ZOMBIES! - Zombies take over for the win!!!

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

Post by iLord »

evil wrote:We need to be lynching iLord today, for somehow figuring out McGriddle was lying town when this was totally not obvious.

Vote: iLord
:roll:

Are you voting me because I correctly pegged McG and you did not? You know I could just not suck at scumhunting.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

evilsnail wrote:
Starbuck wrote:You saying and underlining, thus emphasizing, that last sentence doesn't really bode well, imho.
Indeed, underlining is totally scummy.
Way to misrepresent what I meant.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Actually he was a Deputy, he didn't even know he was a cop. I doubt that my prowess extends to guessing someone's role if they themselves are not informed of it.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Diamondilium »

The fact that he turned up deputy doesn't change the fact that you were intentionally role-fishing.

If you were so intent on helping the town by exposing KMD's role, why exactly did you back off of him during day 1? All I can see is you being pressured and then retracting your vote.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:57 pm

I was satisfied once he clearly said he wasn't a daycop and thus couldn't justify his lack of scumhunting all game despite his bizarrely strong convictions.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by ODDin »

After some thought, I reached the conclusion that while ABR's original role-fishing is indeed scummy (as I've already said D1), the NK doesn't make it scummier.
Suppose ABR-scum was rolefishing in his interaction with KMD. So, ABR knows KMD is town, but doesn't know his role. KMD then says he isn't a daycop - without saying anything that implies that he's a different role. So, if it was ABR-scum doing rolefishing, then the conclusion should've been that KMD isn't a PR. (If anything, it should've made him decide against NKing KMD)
So, the NK doesn't make ABR look more scummy to me.

I'm also not convinced by the case on iLord. If he's scum, he knew McG wasn't scum, but he didn't know he wasn't cop. And either way, I see little reason for iLord to advise McG to admit that he wasn't a cop. I don't really see how it matters to iLord either way. If anything, the longer McG claimed to be cop, the more time it gave for people to potentially counterclaim and expose themselves.

Post 848 by evilsnail is scummy. First, he horrendously twists Starbuck's words. He may not agree with the point being made, but it's quite obvious she wasn't referring to the fact that the phrase had been underlined.
Also, suddenly he says the case on tate is crap. Not only did he not say a single word against the case on D1 (although he's read the relevant part of the thread, as indicated in post 718), but he had actually agreed with the original argument about referring to the townie PM (which was actually the weakest and least logical part of the case), as can be seen in post 9 and later in post 128.
FoS: evilsnail
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by evilsnail »

iLord wrote:Are you voting me because I correctly pegged McG and you did not? You know I could just not suck at scumhunting.
Yes, I am voting you for correctly pegging McGriddle as lying town, because lying townies are rare, when lying scum is common. It's a weird conclusion to draw.
ODDin wrote:I'm also not convinced by the case on iLord. If he's scum, he knew McG wasn't scum, but he didn't know he wasn't cop. And either way, I see little reason for iLord to advise McG to admit that he wasn't a cop. I don't really see how it matters to iLord either way. If anything, the longer McG claimed to be cop, the more time it gave for people to potentially counterclaim and expose themselves.
There was good evidence that McGriddle was lying. The fact that everyone else jumped to the conclusion that he was scum, but iLord thought he was lying town is weird.
ODDin wrote:Post 848 by evilsnail is scummy. First, he horrendously twists Starbuck's words. He may not agree with the point being made, but it's quite obvious she wasn't referring to the fact that the phrase had been underlined.
I was having a little fun with it, because I didn't see how ABR emphasising his point made anything scummy. Big deal.
Starbuck wrote:Way to misrepresent what I meant.
Well, explain to me then why emphasising something is scummy. Convince me that it wasn't you creating a reason to jump on that wagon.
ODDin wrote:Also, suddenly he says the case on tate is crap. Not only did he not say a single word against the case on D1 (although he's read the relevant part of the thread, as indicated in post 718), but he had actually agreed with the original argument about referring to the townie PM (which was actually the weakest and least logical part of the case), as can be seen in post 9 and later in post 128.
FoS: evilsnail
I said the reasoning given for the wagon today is crap, not that there isn't a case to be made against tate. There are too many people jumping on the tate wagon on the basis of nothing or weak arguments, like bv310, CMAR, iLord or ani.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by iLord »

evil wrote:Yes, I am voting you for correctly pegging McGriddle as lying town, because lying townies are rare, when lying scum is common. It's a weird conclusion to draw.
How is the fact that townies lying being uncommon make it scummy for me to recognize it when it occurred?
evil wrote:There was good evidence that McGriddle was lying. The fact that everyone else jumped to the conclusion that he was scum, but iLord thought he was lying town is weird.
The first sentence here is completely irrelevant. I indicated that he had to be lying. I also notice how closely you stick to the term "weird" to describe my read. Why "weird" and not "scummy?"
evil wrote:I said the reasoning given for the wagon today is crap, not that there isn't a case to be made against tate. There are too many people jumping on the tate wagon on the basis of nothing or weak arguments, like bv310, CMAR, iLord or ani.
Why do you think I'm voting tate.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:53 pm

iLord wrote:
evil wrote:Yes, I am voting you for correctly pegging McGriddle as lying town, because lying townies are rare, when lying scum is common. It's a weird conclusion to draw.
How is the fact that townies lying being uncommon make it scummy for me to recognize it when it occurred?
I can think of at least one reason: you have a gut feeling that he's lying, but you
know
he isn't scum. I'm just putting that out there but like ODDin I don't think it's a scumtell.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Actually he was a Deputy, he didn't even know he was a cop. I doubt that my prowess extends to guessing someone's role if they themselves are not informed of it.
You don't know if he knew or not. That's WIFOM right there.

Just because the Wiki page says it, doesn't mean that the mod made it that way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

evilsnail wrote:Well, explain to me then why emphasising something is scummy. Convince me that it wasn't you creating a reason to jump on that wagon.
Wow :roll:. Way to misrepresent me AGAIN.

Where did I say that emphasizing was scummy? It would be awesome if you could point that out, rather than putting words in my mouth.

This is the original sentence in question...

ABR wrote:
The fact that he was a cop has no bearing on my question of if he was a daycop.
It was the tense and tone of this sentence and his emphasising of it that doesn't bode well. It's like he's trying to put into everyone's minds that the above is FACT. When we really don't know if it's fact or not.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by ODDin »

evilsnail wrote:I said the reasoning given for the wagon today is crap, not that there isn't a case to be made against tate. There are too many people jumping on the tate wagon on the basis of nothing or weak arguments, like bv310, CMAR, iLord or ani.
The reasons for the wagon today are the same as the reasons for the wagon on tate yesterday. Doesn't it make sense for people to begin D2 by voting for the next best suspect on D1? There weren't any new reasons made against him, it's still the same reasons from yesterday.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Starbuck wrote:Wow :roll:. Way to misrepresent me AGAIN.

Where did I say that emphasizing was scummy? It would be awesome if you could point that out, rather than putting words in my mouth.
What does it matter whether you think I'm misrepresenting you? I'm asking you to explain it to me, because I clearly don't understand your point. It's not as if I'm building a case on it.
Starbuck wrote:It was the tense and tone of this sentence and his emphasising of it that doesn't bode well. It's like he's trying to put into everyone's minds that the above is FACT. When we really don't know if it's fact or not.
Why is this significant? Suppose that ABR is trying to put it in people's minds that that line is fact. Is he more likely to do that as scum? Why? Why isn't it something a townie does when defending themselves?
ODDin wrote:The reasons for the wagon today are the same as the reasons for the wagon on tate yesterday. Doesn't it make sense for people to begin D2 by voting for the next best suspect on D1? There weren't any new reasons made against him, it's still the same reasons from yesterday.
This is maybe true of the iLord, but CMAR and bv310 weren't voting him yesterday. Ani was, but for the same weak reason. It's scummy when people slip onto a wagon like that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I would definitely feel that ABR is more likely to do it as scum. He's trying to shift focus off himself.

My whole point in this is that what he said may or may not be fact. We don't know. Therefore, it is WIFOM and ABR stating it like it is fact is scummy.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by evilsnail »

iLord wrote:How is the fact that townies lying being uncommon make it scummy for me to recognize it when it occurred?
There are two options. You are either town with an uncanny gut read or you're plain scum. The latter is far more likely.
iLord wrote:The first sentence here is completely irrelevant. I indicated that he had to be lying. I also notice how closely you stick to the term "weird" to describe my read. Why "weird" and not "scummy?"
Both are fine. It is both scummy and weird.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by ODDin »

evilsnail wrote:This is maybe true of the iLord, but CMAR and bv310 weren't voting him yesterday. Ani was, but for the same weak reason. It's scummy when people slip onto a wagon like that.
That's a completely different thing from what you've said earlier. You've said that the case on tate was crap. Now you're saying that it's scummy for people who weren't voting him yesterday to vote him today.
You may have a point there, and I myself stated that I find bv's actions in this regard to be pretty scummy (combined with other stuff). But this has nothing to do with the case on him being good or bad.
"The case on tate is crap" and "people are too eager to join the wagon on tate" are two completely different things.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Nah, I said the "reasoning given so far," referring to the fact that too many of the votes on there (bv310, CMAR and ani) were not backed up by good reasoning.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

evilsnail wrote:Nah, I said the "reasoning given so far," referring to the fact that too many of the votes on there (bv310, CMAR and ani) were not backed up by good reasoning.
I'll provide reasoning later today if I must, but it's kinda ridiculous that you are defending him after his scumminess yesterday...

Reasons you are defending Tate

Lack of reasoning provided by people voted for him

Reasons you are voting iLord

...(see above?)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by ODDin »

evilsnail wrote:Nah, I said the "reasoning given so far," referring to the fact that too many of the votes on there (bv310, CMAR and ani) were not backed up by good reasoning.
The reasoning that had been presented by that point was either no reasoning at all or reference to the case from yesterday (and one would assume, in the context, that those who didn't present a reason - CMAR and bv - also referred mostly to the case from yesterday).
When you say "the reasoning is crap", it means you think there
is
reasoning, and the only reasoning that could be there was the case from yesterday. If you thought that people were voting without reasoning, you should have said "why are you voting for tate?".

Bottom line, you can't simultaneously say "you didn't say a reason" and "your reason is crap".
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Also snail, I'm getting the aura of you subtly defending ABR.

Why so quick to jump to his aid?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 am

Post by wolframnhart »

evilsnail wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Wow. It was painfully obvious that Mcgriddle made an honest mistake.

In other news, I'm now confident iLord is scum who knew Mcgriddle was town and that the claim looked bad.
Cult tried to recruit Kmd, who said the same thing. That totally makes sense if iLord is scum.
Two things I find wrong with this sentence. One, it's an easy way for scum to start the day by trying to use a deadman's words against another player. Two, evilsnail says
if
iLord is scum, aside from iLord's comment on McGriddle at the end of Day 1 there is no other basis to this vote. Evilsnail doesn't seem totally sure that iLord
is
scum, only that KMD's words make sense
if
he is scum.

vote evilsnail
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 am

Post by evilsnail »

Wolf, I totally don't understand your point. Tell me, what should a pro-town player use there instead of an embedded conditional? An embedded conditional means only that something isn't an established fact. Should I be treating iLord's alignment as established fact? Why wouldn't I concede that there's a chance that I'm wrong?
Starbuck wrote:Also snail, I'm getting the aura of you subtly defending ABR.

Why so quick to jump to his aid?
"The aura of subtly defending ABR"? I AM defending ABR. I've said the reasoning given for his wagon is crap and I've agreed with his defense. I'm not jumping to his aid. I just think the wagon on him is bad. Why would I not say so? Why would I withhold my opinion?
ODDin wrote:The reasoning that had been presented by that point was either no reasoning at all or reference to the case from yesterday (and one would assume, in the context, that those who didn't present a reason - CMAR and bv - also referred mostly to the case from yesterday).
When you say "the reasoning is crap", it means you think there is reasoning, and the only reasoning that could be there was the case from yesterday. If you thought that people were voting without reasoning, you should have said "why are you voting for tate?".

Bottom line, you can't simultaneously say "you didn't say a reason" and "your reason is crap".
Ah, come on. Let it go already. I opened the thread, saw five votes on tate in quick succession with weak reasoning (such as ani's "
vote: tate
for not answering anything" or CMAR "antitownishness = not helpful"). So I said the reasoning given for the wagon was crap.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Alright...

I really think we need to start talking about what happened in the night for one second.

Cult actions: They tried to ether convert KMD and failed or they got someone else.

Other actions: doc tried to protect. Cop got some type of role . Vig killed KMD...
If we do have a vig he might have killed KMD instead of a cult missfire, that is the only real posibility other then the simple fact that the cult missfired and killed because of it.

I don't like tate very much at all, he is now a lurking too. I don't get the iLord case it doesn't really make any thing chage in my mind. I think iLord is town (not the most townei but still town.) Albert for me is always in the gray, can't pen town or scum. Evil snail (with respect) pisses me off a little. I say this because he wants to lynch iLord, he wants to lynch albert, and he makes cases that seem a bit to stretched for me...

I don't like tate, lurking not answering all that
good
sorry bad stuff. He is top on my scummy radar with reck and that bv dude creaping up. I would like a tate lynch today...
vote: tate
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:15 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ebwop:

@evil, is not answering a scum tell, is lurking a scum tell? because not answering is major in my book.
after a wank.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 am

Post by iLord »

evil wrote:This is maybe true of the iLord, but CMAR and bv310 weren't voting him yesterday. Ani was, but for the same weak reason. It's scummy when people slip onto a wagon like that.
There's a disconnect with your thought process here. Why was CMAR and my name on your list here:
evil, Post 856 wrote:I said the reasoning given for the wagon today is crap, not that there isn't a case to be made against tate. There are too many people jumping on the tate wagon on the basis of nothing or weak arguments, like bv310, CMAR, iLord or ani.
Additionally, what do you feel about tate not answering questions asking him about his reads on other players? Do you feel it's okay for anyone to do so with impunity?
evil wrote:There are two options. You are either town with an uncanny gut read or you're plain scum. The latter is far more likely.
We're playing a game of behavioral
analysis
. I don't have to rely on "gut reads." McG was most definitely behaviorally town and I noted as much yesterday.

Additionally, you're saying that it's more likely for me to be scum than to be right. You seriously have little basis of effectively saying that I suck at scumhunting.
evil wrote:Both are fine. It is both scummy and weird.
What differentiates in your mind from "scummy" and weird?"
evil wrote:Wolf, I totally don't understand your point. Tell me, what should a pro-town player use there instead of an embedded conditional? An embedded conditional means only that something isn't an established fact. Should I be treating iLord's alignment as established fact? Why wouldn't I concede that there's a chance that I'm wrong?
Yeah, I don't really get it either. Wolf needs to elaborate.
evil wrote:Ah, come on. Let it go already. I opened the thread, saw five votes on tate in quick succession with weak reasoning (such as ani's "vote: tate for not answering anything" or CMAR "antitownishness = not helpful"). So I said the reasoning given for the wagon was crap.
There's another disconnect in your supposed thought process here.

How is "vote: tate for not answering anything" weak reasoning? What's the difference you perceive between my reasoning and Ani's and why did you not consider my reasoning weak?

What do you think CMAR is referring to when she says "antitownishness?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”