almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 am

Post by almightybob »

Charlie wrote:I asked myself after posting that, :"Is this scummy?" and I found myself answering "No."
You check your own posts to see if they're scummy? Afraid you'll let something slip?

Ifrinn wrote:Missed the bandwagoning though.
Funny, you seemed perfectly aware of it at the time.
Ifrinn wrote:4 Votes in what could be considered a single page? Not good. But nothing to get your knickers in a twist about AlmightyBob.
Explain please.

thatguy wrote:I hate to be 'that guy'
I lol'd.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Ifrinn
Ifrinn
Townie
Ifrinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Ifrinn »

Almightybob. What i meant by "missed the bandwagon though" is that i could have used it as a point against Charlie but failed to do because i believe 5/6 votes is more of a worthwhile wagon to examine. Four is rather hit or miss for me.

Sated?
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Charlie »

Amished wrote:Ruh?
Rut's rhat Rhaggy? A Scooby Snack?
Anon wrote:I could also go for Charlie's head. Who the hell, as town, asks "is this scummy"? after reading a post?
almightybob wrote:You check your own posts to see if they're scummy? Afraid you'll let something slip?
Note to self: don't post that I check my own post for scuminess.
Kindness
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:17 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Sigh. This game is irritating so far.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 am

Post by almightybob »

Ifrinn wrote:Sated?
Not really. That seems like a pretty convoluted explanation, and it doesn't really fit in with the original post. It seems pretty clear to me from the initial post that you were saying "I didn't see the bandwagoning, good point Tar, buddy buddy buddy". I'm not sure I buy your excuse.
Charlie wrote:Note to self: don't post that I check my own post for scuminess.
Is that your only defence against this point?
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Sigh. This game is irritating so far.
If people just post things like that, it will be. You said in your last post that you'd definitely be back up to speed by the weekend. Share your thoughts.
Do you think that what Charlie said is a scumslip?
What is your response to DocPotter's suggestion in post 205 that your noting of DN's request for a sample PM was a well-timed deflection?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

almightybob wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Sigh. This game is irritating so far.
If people just post things like that, it will be. You said in your last post that you'd definitely be back up to speed by the weekend. Share your thoughts.
That was the point at which I finally managed to suffer through the thread so far. That was my initial thought.
Do you think that what Charlie said is a scumslip?
No, it's a stupid slip not a scum slip. It's something that would only be said by someone in a moment of stupidity, and could just as easily be said by someone town aligned (since it reflects sound town strategy to attempt to not seem scummy) or by someone scum aligned (since it reflects good scum strategy to attempt to not seem scummy). It's irrelevent to his alignment.
What is your response to DocPotter's suggestion in post 205 that your noting of DN's request for a sample PM was a well-timed deflection?
It's about as worthy of response as the statement "Glork posted that he hoped to be up to date with the game by the end of today right after the mod posted a voe count. Perhaps his post was a well-timed deflection so people wouldn't know the status of votes?".
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 am

Post by almightybob »

Good. Now go find other things that have happened and comment on them. I really don't want to have to drag responses out of everyone all the way through this game like I've had to in my most recent few games.
almightybob wrote:Anyways, people I'd like to see some goddamn contribution from:

CSL
- 3 posts, no content
Replaced by
Glork
who still hasn't shown his/her face
DizzyIzzyB13
- 5 posts, hardly any content
Has resurfaced
xofelf
-
2 posts, no content
, still hasn't done a goddamn thing all game
Pomegranate
- 7 posts, hardly any content
Resurfaced for a while
Fongoid
-
4 posts, hardly any content
, still not impressed

Mod
, prods on xofelf (7 days without posting) and Fongoid (5 days)? Plus there's bound to be others. Plus you forgot to note Glork replacing CSL in the first post.
I'm a townie! Honest!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 am

Post by jmj3000 »

@everyone: I have never been very good at going and pulling information from many pages of info, unless I have something specific to look for. So, ask me questions and I will answer them.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Glork »

Okay, so the first six pages have been a clusterfuck of stupidity.

DeathNote is reasonably likely to be protown (or, at VERY worst, neutral, which I don't really see fitting into this game).

He asked for a sample townie PM, which -- according to the rules -- the scums have. So if DN were scum, I sincerely doubt he would pose this question. It does very little to benefit hypothetical DNscum, and it has enormous potential benefit to the town. This means that DeathNote likely either has a non-standard protown PM, or that he has a standard protown PM but doesn't want anybody else to land in the pitfalls that befell him in the game he linked. Both are equally likely, so any further speculation should probably be pegged as some form of rolefishing. Seriously. Did ANYBODY read his explanation for why he asked for the sample PM? It makes complete, 100% sense.

Charlie basically claimed that he's either vanilla, or anti-town. There's no point in beating around the fucking bush. Any player with half a brain is thinking this, and the people who are going "WTF R U TRYING 2 SAY?!?!" are either morons or scum.

Re: Bile Bomb, and items in generalI don't think there's a great way to handle this, but I think we have one reasonable option.
I think that whomever grabs it must use it that night and claim the action, their target, and any results the following day.
If a scum grabs/destroys it, they will either have to fake a result or claim not to have gotten it. I think that the potential faked results will be EXTREMELY limited, giving us a decent chance to catch them in a lie. And if they stand down, we have nailed at least one scum among the people who grabbed, which is never a bad thing.
If a town grabs it, they have no reason not to comply, and they have no reason to lie to us. In this case, only the most extremely powerful power-roles would shy away from grabbing an item. If you see an item go up for grabs and you're a big angry power role, simply
don't post until 25% of players have posted/grabbed

One more thing about items.
Do
NOT
speculate in-thread about what grabbed items might do.

If there are a lot of people who are unfamiliar with L4D/L4D2, it's going to make scum fake-claiming that much more difficult. Once the player has claimed the following day,
THEN
we can discuss whether everything fits. This is one of those rare instances in which less information is BETTER for the town and WORSE for the scums.
Anybody who speculates on the next item in-thread is seriously going to get killed dead.

In other news, Socrates' Post 177 makes my panties wet. I am very much in favor of a wagon on Infrinn.

Major FoS: Tar
for coming to the complete wrong conclusions about everybody.
Charlie wasn't bandwagoned because his speculation was RETARDED AS BALLS for scum to make publicly, and very sensible for a Townie to make.
Again, DeathNote's explanations make perfect sense with what he posted.

Ifrinn wrote:*
Anon. As town or scum i have never asked for a sample pm. On one hand its a whole bucket of WIFOM and on the other he could be town. I dont see why tow DN would not have registered "Hm. Maybe this qusetion shouldnt be asked in public and i should pm the mod." considering he has done it before too. On the other hand why would scum DN do it? Town DN has nothing to gain from it imo. Scum DN has meta up his sleeve. But then why would DN have intentionally sabotage himself in the first place in another game prior to this as you say "just for the lulz" Its just head desk all over. As of the moment I would not like DN to be lynched but if he is consistent with his scumminess (because this is what i consider it to be) then i would like him lynched somewhere in the future provided he is not given a PR.

I need to read over the nine pages and compare with my other half.
Keep in mind that YOU are not ANYBODY ELSE. I could see the average player asking the question publicly as town. I could only see the most extreme idiots asking that question publicly as scum. DeathNote is not complete fucking moron, so he is very likely to be protown.

Sorry, but your defense here holds ZERO weight.

Pom is very likely protown. Her 217 is good, especially in relation to the other game I played with her. I feel like I should give Pom a cookie or something.

Major FoS: Izzy

You don't lurk for 9 pages then say the game is "irritating." Contribute, die, or get yourself replaced.

almightybob wrote:
almightybob wrote:Anyways, people I'd like to see some goddamn contribution from:

CSL
- 3 posts, no content
Replaced by
Glork
who still hasn't shown his/her face
Yeah, fuck me for having a life. That said, I have liked bob's posting so far. Not the activity thing (which never hurts, but isn't really a protown tell), but something resonates well with his posts so far. "Protown by gut," I suppose.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, and
Vote: Ifrinn
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Glork »

By the way, IIoA is still the most overrated "scumtell" in Mafia. Virtually every single mafia game has protown players who manage to post while failing to provide analysis. IIoA can be valid in certain specific metas, but as a general tell it's trash.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Amished »

@jmj: Who's your top suspect?

@Charlie: Why did you feel it necessary to state that you reread your posts for scumminess, do you/have you always done that?

@Glork: 1) Welcome to the dark side :)

2) I don't really understand Tar's viewpoint of the game either. He's not one to go for the easy targets and both Charlie and DN seem to fall under that category. Coupled with putting more effort into a case against charlie but voting for DN gives me the creeps too.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Glork wrote:Okay, so the first six pages have been a clusterfuck of stupidity.
Glork wrote:

You don't lurk for 9 pages then say the game is "irritating." Contribute, die, or get yourself replaced.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

I wasn't lurking. I had other priorities that meant I couldn't contribute for several days (which I made a post about). I read through the game to catch up. My comment that the game is irritating was no different to yours calling it a "clusterfuck of stupidity" after reading through it. Will you "Major FoS" yourself for doing the exact same thing?
Show
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

I was kind of pondering if Ifrinns other half is going to have something to say. He said that we'd be able to differentiate them two by one of them posting in *something* type way.

I looked through all the Ifrinn posts, and not one of them isn't in asterisks. Is he ever going to have something to say?

I might be wrong on that, so don't hold it against me.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Charlie »

Amished wrote:@Charlie: Why did you feel it necessary to state that you reread your posts for scumminess, do you/have you always done that?
I initially thought it was harmless; now I learned from this game that it is totally unnecessary to say so. I never made that statement before, this is/was my first time.

I don't really get how Glork came to the conclusion that "I've clamined vanilla or anti-town" part. Mostly on the anti-town part. Aside from that, I think his long post is decent.

Unvote
Kindness
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Amished »

thatguy00 wrote:I was kind of pondering if Ifrinns other half is going to have something to say. He said that we'd be able to differentiate them two by one of them posting in *something* type way.

I looked through all the Ifrinn posts, and not one of them isn't in asterisks. Is he ever going to have something to say?

I might be wrong on that, so don't hold it against me.
The other half could be just talking in their QT and the ** is the representative so that we have the same posting style to look at. Either way, it doesn't matter as long as we're getting something from the slot; unlike you.

When are you not going to follow other people with your suspicions? You've voted for DN when he was getting flak and now Ifrinn when they're getting votes.

Heck, ISO 15 looks more like Socrates is scum as well for pushing an anti-town plan but your vote goes on Ifrinn (since they both advocate plans of a certain select group of people grabbing the item) but doesn't bother to be suspicious of Soc at all ever.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Glork »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Glork wrote:Okay, so the first six pages have been a clusterfuck of stupidity.
Glork wrote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I wasn't lurking. I had other priorities that meant I couldn't contribute for several days (which I made a post about). I read through the game to catch up. My comment that the game is irritating was no different to yours calling it a "clusterfuck of stupidity" after reading through it. Will you "Major FoS" yourself for doing the exact same thing?
I just replaced into the game on Saturday night. Also, the difference between your post and my post is that you posted a useless one-liner, while I potsed actual CONTENT. Don't give me this bullshit.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 am

Post by DeathNote »

Back from my canoe trip. I will be re-reading what I missed which doesn't look like alot.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 am

Post by The AI Director »

Fongoid has flaked. Prodding xofelf.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 am

Post by The AI Director »

God fucking dammit, now xofelf has requested replacement.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 am

Post by thatguy00 »

If you ISO me, Amished, I gave my reason for voting Ifrinn. I'm not suspicious of Soc, plain and simple. It was Ifrinns post that just didn't rub me right. How am I supposed to elaborate more on that? I can't add much when I don't have anything to say while everyone bickers on what boomer bile is going to do, or what the bosses are.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Amished »

I did ISO you and your reasons for voting don't make sense given the context of the game. Socrates clearly had a similar plan (and now that we know how the item mechanic works won't work) for having (a) certain person(s) grab an item. You attack Ifrinn for it while you don't really mention Soc bringing up said plan; and instead agree with him about Ifrinn being scum.

Explain yourself better; or come up with your own ideas that aren't you being scummy.

Unvote

Now that I actually had time to read more of this game and catch the subtleties I'm not liking the Ifrinn wagon as much.

No, my name is not "Ed."
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 am

Post by thatguy00 »

How exactly is it me being scummy? Two people having similar ideas?! OMG thats the scummiest thing I've ever heard! Hell, we'll never get enough votes, people are going to vote for the same person, and suspicions will be flying everywhere!

I voted for Ifrinn because he wants to line people up to take an item, if the mafia wants to have their guys go for the item, and a couple of us survivors go for the item, the mafia is going to know whether or not they have it, and have their choices for a NK. There is a good chance that they'll hit the guy with item. I made it pretty clear I'm not down for the idea of lining people up for a specific item.

I just don't view Soc as being scummy, I don't see it in him right now.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Amished »

thatguy00 in ISO 15 wrote:Ok, Soc. I've read the entire thread over and, yes, regarding post 69, I began to ponder over Ifrinn myself. I'm definitely thinking about placing my vote on him. He kind of rubs me the wrong way in thinking that we should decide on who grabs for an item based on whom we think is the most innocent.

Ponder the theory that if the scum decide to push a couple of their guys into grabbing the item, and let the town go for it, they will have atleast a 50% chance of nailing our guy with the item, assuming they didn't destroy it themselves. It appears to me, that he's trying to set up a plan to benefit himself and the rest of the scum.

So for that reason, I've decided to
vote: ifrinn
Bolding mine.

How is what you've said (the bolded) about Ifrinn different than Socrates'
Socrates in ISO 5 wrote:If we all agree on one player to get the item (say, someone who is a big question mark to the town) then we get a useful tool for determining that persons alignment.

Say we give someone a gun and then tell them to shoot someone else. We can confirm a townie and get a bonus lynch from that, and if they can't, we have a likely scum on our hands. (yea yea, watch out for a role blocker, I know.)
suggestion? They both want to have limited people (in Soc's case, 1) go for the item to help the town. This seems to be your only tangible point against Ifrinn, and it's equally "damning" of Socrates. Yet you wagon *with* Soc *against* Ifrinn. I don't see why (with your claimed reason for suspicion) that they're any different to you.

No, my name is not "Ed."
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

Outside of Socrates ONE post you listed, I don't view him as scummy, call it a gut feeling, I can't explain it. It's just the way he's been acting, and TO ME, Ifrinn has seemed more scummy in my opinion.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”