchange: The tl;dr version is: Shattered didn't attack Cyanide because he was scummy. He did however attack him because he's an asshole. Sorry folks
there is a difference between blunt people and scummy people

@Parama
1.Your points on the other players (Shrine for attacking RVSers and guilt trip, Leaf for stopping a 4 man vote "Wagon" -> not really since this is large theme, shattered for his weak stance against Cyanide reflected with his vote, mew for bad RVS since we are in discussion mode, Cyanide (see below where)), Jul's for chain saw -> however you can't really use this argument since we don't know anyone's alignments ) are good. Um Wait a minute: Cyanide is a policy lynch? Why aren't you going for the scummy reads?

2. I read the link. I frown upon it
however it gives good insight to the kind of player Cyanide is
If you consider your argument about policy lynching: are you certain that Cyanide is scum because of his play? (Well I should look into this a bit more since that link is a scum meta. :S) The only concrete scum cases that are actually good is:

a. Cyanide's vote on Konowa.
b. Farside's comments on Cyanide's vote on me while maintaining an anti-Leaf stance.

The rest has been: POLICY, which isn't a sign of scumminess, just someone who is a jerk.

Post 144. summerizes by issue with point 1 and point 2.

@Fate
Fate wrote: You realized you just called for a vig on the SCUM and a lynch on a coinflip.
Hahahaha. This is epic because you just nailed something very important here.

@Mod
In response to your homosexual lust comment: Watch Sparticus: Blood and Sand. :p

Unvote

Vote: Parama

I like this wagon and where it's going.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

YES

BACK-UP

WOOHOO
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Fate »

Welcome Spyrex! You died too soon in that other game ;)
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Everyone is afraid of a POWERFUL WIZARD.

As far as Cyanide goes today - chances are I'm not going to support the lynch.

However, if he doesn't take a bullet tonight a vig better not even bother claiming because I'm not going to believe it. And I'm going to actively hope people just quote this line and then vote for them if I'm not around.

Ol' Henry-chan up thar' needs to get the ball rolling and soon or he's gonna get his wish.

Panama, and only Panama, needs to lay out the leafbidness and why thats a good move.

With this many players there's still not enough stances and discussion for my taste. If it comes down to a power lynch well fine but I'd prefer to see some solid activity before it happens.
Show

Proud member of BaM
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Wanting or even suggesting anything like a policy lynch for any reason that does not involve scummy things said and/or done inside of the current game is, in itself, scummy.

In particular, Blue has been pushing this prospect, and with it he has contradicted himself.
Blue wrote:
Vote: Sir Cyanide

I thought we agreed on mass lynching him due to his unpleasant and anti-feminist behaviour already. Also, the random number generator chose him twice (1/400 chance) which is a good enough reason for me to get rid of him immediately.
I thought this might have been a joke, but he doesn't stop defending a Cyanide lynch for this reason.
Blue wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:Pushing a wagon for someone whom hasn't done anything particularly scummy is a good vote to me.
Ah, but if I were mafia I wouldn't be half so obvious. Because then I'd anticipate receiving votes from tunnel-vision players like yourself.

In the first round, nobody generally does anything scummy anyway. I just want to get rid of a player who is likely to cause offense.
It's great that you don't think you'd be obvious, but your complete disregard for anything useful that could come out of the first day is scummy. You say that on the first day there is not much to go on. I agree with this, but at the same time you advocate a policy lynch, which does exactly the opposite of promote discussion which we can analyze in the future. If we lynch someone right away with zero reasoning, then day two becomes just as useless as day one because all of the posts from day one were just fluff centered around the policy lynch. Fluff is bad; fluff is impossible to read because it doesn't actually have anything to do with the game.

All in all, you say you want discussion at some point and yet you are absolutely in support of a lynch which would promote no discussion tomorrow. I was going to call out Cyanide for fluff in this post, but it seems that almost this whole thread has been fluff and your policy lynch is the initiator.
Vote Blue.
Jag Johan
Jag Johan
Townie
Jag Johan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Jag Johan »

Vote: Blue

I'm with NavyCherub here. Also Blues joke about us being agreed to lynch Sir makes me remember behaviour of scums in an earlier game I played. Same with the "if I were mafia" reasoning. I think its might be signs of nervousness and a mafia feels more at ease reasoning what they would do as a mafia, since that's how they have to think anyway.

Hope someone understand what I mean. :(
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 5: Vaporize!

SIR CYANIDE (6): Shadow Dancer, Chronopie, Blue, mehplusrawr, Parama, Farside
Blue (4): Shrinehme, Konowa, NavyCherub, Jag Johan
Parama (3): Fate, SIR CYANIDE, DTMaster
Konowa (1): Julano
Shattered Viewpoint (1): FeFiFoFum
Shrinehme (1): SpyreX
No Lynch (1): JacobSavage

Not Voting (3): the1fifi, Leafsnail, Henry Hathaway

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

If anything seems incorrect in the votecount tell me.

the1fifi has 24 hours to post.

Deadline is the 11th of April
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 am

Post by Chronopie »

I think I get what you're saying jag:

"If I were scum" is a scumtell made by bad scum as a rationalisation for the play that they infact commit, thus inadvertently breadcrumbing that they are infact said scum player in and of themselves.

amirite?

If I were scum I would attempt to pass off "If I were scum" reasoning as a null-tell, committed by both newb/nervous scum,
and
newb town. (enjoy the wifom :wink: )

--

Not liking blue too much atm, Julano is tilting the scumdar, and sir cyanide (both for policy reasons, and the fact that he's already caused one replacement this game), is my prefered lynch.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 am

Post by Fate »

Panarama+Chronopie.

Let's not get sidetracked by Blue people...
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

DTMaster wrote:Oi wait a minute

@Meh
Meh wrote: Thus far, I haven't really had any leads. Regarding the last part of your post, though- I'd say WIFOM is often a nulltell. Blue is the best lynch so far, but that's only because I haven't really noticed anything scummy from anybody else. I'd like to hear his defence against your vote though.
You don't have leads, but you think Blue is the best lynch so far? Say wut? Explain yourself. Isn't your lead on Blue right now?
I meant that nobody had really done anything to merit a lynch, disregarding Sir Cyanide, whom I voted for later, which you noted. (Runonsentencelolfail)

At that time, the only vote I had was an RVS on Richard Massive, who got replaced by Panama.

Repeating myself, because I'm often hard to understand- Nobody at that time had done anything making them appear completely scummy. Blue had done the only slightly scummy thing at the time. This wasn't enough to make me vote for him yet though.

Actually, I meant to FoS him, and I apparently didn't. I keep forgetting to do that.
FoS: Blue.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:34 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

EBWOP: I and everyone else need to stop misspelling Parama's name. You're making ME start.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SpyreX wrote: However, if he doesn't take a bullet tonight a vig better not even bother claiming because I'm not going to believe it. And I'm going to actively hope people just quote this line and then vote for them if I'm not around
Dear potential Vigilante(s) #2,

SpyreX is just one person and therefore his opinion is only worth so much. Nobody is going to follow him blindly or think that your claim is worth shit if you don't put a bullet through me. This is a scum tactic and by subtly forcing you to do something ("or else we won't believe your claim nananana"), he is effectively manipulating you.

Sincerely,

[autograph]

The Townspeople.

P.S. - I love the irony and am fairly certain who's going to get the bullet anyhoo :lol:
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:17 am

Post by dramonic »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:SpyreX is just one person and therefore his opinion is only worth so much. Nobody is going to follow him blindly
Ani would...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'm a hoot
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Konowa »

Really?

@Parama: If you have solid scum reads, then why are you not pursuing them? What about my post 86 do you not understand?
Parama, post 155 wrote:What information are we losing if Leafsnail is vigged and CYANIDE is lynched? (seriously, I don't know, if there's something I'm missing here feel free to explain it)
Discussion.

I like the Parama wagon, I want more out of Blue first.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

dramonic wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:SpyreX is just one person and therefore his opinion is only worth so much. Nobody is going to follow him blindly
Ani would...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Who's ani? animorpherv91382495 or whatever?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Parama wrote:
Fate wrote:Guys, Parama just "double HOS'd" Leafsnail, but his vote is on the joke/policy wagon.

Unvote:

Vote: Parama

Am I missing something here?
Leafsnail tomorrow, we agreed to policy lynch SIR CYANIDE D1 in the sign-ups thread and there's good reason to (if you're reading this thread at all should be obvious.)
Yes call it a scum move if you want. It's not. It's an incredibly townie thing to do because SIR CYANIDE is anti-town.
Leafsnail is probably scum, so he can get vigged tonight if we have one of those (it's likely).
My vote stays.
Just looked at the queue myself for sign-ups. I was the only one who stated that I was in to quick lynch SIR I don't see it as everyone agreeing based on my one comment.

Fate is correct about policy vigs over policy lynches.
Both die either way? I dunno. If you REALLY want to wait until night to get rid of him, I'd be willing to abandon the wagon for my Leafsnail case. Still don't see why the order matters... the only thing that could possibly change both dying in my scenario is a mafia doctor being on Leafsnail.
voting on players gives info that is why if someone is scummier with more valid reasoning then policy lynching then the town can read the wagon and the players that voted. That is the difference between voting and vigging.

Henry: Post 151 way past the RVS stage.

Finally rereading of Para I realize his statements about policy lynching and calling out SIR is hyprocrictal. He has a better case on one person now over the other so if he believed this:
Agreed. Scenarios like this, where a player makes a greater case against Player A, a small point about Player B, and then votes Player B, is usually maf distancing from their partner and trying to get a townie lynch instead. It's in MY book of tells, if you must know

He should realize that his views are now more policy then scum hunting.

unvote:
vote: Parama

Pushing a policy lynch over someone you find more scummy and being a hypocrite on your own belief. Also stating the policy lynching SIR in the queue was agreed upon by everyone which is a lie. Got to say all = scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”