semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Not claiming is an even greater waste of everyone's time as people are still going to ask for it anyway, and then also get hung up on the fact that you refuse to claim, which stifles discussion as people focus on the fact you won't claim, thus creating a distraction and a waste of everyone's time, which you could prevent all of by claiming.

Thanks.

How is claiming a waste of time? It takes one post and then it is over and done with. Seems like it isn't really a waste of time at all to me when compared to the alternative.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Horrordude is more likely Lacey's scum buddy than TheChestPube by the way.

mavsfan41 is still likely town and Lacey's claims against him are gross, repeated, falsehoods.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Lacey »

semioldguy wrote:Horrordude is more likely Lacey's scum buddy than TheChestPube by the way.

mavsfan41 is still likely town and Lacey's claims against him are gross, repeated, falsehoods.
Tough for me to have a scum buddy since I am town. Mavsfan and likely you better swing once I flip.
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Lacey »

semioldguy wrote:Not claiming is an even greater waste of everyone's time as people are still going to ask for it anyway, and then also get hung up on the fact that you refuse to claim, which stifles discussion as people focus on the fact you won't claim, thus creating a distraction and a waste of everyone's time, which you could prevent all of by claiming.

Thanks.

How is claiming a waste of time? It takes one post and then it is over and done with. Seems like it isn't really a waste of time at all to me when compared to the alternative.
Note to everyone, semioldguy is searching for power roles. Does he need help with his night kill decisions?

PR's take note.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Lacey »

Secondary note: Semioldguy has only focused on me in his scum hunts, when I flip town go back and reread him, think about all of his claims as the world's best scum hunter in light of the new information.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by semioldguy »

How am I searching for Power Roles?

If you claim vanilla I will speak for your lynch as I am now which means that no players left can be eliminated as not being power roles. So this wouldn't help find any power roles.

If you claim a power role not lynching you is preferable to lynching you for the town. Period. Even if you fake claim a power role, it is better to counterclaim on the second day than it would on the first day.

If you claim scum then you should be lynched.

How is this searching for power roles? Each action only preserves them to the best possible ability. It is strictly better than a policy of refusing to claim.
Lacey wrote:Secondary note: Semioldguy has only focused on me in his scum hunts, when I flip town go back and reread him, think about all of his claims as the world's best scum hunter in light of the new information.
This is false. I am finding it difficult to believe that you actually read anyone's posts and do anything other than throw mud around in this game to see where it sticks.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I'm pretty sure now that Lacey is scum, her return posts are getting more and more scum-defensive in the sense that it seems she is scum trying to be not scummy.
If Lacey doesn't claim in the next day I'll have no issues with seeing her lynched
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@Lacey
Had you claimed, the above post by easojo682 would not have been necessary (as well as all of my posts regarding the topic).

It seems as though you've only wasted time by not claiming. You should probably get to it. Scum have a much more common habit of delaying claims or refusing to claim than town do.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Lacey wrote:And
FoS
on Horrordude, I never was willing to hammer.
:lol: Glad to know you think I'm scummy just because I take this:
Lacey wrote:It's important because if you aren't scum, you're beginning to look scummy to a lot of people.
Look you're at L-1. I'm about ready to vote for you
, and it seems mavsfan is too. That means six people think you're acting very scummy.
As you willing to hammer. You're looking scummier and scummier after every post, and your refusal to claim makes me think that you are scum.

I will give you 24 hours to claim before I hammer.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

This seems like a last resort AtE in an attempt to avoid a lynch. I think if people actually took Lacey's advice, she wouldn't be in the position she was in.

I agree with SOG in PS 255. A claim would be more pro-town than not claiming. If Lacey is a power-role, then a power-role is gone no matter what. If Lacey is a power-role and doesn't claim, we will be at lylo tomorrow. If she is a power-role and claims, we will have a better chance to avoid a lylo and re-thinking today. I think a claim is good for the town.

With the town turned on her, Lacey has gone from offensive to defensive. Actually, this isn't a defensive stance at all. It has been really weird how she has changed from the attack only a couple of pages ago to now a trapped person in the corner admitting defeat. This behavior is really shocking. She was all high and mighty when people were taking her side, now that everyone is against her except for TCP (who ran away), she has backed off into a corner. This is definitely scum behavior.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

But she had to get in one last FoS for something dumb.

FoS issued by Lacey...

1) SOG - for his infamous quote in his system that has been taken into 8 pages

2) Me - for giving points to SOG on a system I don't have for something as stupid as a grammar mistake

3) horrordude - for something really minor that wouldn't hold up as a basis to get anyone lynched
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Lacey »

Fine, VT.

But keep in mind you gain nothing from me having claimed this.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by semioldguy »

It's not always about what is gained, but what is not lost.

We also lose nothing from your claim.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

Lacey wrote:Glad to see people have no idea what V/LA stands for.

And
FoS
on Horrordude, I never was willing to hammer.

And no, I will not claim. Claims on day one serve no purpose. If I'm to be the lynch, I'm to be the lynch, a claim by me to move the lynch would serve only to help point out power roles to scum. The scum are running the lynch, so all I have to say is when I flip town, reread mavsfan. He's the one.
Didn't take you much to just abandon what you said in this post. Contradiction. Or, did you just change your mind?
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:32 am

Post by Lacey »

semioldguy wrote:It's not always about what is gained, but what is not lost.

We also lose nothing from your claim.
Of course you don't scum.

I will say, my hat is off to you. Despite being scummy from the get go, you somehow did manage to rope town in on this ploy with your scum buddy. Excellent scum play. I just hope when I flip it is the needed wake up call.

Welcome to lylo town. Good luck, you'll need it.

-Lacey
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:47 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

If it's only a VT claim, we can't really do much but

Vote: Lacey

We won't be in lylo, because you're going to flip scum. I know it.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Okay, folks. I've been away from the site since my last post. It's spring break and my youth group was doing a bunch of activities on end. Got home from school Friday and immediately packed and departed for a sleepover. Got home again on Saturday, and left after 3 hours for a birthday party, got home again and fell asleep. Church dominated Sunday morning and we went to a restaurant and game shop after that. Subsequent movie-watching munched up the rest of the day.

But I'm back! Still no replacement for TheChestPube. If you guys know anyone who might be willing, please PM them.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Jackabomb »

The "All nature seemed to be at rest, but alas, there was no rest for me." Vote Count

semioldguy- TCP;
mavsfan-Lacey;
Lacey- Steam, Semioldguy, Mavsfan, horrordude;

Not voting-easjo;
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch or no lynch.

I believe this is correct. If not tell me.

Death scene following.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Jackabomb »

...And so began your first day of the hunt. Throughout the day you quarrel and bicker, oblivious to the warning signs of the mafia or the werewolves. Jackabomb and Zorblag shout "WE ARE THE BAD PEOPLE LYNCH US!!!" You tell them, "That's nice. Hey! I think a see a mental hospital over there!"

At one point two of you get into an argument. People start making up there minds while Jackabomb bounces off of coushined walls and sings mindless songs to the air, entranced by the myraid of shifting little soap bubble floating about his head. But alas. Several people vote for lacey.
"It's not me, it's him! He's being so...hardheaded and not listening! Just look at this pathetic argument! And this one, and this one, and this one!"
Horrordude holds the trumpet in his hand, hesitant. "You know, guys, I'm so sure we lynch the chick on day 1...." Everybody replies, "Yeah, but if she's a killer, she's got to go, boobs or not."

And so, horrordude blows the trumpet, alerting a very very angry not so drunken sailor to their location. As he rambles out of the forest, you shove lacey in his general direction. "A sacrifishe?", the sailor asks, in his pain slured speach. "Yes." He drags her off into the woods. Her screams trouble your sleep that night. But the gruesome deed must still be done. Searching her sleeping bag you find a ton of makeup and a flashlight.

Lacey has been Lynched. She was a townie.

It is now night phase.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Jackabomb »

48 hours to send in your choices. No, even though it says 48
days
in the rules, you don't get that long.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Thank you, yankee for replacing TCP.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Morning dawns. As usual, easjo wakes up nice early at 0500 since she's the cook. After cooking up a standard camp breakfast of bacon, eggs, and sausage, she proceeds to wake everyone up...By grabbing thier sleeping bags and flinging them into the nearest tree. However, one sleeping bag does not make a *thunk* sound, followed by a shout. Steam's sleeping bag goes *slosh* and falls to the ground. Upon investigation, it appears whoever its human inhabitant was, the sleeping bag now only contains a deep pool of blood and a magnifying glass.

Steam-powered-shovel, The Cop, was killed.

Let there be Light!
And it was so. Day 2 began.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Morning dawns. As usual, easjo wakes up nice early at 0500 since she's the cook. After cooking up a standard camp breakfast of bacon, eggs, and sausage, she proceeds to wake everyone up...By grabbing thier sleeping bags and flinging them into the nearest tree. However, one sleeping bag does not make a *thunk* sound, followed by a shout. Steam's sleeping bag goes *slosh* and falls to the ground. Upon investigation, it appears whoever its human inhabitant was, the sleeping bag now only contains a deep pool of blood and a magnifying glass.

Steam-powered-shovel, The Cop, was killed.

Let there be Light!
And it was so. Day 2 began.

mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

Five players remain. Three of those five voted Lacey. Another (easjo) claimed to have been willing to hammer in PS256. The other person (TCP) is being replaced. This is a very bad situation. Everyone looks equally suspicious. I would like to hear horrordude's thoughts. You posted more and more as the day came to a close. You also placed the hammer vote on Lacey (which I am not holding against you in anyway because if I had not voted, I would have done the same). Four of the five people were suspicious of Lacey. So, who are you suspicious of? I feel that you have made intelligent posts throughout this game when you have posted. I feel that you haven't posted much due to feuds that had nothing to do with you and you wanted to stay out of it. I get that. Who do you view as the most likely scum candidate? Is there anyone you see as town or looks less suspicious?
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

In an unrelated note, I posted PS273 at 4:49, not 3:49. mafiascum.net hasn't been changed to the correct time. haha

Return to “Completed Open Games”