Riddle Me This! NY111 - mafia dead - Town wins!

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I love it when people misspell my name. Tee hee.

Unvote

I am beginning to think that Quagmire has a point. I remember that it wasn't Korts coaching me, it was mostly TSQ and Shanba wagging their fingers at my bad theory. He corrected me only once, and there wasn't really much in it. So he doesn't really merit my defense on him. Rather he just moved from townie to a null tell.

I'll let you guys handle your own little squabble.

We seriously need to make our minds up. Too many suspects, primarily because everyone has their own targets. It's kinda looking like lurkers going after lurkers and actives going after actives in a clusterfuck of hypocrisy. Amazing, really.

I still dislike dahill but the wagon's all busted now. I agree with Anon that mipe is the next best potential wagon so let's go there. springlullaby needs some attention too.

vote mipe

Vote Count
DizzyIzzyB13- FeFiFoFum (L-10)
VasudeVa- dahill1 (L-10)
scotmany12- springlullaby, iamausername, inHimshallibe (L-8)
Springlullaby- DizzyIzzyB13 (L-10)
dahill1- Ksun482, Thestatusquo, RichardGHP (L-8)
Richard Massive- theopor_COD (L-10)
mipe - PaltryExcuse, Shanba, Anon, VasudeVad (L-7)
FeFiFoFum - Korts (L-10)
Korts - Quagmire (L-10)
RichardGHP- scotmany12 (L-10)
With 20 alive, its 11 to lynch

Not Voting:

ImmuneShadow
Richard Massive
Mipe

~What gets wet as it drys?~
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by mipe »

VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Shanba wrote:in fact, my pet hate is getting to, say, day 3 and realising that all the guys who were active and expressing views and who I hence had reads on are now all dead and I'm left with a bunch of unknowns - that's when having a yos or whatever in the game really helps, since his playstyle of KILL ALL LURKERS does tend to get more people involved in the game. I basicaly have no notes on ksun, SL, FFFF, IHSIB or theo, and few on the two guys who replaced in. That's a quarter of the game. It's fine on day 1, but by, say, day 3 we could have a situation where more than half the players are virtual unknowns.
Killing lurkers isn't necessarily a good strategy - often, it's better to try and get them replaced from the gamje with someone who might turn out to be useful. However, when a player shows up, states they intend to lurk, successfully lurks aside from popping up just in time to avoid a prod and engages in entirely opportunistic and poorly reasoned attacks on the rare occasions they show up, I think that person should be lynched ASAP because at best they're a stupid, anti-town player and most likely, they are active lurker scum. More people should be voting for SpringLullaby.
Anon wrote:-
Springlullaby
. Lurker and his attack on scotmany is terrible and oportunist.
Not just a lurker, a declared active lurker. The worst kind, since we can't get her replaced.
Quagmire wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:There's a difference between lynching all lurkers and lynching people who have expressed scummy intentions towards lurking, before carrying out said plan to lurk as much as possible.
OK. And what does that have to do with scumminess?
Active lurking is scummier than regular lurking, since it necessarily indicates a deliberate plan to stay under the radar, produce no content for town analysis, provide as little ammunition for those who want to vote out the lurkerscum and makes it impossible for the pointless, anti-town player to be replaced with someone who could be useful because they'll just post something inane in response to a prod or threat of a prod. For example:
springlullaby wrote:
Shanba wrote:So what prompted this post then?
TSQ's post asking for prods. And the thought that it may be fair to warn people of my Offical Position (tm).

To your other questions: nothing interesting.
Spring scum needs to die. Now.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

mipe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?
You're the leading wagon right now. Get in the game.

@Dizzy: What do you think about mipe? I agree that springlullaby has been sparse in content... if there at all. Is their posting comparative at all in your mind?
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 am

Post by mipe »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
mipe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?
Oh, right!

Noo, don't vote me, you should vote the scum, not me! I'm on your side, I'm honest! I haven't done anything bad (yet)! You should try a wagon tomorrow and see if the result is different!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Korts »

unvote, vote: mipe
scumchat never die
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Izzy, you're still trying to lynch someone for a playstyle philosophy, which is equivalent to policy lynching, which is sub-optimal, anti-town play.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Quagmire »

Can we lynch Korts yet? I haven't been this certain about a d1 case in some time.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:38 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Quagmire wrote:Izzy, you're still trying to lynch someone for a playstyle philosophy, which is equivalent to policy lynching, which is sub-optimal, anti-town play.
Your attempts to characterise scummy behaviour as a policy lynch or a lynch based on playstyle philosophy is troubling.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
mipe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?

@Dizzy: What do you think about mipe? I agree that springlullaby has been sparse in content... if there at all. Is their posting comparative at all in your mind?
Mipe is also an acceptable lynch. Spring is a better one.
Show
ksun482
ksun482
Townie
ksun482
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:18 am

Post by ksun482 »

I think it is mostly mipe, not spring...
vote:mipe
I am always scum. Always. Including in this game.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I think I'm going to follow up on an earlier FoS of mine, mipe. No, this isn't a bandwagon. If you look at my first or second post, I stated my suspicions of mipe, but said I didn't have time to make a case. I guess I do now. Anyway...
mipe wrote:
Anon

I just feel like this is a good choice.
I'm not sure if this was a random vote or not, because there was absolutely no reasoning for it. It was three days into the game, so it's not like there wasn't anything to go on. Either way, his "good choice" for a vote suddenly changes to Shanaba,
mipe wrote:
FeFiFoFum wrote:springlullably why is your name springlullably?
That is an easy answer, but I shall not answer that question.

Wait, I just noticed that Shanba is playing! From my limited IRC-experience with Shanba,

Unvote
Vote: Shanba

Shanba should know me well enough that if any of my actions make you think "is he serious?" the answer is "no"!
I'm not sure why this was necessary. At this point in the game, there was plenty of information to go on. Enough so, anyway, that it didn't have to be completely random. I'm not liking this randomness from mipe, to be honest. He isn't contributing. Let's continue.
mipe wrote:
Anon wrote:Mipe, why did you vote me in 87?
1. It was semi-random vote.

2. I thought you were bit scummish.

For now, it seems like dahill was trying to manipulate the town votes without being noticed, but failed at that.

Unvote, Vote: dahill1
This attempts to explain the vote on Anon, but if you that he was "a bit scummish," why are you calling it a "random vote?" I'm not seeing it. Also, he jumps on the dahill wagon at this point, restating information that had already been discussed in depth by this point. Moving on...
mipe wrote:
scotmany12 wrote: What exactly about Anon did you find scummish?
Something about the fact that his first post was just a vote and didn't say anything else, well, I got a bad feeling about that <_<

+ something about how stupid it is to only have 1 wagon and one should have multiple wagons.

That is basically it.
Oh, so you found Anon scummy for the same actions that you've been performing pretty much all game? Voting without saying anything? Check. The other point, about the wagons, I'm not seeing as scummy at all. I think you just wanted an easy target.
mipe wrote:
Shanba wrote: Why is it that when I ask you a question, I get voted and fobbed off, but when anon and scotmany ask you the same question, you give them an explanation? Also, how is semi-random the same as "serious? no!" since you were clearly at least partially serious.
1. At that time, I thought you would be better choice to vote.

2. Your name starts with 'Shan' and ends with 'ba'.
What is this garbage? Seriously. WHY did you think he'd be a better vote? You already said you thought Anon was the better vote, yet you change to Shanba with even LESS reasoning than you had for Anon (as in, NONE). Tisk, tisk. Then you change to dahill. You seem to think that everyone you put a vote on is a good choice.
mipe wrote:Welcome to the game, iamusername.

Who are your current suspects?
To me, this seems like an attempt to appear more pro-town, by appearing to ask helpful questions. Which leads me to his next post.
mipe wrote:
unvote

Unvote for now. I don't want a potential lynch when there still is 2 and half weeks to the day deadline.
I think it was Quagmire who said that it seemed like you were trying to earn brownie points here. That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this post. Two things. He was at L-4. Not exactly close enough to be worrying about a mislynch, in my opinion. Second of all, if you're willing to unvote that early, while also being two and a half weeks away from the deadline, you must not have been set on the idea that he was mafia. If you really thought he was mafia, why didn't you keep your vote on him?
mipe wrote:
Quagmire wrote:IGMEOY Korts, you've been pretty worthless so far this game.
How is Korts (and most of the other people) useless? WHY AREN'T YOU TARGETTING ME?

All I have basically done is just do nothing. I post maybe once a day/2 days and my posts are 1 line long. Why are you accusing other people of being worthless but I'm not on that list?
Well, you're on mine now. Something I just thought of- this sounds like an attempt to drag attention away from Korts. Just sayin'.
mipe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?
Yes. And as someone else has said, why aren't you defending yourself? Probably because you know it's futile.
mipe wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:
mipe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

A towel?
Oh, right!

Noo, don't vote me, you should vote the scum, not me! I'm on your side, I'm honest! I haven't done anything bad (yet)! You should try a wagon tomorrow and see if the result is different!
Not quite sure what the point of this was. I'd say it was an AtE, but it seems too sarcastic. Either way, you aren't helping the town AT ALL, and I'd love to see you lynched. If you can provide an adequate defense/counterarguments, I'll consider lifting my vote. For now, however, I'm pretty sure you're scum.

Vote: mipe
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

@RichardGHP: a case won't get shot down if it makes sense..your's did not.

Mipe has been absolutely terrible. Actively avoiding questions, not participating, I don't even know what to say about his last post.

unvote vote mipe
that's L-3 I believe, so mipe should probably claim soon.

However, some notes about the people who just hopped on his wagon:
- sora's case seems kind of like he did the same thing that GHP did to me. that is, look at every post and find something bad to say about each one. seems kind of contrived.

- ksun could either be lazy scum or just a VI, i don't really know at this point. I think he should get replaced though.

- Dizzy seems like she's trying to slow down or redirect the wagon off of mipe. Why? I'm not quite sure. SL has been lurking but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since she's hasn't posted in like 6 days and could be VLA or something. Mipe is the much better wagon right now.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 am

Post by sorasgoof »

dahill1 wrote: However, some notes about the people who just hopped on his wagon:
- sora's case seems kind of like he did the same thing that GHP did to me. that is, look at every post and find something bad to say about each one. seems kind of contrived.
That's called an ISO read, bub. And there was something bad about each one. Is there anything I said that wasn't true? Did I stretch the truth? Misrepresent? No. I gave commentary on each of his posts, and his actions have been largely anti-town.

I get really ticked off when people don't have their facts straight, as you can tell. >____>
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 am

Post by dahill1 »

sorasgoof wrote:
dahill1 wrote: However, some notes about the people who just hopped on his wagon:
That's called an ISO read, bub. And there was something bad about each one. Is there anything I said that wasn't true? Did I stretch the truth? Misrepresent? No. I gave commentary on each of his posts, and his actions have been largely anti-town.

I get really ticked off when people don't have their facts straight, as you can tell. >____>
the first couple comments were stretching it a little. but once i'm rereading it again it is less contrived than i thought.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Korts »

sorasgoof wrote:I think I'm going to follow up on an earlier FoS of mine, mipe. No, this isn't a bandwagon. If you look at my first or second post, I stated my suspicions of mipe, but said I didn't have time to make a case. I guess I do now. Anyway...
This is quite an anxious pre-emptive defense. Why do you feel this needed to be stated?
scumchat never die
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Korts wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:I think I'm going to follow up on an earlier FoS of mine, mipe. No, this isn't a bandwagon. If you look at my first or second post, I stated my suspicions of mipe, but said I didn't have time to make a case. I guess I do now. Anyway...
This is quite an anxious pre-emptive defense. Why do you feel this needed to be stated?
Because I know people are going to say it's a bandwagon. >_>

Even with this defense, dahill still said I was bandwagoning. Looks like it didn't work. Major >__>.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

It is a bandwagon..

I bandwaggoned, Korts did, so did you.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Quagmire »

This mipe case is garbage.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Quagmire wrote:This mipe case is garbage.
This is my obligatory "Reasons for thinking that, Quagmire? It's pretty ridiculous of you to post this with no reasoning" post.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Your case is built on stupid what-ifs and it-sounds-likes as if there are a whole bunch of unsure conditions that all need to be true in order for mipe to be scum.

mipe's actively gone out of his way to appear as he has; the cases people are making on him only work if he's trying to be subtle about it.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Quag, what do you think of mipe's actions on this page?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Quagmire »

I'm thinking he also realizes how stupid the case against him is.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm thinking mipe needs to defend himself. He also needs to contribute, or at least appear to be contributing. What good is he doing us? >_>
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Korts »

Quag you are being deliberately thick. mipe has contributed nothing, yet he keeps posting inane and/or useless shit. He has had ample time and ample material, and he has had direct issues with him that should have been addressed. How the fucking hell do you think the case against him is stupid?
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”