AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Whatever. I am still convinced of my vote. Moreover, if easjo flips scum, we can be about 99% certain that Peabody is scum as well.

Healing-D-Vision
easjo682-3- AlmasterGM, llamaeatataco, Raskol
Peabody-1- easjo682
AlmasterGM -1-Chevre
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@Mod:
I'm pretty sure we can maintain a 1-flakeout-per-week rate for a very long time.

@Almaster:
I don't see Peabody and easjo as strongly connected as you seem to, but whatever. We can try to figure it out tomorrow.

@al.:
Don't let this game languish. Post something worth reading.

@easjo:
You're the biggest offender in that regard. How can you not post at all when you're under so much pressure? How can you read 19 pages of a game and have only one line:
from what I've read I think that raskol or peabody is scum unsure of who the third one would be and I think that llama is just anti town
to say about who is scummy or townish? And why haven't you filled in the details of your role claim?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Hered, I think the worst part about that one sentence (aside from it not having about a hundred friends) is that it's just parroting what other people have said. So, not only are you not giving enough information, you're not giving any original thoughts. also,

@lurkers: Every time you flake, we have to give the new peeps time to catch up. When we do that, the game goes on for an unnecessarily long time. Post more. Give me something to talk about.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Raskol »

More time is nice, I suppose, but useless if there's nothing new to say.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Peabody »

Herodotus wrote:
Peabody wrote:Yes, it strikes me as rather odd... feigned even.
Why?
I don't think you're thinking what I'm thinking.
I'm glad you asked.

BV's post:
bv310 wrote:
Unvote

Deadline extension should be good. Gonna go back and see whether it's the Tracker or the Watcher who is lying
Contrast the above quote with this quote:
BV wrote: Given that we've already had both a Nurse and a Miller show up, those two roles really are not mutually exclusive. I'd be even more surprised if neither was and both were fakeclaiming.
First BV doesn't see a problem with there both being a Tracker and a Watcher and now he does.. not even a page later.

Let's look a couple posts later:
BV wrote:Do you have any way of knowing that there is DEFINITELY no Watcher?
It looks like BV did a 180, flip-flopping. BV at first tried to convince the town that the watcher and the tracker are NOT mutually exclusive and then he's 100% sure either easjo or I are lying. This does not make sense and it has nothing to do with my sudden Almaster bandwagon either.

BV is my biggest scum read atm.

vote bv310
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Herodotus - Did you miss the part where Peabody was lurking like crazy and then leaped in just in time to throw a vote down on a terribad wagon?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Herodotus »

I didn't think he was lurking, at least not significantly more than most of us.
And he wasn't the only one to vote you. If you consider the wagon terribad, why ignore Chevre's and bv310's involvement?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Chevre started the wagon. It is the two clowns who jumped on it are suspect. Bv could easily be scum as well.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

@alamanatee: Would that mean you are accusing Peabody of being scum with and bussing bv?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

"Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies
I wonder when it has begun
How far do
I have to go to see the light?

Stars in your eyes
Stars in your heart

You will live in shadow
of shade and commit eighth sin
Unrequited existence will turn
Everything into sin"
~Xepher

easjo682 has been lynched because 8 people are alive so half majority is 3.

easjo682 was the watcher (town). Night ends on 23 March 2010.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Herodotus »

That was sudden. :?
Guess we shouldn't make assumptions about the mod's time zone or time of day for the deadline.
Anyways, in case I don't survive the night, I have bv as more connected to easjo than Peabody is. Will explain in next post if I have time to write it up during twilight.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Herodotus »

On it's own, post 519 wouldn't be scummy. But it wouldn't fit well with post 507, if bv310 was town.
His stated reason for his vote in post 507 was clearly wrong, even if we assume that he misunderstood the deadline rules. If he only wanted to avoid a nolynch, and believed that would have happened in the event that a majority wasn't reached, he'd have voted easjo, who had 3 votes, instead of Almaster, who had 2 votes. So he was definitely specifically choosing Almaster (and it appears he didn't want to say so, but that's another issue.) On it's own, that's reasonable.

Here's why it makes post 519 scummy, though:
In post 519, he clearly indicates that he thinks at least one of Peabody or easjo is scum.
Case 1: Suppose town-bv suspects easjo was scum. Why did he just join a last minute counter-wagon against the easjo wagon?
Case 2: Suppose town-bv suspects Peabody was scum. Why did he just join a last minute counter-wagon that Peabody was quick to hop on?

Also, why does bv suddenly drop the issue of Almaster?

That's what I meant when I said there was a problem with bv310 post 519. It makes him a major suspect. But I feel pretty good about today's easjo lynch; I think they're both scum.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Ok, ready for that lynch scene now :)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by bv310 »

To be totally honest, it means I wasn't paying full attention to this game. If easjo flips scum, I won't be surprised. If both he and Peabody flip scum, I will be shocked.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

To be totally honest, it means I wasn't paying full attention to this game. If easjo flips scum, I won't be surprised. If both he and Peabody flip scum, I will be shocked.
I'm gonna call bs on this one.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:37 am

llamaeatataco started walking toward his house after the watcher died. Math... he thought.

What would be more fun the gang thought? A self destruct? Bah. He turned to Peabody he was still standing under his friend's mangled body. How could have not recognized his own partner? The man design to watch his back when he was watching everyone else.

This is simple... Llama thought...
He took out a gun and shot Peabody in the head. The town, in rage, returned an realizing that Llama was guilty wanted his lynch...at least... half of them did.

Sorry gentlemen, Raskol said, but it's game over. Raskol gave the word, and his goons immediately wiped out the town.

I can't believe it was so easy...

Mods nOtEs:
Player errors:
Miller did not claim.
Lynching a claimed power role in mylo. (lynching in mylo could also be considered an error but...eh... that's a play style difference.)
Hermit (PGO) claimed actual role. I think claiming Cop or Doctor would have been far more effective. (ESPECIALLY DOCTOR)
Player perfect!
Llamaeatataco correctly guessed the setup first, though I will admit as mafia he would have known a little more than the rest of you.

Um, really, I don't know what to say. The mafia simply played really well. I thought, for a while, Llama was going to get the noose but he managed to pull out of it, which surprised me. However easejo got lynched... I will never understand. But, I really can't judge cause I over see. I would like to apologize for the unusually high number of players.

Also, I rechecked the game and it looks relatively balanced with a psychological psyche out thrown in, but I dunno. Here's the roles:
1 Nurse
1 Hermit (PGO)
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Miller
2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Lawyer (He makes one person come up as "innocent" no matter what their prior would be result for a cop would be. Miller-> innocent, Mafia->innocent, but only for the night he targets that player.)
4 Townies

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Peabody »

You all had me fooled!!! Good job, mafia!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Thanks.

My fake scumhunting near the end was unneccessary, but I wanted some practice. :twisted:

About easjo:
When the mod asked me to replace, I read the first few pages and part of the last page before I got a role PM. I was expecting (a) that I would be replacing Lastsurvivor, and (b) that they were mafia. So I believed I would be mafia, but I thought I was a different one.

The setup was interesting. Did MrSuave not know he was a nurse? Does (informed) Miller just mean they knew they were a miller?
The PGO is potentially a key role in the outcome. It can take out the town PR's silently, or it can mutually annihilate one of the mafia.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Crap, my earlier post failed. Oh well, here's the short version:

@mod: cool setup.
@Raskol: It seemed to me that you were the cornerstone of the scumteam. Nice job.
@Heredotus: Nice job at the end with the 'scumhunting.'
@everyone: Fun game.

I sort of got the impression that I was barely pulling myself along and making up for my slips, like a person tripping and managing to hop through a minefield while trying to get their balance back. =/
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Raskol »

Thanks llama, I was afraid on that last day that I was going too hard and you would take it seriously. I think you handled it really well, though. Herodotus, you did great too; I was concerned when I saw we had a replacement but your posts really helped smooth things out. To be honest, though, town made this one really easy on us. Huge amounts of lurking combined with an irrational fear of a bandwagon before deadline (and of course, those two problems ended up compounding each other) made this a zero pressure game---and so we won without even having to get a majority.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:18 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Raskol's assessment is true, I believe. IMO, I was the scumteams weakest member, so I might be a little biased when I say this, but we didn't do too much.

@Raskol: I think it turned out rather well. Either I avoided the lynch or you could nail alamanatee the next day for 'buddying.' It ended up being the former, but the latter would have helped us just as much.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Good game, everyone. Congrats to the mafia.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 am

Herodotus wrote:Thanks.

My fake scumhunting near the end was unneccessary, but I wanted some practice. :twisted:

About easjo:
When the mod asked me to replace, I read the first few pages and part of the last page before I got a role PM. I was expecting (a) that I would be replacing Lastsurvivor, and (b) that they were mafia. So I believed I would be mafia, but I thought I was a different one.

The setup was interesting. Did MrSuave not know he was a nurse? Does (informed) Miller just mean they knew they were a miller?
The PGO is potentially a key role in the outcome. It can take out the town PR's silently, or it can mutually annihilate one of the mafia.
They were all informed accurately of their role. I have no idea why they did not claim. (Yes and Yes)

Side note: I would have aimed for a Llama lynch from early day 2, though I'm omniscient. I still can figure out how he lived so long, but I think town became apathetic somehow.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

BB, the answer is that I drugged their food. Yes, I know where you all live.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”