Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

hitogoroshi wrote:My points on Lowell aren't just about him being on the tail end of wagons. It's that he's doing stuff like his D2 surprise, about to be replaced hammer and then he has next to no game presence to back it up. Hammering obviously isn't scummy, but those circumstances certainly are and it's interesting that Lowell's 'big defense' never came when no one asked for it. The reason I think Lowell is scum is that he has a lot of game presence when it comes to getting townies murdered and next to no presence when it comes to anything else.

Zach, the meta you're proposing for Lowell doesn't really seem...well, workable. You're saying that if Lowell makes poor decisions and lots of people want him dead, he's probably a townie. But that's an incredibly easy style to consciously replicate, and unless you can tell me some way you can tell when Lowell is faking it that's not really a valid meta defense.
You have to weigh the fact that he plays like this in general, (Whether or not he plays scum the same way) vs the idea of lynching him in lylo first over what I feel are superior lynches such as Nikanor, or even Almightybob.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, the whole thing about him not posting that defense when no one asked for it... do you find that most striking, or do you find the fact that some of the people who never asked for that defense seem willing to lynch him anyway, and don't seem to be interested in whether or not he has one?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, can you elaborate on why you think Bob is town? Nothing about his play really makes me think townie.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Here's where I stand today -

WON'T LYNCH

AlamasterGM
Zachrulez
xRECKONERx (duh)

MIGHT LYNCH

almightybob
hitogoroshi

WANT TO LYNCH

Lowell
Nikanor
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm really really really sure Lowell is scum, but I'm really really sure Nikanor is too, so I'd be okay with either today.

Out of bob & hito, I'd rather lynch hito. But I'm less sure about those two - it's about 55% hito, 45% bob, because neither has done anything incredibly scummy in my mind.
green shirt thursdays
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:54 am

Post by KittyMo »

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:54 am

Post by almightybob »

Nikanor wrote:I'm off to work! I have a night shift tonight, har har har.
almightybob wrote:How considerate of your boss to change your shifts to match your inactivity excuses in Mafia.

Zachrulez wrote:You have to weigh the fact that he plays like this in general, (Whether or not he plays scum the same way) vs the idea of lynching him in lylo first over what I feel are superior lynches such as Nikanor, or even Almightybob.
Where did you arrive at me from? As far as I can see, your suspicions of me stem from me supposedly jumping to Nikanor's defence when he said the game was very active in early D1. Is that really it? Because I think I already gave my assessment of that case in Post 753.

I'm not prepared to lynch either of the masons. I have a fairly Town read on Reck, and hito has seemed Townish so far (I never really understood all the huge hype about him being scum, must reexamine that wagon in D5).

I wasn't hugely impressed by Neto's case on Lowell - it seemed like he left some posts out deliberately to make his case seem stronger than it was. On the other hand, there were some good points in it.

Considering the very weak Town, I think we might only be up against 2 scums.

tl;dr: Today I will be voting for Nikanor. It will take something groundbreaking to change my mind.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

BEST MOD EVER.

Well, Boredest-in-class Mod Ever. :P ~Kitty
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

almightybob wrote:
Nikanor wrote:I'm off to work! I have a night shift tonight, har har har.
almightybob wrote:How considerate of your boss to change your shifts to match your inactivity excuses in Mafia.

Zachrulez wrote:You have to weigh the fact that he plays like this in general, (Whether or not he plays scum the same way) vs the idea of lynching him in lylo first over what I feel are superior lynches such as Nikanor, or even Almightybob.
Where did you arrive at me from? As far as I can see, your suspicions of me stem from me supposedly jumping to Nikanor's defence when he said the game was very active in early D1. Is that really it? Because I think I already gave my assessment of that case in Post 753.
When I look at your play, you tend to end up in the same camp as Nikanor. Lurky, and not doing nearly enough scum hunting for my liking.

I just went through and isoed you from about day 3 trying to find any positions from you and I couldn't find anything...
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 am

Post by almightybob »

Zachrulez wrote:I just went through and isoed you from about day 3 trying to find any positions from you and I couldn't find anything...
I actually laughed out loud.
Could that maybe be because we no-lynched with deliberately no discussion on Day 3, and we've been co-ordinating a massclaim for the overwhelming majority of Day 4?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

almightybob wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I just went through and isoed you from about day 3 trying to find any positions from you and I couldn't find anything...
I actually laughed out loud.
Could that maybe be because we no-lynched with deliberately no discussion on Day 3, and we've been co-ordinating a massclaim for the overwhelming majority of Day 4?
That hasn't stopped everyone else. Only you and Nikanor.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Let me just get this out of the way: is there anyone here who disbelieves the mason claims?

Also, can I get a "won't lynch", "might lynch", and "want to lynch" list from everyone?
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

This is how I see things right now.

Scum:

Nikanor
Almightybob
Hitogoroshi
Lowell
Reckoner
AlmasterGM

Town:
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 am

Post by almightybob »

Zachrulez wrote:That hasn't stopped everyone else. Only you and Nikanor.
Looking at D3:
there's hardly any useful scumhunting going on.
Some speculation about the pros and cons of no-lynching.
Some discussion about Nikanor's lurking, with references to 30+ page games which - newsflash - nobody ever checks because nobody has the time to read 60 pages of other games.
More post count pedantry.
More "should we no-lynch?" discussion.
Two people, one of whom is confirmed Town, saying we should end the day early with no discussion. Which is what happened.

You'll notice I didn't actually get a chance to post in the just-over-24 hours that D3 lasted. By the time I saw the thread, the no-lynch was already decided. Reck had already called for no more discussion twice, and Espeonage once.

Day 4:
Massclaim organisation, wagon analysis from Reck, then:
Zachrulez wrote:Well we're supposed to wait for MC before we do any of this
Since you try to stop scumhunting during massclaim yourself, I don't see how you can then say that my not scumhunting during massclaim is bad.

Reck wrote:Let me just get this out of the way: is there anyone here who disbelieves the mason claims?

Also, can I get a "won't lynch", "might lynch", and "want to lynch" list from everyone?
I highly doubt we would be given only a Tracker to defend against the scum, so no, I have no reason to doubt the mason claim.

WON'T LYNCH TODAY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

AlmasterGM
Zachrulez
xReckonerx
Hitogoroshi

MIGHT LYNCH, BUT ONLY IF MY PREFERRED WAGON IS DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Lowell

WOULD LIKE TO LYNCH TODAY

Nikanor
Lowell
I'm a townie! Honest!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 am

Post by almightybob »

Whoops, I must have pasted by mistake there. Lowell should not be in the bottom category, he should be in the middle.
I'm a townie! Honest!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sooo you think there are only two scum, bob? Who's the third?
green shirt thursdays
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by almightybob »

xRECKONERx wrote:Sooo you think there are only two scum, bob? Who's the third?
Read that back to yourself.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Lowell »

I do see a touch of coaching from reck's post about hito, so points for Nika for pointing that out. That said, 848 and 851 annoy the crap out of me. Nik's giddiness over pikachu is weird, particularly the over-the-top defense of the mason claims where she suggests, basically, that no one save her should have a right to suspect pika.

I agree it would be a whale of a gamble for scum to claim masons at endgame, and I guess I tend to believe the claims. But I wouldn't rule it out. So it's not... CRAZY to think it could be a scum-gambit (particuarly if there's a 3rd and they could win anyway) More to the point, I certainly wouldn't pull a 180 so fast as nikanor did. Her going from suspecting pikachu to 'making jokes about how crazy it would be for anyone to suspect pikachu' is alarming. Especially since one of those two (zach) happens to be the one most pushing the nika scum case.

At this point I see a NIKA/RECK/HITO scumteam as most likely (I don't think nika would have thought to point out the coaching had she not been specifically attuned to it). I think if Nika were scum w/ pikachu and zach, she would have maintained her defiance, at least for show. The fact that she didn't makes me think either she, or they, are town.

vote nikanor

I'm ready to start this. If the mason claims are true (and it's lynch or lose) hitting scum today should be a slam dunk.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

How about just answer the question Bob?
green shirt thursdays
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by almightybob »

xRECKONERx wrote:How about just answer the question Bob?
The question makes no sense. If I think there are only two scum, why would I nominate a third scum?

Lowell - I doubt it's a scum fakeclaim, because that would mean that all Town has is a single Tracker. That seems very unlikely to me.

And enough people have expressed a desire to lynch Nikanor that I'm happy to vote.
Vote: Nikanor
I'm a townie! Honest!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SCUM

Nikanor
hito
almightybob
Lowell
Recokner
Zachrulez

TOWN

@Reck: What is the point of these lists? Doesn't it just point a big arrow to the scum saying "Here's who you NK, here's who you don't!"

I'm slightly concerned that Bob and Lowell are so ready to chuck Nikanor under the bus, but I guess they don't have much choice. And it's not like Nikanor is doing anything useful.

L-1 time.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

STOP!

...Hammertime!

diescumdie
green shirt thursdays
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh FFS.
Unvote now. Give me another day or two to explain why I'm not scum.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Okay then.
Good job scum.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

lyingscum
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”