Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Zang »

You don't say. Is your role name Captain Obvious?
ha ha

I don't understand this at all. If you selected town? If you selected scum? Please clarify.
ditto
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

xvart. Could you please NOT post everything in fucking quote stripes? I'll respond SUCCINCTLY this time, but please try to respond in a more bulleted/link manner or other non quote response manner.

Anyway, basically, I'm no longer convinced you are the other neutral, which is probably good for you. The rest doesn't matter atm.

I will clarify later
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I will be back in about two hours.
Don't @ me.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam, in MD thread wrote:I currently think xvart is scum. Let's see how that goes.
Why don't you post that in the game thread? Are you weighing what others will think before posting in the actual thread?
CallMeLiam, in MD thread wrote:I didn't see a win condition in that claim, did you?

Either he's joking or he's lying.

Why am I putting this here instead of in-thread?
Oh, you did make the observation, again, in the other thread. Yet, you still have neglected to actually post, in the game thread.

People from this game posting in the other thread are scum city.
CallMeLiam wrote:totally, why start the thread so early?
Sounds like a plan was made during night zero and totallynotmafia started it a little too soon.

FoS: CallMeLiam

xvart.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 3 ) Hoopla xvart Zang
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
xvart ( 1 ) FishytheFish
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 2 ) CooLDoG Espeonage
Espeonage ( 0 )
DedicatedScribe ( 0 )
DocPotter ( 0 )
CallMeLiam ( 0 )
FishytheFish ( 0 )
CooLDoG ( 0 )
Zoraster ( 4 ) UncertainKitten CallMeLiam totallynotmafia animorpherv1
Not Voting ( 2 ) DedicatedScribe DocPotter
Total Votes ( 12 )

Deadline: Tuesday, March 30th at 16:00 EDT
With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by DocPotter »

I kinda agree with Xvart. All the other stuff is fun, but really you should be hunting/posting in this thread too.

Vote CallMeLiam
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Clank wrote:
Espeonage wrote:
DocPotter wrote:
You've never played a game with bv310 then?

Voe Espeonage

Some of my favorite Irish pubs are in Sydney, and now and Mardi Gras are the best time to visit them. Bad Epsy
Dude, I'm allergic to beer.
Ceoliac... sucks I know.
Where'd your friends go? 1 of them was in a MishMash I was modding..
They were trying to annoy me by hanging around. They kinda lost interest so I am the only one left.
Don't @ me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

UncertainKitten wrote:
xvart. Could you please NOT post everything in fucking quote stripes? I'll respond SUCCINCTLY this time, but please try to respond in a more bulleted/link manner or other non quote response manner.

Anyway, basically, I'm no longer convinced you are the other neutral, which is probably good for you. The rest doesn't matter atm.

I will clarify later
Wait, are you claiming a neutral alignment?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

UncertainKitten wrote:
This.

UK's claim:
1. UK is a Macho Neutral Selector JOAT (MNSJOAT)
2. UK has "selected town".
3. There is another MNSJOAT.
4. If they select town, one of them becomes scum, and one of them town.
So, the "selection" hasn't taken place, in that UK doesn't have an alignment yet. I'm guessing that she'll get one at the end of day 1.
@UK: what happens if which lynch you before you get your alignment?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What a ridiculous role.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

xvart wrote: Oh, you did make the observation, again, in the other thread. Yet, you still have neglected to actually post, in the game thread.

People from this game posting in the other thread are scum city.
CallMeLiam wrote:totally, why start the thread so early?
Sounds like a plan was made during night zero and totallynotmafia started it a little too soon.

FoS: CallMeLiam

xvart.
First off, why is posting in the other thread scummy?

Secondly, I haven't posted in this one? Posts 82 and 86 are me prodding you about your claim because I think it's bogus. If I believed you were pro-town I'm pretty sure I'd have left well alone and not pried more info from you. Putting my suspicions in the other thread is hardly keeping them a secret is it? The reason I didn't put them here is because I'd have liked you to answer the question before I outright called you scummy, but at the same time I really wanted to point out that I thought you were scummy.

Doc, when you're buying into other people's cases make sure they're accurate. I was scum hunting in this thread, and I was hunting the guy you're following.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by DocPotter »

I read your posts here.

There's not much there. Of course it's early days and such, but no scum huntin is no scum hunting.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Doc, of your six posts in this thread, how many of them would you say contained scum hunting and how many would you say were either hypocritical or just following someone else?

It's early days and all but it helps if your 'case' against someone isn't actually much more valid as a case against yourself.

vote: DocPotter
with the addenda that I don't believe Xvart's claim at all and think they're on the same team.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Zang »

This.

UK's claim:
1. UK is a Macho Neutral Selector JOAT (MNSJOAT)
2. UK has "selected town".
3. There is another MNSJOAT.
4. If they select town, one of them becomes scum, and one of them town.
So, the "selection" hasn't taken place, in that UK doesn't have an alignment yet. I'm guessing that she'll get one at the end of day 1.
@UK: what happens if which lynch you before you get your alignment?
if there is another mnsjoat and UK was looking for him then how does he know that xvart wasn't it?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 am

Post by CooLDoG »

well... what can I say? Zang starts looking town to me
unvote
and thus does not get my vote. Really right now I'm going to
vote xvart
because there is no reason what so ever to claim so early, or even to talk about power roles so early...
after a wank.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 am

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam wrote:First off, why is posting in the other thread scummy?
I should rephrase: people trying to direct the less informed super-majority to discuss specific players are scum city. Anyone doing that is subtly trying to influence the other players by having a wealth of questionable information to exploit. Town members do not need to exploit the questionable information with questionable motives from people not in this game.
CallMeLiam wrote:Putting my suspicions in the other thread is hardly keeping them a secret is it? The reason I didn't put them here is because I'd have liked you to answer the question before I outright called you scummy, but at the same time I really wanted to point out that I thought you were scummy.
Yet you still haven't called me scummy in this thread AND your current vote does not support your accusations. If feels to me like you are trying to goad others into voting me without directly supporting my lynch.

After all you've said to/about me you think that DocPotter is more scummy than I am? If your vote is really just about us allegedly being teammates wouldn't you gain more information about his alignment by lynching me first than you would about my alignment by lynching him first?
Your
The MD threads "case" on me seems to be stronger than your simple "case" on DocPotter, yet you vote for him.

Talk about duplicity.

Finally, care to explain what you meant when you asked TotallyNotMafia why he started the thread so early? It sounds like you already knew he was going to start it. Mental note: when on a scum team in a bastard setup and my team decides to create a supplemental thread make sure that everyone knows when the appropriate time to start it is.
CooLDoG wrote:
vote xvart
because there is no reason what so ever to claim so early, or even to talk about power roles so early...
It's a good thing I didn't
really
claim.

xvart.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 am

Post by zoraster »

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:26 am

Post by zoraster »

Attention! The Selectors have chosen their sides.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:00 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Heh, most of the people in my MD thread think that I'm scum, well that was a rousing success. However it has brought out some scummy behaviour in a few people, namely Hooplas and xvart's votes on me (and Zang too I guess). Instead of giving their own opinions they've just said "well the people in the thread think you're scum so I'm voting for you". I think this could be scum hiding behind the opinions of others so they wont be accountable for their own opinions later on. They didn't even bother to say "I agree with what they're saying about such and such" they just blindly voted. Well Hoopla kind of did now that I read back on it, and Zang I'd like to hear why you voted for me seeing as you gave no reason at all. xvart's I find to be the scummiest:
xvart wrote:Thanks. I suppose if the thread was made to help find scum, the least we can do is follow their advice.
The more I look at this it just seems like a massive excuse to vote someone, rather than actual scumhunting.

Unvote, vote: xvart

@Liam: I don't see the problem with starting the thread as early as I did, surely there are things to be learned from the RVS stage, otherwise you'd never get out of it. Besides people not in the game are more likely to stick with reading the game if they do it right from the beginning and read along as the game progresses.

I'm struggling to understand just what is going on with kitten and the claims business, Kitten are you basically saying that you were neutral and that based on a coin flip you became town?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

UncertainKitten wrote:I'd still like the other neutral to claim. I already selected town. If you selected town it's a coin flip to see who's helpful. I want both of us to die. If you roll scum, well, you know what you are getting rid of. If you roll town, well, obviously in exchange for your life you get a caught scum.
This specifically UK I'd like you to explain/elaborate on seeing as it probably relates to zorasters last post.
Bananas
Bananas
Townie
Bananas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Bananas »

Excellent! I am a sham account of the other Macho Neutral Selector and Jack of All Trades. Both of us picked town. With that dice roll of zoraster's, I won the coin flip, and I'm town. UK is scum. To be a bit more precise, she has the following one shot powers:
-Rolecop
-Roleblock
-Ninja (tracker and watcher immune)
-Treestump
-Tracker

I have some powers as well. I am not tracker immune (although, by virtue of machoness, I am watcher immune). I don’t know whether to claim my powers – UK knows them, but other scum may well not.

An important feature of our role is that our alignments will only be revealed when both of us are dead.

My plan was to sit quiet and kill off UK if I got scum, and to do this if I got town. Lynching UK today would be an excellent move. When deciding whether or not to believe me, think what you would have done in my situation. The stack of power that is the scum JOAT's role is in an excellent position with UK outed, and there would be no need for this claim - getting UK lynched would be a very low priority.

Questions welcome.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

OKAY, I think I now understand this selector business. From what I gather, they choose or a flip a coin and they each become town or mafia? If this is true, then we have a 50/50 chance of lynching scum (if the other neutral claims). If it doesn't then it's quite obvious UK is town, because it suits the scum half of the two to stay quiet.

Whoever the other Neutral is now needs to claim, so we can choose who to lynch out of the two of them. If the other doesn't come forward, it's fairly safe to assume UK is the town-half.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

Oops. Didn't see the Bananas post. Bananas - why did you use a fake account? Why should we believe you're not scum trying to incriminate a town JOAT?
Bananas
Bananas
Townie
Bananas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Bananas »

I used a fake account because I'd much much rather not get nightkilled. There is no disadvantage to the town in not outing my real account, as you are able to lynch this account if you want to. As for why you should believe me - think about the position I would be in if I had got scum, stayed quiet and killed UK.

I can only make 5 posts per day in this account. I will probably save the rest for when there is a lot to answer, but I felt this needed answering now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Hoopla »

Bananas wrote:I used a fake account because I'd much much rather not get nightkilled. There is no disadvantage to the town in not outing my real account, as you are able to lynch this account if you want to. As for why you should believe me - think about the position I would be in if I had got scum, stayed quiet and killed UK.

I can only make 5 posts per day in this account. I will probably save the rest for when there is a lot to answer, but I felt this needed answering now.
Ah yes, I forget that rule - good thinking. I'm not sure what to think at the moment, although I'm probably siding with you at the moment. It seems like a more pro-town play, especially when you could have just offed UK without her alignment flipped.

A question you can answer later in your next post;

Do you think one of you should be lynched today? Is there any other alternative the town has? Obviously at least one of you need to die at some stage - should both of you be lynched back to back?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”