ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

yawetag wrote:I think someone has set up ani. There are obviously cards that allow you to shoot anyone, and it would make sense for a scum to attempt to make him look suspicious. For that reason, it's best to look at someone a distance away from the action.
Mod has stated repeatedly that all cards are played publicly, so that's not it: it would require the shooter have the innate ability to shoot privately AND additional range for it to be anyone but Ani.

And again, what reason do you have other than WIFOM?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Yaw being shot at.

How on earth did you miss that? -mystery shooter, mod announcement, lots of discussion about it....
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 am

Post by yawetag »

ElectricBadger wrote:How on earth did you miss that? -mystery shooter, mod announcement, lots of discussion about it....
Glossed right over it. I suppose I saw the character name and didn't see mine.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 am

Post by yawetag »

ElectricBadger wrote:Mod has stated repeatedly that all cards are played publicly, so that's not it: it would require the shooter have the innate ability to shoot privately AND additional range for it to be anyone but Ani.
Then it's obvious that SOMEONE has the ability to shoot privately. ani didn't shoot publicly.
farside22 in Post #119 on 03/07 at 0901hrs wrote:I decided on review that the bang cards can be used on anyone anywhere on the table. In short if you have a bang card you could use it on someone across from you or anywhere in the table.[/color]
It wasn't until after the 2nd shot at the sheriff that farside decided to allow Bang cards to be used across the table. It would be fair (
I think
) to assume that any shots BEFORE that point were NOT allowed to go anywhere, which means the first three shots (Kast, Crazy, Kast) were all used by someone within range.

Kast: yaw, paltry, ani, anon (eas)
Crazy: anon (eas), ani, darox, cyanide

ani does appear to be the only possible person that could target, unless there's someone with extra range. It wasn't until AFTER the Bang card change that I was shot at -- anyone could have done it to set up ani. It's also possible that the shots weren't ani at all, but scum trying to frame ani -- using two different people to shoot.

In short, I have no other reason to clear ani. It's all WIFOM at this point. Personally, though, it would be stupid to attack the sheriff so early and so obviously.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

yawetag wrote:In short, I have no other reason to clear ani. It's all WIFOM at this point. Personally, though, it would be stupid to attack the sheriff so early and so obviously.
Maybe stupid to attack the sheriff - although we don't know win conditions - but someone did (I don't think 4 shots that tightly together is random) so that's not really applicable. However, that he played the first Missed on Kast so it may have been a simple ploy to get townie cred (which is, in fact, the ONLY reason I see for the shot).

Ani didn't realize that the shot pattern indicated he was the only potential shooter, so the argument he wouldn't be obvious doesn't apply either.

I won't claim there's no way it's fallible, I'm just inclined to think it's as good as we could possibly get for a first lynch. If nothing else, we figure out something about the mechanics of the shooting.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Kast »

Crazy wrote:since farside clearly implied in the ruleset that she didn't want to rain bullets down on people randomly.
I'd suggest everyone ask FS questions about the shots privately as well as what's been asked in public. The answers to all my questions do not directly answer whether they were random or not, but they do indicate FS would prefer people being more trigger happy.

@EB/Crazy-
I think the most suspicious thing about Dr. C is that McGriddle, a player who has been continuously confused and not quite following what is going on, immediately jumped in and played a beer when Dr. C looked to be in trouble.

This is at best questionable. Even if he assumed Darox was scum, Dr. C could potentially have been an Outlaw buddy or a Renegade.

@Mystery Shot-
It's either a mod mechanic (aka rule 9) OR it's an unknown (probable scum controlled) mechanic. If it is a scum controlled mechanic (similar to NK), then we don't know what it's limitations are (if it has any).

I have a shot flying at Dr. C right now. We'll see if there's any more mystery shot within the next hour. If none, then I'm pretty sure it's just rule 9 with some coincidental random targets. If there is no mystery shot, then I would like to see some other shots placed every 12 hours or so just to make sure we don't get random bullets rained on us anymore.

@EB-
First "lynch" already happened. Darox was modkilled after he was about to die anyway.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Replacing Paltry is DedicatedScribe
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

yawetag wrote: In short, I have no other reason to clear ani. It's all WIFOM at this point. Personally, though, it would be stupid to attack the sheriff so early and so obviously.
Yeah, it's WIFOM. Got a problem with that?

If Animorph is scum who can shoot without anyone knowing, and he were to shoot ONLY the sherrif, why wouldn't he? Why would he waste his time shooting everyone he can reach when that only implicates him? If Kast was the only one being shot, no one would think "Oh, it must be Animorph". He's being set up.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by DedicatedScribe »

Hey, people, glad to be of service. 10 pages, is very little for a Day 2.

I'll re-read and be back in a bit ^^.
Blast it.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Kast wrote:I have a shot flying at Dr. C right now. We'll see if there's any more mystery shot within the next hour. If none, then I'm pretty sure it's just rule 9 with some coincidental random targets. If there is no mystery shot, then I would like to see some other shots placed every 12 hours or so just to make sure we don't get random bullets rained on us anymore
I'm not as inclined to list the shots as random yet (the first one was way too early for a penalty v. inactivity, and if they were such then logically farside would say so to inspire more activity, not play coy and make us waste time trying to test it), but I agree it would be nice not to have them if they are; and if not, to force the shooter to either stop firing or break the pattern.

Therefore,
Shoot: Cyanide
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Kast »

and if not, to force the shooter to either stop firing or break the pattern.
Yes, this is another bonus. Even if it is a scum controlled mechanic, if they are going to pretend that it is a mod mechanic, they would need to stop now or reveal that it is not the mod.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

EB pulls out his trusty gun. He aims true and swift.

BANG!

The bullet heads for Cyanide.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I still think that darox was just shooting wildly, I don't think that just because that who he chose to target that it implicates cyanide automatically.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, I'm glad there's
someone
who thinks that I'm being setup.

I still think what Darox did was scummy, and he should've known better.

Also, I said I have 3 bullets in my role PM. If you want me to use the other 2, tell me.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by DedicatedScribe »

Oh my, this game is confusing.

I have to read this again later when I have more time..

Ah. This is difficult. I don't want to do anything rash (lol).

However, pbpa doesn't seem hard. I'll try that.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Crazy »

yawetag wrote:ani does appear to be the only possible person that could target, unless there's someone with extra range. It wasn't until AFTER the Bang card change that I was shot at -- anyone could have done it to set up ani. It's also possible that the shots weren't ani at all, but scum trying to frame ani -- using two different people to shoot.
There was a Bang! card change? Apparently I need to reread because I don't remember that.

@Mod
- I assume you won't tell us whether these shots are player-controlled or not?

(I'll reread tomorrow)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Crazy wrote:
@Mod
- I assume you won't tell us whether these shots are player-controlled or not?
Sure when the game is over I will be glad to tell you. :lol:

On a side note each day you start with the number of bullets you had on day 1.
So if you shot a player day 1 and you had 5 bullets.
Day 2 you have 5 bullets. Consider it you reloaded your gun while the mod was getting everything organized.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 am

Post by farside22 »

As people look to Dr. Cy for some serious questions with their gun.....a shadow comes from the side.
He sucker punches morph. Then kicks more 2 times while he is down.
Just as quietly the shadow disappears as morph tries to gasp for breathe

Life points lost:

McG (1)
Dr. Cy (2)
Kast (0)
morph (3)
eas (0)
kmd (0)
yawetag (0)
EB (0)
Paltry (0)
crazy (0)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I noticed Dr. Cynanide has not picked up his day 2 PM. I will be searching for a replacement.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Looks like a different mechanic than the mystery shots...3 at once, and particularly as they hit right away, so I'm even more confused now. Unless one of the mechanics was the outlaws and the other was the renegade?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Morph starts to come out of the daze he's in when a shot from the distance is heard.

BANG!

The bullet heads toward morph.

Deep underneath you hear him swear.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Kast »

That was interesting and kinda worrying.

Flavor indicates that was all done by a single shadow; either some special card that is played secretly (can't think of any in game cards that fit the bill...) or some secret player controlled mechanic.

There's a ton of things that we're operating from guesswork on.

If Outlaws control whatever it was that just attacked AM, I don't think it at all likely that they would use such an ability on a teammate instead of the Sheriff. Either they are unable to use it on the Sheriff (out of range, directly prohibited, other?) or it probably isn't Outlaw controlled (maybe a Renegade).
easjo wrote:I still think that darox was just shooting wildly, I don't think that just because that who he chose to target that it implicates cyanide automatically.
What do you think of McGriddle choosing to use a beer card on Dr. C?

Preview Edit: This game is really random...I look forward to seeing the setup when it's all done. I bet FS is quite amused.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Kast wrote: Preview Edit: This game is really random...I look forward to seeing the setup when it's all done. I bet FS is quite amused.
You have no idea!
:lol:
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Well...not rule 9 then, or at least that was well before 24 hours even without the punches.

I believe that confirms this as a player-driven attack; if it were someone trying to set up ani then I can't imagine they would target him. Only logical reason to shoot morph is to alleviate suspicion, and only logical reason for that is if it's morph or a buddy of his.

Only attack I've got, and the liquor to alleviate the effects on the rest of you:

Play Howitzer
Howitzer: Play this card to shoot at all players in the game.
Play Hard Liquor
Hard Liquor: each player may forfeit his drawing phase to regain 1 life point
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Kast wrote:If Outlaws control whatever it was that just attacked AM, I don't think it at all likely that they would use such an ability on a teammate instead of the Sheriff. Either they are unable to use it on the Sheriff (out of range, directly prohibited, other?) or it probably isn't Outlaw controlled (maybe a Renegade).
For reasons I don't want to go into (in case I'm wrong) I suspect the outlaws have to kill the sheriff last. This also matches the game rules, iirc.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”