bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by bv310 »

Given that we've already had both a Nurse and a Miller show up, those two roles really are not mutually exclusive. I'd be even more surprised if neither was and both were fakeclaiming.

It's Raining Men
easjo682-2- AlmasterGM, llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco-1- bv310
Peabody-1- easjo682
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

@Raskol and Llama:

Why is it so unlikely that there would be both a Tracker AND a Watcher? There is no cop. I think that the game is balanced this way. At this current moment, I believe easo's claim.

I know that I said I would post a case on Raskol, but I don't think it would be very accurate. It would involve me taking a presupposition and supporting it with evidence.

I really like Herod's post. It seems honest and there is great effort in scum hunting.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Raskol »

I don't think it's impossible---if there were any two investigative roles I'd expect to see together in a game it would be a tracker and a watcher.

However, putting
any
two investigative roles together just isn't that common in my experience, especially if there are any other power roles at all. It's unusual, that's all.

I have to admit, my previous suspicion of that player slot may be coloring my view on this; I don't know. That, coupled with the spotty nature of the claim, is probably a stronger source of suspicion than the fact that there is already a tracker claim---in my experience people that claim but don't provide full info are usually liars---and I've lost a game by not pushing my instinct on this point so it's a touchy subject for me.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by bv310 »

I've found the exact opposite, to a point. Usually, if someone has a multi-faceted PR, they'll only reveal a watered-down version. Or they'll flat-out make up a new role (I've done that when there was anger towards my actual role) I usually only play theme games though, so multi-facet PRs are more common there.

In this game, I think the lack of explanation was just him trying to be simple.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Raskol »

I just realized that Day 3 has been going on for a month now.

:shock:
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I did an ISO reread of Peabody, and his tracking diamond is consistent with his post 174. For some reason, I didn't remember him saying much about diamond after unvoting him. I still feel a little wary about his word choice as I mentioned before, but I don't want to lynch him today.

Oh, hey. Almaster hasn't claimed, unless I missed it.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

You are correct, I have not claimed.

Anyway, I thought Lastsurvivor was scum before, and now he comes in with this fakeclaim Watcher crap. I'm like 90% sure he's still scum.

Let's lynch this n00b.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Peabody »

Herod, I understand your suspicion arising from my word choice earlier. Allow me to explain a little bit more.

Although I tracked Diamond, I was still suspicious of Raskol, but I didn't have any proof. It was more based on a gut feeling. I tracked diamond because of his exchange with Llama looked a little iffy. I hope that makes sense.

Almaster: I know I'm asking the obvious question here, but it needs to be asked... Why aren't you claiming? And why are you 90% sure the watcher claim is false?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Peabody »

wait.. I'm voting??

unvote
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Herodotus »

Peabody wrote:wait.. I'm voting??

unvote
No, you're being voted. The vote count is completely inaccurate.

I think it should be:
easjo682-2- AlmasterGM, llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco-1- bv310
Peabody-1- easjo682

but I might have missed some voting/unvoting.

That's a lot of spread out votes, if there are in fact three scum.

I'd like to hear from bv, easjo, and llama about Almaster post 481. Soon -- we don't have forever. Also, easjo, have you caught up?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I'd like to hear from bv, easjo, and llama about Almaster post 481.

well as you can probably guess I don't like the idea of being lynched, I'd be more alright with it if we weren't in lylo.
yes I have caught up.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by bv310 »

AlmasterGM wrote:You are correct, I have not claimed.

Anyway, I thought Lastsurvivor was scum before, and now he comes in with this fakeclaim Watcher crap. I'm like 90% sure he's still scum.

Let's lynch this n00b.
I don't like this post. Basically everyone else has claimed already, and you don't even give a reason why you won't? Not to mention the scummy factor of "let's get a newblynch" instead of let's lynch this scum. Do you have any way of knowing that there is DEFINITELY no Watcher?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm VT. I have absolutely no way of knowing there is no Watcher. The claim just smells like BS to me. I didn't claim because nobody actually asked me to, you were just like "hay Almaster hasn't claimed."

Well now you know.

Anyway, do you have any reason as to why we SHOULDN'T lynch Lastsurvivor?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Herodotus »

AlmasterGM wrote:I'm VT. I have absolutely no way of knowing there is no Watcher. The claim just smells like BS to me. I didn't claim because nobody actually asked me to, you were just like "hay Almaster hasn't claimed."

Well now you know.

Anyway, do you have any reason as to why we SHOULDN'T lynch Lastsurvivor?
I was hoping you were a doctor. Then we might have been able to find a way to coordinate Peabody and easjo so that their actions would either confirm them or out one of them as scum. Unfortunately, that isn't possible when the scum can just use their NK to destroy evidence.

I want to see if easjo has more to say.
I don't buy that lastsurvivor was a watcher and only used his ability on one night. He was active before and after both night 1 and 2.
Please explain your thoughts on Peabody and Raskol.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Mod: can we have prods for llama and AK?
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

prods? I was gone for all of two days. Anyway, until he claimed, I was almost certain alamanatee was watcher/doctor. I'm still thinking that at the moment, to be honest. My thoughts on the post in specific are these: Either he is doctor/watcher or he somehow knows one of those roles or ease's role. Or he is scum, but I don't think that at the moment.

@Ease: Well, someone's claim is bs (town is already OP'd if all pr claims are to be believed) and yours is most likely. Your predecessors were scummy, and I happen to agree with Raskol's assessment of your claim. I thought for quite a while about why he was wrong, and I came to the conclusion that he wasn't. There is a different between 'watered down' claiming and not giving basic information. Who you watched and when should be said in your claiming post, and there is no excuse for not saying it.

mod: prods on AK?
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I really don't know what I can say at this stage that'll have you guys believe me
There is a different between 'watered down' claiming and not giving basic information. Who you watched and when should be said in your claiming post, and there is no excuse for not saying it.
and well sorry about this, this is the first game I've been in where I've had to claim, I thought merely posting my PR would be enough.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

It's lylo. What reason could their possibly be for withholding information?
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Even more than that, what reason could there possibly be for withholding who you watched and when, ever? What's the point of the watcher if we don't get their reports? I might understand holding it back if you got a guilty report, just to see who would cc whom, but it makes no sense with no visits.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Herodotus »

prods? I was gone for all of two days.
I guess I was just impatient. It's AK who really needs to get in here.

Before I started playing, I had a pretty good scumread on the easjo playerslot. Now I'm wondering if there's a connection between llamaeat and Almaster, and I'm worried that easjo could be a townie (maybe I'm just poisoned by the WIFOM from his claim.) I'd probably stick with my earlier read on him if it was one hour to deadline, but I'm wishing easjo, AK, and Peabody were discussing more right now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

For the third time, if easjo682 was town, the lurking scum would be allllllll over this wagon. They are not. They are trying to let the townies talk so we can get rid of our own wagon. This cannot be allowed to happen.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Peabody »

AlmasterGM wrote:For the third time, if easjo682 was town, the lurking scum would be allllllll over this wagon. They are not. They are trying to let the townies talk so we can get rid of our own wagon. This cannot be allowed to happen.
At this point, I'm wondering about llama. It seems he is eager at this opportunity to to lynch a claimed watcher. I still have no qualms about there being both a watcher and a tracker. In fact, I find it odd that llama ruled out the possiblity that there COULD be both so quickly. I'm not liking it.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

chevre replaces AK47x2.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by easjo682 »

It's lylo. What reason could their possibly be for withholding information?

I didn't see it as with holding information, I saw it as stating what my role is.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Herodotus »

AlmasterGM wrote:For the third time, if easjo682 was town, the lurking scum would be allllllll over this wagon. They are not. They are trying to let the townies talk so we can get rid of our own wagon. This cannot be allowed to happen.
That isn't very convincing to anyone who isn't certain that you and llamaeat are both town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”