899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Doublealso, unless you're lying about being town or dana is lying about being a non-activated BB (i.e unless one of you has an NK), Grimmy would have stopped the game last night if there were two scum. Elli's ability could only delay an inevitable scum win in that scenario.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Results of dana readthrough --

Look at dana starting D3, which was when he really started playing the game. He was pretty ambivalent between DoS/me and only switched when it began to appear clear that DoS was the easier mislynch. Even then, he equivocated by claiming that it was somehow feasible that neither DoS nor me was scum (which, while bizarrely accurate, was surely not in any way the default thought pattern given the circumstances):
dana wrote:This post has convinced me until further notice that Iecerint is not the vote for today. However, I'm not 100% sure that DoS is, either. This is just plain confusing...
I can't see town making this post. Given especially that the old roles were visible, including Beauty-Kay's, I think only a player who knows both players are town and is trying to inoculate himself against the fallout would approach the issue this way.

D4, he pretty much pulled the same move. He voted me, unvoted when my lynch was impossible, then quoted the part of my post THAT ASSERTED THAT ELLI WAS NON-SCUM, cast vague suspicion on it, claimed he himself was "confirmed town" on the basis of his early claim, argued that my apparent ingenuity exonerated me (I suppose the same ingenuity he didn't understand?), and voted the only other player capable of being lynched. Then he stopped playing the game.

The only thing he has going for him is his D1 claim, which came before DGB found the old game. I cleared him at the time because the claim matched the flavor I'd read, and then doublecleared him because it matched the old game, which probably explains his low activity (and best in a scum context, as real confirmedTown would probably step up the activity at that point).

Also, there's the observation that his would-be unimpeachable fakeclaim *has not panned out*. In the old game, Boy Blue becomes a vig or paranoid role (pick one each night) when both Rose Red and Red Riding Hood have been killed. That pretty much all happened D1 (even if RR technically "left the game," I assume the mechanics would be unchanged). Even if Grimmy fiddled with the mechanics of activation (I doubt he hypothetically would have, because the default flavor matches the flavor, and he bothered to keep the Lumi-Frau-BabaYaga mess in the mini and to include both RR and RRH in the game), surely the condition would have been met by now. We also know from the rules that, were dana BB, he would be activate-able.

I think Grimmy probably gave him the old BB role as a fakeclaim.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Alright. I can't post anymore until Monday afternoon, but I will say this. It makes NO sense for me to be scum. I have gained abilities as Boy Blue, which I will describe Monday. Town would be VERY stupid to lynch me before then.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It's very lonely here. <_<
Iecerint wrote:Last night I targeted dana and got an innocent result. I don't put too much stock in that, though, because the old game indicates that Ghost only checks someone as "guilty" if he targets someone in the act of killing.
I wonder whether your megaRB motivated the result on dana, since Beauty-Kay's being nerfed and Ghost being harder to activate might have justified making Ghost a little fancier. PMing Grimmy.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

danakillsu wrote:Town would be VERY stupid to lynch me before then.
If you were following along, you would know that it is impossible for us to lynch you unless you help out.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: I suppose Grimmy hasn't posted another VC to confirm that I'm not only restricted on Elli.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Terribad Power Outage, LA for a few days
FLASH OF GREEN
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

danakillsu wrote:Alright. I can't post anymore until Monday afternoon, but I will say this. It makes NO sense for me to be scum. I have gained abilities as Boy Blue, which I will describe Monday. Town would be VERY stupid to lynch me before then.
Yeah.

Slip up! Banana peel!

TOWN will lynch you.

Cuz you're 5kuMz.

vote: danakilsu
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:28 am

Post by danakillsu »

Don't tell me DGB just hammered. If she did, she's really stupid for saying that I scum-slipped. Just because I said town would be stupid to lynch me doesn't mean I'm scum, and I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. My ability as Boy Blue involves a Magic Cape that gives me three options. None of these options are particularly important at this point in the game, as far as I know, but they are:
Teleport someone to another location
Make myself unlynchable and unkillable for one day-night. (This one comes with a big drawback of not being able to vote the next day)
Make it harder for everyone to lynch me.
I chose option 3.
However....
It appears that maybe he took the drawback from option 2 and applied it to me, making my vote not count. Perhaps I misunderstood the PM. I will PM the mod to ask about that. It appears that Iecerint-scum may have just won. If not,
unvote vote: Iecerint
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

DGB is the only player voting you. My vote almost certainly doesn't count (through I suppose Grimmy is yet to post another VC), and Elli is voting me.

Why do you think your vote doesn't count? Unless Elli is lying scum, his failure to be lynched is due to his ability on me.

I think a town player would have been significantly more reticent about claiming the details of his role, especially given that the old game's BB abilities play quite a mind-game on scum if scum already knows what's going on. Bonus points: the "teleportation" ability looks like a bus-drive, which probably accounts for San's result on me. It's too bad we can't lynch him today.

I got a PM back from Grimmy. It didn't clarify whether I was roleblocked. It's not necessarily an interesting point -- Ghost would have come up innocent on dana in the old game last night even if I hadn't been roleblocked unless I'm mistaken -- but for what it's worth, etc.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Grimmy »

Quickee vote countee

Iecerint - 2

Danakillsu
Ellibereth

Danakillsu - 1

D.G.B.
Iecerint

See ya tomorrow
grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:09 am

Post by danakillsu »

Okay, so then it's true that Iecerint's vote was the one not counting. I thought he was lying and it actually was mine because that was the drawback for at least one option of my power. Why does it matter if I tell everyone what my abilities are? They can't help me and they might give me some credibility. Alright, so the only person we are actually able to lynch today is Iecerint, it appears. The plus side of doing so would be that we at least have a chance of ending the game. If he's not scum, though, it means town loses. If we no lynch, we can lynch anyone we want tomorrow, but D.G.B will probably be dead (since scum would want to keep me around as a "scummy" town member). Sounds like not lynching anyone might be a good idea. I'll
unvote
anyway. One misgiving I have, however, is that it says "Final Day". So if we no lynch, does that mean town loses? Thoughts?
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Grimmy »

Deadline will be postponed by a couple of whiles.

Ellibereth is a victim of the blackout, so it wouldnt be fair to go on with elli.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

You thought Elli was lying about blocking me, but he was town? Or did you think that I was "lying" about reporting that Elli had claimed to block me?

Keeping the details of your abilities secret would probably make it more difficult for scum. For example, OldBB changes his abilities at will nightly such that Lumi RBing him results in her death on some nights, but it prevents her death on other nights. If you were town, keeping a lid on it would make it more likely that you could use your powers, assuming that Lumi still has similar abilities. (We know she can still magic-duel at the very least.)

But you're actually scum, so you instead decided to claim abilities to counter my point that BB would almost certainly have been activated by now, even if the mechanism was different from the old game. Given that one of them is "teleportation" and there's evidence of a bus-drive, I bet you mapped some of your Lumi abilities onto your activated "BB" abilities.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:46 am

Post by danakillsu »

No, that's all wrong. I proved to be town long ago. If scum had fakeclaims, why didn't the other scum use them? Since it's the final day, and you can't lynch me, we have no choice. We must lynch Iecerint. If he's scum, we win, and if he's not, we lose. Either way, it's the final day. It certainly can't be a town win if noone is lynched on the final day.
vote: Iecerint
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

You have done nothing to "prove" that you're town. SP, the other scum, *did* have a fakeclaim -- he was Vulco Crow. It's just that it was exposed via the set-up of the old game when DGB posted it and Elli figured out that Rapunzel was mapped onto Clara. This time, Lumi probably got one, too (BB). Go read the Mod's postgame talk in the old game. He speculates that losing Lumi early would have disadvantaged scum disproportionately (due to the loss of the magical duel + potential Baba Yaga recruit). Assuming he looked over the game for Grimmy, he probably emphasized adding a fakeclaim for Lumi to make the game a little less swingy.

Unless one of you has some one-shot ability that would make this inexorably the final day (e.g. unless one of you is lying), there's no reason for this to be the definitive final day. Or I'm too dumb to think of a reason for it being such.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 am

Post by danakillsu »

Or I'm too dumb to think of a reason for it being such.
HOW ABOUT THE THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!
It's a moot point, actually, whether I'm scum. We HAVE to lynch Iecerint, because it's the last day. I didn't really follow the old game at all, so I didn't know about that whole thing. My argument definitely fell apart there, but I certainly don't see any particular REASON to believe me to be scum, even if I can't prove myself to actually be Boy Blue. Wasn't there a Boy Blue in the old game, though? And the real one hasn't counter-claimed.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

It can't mean that, because I know I'm not scum, and I'm the only one who can be lynched. So it must mean something else. Otherwise, a scum victory is guaranteed regardless of the outcome today, and today wouldn't be happening. For example, it could mean that Grimmy intends to declare a tie if no one dies N4 (such that D5 doesn't happen). Or it could mean that one of you has an ability that means the game is functionally over one way or the other depending upon your choices tonight. Or it could just have been a miscalculation on Grimmy's part. Who knows?

By your logic, I'm also confirmed, because Snow White was in the old game and has yet to be counter-claimed. Same with Bigby (DGB) and Clara (Elli), though Elli has extra confirmation because of the fireball flavor. If anything, Bigby and Snow White being the two main characters makes them slightly *less likely* to be fakeclaims a priori. (Yeah, mods sometimes save main characters for scum fakeclaims, but that's the exception rather than the rule.)

Reasons for you to be scum include how you approached the wagons yesterday and today, and your choice to fade into the background upon being "confirmed." All of those are most easily explained by your being scum. Your "teleportation" ability -- which you have yet to explain -- also fits with the apparent busdrive.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:45 am

Post by danakillsu »

Blech, that's all above my head. How does a teleportation ablility fit with an apparent busdrive, and what is that apparent busdrive? You do realize I just got that ability, right? I think we should trust the mod on this one and assume that this is the Final Day. That can only mean we need to lynch scum and win or not lynch scum and lose. Since Iecerint is the only one we can lynch, let's do so and see if he's scum. It's our only hope, unless this is some huge error, which I leave to Grimmy to point out.
Grimmy: Is it definitely the final day, or was that a mistake?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 am

Post by danakillsu »

Otherwise, a scum victory is guaranteed regardless of the outcome today, and today wouldn't be happening.
You know what. Your idea here is right. If we can't lynch scum today, and it makes us lose to not lynch scum, then we lose. So that means that we CAN lynch scum today. And you're the only one we can lynch. End of story. You thought of the whole fakeclaim thing because YOU were given a fakeclaim.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

You expect us to believe that Grimmy gave you an ability "to teleport someone" without telling you what teleporting someone would entail, especially given that your other abilities are so powerful?

A busdrive is an ability that affects the targets of an ability. For example, if you and I were busdriven, abilities that target you would target me, and vice-versa. Things being what they are, that's almost certainly what happened. That's consistent with the other information we have about the set-up, too. The other confirmed day abilities have all resolved at the end of the day phase (rather than rapidly). For example, my Bigby-finder and Elli's vig both resolved at the end of D1. San's daycop and dana's busdrive look to have worked the same way. He probably picked-up on her D2 breadcrumb that she would "do something with me."

Also, you are totally ignoring the sundry other explanations for "The Final Day Begins," not the least of which are the ones I listed. Beyond that, knowing all of the actions by that time, do you think it's plausible that Grimmy would basically hand us the game if he meant the title the way you seem to imply? :roll:
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 am

Post by danakillsu »

Also, you are totally ignoring the sundry other explanations for "The Final Day Begins," not the least of which are the ones I listed. Beyond that, knowing all of the actions by that time, do you think it's plausible that Grimmy would basically hand us the game if he meant the title the way you seem to imply?
I'm going to wait and see what he says.
You expect us to believe that Grimmy gave you an ability "to teleport someone" without telling you what teleporting someone would entail, especially given that your other abilities are so powerful?
He told me what it would entail. I'll describe it shortly, even though that's supposedly a "scumtell" [/eye-roll right back to you]
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:09 am

Post by danakillsu »

I think (although the wording is VERY confusing) that it means I can put someone in a different place, making them safer, but it has a possibility of leading to something bad for that person. I believe I also have the option of redirecting someone's night action to a different target, althought that target could be me.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

NB to those following along at home:

1. This is the second time today that dana has alluded to extra information related to his role after I pointed out that there was less than would be expected. Both times, he's taken a little extra time for himself to come up with (read: fabricate) the information itself.
2. Dana didn't understand that elaborating on his role unnecessarily was scummy, yet he withheld information about one of his supposed abilities. I wonder why he did that? :P
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

Meh. Well, he was relatively quick coming up with it that time. <_<

So, basically, either you are not reading your PM very well, Grimmy is bad at English, or you are basically a
busdriver
redirector (even though busdriving would appear to fit "teleportation" flavor better IMO)?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”