Newbie 920: Mafia in Newbietown (Game over! Town wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fiyr
Fiyr
Townie
Fiyr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Fiyr »

I'm liking this less and less. The least you guys could do is stop swearing, it's making me cringe. I hope this is better by tommorow. -Fiyr out.
I love cats...! :3

Mafia is like 'Where is Waldo,' ... so uh, where IS Waldo anyway?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

3rd vote count of day 2:

mariomaster777 - 2 (Unsight, Julano)
Mcgriddle - 1 (Ythan)
Ythan - 1 (Mcgriddle)

Not voting (FluffyGiggles, Fiyr, mariomaster777)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Deadline is April 6th at 6pm central.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Ythan »

Regardless of disliking it there are cases afoot. Don't just dodge out please.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by McGriddle »

I am now ignoring Ythan so if anyone has an issue with something he said tell me about it. I would still like to know more about people thoughts on the plan. I am really passionate about this plan guys, I know it's a great plan and I have been thinking about the pros and cons and the benefits of it out weight the cons severely.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

Anti-town thy name is McGriddle.
FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

Post by FluffyGiggles »

I'm mixed on the plan; while it works in theory it contains inherent risk. Currently, my opinion is that it would be better to simply begin the process of scumhunting rather than attempt to drown the remaining scum with mostly irrelevant information.

While McGriddle and Ythan are having a charmingly somewhat-personal argument, I'm concerned that Fiyr dropped in to tell the combatants to stop being so mean to each other.

As to the argument itself ... neither are exactly coming off smelling like roses. Ythan is, as Fiyr, McGriddle and Ythan himself has said, being a jerk and winding McGriddle up. However, McGriddle's cracking, dropping things which could be construed as AtE's, and has the stigma of being suspicious during the previous day.

If you gents could calmly post logical cases devoid of antagonism etc, that would be quite nice. Regardless, a long trawl through day 1 will soon be in order ... soon -_-.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:24 am

Post by McGriddle »

@ Fluffy - we both have logical cases against eachother. Mines a hell of a lot more logical as I used LOGIC rather than taking every sentence out of context.

When you take sentences out of context in order to get a town member killed that is a sure fire scum tell. Which is why my vote is confirmed on Ythan.

The plan doesn't hurt to at least try it. If it fails, at least we have 1 confirmed town member the next day.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Ythan »

The bulk of my case is in 612. Grid's case is to keep saying over and over that he has one. His "logic" is apparently inane repetition. He likes to say that every single point in my case is out of context but it's just his way to ignore the entire thing. He doesn't even attempt to explain how a single point is invalid but just makes that blanket idiotic accusation and goes back to flooding the thread with his emotional whining.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Unsight »

Seriously, Ythan and McGriddle... you two need to knock it off.

Your stupid bickering almost let Carl slip out of our grasp on Day 1 and now you're doing it again. I'd like you both to step back and look at everyone else to see who looks suspicious outside of one another.
Games are meant to be fun.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:03 am

Post by McGriddle »

It's knocked off, I am ignoring him now so I can focus on everyone else. That being said I am convinced he is scum.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Fiyr
Fiyr
Townie
Fiyr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Fiyr »

Truth is, I shouldn't have even been on then. :(
I was actually in the middle of very boring HW. I got distracted to say the least. That is why I "dodged out" or watever.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Ythan »

McGriddle continuously talks about how sure I am that he's scum but he doesn't have a case and is never going to make one. Doing nothing pro-town, in addition to questionable points he has refused to address. Why exactly is he still alive?
Julano
Julano
Townie
Julano
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Julano »

Fiyr wrote:I'm liking this less and less. The least you guys could do is stop swearing, it's making me cringe. I hope this is better by tommorow.
^ This.
It's very emotional from both of you. If you are both town despite your apparent certainty about each other, such an attention-grabbing argument is exactly what the mafia wants.

I like FluffyGiggle's response to me in post 585.
FluffyGiggles wrote:-You changed your mind on McGriddle due to him being suspicious of the easiest lynch option possible? He didn't go after Sagan until Neto turned up the heat on him, something else to think about.
-As a new joiner, Ythan did try to swing the lynch away from Carl Sagan. He was pushing pretty strong for a McGriddle lynch.
I -think- I still stand by the McGriddle judgement. Sagan, known by the other mafia to be the roleblocker, would never be an easy lynch for the mafia.
I might have got my facts wrong here.

How come Mario came on, posted only about the cop plans and then left without being picked up on it?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Ythan »

Julano, if you're going to declare us both town please provide some meager shred of evidence.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Unsight »

Ythan wrote:Julano, if you're going to declare us both town please provide some meager shred of evidence.
Where in his post did he "declare you both town?"
Games are meant to be fun.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

The part where I missed the if at the beginning of his sentence.
mariomaster777
mariomaster777
Townie
mariomaster777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by mariomaster777 »

I had an interview yesterday remember? Much of my day was spent preparing, so I could only address the most pressing issue. McGriddle was asking for feedback on his plan, and I gave it. It was a time critical issue since McGriddle posted this:
McGriddle wrote:So everyone who agrees with the plan write "Yes" bolded at the bottom of their post.

yes
Having posted my thoughts, I put it back on McGriddle to better explain his plan and left. There was no reason to "stay" online until I got a response. In my opinion, he has NOT done this, so I am not convinced that we should use this plan.

With that settled in my mind, I turn my attention to reviewing day 1. I'll post my thoughts after I've combed through the 26 page thread.
Group co-operation is like a puzzle. If the pieces don't fit, you aren't pushing hard enough.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Oh my. Let me post this as plain and simple as possible as some people don't understand this VERY simple plan.

First. We all claim cop at the end of the day when we are about to lynch someone. Then we claim a person as innocent (pick a random person if you aren't REALLY the cop.) Then the next day there will have been a NK if we didn't lynch scum. If the NK happens to have occurred on the cop, that's when the person the dead cop claimed innocent gets a free pass that day, and hopefully that is enough to catch scum that day. That is the worst case scenario here. The next benefit is that if the real cop doesn't get NK'd that night he will have a 2nd innocent to claim innocent and that he is the real cop. That way there will be 1 confirmed cop, 2 confirmed townies, 1 scum, and 1 unconfirmed townie. That is a scenario that results in a win for town. The next night the cop dies, and the wrong townie was lynched, that leaves lylo with 2 innocent townies and an unknown player who is scum.

This is a great plan. If you are unclear about any of this let me know. I really want to win this game.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Text ruleset has been added to in order to expressly forbid encrypted text.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Ythan »

Everyone's thoughts on McGriddle's insistence on ignoring anything ever except for criticisms of his plan which are only met with OMGUS?
Fiyr
Fiyr
Townie
Fiyr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Fiyr »

Everyone's thoughts on McGriddle's insistence on ignoring anything ever except for criticisms of his plan which are only met with OMGUS?
I personally don't think he's doing (or watever the helping verb would be) OMGUS. He does however seem to be blowing off a couple concerns people brought up which means a) he's really confident and exited in this plan b) He cares not because he's scum or c) He simply dislikes answering or doubts.
Ythan wrote:
McGriddle wrote:1. I am looking into both carl and netopalis as a possible scum pair. Don't ask me why they are a pair, I just can't decide which one of them if not both are scum.

Out of the blue
I just noticed this amongst the rest of your large posts.
How is this, like, anything? So what if it is out of the blue, so is this.
post # 612 BTW.

McGriddle- I apologize, are you still waiting on my evaluation of yesterday's top lynch canidates?

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Yes I am Fiyr. I would certainly like to hear what you think, not because I think you are scummy, but because I would like to see your analysis, and see if it could help mine.

I haven't seen any concerns, could you please direct me? And yes, I AM really excited about this plan haha. No need to apologize :D
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

Fiyr wrote:How is this, like, anything? So what if it is out of the blue, so is this.
post # 612 BTW.
Just because one player does something doesn't mean it never matters if anyone else does it, don't you know that?
FluffyGiggles
FluffyGiggles
Townie
FluffyGiggles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 am

Post by FluffyGiggles »

Concerns with plan:

-We're giving the mafia more information to locate the final power role, who I'd very much rather remained alive.
-Your idea of addressing concerns is restating the plan.
-You aren't doing much of anything aside from pushing this plan and bickering with Ythan.
-Mafiascum is lagging, making it harder for me to check recent posts when I have limited time here.

Oops, it somehow changed to 'Concerns with McGriddle, and then on to concerns in general'. Funny that.

Yes I am Fiyr. I would certainly like to hear what you think, not because I think you are scummy, but because I would like to see your analysis, and see if it could help mine.
I'm curious for some McGriddle analysis personally :wink:
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 am

Post by McGriddle »

FluffyGiggles wrote:
Concerns with plan:

-We're giving the mafia more information to locate the final power role, who I'd very much rather remained alive.
-Your idea of addressing concerns is restating the plan.
-You aren't doing much of anything aside from pushing this plan and bickering with Ythan.
-Mafiascum is lagging, making it harder for me to check recent posts when I have limited time here.

Oops, it somehow changed to 'Concerns with McGriddle, and then on to concerns in general'. Funny that.

I'm curious for some McGriddle analysis personally :wink:
Okay there was only one thing in that post that was a concern for the plan. that is that we are giving the mafia too much information. That is no concern, because as long as today we don't attempt to lynch the cop, we will not be giving anything away TODAY. Tomorrow the cop does a REAL claim and sacrifices himself for the town win. (Unless we lynch the right one out of the 2).

This means:

Night 1:

Lynch Carl Sagan - scum
mafia kills Neto - Doc
Cop investigates - innocent townie

Night 2:

Lynch player
mafia kills player
2 options:
1. Cop investigates an innocent townie (Day 3 they post saying "I am the REAL cop, and I investigated 2 innocent townies whose names are ____ and ___" Leaving that claimed cop, and 2 unknown townies.
2. Cop investigates scum (Day 3 will result in the REAL cop claiming, and probably a counter claim by scum. The counter claim will result in a town win because town has 2 chances to lynch scum, if they believe the first person they lynch him, if he turns up town then the counter claimed cop will be confirmed scum and be killed in lylo.)

Night 2 (2nd option): [worst case scenario]
Lynch player
mafia kills cop
(Day 3 you will have at least 1 confirmed townie because the cop was NK'd and the day before he declared somebody innocent.)

I hope this helps everyone see the plan a little better.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”