SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: Sure, but either way he's lying to us about his actions and claiming that he's trying to help us by telling us the truth of his actions. There's no pro-Town motivation to do that. Whatsoever.
I'm telling the truth about my actions, insanities and noises heard. The pro-town motivation was for filling EK's chart.
Plum wrote: I'm putting my money on Sly being Cult because of one or two of his interactions with Nico &c., but it's quite possible he's a Murderer.
I'm putting my money on scum being on my wagon hard. Before my insanity reveals, you had made 3 entire posts in the game. Since seeing my fresh blood in the water, you have returned like the lurking shark you are. Most of that stack of my money would be on you flipping scum since you were the first voting me for basically nothing and have returned with a vengeance to make sure and help finish me off.
Plum wrote: Thing is, if he thought about becoming a Murderer Night 0 and took Taboo Launder or whatever, and now he says he reformed and is going the Townie way all the way,
why is he insisting he took Compulsion that Night?
. As Town he wouldn't, so his story simply isn't true. This is a case where Lynch All Liars is beyond perfectly applicable.
Thing is, I stalked Amished on N0 and took compulsion and had full intentions of becoming murderer. Just because you find that unlikely for me to do, doesn't mean you are right. The events of D1 firmly changed my mind about being murderer and that is why I picked up Occult Books on N1 instead of following through with the murder.

The other thing is, now there are murderers out there and you, and others, are busy wasting time on me while they, and scum, are jumping on my easy wagon because a few people are finding it hard to understand the reasoning of person who has already been pointed out as being an off the wall thinker.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Let's review what I was talking about during the early phase of this game and see if it matches my insanity reveals and my reasoning for timing...

------------------

1. I state my belief that claims are pro-town and a way to lead to town victory (Adel was vehement against any type of claims, I highly disagreed about that. My reveals were to help with EK's chart.)
SlySly wrote:
Adel wrote:I'm not claiming day 2.
Noise, action and insanity claims in the first game led to an overwhelming town victory. What better alternative do you suggest? A hardline stance against claims providing a tracking system for the town seems a little anti-town to me.
-----------------

2. I bring up checking people with Occult Books several times very early in the game (After the Ani debacle got into full swing, I knew I was going to take Occult Books on N1 and if I survived that long to commune someone on N2.) I was hoping someone may have picked some OBs on N0 and could validate ani's claim. It came to a point where it didn't matter after the vote test.
SlySly wrote: If he is covering up a future insanity, that could be validated if someone has Occult Books and used them on Ani.
SlySly wrote:
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:If he is covering up a future insanity, that could be validated if someone has Occult Books and used them on Ani.
On Night 0?
No, N1. If the OB user has 0 insanity, as should be the case right now, and Ani is lying, the results would be negative as Ani would have 0 insanity as well.
The rules, Commune description wrote: Effect: You learn whether your target has (strictly) more
Insanities
than you.
SlySly wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:I'm not quite sure where you get the certainty to make such bold statements. How do we
know
that Ani isn't cult fake-claiming an insanity so that he can kill in the ritual tonight? How are you so sure that Ani is telling the truth about his insanity this time, as opposed to another lie? I am far from convinced that Ani is "obvInvestigator" as you say.
He can be checked with Occult Books. If he has no insanity, he is lying scum. If he does, he is either idiot town or stalker town. Town = worse lynch than scum. Pushing for town instead of scum hunting = proScum. I think he has an insanity NOW and was just trying to explain it off. I am more than willing to believe he stalked.
SlySly wrote: If it is because he is scum and trying to cover up a future insanity, which I find highly unlikely, that can be checked with Occult Books.
Even Chaco chimes in that I am thinking correctly about my understanding of OB usage.
Chaco wrote:Yeah, Sly and Semi have the right idea on using the occult books.
And iLord acknowledges his misunderstanding of OB usage.
iLord wrote:
SlySly wrote:No, N1. If the OB user has 0 insanity, as should be the case right now, and Ani is lying, the results would be negative as Ani would have 0 insanity as well
Ah okay, I thought Commune happened after Insanity gained from Ritual.
-----------------

3. Being the first person to believe ani had stalked after his admitting his laundering lie (takes a stalker to know and believe one). I was about the only person willing to believe Ani's story, even after the insanity validation check was done via vote test on him. Also, I point out that not all stalkers have to become murderers.
SlySly, condensing the Adel fight about Ani being a stalker to this, wrote: I explained it plenty well. And, I was right. Once he revealed he had stalked, obviousness struck that he was obvTown trying to cover his insanity with a bogus Launder claim. It was pretty clear before that that he wasn't cult, you just weren't willing to accept it openly.
SlySly wrote:
iLord wrote:Wait, what could've scumAni done to gain an insanity? Stalk?
The rules, Stalk description wrote: Prerequisites: You must be an
Investigator
or a
Murderer
SlySly wrote: As I stated before, I would rather lynch scum than a later potential murderer. Ani is not a murderer yet and may not become one. Ani voters, start scum hunting.
------------------

4. I clearly state my hating game breakers and opposition to ell's plan
SlySly wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Sly, tell me what's wrong with my plan from your Point of view.
It is still a variant of a game breaker.
SlySly wrote: I am not participating in Ell's plan.
------------------

5. I call ell naive for expect stalkers to claim after the trouble ani and ell brought upon themselves doing so at that point in the game.
SlySly wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I think anyone who stalked N0 and want to still win the game should claim.
I think counting on such is somewhat naive.
-------------------

Here is my one lie where I was trying to avoid the unneeded early heat that ani and ell brought on themselves. If I get lynched for this one lie, it is not a total loss as the town will at least know that Magua had 1 or less insanities last night and that my claimed insanity count is true. But keep in mind, there are others that didn't come forward as N0 stalkers either, and they are now murders, unlike me. They are probably among those on my wagon now or the source of the noise I heard last night and planning to murder me tonight anyway.
SlySly wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: I also want to say that I really dislike Sly's discussion of "vigs" throughout the thread. Nobody should be taking insanities and taking the path of MURDERERS in an effort to "vig" for the town. If you want someone dead that bad, let's lynch them.
You know no one ever agrees with my lynch targets!!! EVER!!!

Rest easy, I did not Stalk on N0 and have no intention of doing so on N1.
----------------

Do those that have played with me before actually believe that I would plant things this far ahead only to reveal them and put myself under fire when being under no pressure at all?

If you believe that, why didn't I point all of these things out immediately when the crosshairs got locked on me?

Occum's Razor.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I don't have any insanities.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:28 am

Post by iLord »

VF wrote:I want to have one probable scum combined with one nonscum for our bodies. The reason for this is that in the case of say, star, he's got 3 insanities. He's quite likely going to have nothing on him. Therefore, we should not have a robber assigned to rob both him and say CSL (or SlySly). Too easy to duck out and commit a murder/cult action and not be able to check it. Unless I'm missing something, I'm recommending changing the combinations.
It doesn't really matter if we're double robbing since whichever two people are robbing the scum can both risk not robbing, no matter the order. So really, there's no real difference between a player who's robbing two scum and robbing one scum. Don't forget that scum might very well have rez kits, as well. The only way to absolutely discourage scum is to make them rob two townies, which I have done with Elli and DGB.

I'll modify it to, so that a maybemurderer alternates with the maybecultists. This way, if both tried to duck out, then start/Sly's body would be unrobbed and we would've caught two scum:

Semi robs CSL + Iec
Elli robs Iec + Katy.
DGB robs Katy + Phate.
Dramonic robs Phate + Start
kunkstar robs Start + Sly
Magua robs Sly + CSL
SlySly wrote:Do those that have played with me before actually believe that I would plant things this far ahead only to reveal them and put myself under fire when being under no pressure at all?

If you believe that, why didn't I point all of these things out immediately when the crosshairs got locked on me?

Occum's Razor.
I can't speak for playing with you, but your primary argument for yourself is that no scum in their right mind would do what you've done. That in its very definition is WIFOM and makes a fine reason why you revealed yourself - you felt that the town would believe that you're town simply from the unlikeliness of the situation.

Just a question, if he chose not to lynch you and for you to grave rob two people, would you do so?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I can rob two graves? Aren't I better rezzing someone?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 am

Post by iLord »

DGB wrote:I can rob two graves? Aren't I better rezzing someone?
That's really up to the town to collectively decide, but if it was up to me, you're supposed to rob two graves.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but why are we doubling up on the graves? It seems like that makes it easier for people to not rob a grave without us knowing, especially if they're cult.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:09 am

Post by iLord »

E_K wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but why are we doubling up on the graves? It seems like that makes it easier for people to not rob a grave without us knowing, especially if they're cult.
Eh, that's arguable actually, since we seem to have quite a few scum in the dead bodies.

With doubling up, we have a chance of stopping up to 6 people. Without doubling, we almost guarantee stopping 3 people.

After thinking about it, I actually prefer the guarantee of single robbing. If we choose that, my choice would be:

Elli robs Iec + Katy
DGB robs Phate + Start
Dramonic robs Sly + CSL
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

[mrow]Player[col]N0[col]N1[col]N2[col]Explanation/Notes[col]Insanities Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Rezzed by Plum [col]Laundered[col]VP failed ward/Ani stalked but did not kill/kunkstar(drench) stalk-murder failed[col]1 - due to rez (twitchy) Magua(Amished)[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Noise:No [col]?[col]?[col]?
CSL(Col.Cathart)
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Murdered/rezzed [col]-lynched-[col]Elli stalked-murdered/failed[col]2 (expected cult) dramonic[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by chaco)[col] Noise:No [col]Noise: No[col]?[col]? DGB[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by elvis)[col]Noise:yes/Rezzed elvis [col]Noise:Yes (fetish) /Rezzed elvis[col]?[col]1 from fetish Ellibereth[col]Stalked CSL[col] Murdered CSL [col]Search Forensics kit[col]?[col]Atleast 2
Iecerint
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col](not yet flipped)[col]0 iLord[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Rezzed Phate [col]Noise:Yes[col]?[col]0
Phate
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Cult target/Rezzed [col]Cult Kill[col]? [col]1 (presumably due to being rezzed)
Sajin
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col]Flipped Investigator[col]0 Plum/Sarag [col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col]Rezzed Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes(fetish)[col]Has like 2 posts[col] 1 from fetish
Katy/Seacore
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Murdered [col] - [col]?[col] 0 vikingfan[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:no[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col](Commune?)[col]1 - Aversion (elvis) Animorperv[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col]Robbed grav/Searched Forensics kit [col]No actions due to too many II's[col] ?[col]3 kunkstar/Drench[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Murdered Adel/Hayker [col]Occult books[col]Claims Drench went murderer but kunk went back to investigator[col]2 taboo launder, twitchy Evilsnail[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]?[col]0 rewq/faraday[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col] Forensic kit [col]Checked ANi (not bloody)[col]?[col]0
Nico
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Lynched D1 [col] -[col]Dead cult yay![col]0 Semioldguy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:Yes [col]Noise:Yes[col]?[col]0 SLy[col](Noise:No Ward:No) Stalk AMished/Magua [col]Noise:Yes[col]Noise:Yes Commune Magua[col]Stalked Amished, then thought better of it, wants to go legit?[col]2 - Compulsion, Hallucination
Startransmission
[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]Murdered[col]?[col] 3 VP[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Adel) Warded by Wicked [col]Noise:Yes[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col]Ward on Adel failed N1 due to wicked warding him[col]0 Chaco[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Dram)[col]Stalk Startransmission[col]Murdered startransmission[col]?[col] 2 elvis[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes (DGB)[col]Noise:yes Searched:Rez Kit[col]Noise:Yes(Fetish) Rezzed(somebody that wasn't targetted)[col]?[col]1 - taboo launder wicked[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(VP)[col]Noise:No[col]Noise:No[col]?[col]0
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Hayker »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but why are we doubling up on the graves? It seems like that makes it easier for people to not rob a grave without us knowing, especially if they're cult.
If we double rob, and someone doesn't rob, then the other person who robbed gets equipment, thus revealing that someone didn't rob.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:16 am

Post by iLord »

Magua, Dramonic, and Elli are the only ones left to claim insanities?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hayker wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but why are we doubling up on the graves? It seems like that makes it easier for people to not rob a grave without us knowing, especially if they're cult.
If we double rob, and someone doesn't rob, then the other person who robbed gets equipment, thus revealing that someone didn't rob.
So if two people rob one grave, nobody gets equipment?

What if the person didn't have equipment anyway? We can't us that as a check. For instance, Startransmission prob doesn't have equipment. In order for him to get 3 insanities, he was doing evil things instead of searching.
Talk nerdy to me.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Plum »

I'll be V/LA this weekend.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hey I want to post my scum/town list. Is that okay? I normally do that in every game but is there any reason why the mechanics in this game prohibit it?
Talk nerdy to me.

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:47 am

Post by vikingfan »

Go right ahead, elvis.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:48 am

Post by iLord »

E_K wrote:So if two people rob one grave, nobody gets equipment?

What if the person didn't have equipment anyway? We can't us that as a check. For instance, Startransmission prob doesn't have equipment. In order for him to get 3 insanities, he was doing evil things instead of searching.
Good point about start - I tried to make it so that it was one possible murderer and one possible cultist on him so neither would want to break it for fear of the other would and then both of them would be outed, but there's too many variables at play here to make it worth the extra 3 blocks.

You can go ahead and post your town/scum list - we need to pick our top 3 suspects after SlySly to grave rob anyway.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Town:
ilord
vikingfan
evilsnail
rewq
VP
Chaco (watch out Rambo)
elvis
wicked
Ani (see below)

Netherworld:
Hayker(Adel)
Magua(amished)
Plum
SoG

People claiming reformed murderers (distrust):
Elli
Ani
(despite him being reformed murder and my general distrust of this category, I think Ani has to be town. Confirmed insanity D1 makes him not cult. Loss of action last night makes it pretty hard for him to be a murderer)
Sly
Kunkstar/Drench

Almost definitely scum:
Dram
DGB

My thinking is that most of the people claiming 0 insanities seem town to me anyway, so I am fairly confident they are town. As the game goes on, spot-checks using occult books would be good to verify that these people aren't lying. And as always, use regular scum hunting to see if people seem scummy. For instance, ilord and evilsnail are prob town to me due to interactions with Nico.

SoG said something about it being possible for cultists to have 0 insanities. I think that is possible, if the cult has designated only certain people to do ritual, and certain people are only crafting/sending fetishes/rezzing. So we should keep this in mind. However, if we pick off the cultists doing the ritual, the others are forced to participate and start gaining insanities.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm thinking that Dram and DGB are likely murderers. I mean, they could be cult too, but I haven't seen a lot of connections between them and other players, no real cooperation or anything. And they seem to be trying to fly under the radar.

I think that Elli may be a murderer. Possibly cult, but I think probably murderer/investigator.

I think SoG might be a murderer. He doesn't seem to be playing cooperatively with others. However, his 0 insanity claim is verifiable. If he has any insanities, he will need death. If he doesn't, he could always be cult, but I would feel better about him.

I think that Kunkstar/Drench is cult. And I think the way that Hayker/Adel, Plum, Magua, are backing them up suggests they might all be cult. I also think Sly is cult, and I think the way elli and plum are calling sly town is suspect. This little group of incestuous claims/irrational support of each other represents the people I most suspect to be cult.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The people I'd like to see graverob are Dram and DGB for sure, and one of Elli or Sog.
Talk nerdy to me.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:30 am

Post by iLord »

Plum thinks SlySly is scum, I believe. Elli's saying SlySly's town because he's a similar position - calling him scum would mean in essence calling himself scum, so he's
forced
to say he thinks SlySly's town.

Otherwise, you're cool with Dram/DGB/Elli robbing, right?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:34 am

Post by dramonic »

I've a single insanity, aversion to Magua.

proof:

Vote: Magua

Insanity Infraction
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:34 am

Post by dramonic »

to prove the insanity is not twitchy:

Unvote
Vote: SlySly
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:41 am

Post by iLord »

Hey, Dramonic, if you're chosen to rob two graves, you will oblige, correct?

How'd you get your insanity?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 am

Post by dramonic »

Commune, got a town result. Should I claim on who?
(hint, it's not on Sly)

Also, I'll oblige if graverobbing is required of me, although I still think it'd be more efficient to dual rob, at least on the people we think are town.
I'm a hoot
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 am

Post by iLord »

Dramonic wrote:Commune, got a town result. Should I claim on who?
Eh, for the benefit of anyone else Communing tonight, I'm inclined to say yes.
Dramonic wrote:Also, I'll oblige if graverobbing is required of me, although I still think it'd be more efficient to dual rob, at least on the people we think are town.
That's actually a better idea. Once more with feeling:

Elli robs Iec + Katy
semi robs Katy + Phate
DGB robs Phate + Start
Dramonic robs Sly + CSL

With Katy and Phate assumed to have a decent chance of having equipment.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”