Mini 935 -- The Fountainhead (Completed)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kthxbye wrote:My bad then. Did not look at time hacks.

Modified question then. Do you think d3x was justified in his light RoleFishing note on me before I clarified p308?
I took this as an unspoken FOS. I might have missinterpreted.

I'll let dx answer the rest.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by d3x »

@Zang322- /facepalm Can't you just answer a simple question?

@Porkens323- Because you weren't. The big difference between what you did and what Kthx did, is that it felt to me like Kthx was trying to get more info from AGM; not of his investigation {although he did ask that too}, but of his Role itself. It would help the Scum to know the specifics of whether AGM is a Cop or a Watcher or a Tracker or ... whatever, I think you get my point. Also, I disagree completely that Kthx is 'attacking' me in the least.

@Kthx324- Role Fishing {to me at least} is trying to find out information about a player's Role, be it name or function or what-have-you. The reason I consider what you did "light RoleFishing" {if what I said to Porkens isn't satisfactory} is that we don't know the extent of AGM's Role and as of right now, I don't think we need to. I don't think it's a bad thing to ask for a result, but you were potentially fishing for more info about the Role itself, and that doesn't sit well with me.

Do you think there is something suspicious about the reasons the 3 you mentioned were not on the Lynch? The Day had been open ~10 hours and Budja hadn't even posted. RC and Fate had each only made a single post and both put forth questions. Also of note imo, is that what Fate posted, DDDP was at L-3 and when RC posted, he was L-4.

@Porkens325- What is an "unspoken FoS"? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Budja »

I thought you were responding to Almaster not Porkens.
I also saw your questioning re. d3x as attack of sorts. (not quite sure of the exact wording of what I'm trying to convey. Defensive-attack maybe :P)

I wasn't online. Besides, smart scum would bus DDD anyway.
I don't like your opinion on this.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

I don't really know what goes on in Zang's brain.

I'm not really sure that we can read much into the DDD wagon, once a guilty verdict is in there's no incentive for scum to argue against the lynch. Therefore I tend to think that a position on or off the wagon is essentially null. At the very least, given how short the day was, I'm not about to condemn anyone for not being on it.
the nexus of the crisis
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by d3x »

EBWOP: that
when
Fate posted, DDDP was at L-3
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by cruelty »

Actually I think Porkens mentioned it earlier, but it seems unlikely that mafia have two roleblockers, so AGM must have gotten a result last night. What was it and why haven't you mentioned it yet?
the nexus of the crisis
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm not ready to condemn, but with no new info in d2, I thought it would be a good place to start is all. Like cruelty said, once a guilty verdict is in there's no incentive for scum to argue. I think you could stretch that to there being no real reason to ask questions either.

I only mentioned Budja because his vote's on a townie, it wasn't (and still isn't) explained, and he wasn't on the lynch. The not being on the lynch is the least of the suspicions, but it's something to consider.

Budja: I don't see anything in p327 that conveys your reasoning for voting me. If you can't come up with why you are still voting me in your next post, you're getting my vote.
--------------
cruelty: The more I think about it, the more I don't think AGM should give his innocent results unless we are trying to lynch that person. I say this because as soon as he does, it puts a target on their back. Assuming AGM doesn't get their role in w/e method he receives their alignment, he could have targeted the guy saving him. If he told us and put a target on that persons back, he inadvertently killed off the next person.

Keep the innocent results to yourself please AGM (assuming you get them).
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Budja »

Guess.
My views on you have adapted. You are not scummy for your initial post but the ones that followed.
Your reaction to d3x, me.
Your focus on DDD wagon.
Also, your over-the top sense of self-preservation :P.
(Your last few posts also feel off, so gut too).
I'm happy where I stand.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Fate »

Scum probably didn't have the balls to try and kill AGM and fail. I'm guessing the doc then WIFOM'd and protected someone else. Just speculation though.

I'm going to give this game another read when I have more time. Been a bit busy with work lately.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Porkens 323 wrote:I'm a tad confused here, Kthx. I thought your reason for saying "maybe he's not a cop" was perfectly obvious (see Zang 318, of all things), but when pressed you avoided the questions and just repeated repeating that you weren't Rolefishing. In fact, you go so far as to attack the person that said you were rolefishing. Makes me think you actually were Rolefishing.
Preach on, Porkens. This is exactly the interpretation I got.

Again, Porkens and Budja make solid arguments that I think carry weight.

---
Kthx 324 wrote:Also note, that those not on the lynch of DDD are my personal first suspects. (Budja, Fate, RedCoyote). Saying this out loud so to speak is prolly gonna land me some heat, but it makes logical sense and I'm wondering why it's not being done.
This is fair, you know, it deserves to be prodded into a little bit. Normally I am more aggressive, but I honestly wanted to hear DDD's claim before you hammered him. I think your hammer is the only thing that's keeping me from voting you at the moment, but I'm curious why you seem to be getting very defensive over something that seems fairly cut and dry to me.

You called Almaster a Cop (or "possibly not a Cop"). That was an assumption on your part. The question d3x was asking was why did you go for that assumption as opposed to saying, "...or Almaster isn't a PR..."? Was it just a mistake?

---
cruelty 328 wrote:I'm not really sure that we can read much into the DDD wagon, once a guilty verdict is in there's no incentive for scum to argue against the lynch. Therefore I tend to think that a position on or off the wagon is essentially null. At the very least, given how short the day was, I'm not about to condemn anyone for not being on it.
This is a fair point as well. That being said, I'm going to have to say that I'm possibly favoring a lynch on you today, cruelty. I've wanted to be more critical of myself when reading you, and I've found something very strange about the interaction between you, DDD, and Fate.

DDD/cruelty
cruelty 125 wrote:It's page 5, day 1. There's no way I'm not going to have doubts about my vote - I'm happy and willing to concede that AGM, despite being the scummiest player in the game (imo, of course) at this point is quite possibly town. With that in mind, I'm not going to ramp up the votes this early, with so little information out there.
Here is cruelty's response to Fate's argument that cruelty is suspicious for not being willing to pressure Almaster. Essentially cruelty is saying here that he doesn't want to bring a wagon to L-2 because he could be wrong about him and the scum could possibly take advantage of the situation. This post in and of itself is kind of strange, and it would cause waves with multiple people including...
DDD 128 wrote:But for town to lose those assets, scum would have to suicide. And I really can't think of a single town asset that I wouldn't trade for two scum; hell I don't think there's more than one or two roles than I wouldn't trade for a single scum. Explanation simply doesn't fly.

Unvote; Vote: cruelty
DDD says pointedly that cruelty is way offbase with this statement. DDD had just got through making a post whining about how his Almaster wagon lost its numbers. It almost seems artifical that he would quickly abandon that sentiment and jump to cruelty over one post.
cruelty 130 wrote:What?

My thinking is this: AGM in my mind was at L3. If I put him at L2, then it just takes one gimp to come bumbling along and vote him (and I'm very conscious that Zang is in the game), then scum can quickly hammer, getting 2 chances to knock off town assets + gaining the benefit of town going into day2 essentially blind. I don't really want that to happen; I might be naively optimistic but I'm holding out hope that we'll happen upon a relatively sure thing rather than lynching someone based on weak reasoning which is the inevitable hallmark of a day 1 lynch.
Going back on this, it really sounds like malarkey. I don't know. Take this answer how you will, as it would eventually get Fate to back off, but I'm more concerned with what DDD has to say.
DDD 155 wrote:He did basically say he left the Horror wagons solely because of V/LA and was using the time to explore other avenues.

The awkward thing is how he announces it; personally I think if you're going to do something, just do it, no need to disclaimer everything twelve ways to Sunday, but it still feels more like a legitimate playstyle difference to me than for example cruelty's recent failure of an argument and calling that a playstyle difference.
Nothing. DDD has absolutely nothing to say about cruelty's explanation other than disagreeing with it, despite jumping his precious Almaster wagon for him. DDD makes a comment about horror and Fate here, basically throwing some light suspicion at Fate without really making a move. Again, the point here is in what isn't being said.
DDD 157 wrote:Is there really a functional difference between re-voting horror with no new content a day before he comes back and after he comes back? I could see your argument if he had provided new reasons that it could be considered unsporting to do that while horror was gone, but I don't really see any practical difference if he was merely resuming his position on the wagon.
More Fate talk in response to d3x. No mention of cruelty or Almaster.
DDD 160 wrote:But at the same time you don't want to take pressure off him simply he went on V/LA; and if you encourage behavior that allows that to happen then you've created a perverse system where people can damp suspicion on themselves by going on V/LA.
See above.
DDD 200 wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Horror

He's posting in other games but not this one.
Unvote; Vote: Horror

Well that seals it for me.
And that's the end of the cruelty wagon for DDD.

In summation, the whole cruelty wagon seems relatively artifical. cruelty never really has any further discussions with DDD so far as I can tell, and neither does Fate. My conclusion is that there is a scum between Fate and cruelty, and I think I would be open to lynching either or possibly both. I'm leaning toward cruelty at the moment though.

Vote: cruelty
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Fate »

Holy shit.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Fate »

It's nothing personal against you man, you replaced into a bad situation. But if you're really gonna flip town, might as well help us out while you can. I'll even unvote to prevent any hammers before you've gotten a chance to say your peace.

Unvote
Let's wait to hammer till after we get everyone to post. I personally would like to hear something worthwhile from cruelty (super careful townie or not, his posts are lacking imo). Also would like to hear from D3x and get some opinions from AMG about what's happened since he went V/LA. DDD and Budja thoughts would also be appreciated before the hammer. Let's not get in too much a rush folks. Let's also remember that DeathSauce very well could flip Miller as he says so that is still a Mislynch and since I can't see how scum knew he was a miller, scum were pushing for his lynch long before DS replaced in. I don't see how the day ends with anything but a DS lynch, so no harm in getting the rest of the players to post some comments.
No reason not to go with this. DDD's posts seem like scrambling scum so here's the quickest day I've ever partaken in.

Stop, hammer time!

Vote: DDD
Stop, wagon time!

Vote: Kthxbye
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by Fate »

Kthxbye wrote:Also note, that those not on the lynch of DDD are my personal first suspects. (Budja, Fate, RedCoyote). Saying this out loud so to speak is prolly gonna land me some heat, but it makes logical sense and I'm wondering why it's not being done. Note this includes someone who currently has a vote on me and even though I feel d3x and Porkens are off base with this fishing thing, they aren't the most suspicious of the 3.
Should probably add this to my pile o' quotes for good measure. Oh Kthx, you silly little panther.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by cruelty »

Hang on.

Your case against me is based on the varying degrees with which DDD (proven scum) interacted with me? You got any instances where I'm actually doing something scummy, or is this all related to the -only- (proven) villainous player in the game?

I understand the drawing connections deal but you're not actually building a case against me here at all. Remove the DDD quotes and you have my hesitation to leap to a lynch on day 1. Which, incidentally, has subsequently proven a reasonably astute play (given the central role AGM played in DDD's lynch).

I'm not particularly thrilled about this to be honest, I don't really rate your case, I think you're walking well-trodden ground with the day1 lynch stuff, and I think picking and choosing select things that scum said is dangerous (at best).

kthx wrote:cruelty: The more I think about it, the more I don't think AGM should give his innocent results unless we are trying to lynch that person. I say this because as soon as he does, it puts a target on their back. Assuming AGM doesn't get their role in w/e method he receives their alignment, he could have targeted the guy saving him. If he told us and put a target on that persons back, he inadvertently killed off the next person.
I don't really see the issue here. Scum already know who is innocent. All an innocent verdict will do is knock another name of the lynch-list and make life harder for scum. Even the night kill becomes a guessing game - do they hit AGM or do they hit the confirmed townie? Who's the doctor protecting? It's pro-town chaos, great.

This actually reads like you're scum trying to sound pro-town. I don't really like it, so I'm gonna jump on this wagon.

vote: kthx

I think this puts him at L1.

Incidentally I'm not ruling out the slight possibility that AGM is ballsy, bussing scum. Just sayin'..
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by cruelty »

(everything above the quote is directed at RC)
the nexus of the crisis
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by Budja »

Nice find Fate. I'm
very
happy with my vote.
Cruelty point is valid (I was thinking in a similar way towards that quote) but plays against your "careful voter" playstyle. (Any reason for the change in attitude?)

RC's case does nothing for me. I don't read cruelty/DDD scumbuddies from those quotes.
If Kthx is scum, RC would be a good candidate for third scum IMO.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:05 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count -- D3

Kthxbye (4) -- Budja, Porkens, Fate, cruelty
Zang (1) -- d3x
cruelty (1) -- RedCoyote

Not Voting (3) -- Kthxbye, Zang, AlmasterGM

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 28 APR 2010 4:15am UTC. (Deadline)
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Porkens »

We're going to earn enough "days ended early" points to buy a new walkman!

Hmmm, no one is going to get that reference. oh well.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:16 am

Post by Porkens »

Dx, Kthx asked if your accusation of rolefishing was "justified." That's what made me read "attack"

But that's really minor, the point is that Kthx response should have been, when you accused him of rolefishing:

A: What is rolefishing?
B: Mafia could have no-killed / Doc save / etc.

but not:

"I'm not rolefishing, why do you say I'm rolefishing, hey guys can you believe he said I was rolefishing? Guys?"
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Wow, this wagon is almost as fast as DDD's. Hrm...I wonder if there's scum on it. (/sarcasm) I'm willing to stake my life on the fact that if there are 2 scum left, they are BOTH already on my wagon. I'm not usually this crazy, but it seems that me explaining meanings of posts is somehow scummy and over the top. I honestly do think the scum are on my wagon right now and I want it to stay that way.

Hammer vote: Kthxbye

Now that I'm dead and my flip will come, I'll explain a little bit more what's going through my head. When D2 started and AGM gave us the info, I like I'm sure everyone else, thought AGM to be a Cop. With that, I started thinking our best best would be to race with the scum. With no kill N2, we have a head start even. If AGM is a Cop, then we could no lynch during the day and investigate during the Night. This way we are only potentially losing one town per day instead of risking a mislynch during the day. Then I thought what if I suggest this and AGM ISN'T a Cop. This obviously wouldn't work if the set-up that we town have isn't a Cop Doc scenario. Hense the post that AGM might not be a Cop as Porkens assumed.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

:|
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Kthxbye »

/shrug, I'm gambling that scum are on my wagon right now. If not one then two of them. I just narrowed the suspects to 4 people. Should be an easy win for us.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 am

Post by HowardRoark »

A hardworking man can often be lead astray. Some may use him as the barometer of public opinion because his values change with the tide. Nonetheless, he was not a bad citizen.

Final Vote Count -- D3

Kthxbye (5) -- Budja, Porkens, Fate, cruelty, Kthxbye
Zang (1) -- d3x
cruelty (1) -- RedCoyote

Not Voting (2) -- Zang, AlmasterGM

Kthxbye --
Townie
-- Alvah Scarret -- Lynched Day 3

It is now N3. Deadline is 22 MAR 2010 2:15pm UTC. (Deadline)

Day 3 ended 40 days early; 20 days will be added to tomorrow's day phase.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:08 am

Post by HowardRoark »

I know an honest man. He lacked talent and was a shrewd businessman, but at at least he was honest. His philosophies were counterproductive and if I could had stayed under his employ I would have never created the Stoddard Temple. Although, the world may never see it nor the beautiful sculpture inside . . . one piece of art that truly emulated the grace of the model . . . it has been built . . . and has united some of us . . . though there is also loss . . .

Zang --
Townie
-- Dominique Francon -- Killed Night 3
Budja --
Townie
-- Guy Francon -- Killed Night 3

Vote Count -- D4

Not Voting (6) -- Fate, d3x, cruelty, Porkens, AlmasterGM, RedCoyote

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

It is now D4. Deadline is 26 APR 2010 2:15pm UTC. (Deadline)
Last edited by HowardRoark on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

cruelty 338 wrote:Your case against me is based on the varying degrees with which DDD (proven scum) interacted with me? You got any instances where I'm actually doing something scummy, or is this all related to the -only- (proven) villainous player in the game?
How do you explain DDD's relationship with you? Do you think he was sincerely interested in pressuring you? In lynching you? I noticed you never really had any discussion with him and vice versa. Also, you on the Kthx wagon, despite Kthx hammering DDD, seemed a little peculiar. I mean, you put Kthx at L-1 without really giving it a second thought,
cruelty 338 wrote:
vote: kthx

I think this puts him at L1.
But you were scared to vote Almaster during D1,
cruelty 84 wrote:
Budja wrote:
[cruelty] wrote:That's how I read it. That said, I'm unwilling to push his wagon any further because I know that I've done this in the past as town (and I don't want to be a part of a day 1 quicklynch),
So would you be voting for Almaster if he had less votes? (i.e is he your scummiest).
Yeah I'd prob sling him a vote. I'm nowhere near suspicious enough to lynch though.
It seemed very contradictory to me.
cruelty 338 wrote:I'm not particularly thrilled about this to be honest, I don't really rate your case, I think you're walking well-trodden ground with the day1 lynch stuff, and I think picking and choosing select things that scum said is dangerous (at best).
Well what did you get from reading DDD on D1 after his flip? Nothing?

---

I don't know if there were two mafia on that wagon, but I think we can all agree there was at least one.

Budja
, Porkens, Fate, cruelty,
Kthxbye

I think cruelty is being insincere. Fate's Kthx vote seemed more justified, and I didn't have a problem with Porkens' vote.

Vote: cruelty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”