Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I would like to see the following people post something of substance:

NS
TW
JB

I would myself, but I have two tests tomorrow and one Friday, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post until then. Engineering blows.

V/LA until Friday
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am having a crazy day here, and with all the distractions (real work) to be done, I don't have as much Mafia time as I usually do. I should have some substance tomorrow.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:30 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

JB - Thoughts on Sucrose?
Sucrose wrote:After some re-reading, my main suspect right now is Peanut Man. And this is going to sound a little strange, but he's actually my main suspect because of the way he avoided the SSSS wagon. I think it's weird that peanut didn't say anything about SSSS or Rzhang's play, only that he thought they weren't likely to be scum because they were the main targets D1.
Seeing how I discussed this way earlier and accused peanut of it way before, why didn't you comment on it back then?

Also, I want to hear your case on dragon.

So peanut, rather then discussing your deep dislike of D1 wagons. Did anyone else rouse your suspicions after a re-read?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm real skeptical of dragon putting THAT much effort into a single mislynch as scum.

NS and Deer wouldn't bother me at this point. I need to be home though before I can get totally back into the groove.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Sucrose »

chauchaudotcom wrote:JB - Thoughts on Sucrose?
Sucrose wrote:After some re-reading, my main suspect right now is Peanut Man. And this is going to sound a little strange, but he's actually my main suspect because of the way he avoided the SSSS wagon. I think it's weird that peanut didn't say anything about SSSS or Rzhang's play, only that he thought they weren't likely to be scum because they were the main targets D1.
Seeing how I discussed this way earlier and accused peanut of it way before, why didn't you comment on it back then?

Also, I want to hear your case on dragon.

I noticed it, but wrote it off as a minor thing at the time. Honestly, I guess I was tunneled on SSSS and wasn't thinking deeply about why Peanut Man might make the arguments he was making. I also didn't notice the contradiction in post #305 until I read Peanut in ISO, which to me is more suspicious than just stating he wouldn't follow the bandwagon.

I don't really have a full case on Dragonfly. Mostly I didn't particularly like his discussion of his predecessor Rz's play (such as rating his scumminess, which seems nonsensical) Also, the shakiness of Rz's play. It's not something I'd want to lynch over at this point, just something that keeps me wary. This is all assuming that there's at least one scum on the SSSS wagon.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:27 am

Post by jbernier93 »

chauchaudotcom wrote:JB - Thoughts on Sucrose?
She doesn't seem particularly scummy, nor particularly pro-town. She has a few gaps in logic but they seem to be more from a town perspective.

Now, as for my suspicions...
Dragonfly13 replacing rzhang86 - rz dropped a few scumtells during his time in the game, including his replacing out of the game. But he definitely wasn't the scummiest player yesterday.
DF calls himself "very town" in his first post, which I find very odd and vaguely scummy.
In his next post he attempts to accuse Spyrex of word-twisting, which is odd, since I would think most townies would understand that players may not interpret things the exact way one means them to be.
This quote I find odd:
Dragonfly13 wrote: Large wagons are easy for scum to manipulate, so it seems rather awkward when scummy players have large wagons. This is due to a fear of the "scummy" player being town-aligned, because scum would naturally hold off lynching scum-mates until it appears to be too late. So why has SSSS been voted so heavily?

My argument is that the other major wagon (rz/me) is more likely to have been manipulated by scum.
I don't like this, because he's basically saying "Because I'm not scum, the other wagon must be on scum." Which doesn't seem very pro-town IMO. But some of his actions seem fairly pro-town, so I'm kinda iffy but leaning scum for his alignment.

As for Deer, he's basically spent the whole game being as vague as possible, and only made a grand total of two votes yesterday, both of them on the wagons du jour. He doesn't seem to have much original thought nor content in his posts. Frankly I don't see much, if anything pro-town about this guy.

I'm going to go with a
vote: deer
for now.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:40 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Deer, who're your top suspects at the moment?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Sucrose wrote:Yep. I'd say there was almost certainly at least one scum on the SSSS wagon. I'm a little more suspicious of Dragonfly than Deer though, but I’ll get back to that later.
I am also suspicious of Dragonfly for this:
Dragonfly13 wrote:My argument is that the other major wagon (rz/me) is more likely to have been manipulated by scum.
@DF: I read th entire post this came from, and it still doesn't hold much water with me. Can you clarify, exactly,
how
you came to the conclusion that one wagon was more likely than the other to have had scum involvement? I just don't see it, sorry.

There are, what, four people on V/LA till the weekend? This game needs more oomph.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

sykedoc wrote:
Attention players: I lost The Game
What should we interpret from this comment? Has our game been abandoned?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:37 am

Post by peanutman »

@NS, you could add oomph by addressing many of the questions/comments/accusations sent your way in the past week (even at the end of D1).

Also, from your comment on Tuesday about "substance", simply parroting what others have said doesn't qualify as substance in my books. Try again!
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Sucrose »

Nobody Special wrote:
Dragonfly13 wrote:My argument is that the other major wagon (rz/me) is more likely to have been manipulated by scum.
@DF: I read th entire post this came from, and it still doesn't hold much water with me. Can you clarify, exactly,
how
you came to the conclusion that one wagon was more likely than the other to have had scum involvement? I just don't see it, sorry.

There are, what, four people on V/LA till the weekend? This game needs more oomph.
I can see
why
he would think this (if he's town), since he knows his own alignment, but it's a useless point to make, since we don't.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Nobody Special wrote:
sykedoc wrote:
Attention players: I lost The Game
What should we interpret from this comment? Has our game been abandoned?

Look up "The Game" on Google

VC and prod check tonight
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Peanutman - what's your view on Te?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 am

Post by peanutman »

For the most part, I think that he's played a tight game. There are however two things that are of note.
TW-iso5 wrote:In light of recent posts, I'd say waterfoul. But I'm very perturbed by how long fallen angel and especially rzhang have been essentially out of the game because of the replacement trouble and am not ready to vote for anyone until I hear more from their replacements.
Not too sure why he wouldn't want to vote just because replacements hadn't been found yet. Sure, a player replacing in can change the dynamic, but the game shouldn't stop because there's a vacancy.

His second vote on SSSS. Both of his votes didn't seem very strong. He backed off the first one after being satisfied with SSSS's answer. He then placed a voted later on because you (CCDC) invited others to join the bandwagon.
TW-iso9 wrote:
chauchaudotcom wrote:So. I have a proposition. You guys should all join the smash wagon. Why? Because wagons are good. Wagons make stuff happen. Do it. You know you wanna.
Sounds like fun!

Unvote, Vote: smashbro_of_the_SSS
This vote was retracked about 12 hours later because he was uncomfortable with him having four votes and not being able to check the thread for 24 hours. What I can't understand is his rationale for the second vote. He says he was a bit lazy but I have trouble buying that. So ya, his weak feelings towards SSSS, even though he voted him twice, and quickly withdrawing afterwards do give me some doubt on him, though I think he's played fairly well up to now.

Also,
mod : prod TeWuicah
(has yet to post D2)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Someone do a little post-count check. Considering the way yeesterday went down we're looking at at least one lurker scum (double points if they're on the wagon).
Show

Proud member of BaM
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Whoa. Only ~14 posts since I left? That's surprising.
Sucrose wrote:I don't really have a full case on Dragonfly. Mostly I didn't particularly like his discussion of his predecessor Rz's play (such as rating his scumminess, which seems nonsensical) Also, the shakiness of Rz's play. It's not something I'd want to lynch over at this point, just something that keeps me wary. This is all assuming that there's at least one scum on the SSSS wagon.
When I replaced into the game, I knew who I was replacing, but I tried to take an outside perspective on the game for as long as possible, because my mindset tends to be more rational or something. When I read other games that I'm not in, it's sometimes easier to pick out who's scum than when I'm playing in the game with them. So I tried to take an assessment of everyone in the game at that point, and because that assessment included
everyone
, including rz, I felt it was best not to leave anything out. I suppose I
could
have left out my thoughts about rz, but couldn't that be interpreted as odd also, given how much analysis I did? What's the way to win here?

My responses in bold:
JB wrote:DF calls himself "very town" in his first post, which I find very odd and vaguely scummy.
Not to bring WIFOM in here (as if it wasn't already here...) but should I call myself anything else? Isn't that what everyone in the game would say about themselves? How is that scummy just because I said it? Could it be that I said it because I was doing so much analysis I just had to get it out there? I belong to at least two majorities in this game, one being people who would assess themselves as "very town," (everyone... aside from maybe water_foul? Hmm.) so why single me out?

In his next post he attempts to accuse Spyrex of word-twisting, which is odd, since I would think most townies would understand that players may not interpret things the exact way one means them to be.
Yeah, I'm leaning town on Spy right now, just from vibes, but water_foul was really scummy to me and I had just replaced in, so I was pretty literal and a bit blunt when he decided not to welcome me as politely as he could have.

This quote I find odd:
Dragonfly13 wrote:Large wagons are easy for scum to manipulate, so it seems rather awkward when scummy players have large wagons. This is due to a fear of the "scummy" player being town-aligned, because scum would naturally hold off lynching scum-mates until it appears to be too late. So why has SSSS been voted so heavily?

My argument is that the other major wagon (rz/me) is more likely to have been manipulated by scum.
I don't like this, because he's basically saying "Because I'm not scum, the other wagon must be on scum." Which doesn't seem very pro-town IMO. But some of his actions seem fairly pro-town, so I'm kinda iffy but leaning scum for his alignment.
Okay, so that wasn't a very logical "argument," but it made sense at the time because I thought SSSS was scum. I was probably rambling at this point, and I was trying to step back and see whether SSSS was just playing really newbish or if he was actually scum. He didn't play very well. He had several contradicting statements, among other things I outlined in my TEXT post.
NS wrote:I am also suspicious of Dragonfly for this:
@DF: I read th entire post this came from, and it still doesn't hold much water with me. Can you clarify, exactly, how you came to the conclusion that one wagon was more likely than the other to have had scum involvement? I just don't see it, sorry.
Wanna bring something new to the table instead of regurgitating? See above response inside the JB quote. Basically this:
peanut wrote:Also, from your comment on Tuesday about "substance", simply parroting what others have said doesn't qualify as substance in my books. Try again!
@NS:
What's your opinion of peanutman? What do you think of JB?
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 am

Post by sykedoc »

Sorry, having some MS site problems.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Dragonfly13 wrote:
@NS:

I think peanutman is playing very pro-town; much better than I thought of FA. I'm not quite clear on how peanutman is so suspicious of me, though. I've been a bit busy, yes; but It's not like I'm Actively Lurking or anything. I'm not purposely ignoring any questions.

As far as jbernier93 is concerned (did I get his name perfectly right? I'd hate to have him mad at me for not paying attention or some nonsense.) I think he's quite potentially scum -- I've been in a game or two with him and he's playing .... oddly this time out. plus, some of his ideas are just ... weird. Plus, his assuredness on SSSSSS being scum and then his humourous attempt at cooking a sock afterwards -- just, again, odd. Not an odd play, but an odd way of handking it, I think.

And I know I've not been around much lately, but work is just being a pain right now. It's getting better this week, I think. My apologies.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

Nobody Special wrote: As far as jbernier93 is concerned (did I get his name perfectly right? I'd hate to have him mad at me for not paying attention or some nonsense.) I think he's quite potentially scum -- I've been in a game or two with him and he's playing .... oddly this time out. plus, some of his ideas are just ... weird. Plus, his assuredness on SSSSSS being scum and then his humourous attempt at cooking a sock afterwards -- just, again, odd. Not an odd play, but an odd way of handking it, I think.
How exactly is my behavior here inconsistent with my behavior in other games?
How are weird ideas scumtells?
And how is being humorous a scumtell?
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Sucrose »

Nobody Special wrote:
Dragonfly13 wrote:
@NS:

I think peanutman is playing very pro-town; much better than I thought of FA. I'm not quite clear on how peanutman is so suspicious of me, though. I've been a bit busy, yes; but It's not like I'm Actively Lurking or anything. I'm not purposely ignoring any questions.

As far as jbernier93 is concerned (did I get his name perfectly right? I'd hate to have him mad at me for not paying attention or some nonsense.) I think he's quite potentially scum -- I've been in a game or two with him and he's playing .... oddly this time out. plus, some of his ideas are just ... weird.
Mind being specific? What about his play is odd?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vote: Nobody Special

342 is one of the single most bizarre posts I've ever seen.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And just to be clear, this isn't one of those "ohh hey" kind of bizarres but "wow, I've never seen such open ended and hedging paragraphs that does very little but sure makes it look like, maybe, just maybe, they're trying to find scum but aren't really because in actuality they are the scum"
Show

Proud member of BaM
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Vote Count

Deer(2): Chauchaudotcom, jbernier93
Nobody Special(2): peanutman, SpyreX
Peanutman(1): Sucrose
9 alive. 5 to kill.

People being prodded:

Deer
TeWuicah

People V/LA:

Dragonfly, SpyreX(?), NS(?)
(?) <--- this means correct me if you're not
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Deer's been consistently active in other games but not in this one, even though I purposely directed a question to test this. Thus I conclude he is active lurking and my vote stays.

NS's latest post is...........

......yea.

I'd like to hear his answer to people's questions first.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Sucrose - What is your current view on deer?

Also, I believe someone asked for a post count check thingie mabober. I counted RVS talk/questioning or whatever as out game (b4 the gambit/serious votes).

D1 Activity

Water/Spy - 9/9
2 out game
1 mod question
6/9 in game

FA/Peanut - 39
10 out game
2 apologies/promises to post
27/6 in game

RZ/DF - 22/6
2/2 out game
20/4 in game