Mafia 110: Mafia in Hell, Michigan (Tied.)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

RayFrostWikiManager wrote:I'm still an idiot that needs to do a lot more reading, though.
That or, reasoning is tech.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

jbernier93 wrote:
vote:Ythan

Crypto and Ythan agreed some and fought some yesterday. Lots of interaction between the two until Ythan started pushing the horror lynch way too hard. Crypto put Ythan low on his list. Ythan's bickering with Horror was very anti-town.
And here is the case itself. Points:

Crypto and Ythan agreed some and fought some yesterday.

Detail.
Lots of interaction between the two until Ythan started pushing the horror lynch way too hard.

Definitely detail.
Crypto put Ythan low on his list.

Ok.
Ythan's bickering with Horror was very anti-town.

This is going to be less impressive as your reasons that I'm actually scummy unravel.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Dragonfly13 replaces WRP_Beater effective immediately.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Ythan »

Welcome to the game, sorry about your impending death.
RayFrostWikiManager
RayFrostWikiManager
Townie
RayFrostWikiManager
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by RayFrostWikiManager »

Ythan wrote:
RayFrostWikiManager wrote:I'm still an idiot that needs to do a lot more reading, though.
That or, reasoning is tech.
Right, reasoning is simply a technicality if you're right. :D

By the way, Ythan is fairly obv town from the way Crypto & Cyanide treated him, in addition to other reasons. Don't really see the case on him; seems most of the issues tend to be with the fact that he posts so often he's bound to make a mistake somewhere in there...
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Ythan »

RayFrostWikiManager wrote:
Ythan wrote:That or, reasoning is tech.
You're no RayFrost.
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Riddick »

Ythan wrote:Riddick, how do you feel about your predecessor's case against jb?
septL wrote:
voet; jbenier
cos ur not inno
I think he/she may have made a very good point, although the spelling is perhaps not as good as it could be.

Eh, I don't think dedicatedscribe is scum, @ the mole long post.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Riddick »

Ythan wrote:
RayFrostWikiManager wrote:
Ythan wrote:That or, reasoning is tech.
You're no RayFrost.
Yeah, but Rayfrost joins too many games.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

DedicatedScribe wrote:jbearner
SK
NS
Ythan

After I start my attack, I'll be following you guys like I'm on twitter ^^.
Bated breath.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

Every time I get to the "Things DS Said About Current Suspect" part of my investigations I am so tempted to just go on and on about the things DS himself has done.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

farside22 wrote:jbernier93: Why did you vote for horror for weak reason? Why blame ythan for his hard push when there were others (you, ace, lowell) that said next to nothing but still voted for horror.
Was this ever answered to anyone's satisfaction?

Also farside points out clear jb backpedaling in her iso 82. Her 116 is also full of juicy anti-jb goodies. This is my favorite case from another player at the moment, even if it doesn't concur with my tippy top suspect.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by pman5595 »

yes Ythan those are my whole cases.

and RFWM, do you have reasoning, except "scummy"? OR are you just buddying with Ythan.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

Rikenslope wrote:
I don't mean it was a bad lynch, I'm referring to the fact that Ythan had to be an asshole about it.
That is a well thought out method of backpeddling. So in that fact I am very much in agreeance with Farside. I don't know if it is enough for me to want to vote for Jbernier, but it is enough for me to put him in my top 3.
If Rike is indeed scum this is more scum points for jb.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

pman5595 wrote:and RFWM, do you have reasoning, except "scummy"? OR are you just buddying with Ythan.
I can not wait to see your explanation for this.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by pman5595 »

well since you have been attacking me over the last pages..................................
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Ythan »

You need a B to connect your A and C. Get out of the habit of not explaining your comments.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Ythan »

Also pman, can you explain which positive comments on scum of Lowell's you found suspect, specifically?

UNRELATED

Done with jb. He's also scum. I'll vote him or Beater for a lynch.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

I have determined that Lowell's method is terrible and to recheck each post referenced in his long analyses.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Currently reading over those posts and I'm getting a serious scum read on Lowell. Since I am willing to lynch a number of players at this point I'm going to

unvote

If anyone wants to attack me for being willing to lynch so many players they should first address the cases against those players and try to prove that they're not all sound.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

The more I go through, I actually get the feeling Lowell will be a wagon everyone can agree on when I'm done with this so

vote Lowell
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

Lowell wrote:29- farside mocks, then continues, question game [-]
She disagreed with PR questions specifically.

40- horror votes farside for 29
Specifically for avoiding the PR question. Do you think this was scummy of her?

71- pman tries cutsie post about scum claims [-]
Why minus?

113- big post from scribe, good, mostly
Mostly? Detail is tech.

132- STRONGLY disagree with this post, townlists are awesome
Unless you say why I'm going to assume it's because it gives you good NK targets.

155- farside writes "anti-town" for "awesome" [-, this still vaguely looks like a setup of some kind...]
Of some kind? Detail or I have to assume this is OMGUS.

158- cyanide votes crypto w/ hilarious post [+, just a vibe]
Apart from being a terrible reason to give him a plus it's between the two confirmed scum.

172- saint votes horror
No comment on the reasoning?

204- molestar offers a nice summary, votes crypto
Did this nice summary not warrant a plus because crypto is your scumbuddy?

266- Beater show continues [+, this guy is fireworks, but gives off town vibe]
Unlikely town vibe comment with Beater as scum is in line with his positive vibes for Dr. C voting crypto.

268- saint switches vote to saint
?

277- nobody special obsesses over votecount AGAIN, votes beater, promises more action later [-, almost too obvious to be scum. Almost]
With all the scummy things NS did you still had to make such a big,
big
stretch?

278- ythan votes rich [+, Lowell approves]
So now you like the Rich wagon?

279- scribe posts longass diatribe to complete simple action of voting for an obvious candidate, beater [-, not buying this]
It was a generaly review. Ugh.

297- crypto votes rich [+, bandwagons have trouble moving in this game]
This didn't come up before. When it wasn't your scumbuddy.

300s- rich loses his shit
In the future it will help if you're more consistent with the pluses and the minuses so it doesn't look weird when you don't minus something like this. This point applies all over the place on this list.

322- farside pays too much attention to me
I'm not even sure you put the right post number here, though it is a farside post. No idea what you're talking about.

328- saint comes to senses, unvotes beater and votes rich [+]
I think you're really bad at distancing. Like to the point of it being nonexistent in your play.

329- farside votes saint [-, I actually don't see the problem w/ his vote switch here... this looks like diversion]
From what? The other points you made up against farside in this post?

346- rich claims watcher [+, very believable given the circumstances]
What circumstances?
I am ashamed that this took until day three. Even without the confirmed scum this is still terrible. I may address your own numbered points from the bottom of the post as well.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by Kison »

Someone. Please. Just... kill me now.

Sorry, but this is long. I have not finished farside22, but I do not plan on pushing her for a lynch today anyways, mainly after a quick review of her push for crypto during day one. My eyes are bleeding so I'm going to stop typing and hit that beautiful, oh so beautiful submit button.

In no particular order:

WRP_Beater
- Not posting anything relevant. Needs a kick in the behind. EDIT: I see he's getting replaced. Good. I literally have almost nothing to comment about him. The one thing I can say is that I think his reaction to the fake daykill is probably the only point in his favor. The rest is mostly null.

RayFrostWikiManager

- He's made a few relevant posts, but not very many. I have him easily further into the scum category for a single post he made during Day One where he subtly pushed the Richard wagon by claiming there was a high chance he was lying about his role, and that pressure votes should be applied, but then stating that he might not be a good lynch. Very wishy washy and noncommittal.
- In the same post he throws a vote onto Rikenslope for unexplained reasons.
- His next post, he pushes Richard again, saying he doubts he is telling the truth, and cites several reasons he finds him to be scum. Which has me wondering why he views him as a bad lynch?
- Votes for ace for unexplained reasons. Later explains these as lurking pressure.
- More recently we have him promising to catch up and failing to deliver. How he could seem like a bad vote is beyond me. Would definitely support a Ray lynch, but would prefer to see him get something posted.

Lowell
- A bit back and forth with him. Some terrible day one posts(the two that I quoted Ythan quoting in my first post in the game), but some good points raised in his two PbPs. His defense of WRP_Beater comes down to unexplainable vibes, which I am not buying. His hop onto the horrodude wagon shows no original thought of his own, making it nearly impossible to determine his motives. Would not mind lynching Lowell today.

Update: He finally gave a tangible reason for his defense of WRP_Beater(I would get the post but the f'ing site is hung right now), stating that crypto was buddying up to WRP. crypto spent a good portion of Day One gunning for WRP, and decided on a whim that he was town based on (A) Lowell's defense of him, (B) his 'quote' of the town win condition. This actually changes my mind a bit on his WRP read, because I think that if crypto and WRP were scum together, he would be less willing to let a partner like WRP_Beater, who probably isn't the ideal scum buddy to let sit around, slide for something simple.

Rikenslope

- Doesn't do a whole lot during D1. Votes for Richard despite power claim, later stating he didn't see the claim. Understandable.
- Vague vote on WRP_Beater considering how much time passes between that point and time and his previous post.
- Eggs on fight between Ythan and horrordude. Joking?
- By day two, he shows signs of having his head in the game. Actively looking for scum. Noting decent point raised against SK during D2 about his inconsistency towards Richard.
- Post #1065 again raises some good points, particularly against Ythan(though, as I said early, based on the particular placement of Ythan on crypto's list, I think it's actually a point in his favor).
- Day There: votes for Ythan for being a bully. I'd like some examples of this.
- All in all, not the most active player, but most of his posts serve a purpose. As such, I would look elsewhere for today's lynch.

pman5595
- He justified his horrordude vote with a meta on himself??? Later claimed that we have to lynch a vanilla claim, which is entirely false. His vote on Rikenslope has a solid backing. He places an unexplained vote on Lowell, which is later explained.

His Lowell vote consists of three chunks:
Point 1(
gives positive comments on scum
) is valid.
Point 2(
not on nobody special wagon (didn't want to wagon on a townie maybe?)
) fails to explain why Lowell-scum doing this would be more likely than Lowell-town.
Point 3(
now goes after Rikenslope, possibly his scumbuddy for reasons explained day 2
) again assumes Lowell is scum and fails to explain why this behavior is more likely for him as scum than for him as town.

Ultimately, lots of fallacies to be found in his posts. pman is on the scummier end of the spectrum.

Unsight replacing Cirno

- I have no real opinion of Cirno. She didn't do a whole lot while she was in the game, and seemed to have more fun with her character than she did looking for scum. Replacing out suggests she was disinterested with the game or unable to keep up.
- Unsight's entrance into the game is a huge improvement. I agree with her reasons for her vote on SaintKerrigan.
- Questions Dr. Cyanide over ambiguous crypto vote.
-
"Look at his FoS list. SK appears on there. Odd? Not by itself, but go read his ISO and look for when he first suspected SK. To save you some trouble, it's that top suspect post we just saw."
- This is not true. While Nobody Special didn't ever directly state that SaintKerrigan was among his top suspects, it can definitely be inferred that he didn't like him. I just did a quick scan through his posts and see pushes against SaintKerrigan both here & here. The second post in particular, he shows willingness to see him lynched.
- Unsatisfied by Dr. Cyanide's crypto vote explanation.
- Calls Lowell out on empty promises to catch up.
- She is intrigued by SaintKerrigan's theory that farside22's comment about wanting a player vig'd off meant she is a Serial Killer. I went back in forth on this, so I can see it being argued both ways. Ultimately, though, what SaintKerrigan said does make sense.
- This post is bad. While SaintKerrigan's point against farside22's possible slip was valid, so too was her defense about knowing that crypto slipped up on the town win condition, suggesting that she knew what it was. His unvote makes perfect sense, here.
- Ambivalent towards the order in which NS/SK are lynched, because she thinks they are linked.
- "
I have this theory about Beater being deliberately scummy so his scummates can bus him to look good.
" - What do you think that crypto's 180 towards WRP_Beater says about this?
- Thinks NS's lynch is less optimal than SaintKerrigan's, but settles for it.
- Votes Lowell, calling him a "remaining suspect".
- Her vote against WRP_Beater is consistent with previous day reluctance to vote him, primarily that she thought he was unlikely scum with NS/SK.
- All in all, mostly good stuff from Unsight.

Konowa replacing Musher333

- Didn't care for Musher333's response to Richard's "What should the cop do" question. For one thing, I found the question itself bad and not warranting explanation.
- I think earlier I said I detested his play, but now that I look back, I see that I confused him with crypto, because both commented on Cirno's refusal to answer the question about her alt. In Musher's case, he's less in the wrong here, but it's difficult to tell if he's actually backtracking. Initially he says that not answering a question is "hardly ever a townish thing to do." The next two posts, he claims that he was not necessarily referring to this particular instance.
- Unvotes because the RVS is "pretty much over", which if that were the case, I think he'd have a better idea of where to put his vote.
- Good reads on crypto and Cirno, but disagree with his read on Dedicated Scribe.
- Doesn't find Richard suspicious until he does a review of farside22.
- Enter konowa. Votes Nobody Special for reasons that had already been stated by others.
- I don't understand the jbernier93 vote.
- Rikenslope vote is for valid reasons, and ones I also allude to in my rundown of him.
- Dislike the attack against Ythan over flavor talk.

* All in all, I am finding it hard to reach a conclusive read on Konowa/Musher333. I would like to hear him take a firm stance on some of the other players.

MoleStargazer

- Reasonable vote on crypto. Looking back, crypto definitely looked like he wasn't putting much thought into P128, because he couldn't substantiate his suspicions once called out on it.
- Focuses mostly on Richard & WRP_Beater. Only tangible point against WRP_Beater that I can see is that he thinks he reeks of Mafia based on his "I wouldn't do that as scum" comment. His points against Richard come down to:

* "
I don't like your over-aggressiveness in defending yourself.
" - Bad point. Nothing says that scum will have a stronger tendency to be "over aggressive", especially not when it comes to self defense. Why would scum have any more motivation to defend themselves than town? Getting lynched is bad for either.
* "
I don't think your original question was particularly pro-town.
" - Valid, but so late in the game, not really a strong point.
* "
I don't like your 'fine, vote me' attitude. Seems almost like scum telling us to call their bluff. I'm tempted to.
" - Again, this is arguable. I don't see anything that suggests frustrated town would be more willing to go for the "i told you so" line than scum. In fact, I don't think I've seen any correlation between alignment and this kind of behavior.

Two posts laters, he votes for him, referring back to the reasons I listed above. I don't like this vote. It just strikes me as bandwagony, where he picked out a few posts to respond to and then decides to hop on board.
- Later comments that nothing stands out as a better wagon than Richard. Only other player he bothers providing any analysis over is WRP_Beater.
- Immensely dislike his horrordude vote. Provides no reasons of his own other than 'agreeing with the smiley theory'. Terrible and opportunistic.
- I'm spotting major hypocrisy in his accusation that ace's horrordude vote "
Seems to be a clear bandwagon vote
". Really??? Molestargazer provided essentially no reason for
his
vote
. See above.
- In post #1129 (same posts I commented on above), he raises this as a point against Jbernier93:
molestargazer wrote:This from ISO 10 raised an eyebrow:
Well, if Ythan's post were really "something sily & of no consequence which lacks sense and/or significance," then you wouldn't bother to go look up which players correspond to the numbers he was looking to.
Surely someone attacking you warrants a response regardless of how apparently silly it is? Do you not think that a response in that case would be in fact necessary in that pointless attacks could be a scumtell?
What I find bothering about this is that he used the exact same post that he is attacking here as a supporting reason for suspecting Richard early on in the game, back in post #336:
molestargazer wrote:Up until recently, I hadn't paid all that much attention to the content of the Farside/Richard debate about the cop question.
Judging from what jbernier noted
, as well as what I previously noted about the aggression, I would actually agree with Ythan in that he's on rather thin ice. I will watch developments as I read.
So my question is, if that chunk of text is truly problematic, why did you seem to find it valid enough to justify your view that Richard is on thin ice? Am I misreading something here?

- Late to the Nobody Special wagon, but had said he found the guy sketchy earlier. Reason looks valid.

A lot of things don't add up upon review. I have a feeling my vote is going onto him once I'm done with this.

Riddick replacing SeptL

- Bought into Ythan's smiley tell, but didn't act on it(at least not immediately).
- "
richard's really fucking scummy btw.
" - How?
- Defends Lowell, saying he's perfectly capable of making cases. I'm interested in how he has a meta read on Lowell after two days on the site?
- Gives a town/scum list with no backing. Willing to let Richard prove his role. Good!
- Actually, I think the WRP_Beater reaction to being daykilled is a point in his favor, so I really don't like the vote.
- Thinks crypto is town for matching his meta with him. Not sure what to think of this.
- He thinks horrordude is town: "
His responses seem genuine and I get an honest vibe from him.
"
- Still thinks horrordude is town after huge debate.
- "
Farside is obviously town with her push on Crypto.
" - Reasonable conclusion.
- Thinks SaintKerrigan's suspicion that farside22 may be the serial killer is not too unreasonable. Again, I agree that it's not a bad theory.
- votes for WRP_Beater for not providing content.
- Votes nobody special, but maintains that WRP_Beater is his second chice.
- "
Hey guys Ythan's pretty likely town, anyone voting him really should re-consider. Just reading him in iso I don't get a scum vibe at all
" - Is there anything else to this? This is kind of vague.
- All in all, seems to be tunneling on WRP_Beater, even into day three. Would like to hear some content on other players. Conclusion? Difficult to get a good read. I think his opinions so far have added up, but that he is not looking at other players hard enough.

DedicatedScribe

- Good vote on Musher333.
- Makes the right call on horrordude(thinking he is town) early on Day 1.
- Also FoS's crypto for(what I consider) the right reasons.
- Seems eager to get things moving. This is a good thing.
-
In actuality, it isn't timely or convenient, as he's getting votes right now O.o

His join date kinda removes this point, however. Ill also
FoS WRP_ Beater
Don't understand this. What does his join date have to do with anything?

- FoS's horrordude, for disliking crypto's gut-based vote. But also calls it an attempt to set up a mislynch. That's a stretch.
- In post #279, lists WRP_Beater & Richard as two people he'd like to vote, but makes no real mention of finding Richard suspicious in either that post or the post before. He did FoS Richard in the prior post, but it was a joke FoS. So something about the way he says, "
Richard and Mr. Beater are on my more realistic hitlist for today. Shall we?
" just reeks of opportunistic bandwagoning. Ultimately, he goes with a WRP_Beater vote, which I actually do not, on its own, have an issue with.
- In this post he states that he thinks Richard is bad town, so that actually partially clears up the discrepency in the above point.
- Agrees with farside22's FoS on SaintKerrigan(where he doesn't explain his voteS).
- Disbelieves Richard's claim, but doesn't explain why. Seems inconsistent to me, as he was just saying that he thought Richard was dumb town.
- Unvotes WRP_Beater based on his reaction to the fake daykill. This is what I would have done.
- Votes Nobody Special, points out opportunistic votes against horrordude.
- Argues with Ythan over clarification for his horrordude case. Nothing noteworthy here.
- Votes horrordude for being the 'safe lynch.'
- States he's 50% sure he's scum, which is actually a fairly high percentage for how distraught he acts over feeling strongarmed into joining the wagon. Urges horrordude to vote for himself(bad).
- Requests modkill of horrordude. Ugh.
- Continues to defend his horrordude vote despite seeming to believe he is town.
- Day Two, votes for Nobody Special. No new reasons listed so I can only assume they are the same as before. He's first no the wagon, so it definitely doesn't look opportunistic.
- Seems honed in on Nobody Special. Poses a few questions to pman, but seems to be ignoring the threeo ther names listed in post #1225
- "
But still. Weird how the one who is night killed is the one you plan to have lynched the following day. First Richard, then Saint Kerrigan.
" Ugh, this is bad. Scum wouldn't go and kill the people they're trying to lynch. They'd save them as possible mislynches the following day.

All in all, I dislike more than I like. Particularly I don't like the insincere vote he placed on horrordude at the end of the first day, nor the push to have him modkilled. Basically, he appears to be overly eager to have the guy offed despite making it known that he thinks he will flip town. His Nobody Special vote during day two looks A-OK with me, but there's little diversity in his scum hunting.

JBernier93

- FoS's horrordude0215 vote on farside22( for avoiding the PR question ), which is fine, but how is it 'premature'?
- Tries to diffuse the "Cirno is scummy for not revealing her alt" line of thinking. Thank you!
- Votes septl for not having posted. Early vote. Looks fine.
- Votes for Richard for calling Ythan's "thin ice" command inane fluff. Looks fine.
- Votes WRP_Beater for admitting to being a noob. Not sure how this equates to scummy.
- Later clarifies that WRP_Beater is acting both noobish and scummy.
- Later unvotes WRP_Beater based on his reaction to the fake daykill. Good, this is what I'd have done.
- Vote on horrordude for appeal to emotion. Meh, I've commented on this in someone else's rundown, but I disagree. The "Vote me! I'll prove you wrong" game I've seen so many times from town.
- Day Two: Votes for Ythan. Reason:

* "
Crypto and Ythan agreed some and fought some yesterday. Lots of interaction between the two until Ythan started pushing the horror lynch way too hard.
"
->
The problem with this is that I'm failing to see what interaction is necessarily painting Ythan in a scummy light.
* "
Crypto put Ythan low on his list.
"
->
Ultimately, this really holds little weight and is subject to the nastiness of WIFOM.
* "
Ythan's bickering with Horror was very anti-town.
"
->
This is probably the only valid reason I see here.

- In the very next post, jbernier claims that the horrordude wagon wasn't necessarily a bad lynch, but that Ythan was an 'asshole' about it. Ok, the Ythan vote now makes even less sense to me.
- Good vote on SaintKerrigan.
- Wants to vote for RayFrostWikiManager
- Thinks Dr. Cyanide is pro-town, which I find interesting. I didn't find much pro-town content from the guy.
- Goes back to Ythan.

- Not liking the Day Two play, especially surrounding the Ythan vote. I think the justification provided is lacking significantly, especially with the admission that the horrordude wagon "wasn't necessarily a bad one."

Ythan

- I want to cry looking at how long the chain of his posts is.
- Calls Mucher333 out on his Cirno/avoiding question about alt stance.
- In general, seems to be sparking discussion by way of interrogation. Good.
- Wants everyone to post before he votes.
- "
Don't share your town list. All it does is take pressure off of some players and make them a bigger target for night kills.
" Agreed.
- "
Smiley in this posts reads to me as attempt to reduce the impact of the case indirectly.
" Disagree.
- Reluctant to hop on the horrordude wagon(early on).
- Votes RichardGHP: "
Attacking a case on you that wasn't even ever made and then saying it doesn't even bother you. I believe that you are scum.
" - Decent vote, though I doubt I'd be that certain about him being scum by that point.
- FoS's horrordude - I don't really see horrordude's "intuition sucks"(crypto's wording) comment as being all that bad, but rather as a desire for crypto to substantiate his suspicions.
- Reasserts that he is willing to lynch Richard or WRP_Beater.
- Would policy lynch Lowell.
- Disapproves of the SaintKerrigan wagon during day one, because he thinks his vote changes were reasonable, which also seems to be the basis of the case against him.
- Thinks Richard's claim only puts a dent in his scummy play, but not a big one.
- I don't really understand his vote on Dedicated Scribe.
- Avoids WRP_Beater wagon in hopes of getting Dedicated Scribe lynched in his stead. Worth noting if Beater flips scum. Still unclear why he finds DS to be scum.
- Switches his vote back to RichardGHP based on his WIFOM defense. Acceptable. I'd probably have done the same, here.
- Reconsidering his dismissal of the SaintKerrigan case.
- Votes for horrordude over his WRP_Beater vote. Seems reasonable to me. As I said in someone else's rundown, Beater's reaction didn't strike me as all too unreasonable, so a vote on him at this point looks bad.
- Explains his horrordude vote in more detail. Reviewing the posts that he himself provided, it all comes down to:

* The use of a smiley / trying to reduce the seriousness of the case against him. My thoughts: This is a stretch, and I've said it before. ( P34 )
* A possible OMGUS vote on crypto. My thoughts: This is fine. I think it's clear horror's vote on crypto was pretty ridiculous. ( P401
* Thinks that his WRP_Beater vote is bandwagony, and prefers his lynch over a power role(Richard). My thoughts: As I've already said, I agree with this. ( P552 )

All in all, I think the justification for the horrorduce vote, at least initially(haven't gotten back into the big debate) is fine.

- Oookay, now comes the fight. Skimming most of this, and I've already commented on it when I first joined the game. I honestly have trouble seeing Ythan-scum being so hellbent on getting horrordude lynched. The entire ordeal only threatens him over the potential gains from getting the guy lynched, because of the attention it draws to him. I would expect scum to be a lot more cautious about something like this. Not to mention, I don't find his original case against the guy to be anything unreasonable.

- He's still bothered by Lowell.
- Votes SaintKerrigan, which I find interesting. You were defending him the day before. What changed?
- Suspects SaintKerrigan(later) for rolefishing.
- Thinks jbernier93 is town, finds his Ythan vote acceptable.
- Votes Nobody Special. No original reasons, picks at a few quotes.
- Unwilling to leave Nobody Special bandwagon for WRP_Beater. Seems convinced Nobody Special is scum.
- Doesn't think Dedicated Scribe is genuinely looking for scum.
- Day Three: Votes Dedicated Scribe.
- Votes Rikenslope without giving an explanation for the DS vote.
- Explains the Rikenslope vote. Reason: Pushing flimsy case without elaborating on it. Not attempting to defend his case.
- Switches to WRP_Beater.

All over the place and posts way too much. Proactive and constantly looking for scum, which is always a plus. Did not like the use of a smiley as vote justification for the horrordude wagon. I think the huge debate with him is either null or town indicative. Finding it difficult to come to a concrete conclusion because of how many f'ing small tidbits there are that I'm sure I've forgotten about, but for the most part I can follow the thought process just fine, so I'm not liking a Ythan lynch for today.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Kison »

So, to answer the question... The people I think are most likely to be scum right now: molestargazer, RayFrostWikiManager, & pman5595, and to a lesser extent: Lowell, jbernier93 & DedicatedScribe

Unvote

Vote: molestargazer
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 am

Post by jbernier93 »

Konowa wrote:Also jb, respond to 1624 if you will.
Oops! Missed that first time through. My bad.
Konowa wrote:Ummm, okay. Let me try this again.

@jb: Saying he [Ythan] is the best lynch option does not answer my question. Why are you voting Ythan (read as: why is Ythan scum?) Also, if you think people are calling things scummy when they are not
then why are you not attacking them for it?

Comment on people other than Ythan jb.
Who else is scum?
I'm voting Ythan because his behavior seems anti-town, there are connections between him and crypto, and he generally has a scummy feel to him. I already answered the second question.

Other people I find scummy... I would say pman hasn't been contributing much and has been flying under the radar, and RFWM isn't looking good, because he hasn't posted much content and the post where he makes a case against mole which doesn't sound make sense at all especially from the perspective of a town-sided role.
Unsight wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Konowa wrote:I would rather lynch jb and let the vig(?) take out Beater.
this ^

meta beater any time and he is basically CSL. Anti-town, uninformative and non-helpful.
Is it standard practice on mafiascum.net to ignore the people who seem obviously scummy and hope a vigilante kills them?
WRP isn't scummy, he's just a VI, similar to empking, zwets, etc etc.
Ythan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:WRP_Beater has requested replacement.
Ugh.
? Isn't this a good thing?
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Ythan wrote:
farside22 wrote:jbernier93: Why did you vote for horror for weak reason? Why blame ythan for his hard push when there were others (you, ace, lowell) that said next to nothing but still voted for horror.
Was this ever answered to anyone's satisfaction?

Also farside points out clear jb backpedaling in her iso 82. Her 116 is also full of juicy anti-jb goodies. This is my favorite case from another player at the moment, even if it doesn't concur with my tippy top suspect.
It's why I haven't changed my vote and I will not be changing my vote anytime soon.
Also as I said blaming someone for pushing hard when jb was voting horror and said nothing during the time is scummy as well.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”