Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Hayker »

Also, jsut thought I'd point this out. Murderers are as dangerous, if not more, as the cult. However, they are signifigantly less dangerous as long as 2 of them exist. I kinda understand people worrying more about cult, but we cannot ignore murders for anymore then today, if even. Drench/kunk, you are in my scum books.

Elvis, explain to us why you decided that Taboo:Launder was the best insanity to take at the time?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 am

Post by vikingfan »

I have one insanity: avolition elvis_knits and I'll prove it by
unvote vote elvis
. I've picked up both a rez kit and occult books and so far have one innocent. Should I reveal said innocent?

Insanity Infraction
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Magua
- Magua doesn't seem to have mentioned Nicodemus at all after skimming him in iso, which seems very odd. Nicodemus doesn't mention Magua either apart from giving a Neutral/Town read on him. I don't know what this indicates, and I'm having trouble getting a good read.
Neutral

Sarag
- Sarag never mentioned Nicodemus and Nicodemus only mentioned Sarag when giving her a neutral read.
Neutral

Faraday
- Faraday never mentioned Nicodemus and Nicodemus only mentioned Faraday when giving him a neutral read.
Neutral
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I took taboo launder because I thought I remember Magua (or somebody) saying that it becomes more important to be able to verify insanities later. So to save the more verifiable insanities for later. Then today I saw him say something like "nobody should be taking taboo launder." Oh well!

Also, I was afraid of being forgetful of something like twitchy and DQing like Ani did yesterday.

My general thinking was that if people really suspect me so much of being scum, then having a verifiable insanity isn't really going to save me. So I would rather pick one that I didn't think would make me DQ or handicap me in any way.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, for the record, I am not bloody. I figured if I get bloody I should have to explain it anyway. So the fact I can't launder... who cares. I don't think I would want to waste a night's actions laundering anyway.

Sort of surprised Hayker laundered last night instead of doing something helpful for the town.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Hayker »

I think laundering was very helpful to the town actually. It is my wish to avoid Chaos. All it takes is one person to avoid chaos, and I will gladly be that person if I have to. Sure, short term it may not be helpful, but long term...well I can't see myself getting killed again for awhile anyways.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I just looked up Chaos -- "If every living player is Bloody at any time, all Investigators gain the Psychopathy insanity, and the Day phase no longer occurs. For this state to be triggered, there must be at least three more Investigators than Cultists remaining."

I didn't even think of this when I took my insanity. Chaos doesn't seem like something we need to be that worried about, TBH. Atleast not until we get closer to endgame.

But I guess you have a point.
Talk nerdy to me.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

It may be much to ask, but I did hear noise, and only gained my 1 Insanity, so may I be warded?

Oh, and I'm not Bloody.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 am

Post by vikingfan »

animorpherv1 wrote:It may be much to ask, but I did hear noise, and only gained my 1 Insanity, so may I be warded?

Oh, and I'm not Bloody.
WHAT? what have you been DOING if not graverobbing? you should have several insanities by now.

And asking to be warded does you no good if you've already heard noise last night...you should be asking to be rezzed. Sheesh...sometimes I think you forget how this game works. And there are some other ways you can hear noise anyway besides stalking/fetishes.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, never mind. for some reason I thought you'd been graverobbing a lot more. but you still should have 2 insanities due to last night. the point still stands on the rezzing.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Chaco »

@Percy: What happens if you have Taboo: Launder and fail to submit an action?

Just wondering. Rereading the day soon.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I have 3. And I thought warding stops murdering. Apparently not.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Chaco »

Nope, only res'ing.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 am

Post by rewq455 »

Hayker wrote:
SlySly wrote:I did hear noise N1 and N2.

---------------
Hayker wrote: I laundered because I was bloody.
What pro-town action left you bloody, scum?
I was almost killed, that's what.
Why would you launder? the only person who would launder is a scum member because a townie is not being hunted.
Vote Hayker
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 am

Post by rewq455 »

EBWOP
Also a murderer would want to launder to hide a murder.
I have 0 insanities

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 am

Post by semioldguy »

Being bloody isn't generally beneficial. It's bad to be bloody.

Now that he has laundered he has to explain why he is bloody if it happens again. He also has more options open to him for actions the following night.

Laundering when the town knows you are bloody is a pro-town move. If you stay bloody it lets you hide actions that might also make you bloody.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 am

Post by rewq455 »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Magua
- Magua doesn't seem to have mentioned Nicodemus at all after skimming him in iso, which seems very odd. Nicodemus doesn't mention Magua either apart from giving a Neutral/Town read on him. I don't know what this indicates, and I'm having trouble getting a good read.
Neutral

Sarag
- Sarag never mentioned Nicodemus and Nicodemus only mentioned Sarag when giving her a neutral read.
Neutral

Faraday
- Faraday never mentioned Nicodemus and Nicodemus only mentioned Faraday when giving him a neutral read.
Neutral
I don't think that it matters what Nico posted, because he has posted stuff on most people and we can't all be scum.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am

Post by rewq455 »

semioldguy wrote:Being bloody isn't generally beneficial. It's bad to be bloody.

Now that he has laundered he has to explain why he is bloody if it happens again. He also has more options open to him for actions the following night.

Laundering when the town knows you are bloody is a pro-town move. If you stay bloody it lets you hide actions that might also make you bloody.
It still costs the town a valuable night action

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am

Post by rewq455 »

Hayker wrote:I think laundering was very helpful to the town actually. It is my wish to avoid Chaos. All it takes is one person to avoid chaos, and I will gladly be that person if I have to. Sure, short term it may not be helpful, but long term...well I can't see myself getting killed again for awhile anyways.
Chaos seems like it will be a very improbable occurrence, because it involves all town members either killing, rezzing or being attacked. It also needs all of the cultists to be bloody. Cultists do not want to be bloody, so they will often launder the night after the ritual. We would realize as we descend into chaos because this would not all happen in one night.

Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Hayker »

rewq455 wrote:
Hayker wrote:I think laundering was very helpful to the town actually. It is my wish to avoid Chaos. All it takes is one person to avoid chaos, and I will gladly be that person if I have to. Sure, short term it may not be helpful, but long term...well I can't see myself getting killed again for awhile anyways.
Chaos seems like it will be a very improbable occurrence, because it involves all town members either killing, rezzing or being attacked. It also needs all of the cultists to be bloody. Cultists do not want to be bloody, so they will often launder the night after the ritual. We would realize as we descend into chaos because this would not all happen in one night.
You are right, it is probably something we don't have to worry about for a long time. However, I do not want it to be something we have to worry about. Night actions will be more important the further we progress into the game. I'd rather be laundering while our information is still building, then laundering when our information is at it's highest, most beneficial time.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by semioldguy »

rewq455 wrote:It still costs the town a valuable night action
It isn't worth the trade-off in my opinion of taking away that player's accountability. I'd rather know that they aren't staying bloody for an easy ride to more murders or an easy ride of nightly participating in the ritual. If a cult member is allowed to stay bloody you are essentially giving the cult an extra action every night. If a murder is allowed to stay bloody they murder much more quickly.

Let's not set favorable scenarios for the anti-town factions as a precedent.

Also Hayker is right, it's better to use an action now than to not be able to when it's most needed.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

vikingfan wrote:I have one insanity: avolition elvis_knits and I'll prove it by
unvote vote elvis
. I've picked up both a rez kit and occult books and so far have one innocent. Should I reveal said innocent?
Did you mean Aversion?

Avolition is the thing that makes your vote not count for three days.
Talk nerdy to me.

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Aversion yes.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@vikingfan
I don't think commune results should be revealed unless a situation arises that it would help or to point out a contradiction in a claim.

Also it's still possible for scum to still have no insanities, which makes no one completely confirmed innocent.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Assuming that the cultist's crafted a fetish of me Night 0, the only thing that would've made me hear noise last night is rex, investigate, ward, or stalk.

If someone did any of the first three, assuming I am town, they are likely town as well, correct?

Same goes for vikingfan and semioldguy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”