ZOMBIES! - Zombies take over for the win!!!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

ODDin wrote:I understand you have reasons for voting for reck, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is post 886:
Albert B. Rampage (post 886) wrote:Why is evilsnail getting into so much trouble because he doesn't want to lynch me? That's not normal and I can't help but think that someone is pulling the strings here.
Saying this certainly implies "scum are behind the accusations of evilsnail". Can't see any other way to read it.
And if you bothered to say it, it means you found it important enough. And yet, even though nobody has addressed this point, you're not pressing anyone and not trying to question anyone. It seems you just blurted the thought and then forgot all about it.
No, I just realized it was ridiculous and ridden with the natural paranoia that comes with an off the cuff reaction.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 am

I had the same extemporaneous reaction at the beginning of the day when tate was being voted in like 5 posts in a row, but like Yosarian said, votes will come indiscriminately from all sides when someone plays like that. So in that case, I chose not to say anything.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Pie_is_good (2) Wolframnhart
Albert R (1) xRECKONERx
bv310 (1) ODDin
iLord (2) evilsnail, manho
evilsnail (1) Starbuck
Reckoner (2) Albert B. Rampage, CooLDoG
Wolf (1) elvis_knits

not voting:
iLord
animorpherv1
MrSuave
Nobody Special
Pie_is_good
Yosarian2
CryMeARiver
bv310
Diamondilium

With 18 players it takes 10 to lynch
Deadline is Sunday March 28th, 10:00am PST
Last edited by farside22 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 am

Post by ODDin »

So, this
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I never said "scum are accusing evilsnail", ever.
turned into "I did say it but then realised it was ridiculous"?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am

ODDin wrote:So, this
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I never said "scum are accusing evilsnail", ever.
turned into "I did say it but then realised it was ridiculous"?
You misunderstand.

I never said scum are accusing evilsnail, this is fact. I said I had a SCARY FEELING scum are pulling some strings to frame evilsnail. Then I said that my feeling was unfounded on this page.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

Post by ODDin »

I see very little difference between "scum are accusing evilsnail" and "scum are pulling strings to frame evilsnail", as far as the meaning goes. Scum don't telepathically control the town, so the only way scum can frame somebody, other than through NKs and other special actions (which obviously weren't involved) is to go ahead and accuse them, hoping town would follow.
Post 886 didn't imply that your observations were more "gut" and "only a feeling" than any other thing you've said.

Also, when exactly did you realise your feeling was unfounded?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

ODDin wrote:Post 886 didn't imply that your observations were more "gut" and "only a feeling" than any other thing you've said.
ORLY
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why is evilsnail getting into so much trouble because he doesn't want to lynch me? That's not normal and I can't help but think that someone is pulling the strings here.

Vote: Diamondilium
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

ODDin wrote:Also, when exactly did you realise your feeling was unfounded?
When there weren't any more people voting me, that's when.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 am

Post by ODDin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ODDin wrote:Post 886 didn't imply that your observations were more "gut" and "only a feeling" than any other thing you've said.
ORLY
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why is evilsnail getting into so much trouble because he doesn't want to lynch me? That's not normal and I can't help but think that someone is pulling the strings here.

Vote: Diamondilium
YES RLY

"I can't help but think that" doesn't imply that what is being said is more of a baseless gut feeling than usual. Almost all arguments are a matter of how you look at things and how you interpret them, so saying "I think that" before an argument doesn't seem special to me.
What, if you don't say "X is scum lynch him now plz" I'm supposed to infer that what you're saying is baseless gut feelings?

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ODDin wrote:Also, when exactly did you realise your feeling was unfounded?
When there weren't any more people voting me, that's when.
So, you needed people to unvote you for you to start thinking straight?
Also, reck is still voting for you. If he unvotes you, will you reach the conclusion that your argument on him is a baseless gut feeling as well?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:51 am

ODDin wrote:What, if you don't say "X is scum lynch him now plz" I'm supposed to infer that what you're saying is baseless gut feelings?
If I don't vote the player, if I don't mention the player anywhere else, if I don't even vote for that person in the post where I'm making a vague allusion to that player, then yes! It is safe to assume it is a feeling and not an argument!
ODDin wrote:So, you needed people to unvote you for you to start thinking straight?
Now you're just inventing things. Where did I say that I needed people to unvote me? Nowhere! After a few posts when no one bandwagoned me I assumed that I was wrong about someone trying to set me up as a tate v2.0.
ODDin wrote:Also, reck is still voting for you. If he unvotes you, will you reach the conclusion that your argument on him is a baseless gut feeling as well?
This is a follow-up question to "so you needed people to unvote you to start thinking straight?", which doesn't make sense in the first place because I don't need anyone to unvote me. Like I said, after a few posts with me not being martyred or quicklynched, I just took it as a sign that 2012 is still 2 years away.

ODDin you are really grasping at straws here. Do you want to attack me? Do you want me to attack you? Are you trying to say something? Huh? Wanna start something!?
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by ODDin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ODDin wrote:What, if you don't say "X is scum lynch him now plz" I'm supposed to infer that what you're saying is baseless gut feelings?
If I don't vote the player, if I don't mention the player anywhere else, if I don't even vote for that person in the post where I'm making a vague allusion to that player, then yes! It is safe to assume it is a feeling and not an argument!
Post 886 seemed to imply that the one "pulling the strings" was in fact diamond.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ODDin wrote:So, you needed people to unvote you for you to start thinking straight?
Now you're just inventing things. Where did I say that I needed people to unvote me? Nowhere! After a few posts when no one bandwagoned me I assumed that I was wrong about someone trying to set me up as a tate v2.0.
You said you realised your argument was baseless when people unvoted you. You'd think that if something were baseless, you wouldn't need anyone to unvote you to realise that. You'd just need to notice that there was nothing to support the claim, with or without anyone voting for you.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ODDin wrote:Also, reck is still voting for you. If he unvotes you, will you reach the conclusion that your argument on him is a baseless gut feeling as well?
This is a follow-up question to "so you needed people to unvote you to start thinking straight?", which doesn't make sense in the first place because I don't need anyone to unvote me. Like I said, after a few posts with me not being martyred or quicklynched, I just took it as a sign that 2012 is still 2 years away.
You were never in danger of being quicklynched. Plus, you were talking about evilsnail being accused, not you.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you want to attack me?
I am attacking you.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you want me to attack you?
OMGUS much?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Are you trying to say something? Huh? Wanna start something!?
Why so edgy?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:20 pm

ODDin wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Post 886 seemed to imply that the one "pulling the strings" was in fact diamond.
Indeed! Quite perceptive! Since you seem to not understand sarcasm, I will point it out every time I use it. That was sarcasm about you being perceptive.
ODDin wrote:You were never in danger of being quicklynched. Plus, you were talking about evilsnail being accused, not you.
That's awesome! Yes that was sarcasm too, because you can't possibly attack me because I wasn't in danger of being quicklynched or evilsnail being accused, both of which I hopefully do not control.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you want to attack me?
Sarcasm.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you want me to attack you?
Sarcasm.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Are you trying to say something? Huh? Wanna start something!?
Sar...wait for it...ORGASM. Just kidding, it was sarcasm. Sigh ODDin, can you post something worth addressing? It seems the best you can do is try to confuse me about two different things: one is me getting bandwagonned, and the other, the other snail getting attacked for defending me. Make no mistake, they are linked. Indeed when I was bandwagonned, I wasn't suspicious until evilsnail was also attacked for defending me, which raised doubts as to why that would happen. I know I'm town, so maybe scum tried to take a shot at me but didn't succeed so they redirected their attack on Evilsnail...or maybe I was overthinking it.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by ODDin »

Okay, here are my points against you in a clearer fashion.

1) You say you never said scum were accusing evilsnail. But you did say something which means exactly that you thought scum were accusing evilsnail. You're being terribly nitpicky about the specific formulation, but it's pretty obvious what the meaning was.
This is contradiction and backtracking.

2) You say your argument was merely a baseless gut feeling, and that you not voting anyone based on it was supposed to be an indication to that. However, you did vote diamond based on that argument. Also, you didn't actually say your argument was unfounded until I started questioning you about it.

3) When asked about when you realised your argument was unfounded, you said it was when people weren't voting for you anymore (post 1007). If an argument is wrong, you don't need anyone to unvote you for you to realise it's wrong.

4) You're suddenly all edgy and annoyed and moved to semi-insulting me. Fascinating.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Here is our player list...
farside22 wrote:
Player list

Wolframnhart

CryMeARiver

ODDin

animorpherv1
McZombie

MrSuave

CooLDoG

Starbuck

bv310

elvis_knits
ZazieR

xRECKONERx

Nobody Special
Dr.Cyanide
WRP_Beater

Pie_is_good
tatetothetot

Albert B. Rampage

evilsnail

iLord

manho

Yosarian2

Diamondilium

Since the start of day we have heard from the following for...

(Listed in most posts to least posts with additional notes from myself)

Starbuck - (25 posts) I know my Day 1 activity was horrid, now that things have died down a bit in real life. I'm back and scumhunting.
ABR - (25 posts) Not sure how I feel about him yet. I wasn't comfortable with how evil immediately came to his defense, and how ABR hasn't really responded to anything I said concerning himself.
ODDin - (17 posts) Scumhunting hence no qualms from me
iLord - (13 posts) Scumhunting no qualms from me
evilsnail (12 posts) I'm not comfortable with his almost immediate white knighting of ABR.
CooLDoG - (8 posts) Doesn't really make a lot of sense most of the time. I'm not sure if he's floundering scum already or if he's still playing the newbie card.
bv310 - (7 posts) his only posts of today were immediately bandwagoning tate at the start of day and unvoting tate after he was replaced, as well as more continued talk about tate. He's not scumhunting, and is a hindrance.
Wolf - (7 posts) Posting little, but posting substance.
Pie - (6 posts) Not caught up yet, jumped in the middle of the game without really knowing what's going on
Reck - (6 posts) ABR does have one point that I agree with about Reck. He's not scumhunting. Get into the game, Will.
Animo - (5 posts) Barely contributing, doing his normal active lurker meta, but it doesn't mean that I like it.
Elvis - (5 posts) Not talkative like she normally is as town. I know she can bring valuable insight to the game, and I'm wondering when that's going to start or if it will.
Yosarian2 - (5 posts) Doesn't post a lot, but at least posts substance when he does post.
CryMeARiver - (4 posts) His only posts of today were immediately bandwagoning tate at the start of day, LoLing at something, Unvoting tate after he was replaced, and something else. He's not scumhunting, but being a hindrance.
Nobody Special - (4 posts) Not caught up yet
Diamond - (3 posts) Has less posts than the replacee's! Starts up a good case on ABR, but then suddenly abandons it (more down below about this).
manho - (3 posts) Has less posts than the replacee's! Just overall unhelpful.

We have not heard from MrSuave AT ALL since the start of Day.

Mod: Please prod MrSuave

So after all of this, I would like more contribution from MrSuave and anyone 10 posts or below.

Of all of these posts since the start of day, this is what has happened that I have found suspicious

In a quick succession after the NK writeup, we have ODDin, animo, iLord, CryMeARiver, and bv310 all voting for tate. In the sense of opportunism, I feel that animo, CryMeARiver and BV were all being opportunists with this quickwagon.

Diamondilium votes ABR, but then doesn't really add anything back to the conversation, and lets me do all the dirty work concerning that.

ODDin unvotes tate and votes bv310 for continuing his active lurking, but he doesn't bother to mention the other active lurkers that voted for tate such as CryMeaRiver or animo, or even the other active lurkers in general.

Reckoner jumps in with a vote on ABR, but adds nothing of his own to the case.

Evilsnail jumps in with a fake vote on ABR before switching to iLord. He accuses iLord of
evilsnail wrote:...somehow figuring out McGriddle was lying town when this was totally not obvious
but doesn't provide any evidence other than his word.

ABR votes Diamond here because
ABR wrote:Why is evilsnail getting into so much trouble because he doesn't want to lynch me? That's not normal and I can't help but think that someone is pulling the strings here.
, but then 3 posts later he switches to Reck because
ABR wrote:Scummier than Diamondilium, yet not smart enough to know which string to pull to close the red curtains. But scummier nonetheless.
In the stream of unvotes after Tate is replaced, Diamond sneaks in an Unvote of ABR because all of a sudden he now finds ABR's explanations satisfactory. I'm not sure if anyone else got this feeling, but I felt that it was like a scum buddy starting to try and distance and then stopping.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 pm

ODDin wrote:Okay, here are my points against you in a clearer fashion.

1) You say you never said scum were accusing evilsnail. But you did say something which means exactly that you thought scum were accusing evilsnail. You're being terribly nitpicky about the specific formulation, but it's pretty obvious what the meaning was.
This is contradiction and backtracking.

2) You say your argument was merely a baseless gut feeling, and that you not voting anyone based on it was supposed to be an indication to that. However, you did vote diamond based on that argument. Also, you didn't actually say your argument was unfounded until I started questioning you about it.

3) When asked about when you realised your argument was unfounded, you said it was when people weren't voting for you anymore (post 1007). If an argument is wrong, you don't need anyone to unvote you for you to realise it's wrong.

4) You're suddenly all edgy and annoyed and moved to semi-insulting me. Fascinating.
Realized with a z.

1) The way I formulated it is indicative of my ideology that some thoughts arise not as a conscious endeavor but as something you have no control over, feelings that come and go as they please.

2) Obviously I don't want to undermine my own credibility by retracting a statement. Did Ford recall the Pinto when they discovered a deadly flaw in the car? No, they did not, because that would tarnish their reputation, which they need if they want to sell cars, and that I need to be taken seriously.

3) This is an outright lie. Why are you resorting to lying as a means to scumhunt?

4) What's the matter? Can't take a joke?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:3) This is an outright lie. Why are you resorting to lying as a means to scumhunt?
This is an example of the type of leading questions you keep asking me, which isn't annoying, but I do view them as passive-aggressive.

If I was not to use your own methods against you, I would say:

3) You have misread, sir, because I never said that I changed my mind because people unvoted me. I said that more people weren't voting for me. Not that anyone unvoted me.

Before you push it away, there's a sizable difference between the two interpretations. If I change my mind after someone unvotes me, that becomes scummy because I am acting in reaction to people's perceptions of me. That's the way you are trying to frame the situation. The correct interpretation is that I changed my point of view when I wasn't being bandwagonned anymore because my point of view (that was a feeling of paranoia) depended on me being wagonned. See the difference?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

ABR sounds
real
mad.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Less fluff, more catching up, kthnx.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

8 pages in, I'd be voting for Yos. Perhaps it's just easier for me to say this with 20/20 hindsight, but McGriddle seems more like an idiot than like scum. I feel like Yos is better than the case he's making here.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Also, Starbuck needs to chill. I'm contributing more than most people here. In fact, I'm contributing more than everyone because everything I say is great.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You need to contribute once you are completely caught up.

Do that, and I'll leave that fact alone.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

10 in: would also get behind a manho wagon. Not liking any of the mainstream wagons at this point; they seem OMGUSy.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by MrSuave »

picking up a prodz, I will post content in a bit
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

On 15, my reactions:
-I would be all over Cooldog at this point. Sure, he's the VI type, but the best tell on a VI type is whether or not he overreacts to pressure (which he did).
-Would also get behind a manho wagon. Everything he says comes across as extremely forced and overcalculated.
-Less suspicious of Yos than a few days ago but still keeping an eye on him.
-Someone asked me what I thought of the ABR wagon (today), so I've been trying to keep an eye on him, but I've found his posting so far unremarkable (i.e. nothing scummy).
-iLord seems like a pretty okay dude.
-Starbuck is, like, a constant downer.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Further:
-would like to add Reckoner to my list of Pretty Okay Dudes
-McGriddle is clearly an idiot and I don't blame you all for lynching him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”