Newbie 917 - Game over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote count 2.7

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Andrius: 3: Exilon (4), Civil Scum (16), Antifinity (19), The Quintastic One (20)
Antifinity: 1: Mustilicor (15)
Super Awersome Mega Pimp!: 1: Andrius (17)
Civil Scum: 1: Super Awesome Mega Pimp! (18)

Not voting: none

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Andrius, townie
, was lynched day two.

It is now night two. Deadline for submitting night actions is 10:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM PDT on Friday, March 19th. Deadline Countdown

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Night Two is now over.

The Quintastic One, doctor
was killed night two.

It is now Day Three.

Vote count 3.0

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not voting: Antifinity, Civil Scum, Exilon, Mustilicor, Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

With 5 players alive it takes 3 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 10:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM PDT on Friday, April 9th. Deadline Countdown

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

Before anything else happens today everyone should say if they're the cop or not. I'm not.
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

I'm not sure that's going to be productive at all. Pay attention to the set ups; the scum knows at this point if there is a cop around to counter claim. This means two claims are unlikely, which is the only scenario that would be helpful for us. If there is a cop, they know that they're telling the truth and that they can trust their investigations. But for the rest of us? A single claim means jack unless they've a ridiculously bad contradiction in their explanation of their actions so far.

All a genuine claim would really mean that if we lynch correctly today, the remaining scum has a new target. :/

Andrius and Quintastic were my favored scum pair, so I'm going to have to take a step back and reevaluate a bit. Antifinity is still my top suspect, but I'm cautious as hell for obvious reasons. Full iso of remaining players is in progress.

Please remember guys - be careful with your votes. Place it when you're completely willing for the person to go down. Not before.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

That said, I'm going to entirely ignore any claim that occurs at L-1.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

Err, which I'm only clarifying to say it's not like going around claiming would rob the scum of a chance to only claim if they have to. It's not reasonable to trust a claim either way.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

A single claim does not mean jack. If a cop claims with a guilty, it means we have a guaranteed 50% chance of lynching right by lynching either the claimed cop or his target. Otherwise, we have only a 40% chance of lynching right. A cop claim with an innocent doesn't rule out the claimed innocent but it does eliminate pairings, since that person could only be scum with the claimed cop, again reducing the chances of a mislynch. Even a claim with no useful results is analyzable information (for example, some scummy self-preservation plays, such as active lurking, are also often used by power roles, so can be forgiven if a cop does them). In LyLo, maximizing the chances of a correct lynch takes priority over protecting the power roles. After all it doesn't matter if the cop is shielded from nightkills if the game ends before the next night phase!
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

Fair enough. It's not so much that protecting power roles particularly concerns me at this point; I just hadn't considered the possible reduction of chance of error to 50%. Reasonable. I rescind my objection.

No cop claim here.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I am not the cop.

I would not accept a cop claim, even a good one, at this point. A cop claim with some results yesterday I could trust, and could have been verified in one way or another. But it would be EXTREMELY difficult for me to believe Antifinity or Exilon are the cop (or anyone else for that matter, though neither of you two are claiming). I agree it's uses don't extend beyond those probability adjustments/likliehoods, though I'd never thought of them like that.

Knowing that an out-of-the-blue cop-claim at LyLo is essentially worthless compared to a D-2 claim here, why did you wait to bring it up?

Of particular interest:
Exilon wrote: Quintastic, NOOOO!
Mustilicor wrote: Ahhhhhh noooo okay fine.
This is just bat-shit crazy to me. Exilon had his vote on Andrius the entire day, said he thought he was scummy several times, yet tries to 'play-call-off' Quintastic's hammer? Before the flip? I mean, if he didn't want Andrius lynched, why didn't he ever unvote or defend him? Why didn't he unvote before this if he would have this sort of reaction to an unexpeced hammer. And besides, it wasn't totally unexpected, Mustilicor was talking about hammering Andrius for like 3 straight posts.

The same goes for Mustilicor. It's a crazy response to an unexpected hammer.
Mustilicor wrote: No, I'm fretting because I hate surprises and because I don't understand your motivation at all.
I don't understand, um at ALL, what Quintastic's motivations for voting would have to do with whether or not you wanted Andrius lynched or thought Andrius was scum.

The way Quintastic hammered was pretty poor, and difficult to understand from any reasonably logical perspective, but both your's and Exilon's reactions to this are in no way consistent with your actions.

I'd almost hate to admit, after he had been wrong about so many of his bad arguments and acting anti-town, that I agree with Quintastic before he died. This is just friggin crazy for you two to be acting like that when you both were voting, or going to vote. If you thought Andrius scum, neither one of you should have had as much of a problem with Quintastic's vote as you seemed to have. BEFORE THE FLIP, OF ALL THINGS!

Oh, and we now know that Exilon voted for two townies at the start of each day and left his vote there while discussing everything else that came up (in a very inert way I should add). I'm not saying that I've played a great game or been onto anything or even right so far (Quintastic was scum!), but yeah, Exilon has been worse than wrong. I don't think he's tried at all to root out the scum.

Gonna finish my re-read and Exilon's responses that I didn't get around to before Quintastic's "I think you're a townie, but I'm going to lynch you anyways" hammer.
But those posts by Mustilicor and Exilon in twilight seem really scummy to me.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by Exilon »

No cop claim here.
I will wait until Antifinity posts whatever he wants to post until I say something a little more elaborate.

Let it be known that:
I gave Quintastic the benefit of the doubt.
I've been building a case since last day on someone.
More on both of these points soon.
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Exilon »

Civil Scum wrote:This is just bat-shit crazy to me. Exilon had his vote on Andrius the entire day, said he thought he was scummy several times, yet tries to 'play-call-off' Quintastic's hammer? Before the flip? I mean, if he didn't want Andrius lynched, why didn't he ever unvote or defend him? Why didn't he unvote before this if he would have this sort of reaction to an unexpeced hammer. And besides, it wasn't totally unexpected, Mustilicor was talking about hammering Andrius for like 3 straight posts.

The same goes for Mustilicor. It's a crazy response to an unexpected hammer.
Doh, it was unexpected, hence the reaction. I think you need to do a re-read. Mustilicor asked if someone had any objections, I said I had one: I wanted to end that discussion with you.
Quintastic forcefully denied that, ending the day.
Another quickhammer, so to speak, similar to day 1. Hence the 'bah' post.
And I will remind you I am still waiting for your response. Or did you 'forget about it 3 posts later'?
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Mustilicor »

...Civil scum, you're taking my 'nooo' out of context. I objected to Quintastic hammering like that, but that wasn't what that particular post was about - it was playfully being exasperated there was something I needed to wait on. Quintastic posted at the same time as me and I hadn't seen his hammer at that point. Pay attention and please do not misquote me in the future.

Yeah I was annoyed with Quintastic for overriding a request to let the day continue a little longer for no valid sounding reason, and more than that, his action looked scummy enough to make me fret over whether I was right about Andrius. I was afraid of the possibility of scum-Quintastic ensuring the lynch went through by cutting off discussion regarding it.

Doing the isos I mentioned now. Got distracted by Dog Whisperer last night. >.>
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Alright. Current suspicion lies on Antifinity/SAMP!. Antifinity's reasons have been addressed: those initial posts readable as newbscum, claiming to busy enough not to post often yet responding to suspicions regarding himself rather quickly, and assuming a mislynch with an excuse that contradicts earlier posts. As for SAMP!..

SAMP!
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, iso post 16 wrote:Now I feel like I've been wrong three times in a row. Sad
Declaring himself wrong about The Quintastic One right after he claimed doc. In his next post however he suggests his unvote merely a precaution with
SAMP!, iso post 17 wrote: I trust this sort of "hard" evidence much more than my own psychological guessing abilities, so despite the latter pointing towards him being scum I'd rather keep him and get some of the former.
This doesn't read as someone who thinks himself wrong. Possibly an attempt to sweep what he realised was a slip under the rug?

I'm also finding the consistent defense of Antifinity pretty unwarranted. In his post iso 20 he points out a serious contradiction of Antifinity's, yet by the next post he's defending him again. He later goes on to vote Civil Scum on gut.

SAMP!, iso post 24 wrote:I just checked, I unvoted before Mustilicor.
This is possible misdirection. While it is true that I unvoted
Quintastic
after him, it seems clear Andrius was talking about the vote on himself in particular.

Finally, this cop thing is the first attempt to really organize the town into doing something productive, which is sketchy considering it would be a completely safe move if he knew there was no cop - like I said, entirely possible for scum at this point. Probable actually. If they had a roleblocker it would have been sensible to keep the doc alive, suspicious, and useless.

Secondary possibility is Civil Scum/Antifinity. To be honest this case is made up of gum, paperclips, and weird iffy feelings, but Civil's an IC. As such, his possible scum play might be cleaner than what the rest of us would manage.

He has misrepresented what others have said through what could or could not be inattention at least twice that I can see (MMM's personal read of SAMP!) His focus on Exilon disturbs me a little consider Exilon is the only strong town read I've had all game, and that his current stated suspicion is still on Antifinity. Other than that? Eh. v:?v Like I said, gum, paperclips, iffiness. He tends to post in really giant blocks which could possibly be a deliberate attempt to turn his input into white noise, I guess, but a lot of us are guilty of that.

Consider that two FoS's and an FomS.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Haha, random bolded SAMP! in the middle of nowhere. Ignore that.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Exilon »

[quote=Mustilicor] [...]considering it would be a completely safe move if he knew there was no cop - like I said, entirely possible for scum at this point. Probable actually. If they had a roleblocker it would have been sensible to keep the doc alive, suspicious, and useless. [/quote]

Seconded. This is one of the things I was actually saving for later, mainly because of Antifinity. Someone claiming cop at this moment practically implies he/she is actually scum, because Quintastic's death points that way (if there was a roleblocker, they could have left him alive, roleblocking him and effectively rendering him useless.). That said, 2 mafia goons+doc seems a much more probable setup at this time.

My wonder is if that crossed Samp's mind. Asking for a cop claim at this time, like Samp did, does not seem like a thing scum would do - mainly because scum knows if there is one or not, rendering that question unnecessary, unless there was some other purpose behind it.
Anyone else here thought of this?
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:39 am

Civil Scum wrote:I would not accept a cop claim, even a good one, at this point. A cop claim with some results yesterday I could trust, and could have been verified in one way or another. But it would be EXTREMELY difficult for me to believe Antifinity or Exilon are the cop (or anyone else for that matter, though neither of you two are claiming). I agree it's uses don't extend beyond those probability adjustments/likliehoods, though I'd never thought of them like that.

Knowing that an out-of-the-blue cop-claim at LyLo is essentially worthless compared to a D-2 claim here, why did you wait to bring it up?
A D-2 claim isn't necessarily very useful, and if it's not a fakeclaim it almost assuredly will get the cop killed or roleblocked. Obviously it can be useful, depending on the result, which is why it's better for the cop to decide whether or not to claim before LyLo.

I also don't think a cop claim today would be worthless, except maybe if the cop had been roleblocked or investigated the NKed townie both nights. And even then not
completely
worthless, see my previous post.
Mustilicor wrote:
Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, iso post 16 wrote:Now I feel like I've been wrong three times in a row. Sad
Declaring himself wrong about The Quintastic One right after he claimed doc. In his next post however he suggests his unvote merely a precaution with
SAMP!, iso post 17 wrote: I trust this sort of "hard" evidence much more than my own psychological guessing abilities, so despite the latter pointing towards him being scum I'd rather keep him and get some of the former.
This doesn't read as someone who thinks himself wrong. Possibly an attempt to sweep what he realised was a slip under the rug?
I didn't declare myself wrong, I had a
feeling
I was wrong. Before then I thought TQO had to be scum, that was the first impression I had got since that I could be wrong. Thus, my caution.
Mustilicor wrote:I'm also finding the consistent defense of Antifinity pretty unwarranted. In his post iso 20 he points out a serious contradiction of Antifinity's, yet by the next post he's defending him again. He later goes on to vote Civil Scum on gut.
And when I pointed it out, he explained it. (post 308) It was a believable explanation that didn't seem like backtracking, there was no bitterness or OMGUS; basically there was nothing at all in that post that seemed like he was trying to dishonestly avoid suspicion. Hence I still think he's town.
Exilon wrote:Seconded. This is one of the things I was actually saving for later, mainly because of Antifinity. Someone claiming cop at this moment practically implies he/she is actually scum, because Quintastic's death points that way (if there was a roleblocker, they could have left him alive, roleblocking him and effectively rendering him useless.). That said, 2 mafia goons+doc seems a much more probable setup at this time.

My wonder is if that crossed Samp's mind. Asking for a cop claim at this time, like Samp did, does not seem like a thing scum would do - mainly because scum knows if there is one or not, rendering that question unnecessary, unless there was some other purpose behind it.
It did cross my mind. I didn't think it had much merit since I was still assuming TQO had protected Mustilicor (thus scum could leave him alive either way without risk), but now that I think about it the twilight talk could have changed his mind, and more importantly it could have made the scum think that he did.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Exilon wrote:My wonder is if that crossed Samp's mind. Asking for a cop claim at this time, like Samp did, does not seem like a thing scum would do - mainly because scum knows if there is one or not, rendering that question unnecessary, unless there was some other purpose behind it.
Anyone else here thought of this?
Well, sure. Offering up a strategy that could, on its surface, appear to offer such a boost in probability of town success... well, it seems exceptionally pro-town! Only it's shallow; chances are there is no roleblocker for reasons above, which means that chances are there is no cop, and scum
knows
this. It makes it a very safe thing to do to seem to try to help the town as a whole out. And a very attractive thing, if you know there are weaknesses for hard numbers out there to prey on.

It wouldn't stand out to me if SAMP! had a history of cooperative play in this game, but he doesn't really. Not to say that he's been uncooperative exactly, just that his play has consisted of going after his current suspects and defending himself when necessary, not rallying any action.

Mmf. I'm slightly surprised the possibility doesn't occur to you given your 'turning the chessboard' around thing. I do hope I'm not making a mistake in my evaluation of you.

SAMP! wrote:And when I pointed it out, he explained it. (post 308) It was a believable explanation that didn't seem like backtracking, there was no bitterness or OMGUS; basically there was nothing at all in that post that seemed like he was trying to dishonestly avoid suspicion. Hence I still think he's town.
The reason I point it out is because I have a hard time understanding going with an evidenceless gut vote in light of a slip-up that took being challenged twice to get an explanation satisfactory at face value.

When you first begin suspecting someone, would say the read generally begins with gut or logic? Do you only use logic to justify your gut feelings to others?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Exilon »

Post on that coming. Please, hold. =)
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Exilon »

My, you're noticing things I was saving for later; now I have to bring them out xD
Samp wrote:It did cross my mind. I didn't think it had much merit since I was still assuming TQO had protected Mustilicor (thus scum could leave him alive either way without risk),
but now that I think about it the twilight talk
could have changed his mind, and more importantly it could have made the scum think that he did.
It obviously made the scum think it was now unclear who Quintastic (more on Quintastic's Case later) was going to protect, which IS why he would be the smartest and safest Noght kill out of everyone else.

Now, moving On:
You, I believe, have just made a slip.

For starters, if it did cross your mind, then you'd know there wasn't much room for a cop claim. Your justification for this is only applicable if Quintastic was alive... but he isn't. In any way, by seeing Quintastic dead, you would have reevaluated the odds and would have come to the conclusion that there was no need to ask for a cop claim. (Unless I have misunderstood the meaning behind the sentence, if I did, please correct me). Yet you still asked it.

Another thing to be noticed is that you change the verb you’re using.
‘It did cross my mind’; ‘I had been assuming’ ; ‘but NOW that I think about it’.

Let me see if I can break this down. So it crossed your mind before Quintastic appeared dead, but only NOW you thought about it. And apart from that, from the bolded part on until the end of the sentence, it’s nothing but speculation on Quintastic death and is not justification to the prior statement.

I will reveal it now: that question was, ‘obviously’, a gambit. By saying ‘yes, it crossed my mind’ is to admit you knew a cop claim wouldn’t help but would still ask for it, which seems suspicious; at first glance.
I can still see how a townie would ask for the cop claim, though, and it’s not totally inconsistent with your playstyle so far.
Also, I can’t really find a motivation / purpose to it if you’re scum unless you wanted to scan people’s reactions so as to determine if it was safe for your scum buddy to claim (which doesn’t seem likely as there are other, better strategies at this point) OR if you were hoping someone (like me or Mustilicor, to a certain degree) would point out / deprehend that scum would have no need to ask for a cop claim, and therefore would not do it (getting a town-read from you in the process). This last possibility seems more likely and is consistent with your answer from a scummy point of view – you wanted to say the truth but needed to find a way to answer ‘innocently’ (for lack of better word).
I don’t think you are the kind of player who would answer “no, it didn’t cross my mind”. You provided a mathematical-based reasoning for the “cop-claim”, which suggests you tried to consider all possibilities, and find the best method to go about it Day 3. Missing such a crucial point as quintastic being Nightkilled and consequent setup implications in your calculations does not compute with that stated in the last sentence.

Ok, I'm done :)
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Mustilicor wrote:Well, sure. Offering up a strategy that could, on its surface, appear to offer such a boost in probability of town success... well, it seems exceptionally pro-town! Only it's shallow; chances are there is no roleblocker for reasons above, which means that chances are there is no cop, and scum
knows
this. It makes it a very safe thing to do to seem to try to help the town as a whole out. And a very attractive thing, if you know there are weaknesses for hard numbers out there to prey on.
I didn't expect to look more pro-town for suggesting this. I've never seen a player get any form of townie points for calling for a massclaim.
Mustilicor wrote:It wouldn't stand out to me if SAMP! had a history of cooperative play in this game, but he doesn't really. Not to say that he's been uncooperative exactly, just that his play has consisted of going after his current suspects and defending himself when necessary, not rallying any action.
Apart from massclaiming and its variants, I don't see anything else I'd have to "rally" the town into doing. v:?v
Mustilicor wrote:The reason I point it out is because I have a hard time understanding going with an evidenceless gut vote in light of a slip-up that took being challenged twice to get an explanation satisfactory at face value.
It's not just that Antifinity's explanation is satisfactory at face value, it's that he didn't answer with the typical scum motives:
dishonestly
avoiding suspicion or flinging it back at someone else. Instead Anti accepted it, which is usually the last thing scum wants to do. Because of that, I believe he's town, so of course I'm not going to be voting for him.
Mustilicor wrote:When you first begin suspecting someone, would say the read generally begins with gut or logic? Do you only use logic to justify your gut feelings to others?
I always use logic when possible. I only used gut for the CS vote because logic wasn't getting me any further than "by process of elimination I should vote for either CS, Exilon, or Mustilicor."
Exilon wrote:
Samp wrote:It did cross my mind. I didn't think it had much merit since I was still assuming TQO had protected Mustilicor (thus scum could leave him alive either way without risk),
but now that I think about it the twilight talk
could have changed his mind, and more importantly it could have made the scum think that he did.
It obviously made the scum think it was now unclear who Quintastic (more on Quintastic's Case later) was going to protect, which IS why he would be the smartest and safest Noght kill out of everyone else.

Now, moving On:
You, I believe, have just made a slip.

For starters, if it did cross your mind, then you'd know there wasn't much room for a cop claim. Your justification for this is only applicable if Quintastic was alive... but he isn't. In any way, by seeing Quintastic dead, you would have reevaluated the odds and would have come to the conclusion that there was no need to ask for a cop claim. (Unless I have misunderstood the meaning behind the sentence, if I did, please correct me). Yet you still asked it.
I did reevaluate the odds after TQO died. They didn't change because I was still under the assumption that TQO was protecting Mustilicor no matter what, and thus I reasoned that both Goon-Goon or Goon-RB had equal ability to freely NK someone else.
Exilon wrote:Another thing to be noticed is that you change the verb you’re using.
‘It did cross my mind’; ‘I had been assuming’ ; ‘but NOW that I think about it’.

Let me see if I can break this down. So it crossed your mind before Quintastic appeared dead, but only NOW you thought about it. And apart from that, from the bolded part on until the end of the sentence, it’s nothing but speculation on Quintastic death and is not justification to the prior statement.
It crossed my mind after he died. The bold part is justification for me changing my mind: I realize now that Goon-RB could leave TQO alive easily and Goon-Goon couldn't, and since they didn't, they are most likely to be Goon-Goon.
Exilon wrote:I don’t think you are the kind of player who would answer “no, it didn’t cross my mind”. You provided a mathematical-based reasoning for the “cop-claim”, which suggests you tried to consider all possibilities, and find the best method to go about it Day 3. Missing such a crucial point as quintastic being Nightkilled and consequent setup implications in your calculations does not compute with that stated in the last sentence.

Ok, I'm done :)
I didn't miss that TQO was night-killed. It's the twilight talk, where TQO seemed more suspicious of Mustilicor than when he declared he would protect her N2 no matter what, that I had not factored in.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Just realized my post from earlier didn't go through:

I am totally lost at this point. I was certain it was at least one of those two, most likely the both of them. At this point I'm most suspicious of SAMP!, but I'm going back through everything right now to try and figure out where I went wrong.

Also, I am not a cop, and I don't think we have one.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I am also just slightly suspicious of Mustilicor, from way back on night one, when he didn't get lynched. If it wasn't because TQO was using it as part of a fake roleclaim, then I don't know why she wasn't lynched. I mean, the mafia didn't know we had a doctor, so why not go after the best town player, instead of the nobody of McGriddle? Maybe they were being extra cautious, or afraid of his analysis, but still, it is somewhat suspicious.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 am

Anti: Why are you suspicious of me?

I'm most suspicious of Mustilicor right now, mainly because of this quote:
Mustilicor wrote:...Civil scum, you're taking my 'nooo' out of context. I objected to Quintastic hammering like that, but that wasn't what that particular post was about - it was playfully being exasperated there was something I needed to wait on. Quintastic posted at the same time as me and I hadn't seen his hammer at that point. Pay attention and please do not misquote me in the future.
She seems bitter that CS has interpreted her post this way. Townies usually aren't bitter about being suspected.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Exilon wrote: Doh, it was unexpected, hence the reaction. I think you need to do a re-read. Mustilicor asked if someone had any objections, I said I had one: I wanted to end that discussion with you.
Wow, okay, so the two posts before that you did mention this desire of yours.

Sorry I guess for not deprehending this properly from a following post which ended with this:
Exilon wrote: Civil had stated he was okay with the lynch, but I would have liked to hear his say before the twilight... Oh, well.
Which certainly reads as missing the pronoun/preposition '...his say on it' which would be '...his say on the lynch'. I suppose it could be a language difference, but when you mention me talking about the lynch and then repeat something similar, it's generally understood that there you are also talking about that group of thoughts (say about the lynch) not what I would have to say about our discussion.

Though I didn't have a chance to post, and Quintastic was wrong that play-style is a useless discussion, especially when it's not just about play-style.

And Mustilicor, as well, I didn't notice that it was a SIMUL so your explanation holds for that first quote, but you do talk with a very similar sentiment in subsequent posts.
Mustilicor wrote: ...Civil scum, you're taking my 'nooo' out of context. I objected to Quintastic hammering like that, but that wasn't what that particular post was about - it was playfully being exasperated there was something I needed to wait on. Quintastic posted at the same time as me and I hadn't seen his hammer at that point. Pay attention and please do not misquote me in the future.
Something which this explanation does not cover. In fact, you're basically misrepresenting my mistake of not noticing the times of a SIMUL as a defense of what I am saying, when it doesn't entirely.

I still think it's a valid point with your "fretting" posts, though obviously not with the first post.

And Exilon, I'm not sure I believe that your 'NOOOOO' was about getting a reply from me to your post, and not about the hammer of Andrius.
Exilon wrote: I've been building a case since last day on someone.
Really, was that before or after I called you out for not being serious about any of your suspects?
Mustilicor wrote: [Civil's] focus on Exilon disturbs me a little consider Exilon is the only strong town read I've had all game
That's all well and good. But both you and Exilon seem to be riding Samp's heels already D-3, and he's my strongest town read.

Asking for the claim now, when it was pretty simple to assume there isn't a cop, does give the appearance of trying to score a few townie-points. But as a single thing, and not a gross pattern or tendency of his this game, I don't think it says a whole lot.

Mustilicor wrote: The reason I point it out is because I have a hard time understanding going with an evidenceless gut vote in light of a slip-up that took being challenged twice to get an explanation satisfactory at face value.
I could see with your other point, that Samp would feel he had been wrong 3 times, if he at all went to operating under Quintastic=Doctor. That apparent trouble he had with Antifinity's dismal hopes for a successful lynch is still bothersome, as he does turn around and accept Antifinity's 1-scum explanation a super-mega easily.
Samp wrote: It's not just that Antifinity's explanation is satisfactory at face value, it's that he didn't answer with the typical scum motives: dishonestly avoiding suspicion or flinging it back at someone else. Instead Anti accepted it, which is usually the last thing scum wants to do.
It was satisfactorily ridiculous. I have to say again, that those "motive's", more accurately->inclinations, are more personality based than alignment based. I think I had offered this opinion of mine earlier as well. Sure he accepted that he had made a mental error, but it would have been difficult to deny. You really expected him as scum to go, "Nuh-uuuh!"? What he did do was accept it and then try to answer it. I don't think that goes very far in this case saying if the explanation is a lie or not.

Decent observations raised about Samp, but his early play still sounds pretty solid to me, and compared to Exilon's 2-day fluff-game, Antifinity's fumbling, and your questionable twilight behavior...yeah, right now compared to that, nevermind.
Exilon wrote: It obviously made the scum think it was now unclear who Quintastic (more on Quintastic's Case later) was going to protect, which IS why he would be the smartest and safest Noght kill out of everyone else.
Anyone feel free to call WIFOM on this, but doesn't the above point from Exilon sort of clear Mustilicor? Or do you think it's possible that Exilon is mentioning this for that purpose?

Antifinty wrote: I am totally lost at this point.
All things considered, this is a reasonable place for me to believe you are at. Though, as perhaps Mustilicor can understand, I'm fairly uneasy that you are the third person 'suspicious' of Samp. 3 total, and you are the third.

Exilon, I am assuming Samp is your case you mentioned.

Exilon wrote: Yeah, because I wasn’t the one who posted half a page of reasoning/theory to vote Andrius without any kind of reasoned counter-argument. You were. /sarcasm
You're right, I posted more than a half page with an FoS. Citing things like his hammering doubt, his list of reasoning which wasn't really made up of reasons to think MMM was scum, and his apparent change in pllay-style overnight.

I'll freely admit that the hammer may have tipped me off or pulled me in that direction. I'm not about to deny that, nor should there be any reason for me to. Yet you're saying that the hammer wasn't a main reason for you looking at Andrius. Which is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

I was going to discuss your answers here, many of which I have issues with and aren't prepared to accept, but this post has already taken a while, and I'm due at work shortly. But I'll finish up when I get home.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Antifinity »

I'm actually not very suspicious of SAMP! anymore. I was hoping to draw him into trying to frame me. It seems logical that on the last day, the scum are going to no longer need to use me as an easy shield, and instead try and take me out for the win.

I figured that if SAMP! were to suddenly switch stances, stop giving me the benefit of the doubt, or otherwise act in contrast to his earlier behavior, I'd have somebody to suspect. As far as I can tell though, he has acted consistently.

Without anyone to really suspect I'm going to look back and see if I can dig up any dirt on Mustilicor, since no one has been able to find any decent evidence against her yet.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”