Mini 911 - Mike's Pizzeria Mafia (Game Over)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

Meh, frankly I could see Jack as scum. I will be a little surprised if evilsnail flips Doc - that's for sure.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:13 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Still reading evilsnail's iso. If he flips scum, my top pick for scumbuddy at the moment would be Parama.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Parama »

If him flipping scum makes me scum, then we lynched wrong <_<
But at the same time I don't doubt evilsnail will flip scum. Meh.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Sorry for the delay. I'll update tonight.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

First, I'd like to say that I've been away from the site for longer than I expected. For that, I apologize. Some of my old high school friends came down to hang out without really planning it, and last night I shared a 750mL bottle of Jack with one of them over the course of maybe 2 hours. So, I've been playing video games all weekend and sleeping all day today. (Did you know that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a lot easier when you're really drunk, but don't know it yet? ;))

Parama wrote:
Question for the mod: if someone is roleblocked would it still count as a visit?

First, it would be wrong for me to assume that all claimed roles are actually in this game, so for the sake of fairness, I will answer your question from the perspective of a neutral "serial-killer" (that is to say, a non-killing "statue" player who simply exists in the game). This means that my own personal opinions are not necessarily what the moderator decided when making the game. Rather, they are my opinions if I had hypothetically created a game which includes the roles in question.

If there are both a watcher and a roleblocker in this game, I would say no, it would not still count as a visit. It seems to me that, in order for a player to be seen under watch, their action must be successful. I take roleblocking to mean that the player who was blocked basically has their house boarded up for the night. (Note: this does not mean that a roleblocked player would be night-kill immune, as their house can still be "burned down." Similar things can be done to "the house" instead of "the player" to simulate other power roles taking action on the roleblocked player. This is essentially what happens when a player is roleblocked, so it seems like a good way to think about it.)

In this case, the roleblocked player is not able to exit his house to perform an action, and therefore fails to complete that action. If I had to make a watcher role, and I'm being as ambiguous as possible here due to the circumstances, my version of the watcher role would probably not see a roleblocked player "visit" his intended target.

Jack wrote:
Hmm, who did you used to be on MS? <_<
Seriously, stop referencing "older games" on alts people. It gives you away. And now I need to know evilsnail's alt.
VitaminR. It's not an alt, he just forgot his password. This was mentioned before.
I need to know where this was mentioned before, because I don't remember seeing it in this topic. Please PM me with a link.

Well, looks like that's everything to cover at the moment. Typical mod posts forthcoming.

Edit: Big thank you to evilsnail for having the sense to stop posting, even as so much time has passed between the hammer and my topic-closing. Truly commendable.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

N3 Votecount

evilsnail (5) - Seven, Idiotking, Parama, DeathRowKitty, Jack

Not Voting (3) - Thor665, Lastsurvivor, evilsnail

"What's the meaning of this? Where's your stethoscope?"
"Well, I don't usually play dress up when I'm out for pizza. I'm usually only dressed as a doctor when I'm at work."
"Hmm, that makes sense. But what do you have to say about that tattoo on your arm that says 'Omertà'? Doesn't that mean you're a part of the mafia?"
"Uhh... it's never a good idea to jump to conclusions."
"I think that's a pretty fair conclusion."
The noose was hung.

evilsnail,
Mafia Goon
, has been lynched.

It is now Night 3. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline.
Night 3 deadline: 11:45PM U.S. Central Time, Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Lastsurvivor has still not been replaced, and it's been at least a whole in-game Day since his slot was filled. I am therefore going to take a poll of all the players who are still alive in this game, by PM. And also because I don't really know what to do.

Please
PM me
(you can click this link to make it easier) with your preference:

I am STILLLL trying to fill Lastsurvivor's spot. We have three options.
A) Continue the game with an empty slot until a replacement is found.
B) Postpone the game until a replacement is found.
C) Postpone the game for three days while the moderator attempts to find a replacement. Whether or not a replacement is found, continue the game.

Please answer with only A, B, or C... or your own suggestion. In the event of a tie, I'll flip a coin. I hope this gets sorted out soon. I'd hate to see this game die. I've really enjoyed moderating it so far.

Deadline for PM Poll: 48 hours from now. (Get them in ASAP) 10:00PM CST Friday, March 12.

I look forward to your vote. Thanks for your understanding.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

The dream was rather enjoyable at this point. Why is life so good right n-
*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE... SLAM!*
He hated that alarm clock. But that was what got him up every morning. This morning was different, though. It was the first day he was taking off work to go back to that horrible pizzeria. He grumbled as he crawled out from under the warm, comforting blankets.
At least it isn't 2PM already like it was when I used to wake up in college,
he thought. To prevent himself from making what didn't really seem like an irrational thought, that was, to begin to reason with himself that he didn't really NEED to go anywhere today, he lept into the shower as quickly as possible.

After finishing his morning routine and a quick breakfast of milk and cereal, he got his coat and keys and walked across the threshold and into the wide world outside. He never tired of just standing at his doorway, taking a few deep breaths, and just admiring all the life in the trees and animals around him, so that is what he chose to do this morning.

It wasn't long after that he was walking along his gravel driveway to his car parked outside the garage. He preferred keeping it outside this time of year, so the sun had some time to warm it up for his ride to work, - er - in this case, the pizzeria. The leather seat was warm and almost as comfortable as the blankets he had so reluctantly cast off perhaps a half hour before, and the steering wheel was warm under his hands. He put the keys in and turned the ignition.

A scraping sound - it didn't sound like an engine - came from the, well, engine.
What the hell. Start goddamnit!
He continued to turn the key. That's when the car exploded. Ah, well... at least it was a relatively painless death.

Idiotking,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.

Day 4

Votecount #23

Not Voting (6) - Thor665, Netopalis, Jack, Seven, DeathRowKitty, Parama
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline: 11:00PM U.S. Central Time, Thursday, March 25, 2010

Netopalis replaces Lastsurvivor! Yay! :D
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I HATE YOU

ALL OF YOU

WHO KILLED ME

IT WAS YOU MOD WASNT IT

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT

GO TOWN
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Hi, folks. I'll try to get caught up this weekend. I should have something up by Saturday-ish.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Parama »

Hi Neto
you have good musical taste according to Song Contest 8

Anyways...
DeathRowKitty = confirmed town? I'd say so.

Probably need to ISO evilsnail soon, look for buddy-tells.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

@DRK - since you find yourself interestingly alive at this point, could you expound on your earlier stated belief that Parama was scumbuddy with evilsnail?

I think one scum is either Parama or Jack. The other one I'm leaning towards is Neotopalis since I'm buying into Seven's reactions yesterday (also, if my gut on Seven proves to be right later I'll feel a lot better about my play this game)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'd forgotten yesterday that scum had a roleblocker...which explains why I'm still alive.

I was hoping not to have to explain my conclusion that Parama was evil's scumbuddy. :P No choice now I suppose.

Just a warning in advance though - no guarantee anything I post about it will make much sense. When I saw the day had ended and I thought I'd be NKed, I just quickly read through evilsnail's iso and saw a few instances of evilsnail seeming to approach the issue of Parama a bit too cautiously almost. (Note: cautiously isn't the right word. I was moreso interested about the frame of mind from which it seemed the statements were posted. His statements about Parama seemed very similar to my frame of mind when talking about scumbuddies.)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I was hoping for more, when I re-read evilsnail's iso I didn't spot much of worth (why they don't just work in a simple 'I'll never suspect my good buddies X and Y' I will never know). There was some gentleness towards Parama, but no more or less then what he seemed to generally do to other players. All his obvious attacks are against now dead townies.

Do you have a read on Jack? He's been very...I'll use the word 'bland' but it's not really accurate. He's been very hard to get a read on for me. He came in very anti-Parama and has stayed that way. He also seemed supportive of Shiv/SeerPenguin which in retrospect speaks well for him (at the time I was noting that as a scum tell). However he also defended evilsnail from Shiv (over the 'mildly scummy' language debate) At the time I read that as townish but in revelation of evilsnail's role it's become a bit more murky. Of the Parama or Jack scum slot I think I do believe it's more likely Parama but am at a loss to say why other then that I get a vague gut read of town off Jack for the above noted things (and really my biggest anti-Jack feel is probably fear he was pulling a double-blind trick with his town tell test at the end of yesterday.)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Parama »

Regardless of what you guys think I still haven't seen a case on me since Cuet's way back on Day 1.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Do you feel Cuet's case is meaningless now?

I still point to your flutteriness during the end of day voting on Day 2 as suspect. Also, you haven't been the most proactive or helpful of players. So far your two posts in this phase have been 'guess I need to iso evilsnail' and now a defensive post.

Who do you currently see as scum and why?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Parama »

Cuet's case is not meaningless, but considering we have had 30 pages of discussion since it's not sufficient basis for lynching me.
The end of Day 2 was called "That wagon sucked and I am ashamed to have been a part of it."
Why did I unvote? I forgot when deadline was.
I'm sorry I can't defend myself very well, but it's hard to defend yourself when nobody tells you why you're being targeted.
Anyways, I DID read ES in ISO. Jack looks like the most likely partner, to be honest.
Though his reaction test at the end of yesterday is still confusing me, and he hasn't posted since the hammer anyways.
Jack and Thor FoS me over gut reads more than anything, and DRK is FoSing me more on Evilsnail's comments than on things I've said (+gut from his early vote on me Day 1.)
It's really hard to defend against gut reads because there's no case behind them.
Jack for scum, if you must know. Call it OMGUS. Go ahead. You would.
DRK is town, obviously, Seven I am unsure of, null read at best, though leaning scum, and I've never really gotten super scummy vibes from LS/Neto... though the slot sat all of yesterday out and LS wasn't that active beforehand either. Shiv's the only one who really put a case together on LS, and while I feel he made some good points it's not enough to make me see LS as scum. Because honestly, you could make a case against anyone this late into the game and be able to point out scummy things, but the scummiest are the ones who need to be lynched.
Jack's play is frustrating even if he's scum, and nothing he says ever has any backing to it. Considering he has tunneled me for half the game and has yet to provide more than a few sentences of reason for it I don't think he's town.
I don't have a read on Thor because half the time I have no clue what he's doing.
Also:
evilsnail wrote: Parama, you (Thor), maybe Seven, maybe Jack.
makes me doubt my LS read a bit. Ugh.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Parama wrote:I'm sorry I can't defend myself very well, but it's hard to defend yourself when nobody tells you why you're being targeted.
I don't think anyone (at least not me) is accusing you of not managing to defend yourself. I don't get where you're going here. I am accusing you of spending too much time defending and not enough working with town to scumhunt.
Anyways, I DID read ES in ISO. Jack looks like the most likely partner, to be honest.
Though his reaction test at the end of yesterday is still confusing me, and he hasn't posted since the hammer anyways.
For the man complaining about how no one is posting a case on him for him to defend against I can't help but note you just did the same to Jack. What did he do that made him look like scumbuddy to evilsnail? I'm also uncertain why I needed to prod you to get you to post this accusation - where you waiting for something? If so, what?
I don't have a read on Thor because half the time I have no clue what he's doing.
:? I am here on a regular basis - you can always ask. I can't claim I've played brilliantly but I do feel I've been reasonably transparent in my (questionable) thought process.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Jack »

I have thor and DRK in my "gut feel very scummy, but rational reasons to say they are town" pile. Haven't seen anything suspicious from LS which leaves parama and seven.

I think seven's thing yesterday where you was doing ISO's based on his list from days earlier and suddenly including evilsnail in his suspects and making a case on him deserves closer inspection.

I would say that parama's reaction to my hammer post was the scummiest but I'm going to ignore it because I found DRK's first post scummy too, and his "oh I forgot the mafia had a roleblocker that's why I'm still alive" comment. But cop and bodyguard as the sole roles seems weird.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm forced to clear DRK as well simply because I can think of no reason he'd bother to want to bus evilsnail. It's not like we were really onto evilsnail and it was looking like Parama was going to be lynched. So unless you're predicting Parama/evilsnail/DRK I think the cat has to be off the table.
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Seven »

Jack I thought you liked gut reads?
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

Thoughts through page 20:
Thor is a strong town read, in my opinion. I find myself agreeing with him more than I disagree with him.
Jack replaced Panzerjager, who did two things in quick succession - followed evilsnail's DRK suspicion and pushed for Dana's lynch for what were originally very weak reasons, probably knowing that Dana would be an easy lynch that day.
Seven - Homer voted for seven, but didn't seriously push the case. Also claimed vanilla. Could be scum.
DRK - Is pretty clearly town, since both Homer and Evilsnail tried to push the town into a DRK vs. SeerPenguin lynch dichotomy. It's often a good scum tactic to try to push the town to lynch one of two choices, both of which are town.
Parama - I really don't like his stuff regarding Flareonage - it looks like he was trying to build up an easy case on a weak player which backfired when Flareonage replaced out. He got lucky that Dana replaced in and happily continued his previous plan.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Netopalis »

EBWODP: Current thoughts are that Jack and Parama are the remaining scum.

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, evilsnail's interactions with Parama:

Mentioned Parama 33 times in 14 different posts
ES wrote:- I can see DRK's Parama thing. I remember Parama's early speculation of a Seven-SeerPenguin scum team seemed scummy to me when reading it. There was just not enough there to be drawing those kinds of conclusions this early. So I sorta got the same gut feeling. However, there's not a whole lot of substance here to point to.
This was from evilsnail's first post. Seems like the kind of thing you'd say to stay off a buddy's wagon. Mostly null, but considering it was his first post after replacing in and that's all he said about Parama in the post, it comes off slightly as distancing.

Not much can be drawn, if anything at all, from his next several mentions of Parama. The next one of interest is the following:
ES wrote:I'm not sure I see the scum motive in Parama's deadline behaviour. I thought for a moment that Parama and Shiv were scum together when he unvoted. From that perspective, Parama's behaviour makes sense. But now I don't really the scum motive. I'm more suspicious of Parama's Shiv vote, in hindsight.
"Oh, well I was suspicious of Parama conditional on Shiv being scum. But he's not! Parama must be town! *obligatory comment about having some suspicion of my buddy in lylo*" Again, minor point, but worth noting.
ES wrote:There are some points here that I didn't think about. I'm leaning towards lynching today now. There's a reasonable consensus that Parama is the right lynch today anyway. It's not like this is likely to change by tomorrow.

I agree with IK that the danger of quicklynching isn't very big, but caution never hurts.
This is probably the biggest thing in ES's iso against Parama. There's something very off about this post, beyond the obvious sudden change of opinion for little reason. The way it's worded is very off in some odd way. Not sure I can explain it; it's more of a gut thing than anything else. It just seems too forced, as if he realized he might have to bus his buddy and wanted to get in on it before it was too late (note: Based on this post, I find it reasonable to assume that at least one of Parama or LS (who wouldn't be around to help quickhammer if Parama was town) is scum.). This point is reinforced by the next post:
ES wrote:Parama, there are basically four people willing to vote you at this point. I don't see any other lynch candidate coming close. And there is content behind it. You've basically admitted you think your behaviour on the Shiv wagon was not good play. I don't see how you can now pretend there's no case against you at all.
Sounds slightly apologetic, as if evilsnail feels bad about his stated position on Parama. Also interesting that he suddenly gives some sort of mild reasoning after pretty much just agreeing with others about Parama in earlier posts instead of giving his own reasons. Also interesting how he stays off the Parama wagon, despite his stated position.

Notice how he suddenly starts throwing Parama's name out more during lylo. Trying to distance before getting lynched?

Hmm....that sounded even weaker typed out. Meh. I'll try to do this for every living player to see if I come up with something more concrete.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Netopalis wrote:EBWODP: Current thoughts are that Jack and Parama are the remaining scum.
Is this your stance currently as in - at this point in time.
Or is it currently as in - now that I've read up through page 20.

Though I could see Jack as scum or Parama as scum I really don't see the logic of the two of them together. I think Jack has been way too aggressive towards Parama for it to be simple bussing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”