Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Skill006 »

ray wrote:oh, okay.

vote: skill
...Needed to reconsider something?
ray wrote:
skill006 wrote:...is phaen coming back?

Either way,
vote:phaen

gogo lynch
^---- need2die
Phaen's the scum, not me. Your gun's pointed in the wrong direction.

Anyway, what's your case on me besides YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. SCUM LIKE TO LURK. YOU ARE SCUM.

I'm posting now, aren't I?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Skill006 »

Shoot.
zorblag wrote:was Phaen the number one suspect you were talking about in Post 647? Apparently I think that it's not entirely clear who you had in mind.
I don't like this question, but as I don't like ignoring questions, I'll answer it.

Yah, Phaen has been up there for awhile now. The reason I never stated this before is because her only posts were reactions to the game we have already played and attacks on apathy. I wanted to see how she would play when she didn't have the past game as a support for her posts.

Not only did she have a support for what her posts contained, but it built up a good first impression on her. redbox was scummy, she makes up for it with a butt-long post, and everyone's happy.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:13 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Except I have commented on your defenses in general, however if your defense isn't really all that good, and just is an obvious excuse for bad play (such as not jumping on bandwagons at all, and no, I wont consider you on fuzzy's, as you only jumped on it when it was as good as obvious he was going to be lynched, and not earlier, as when Zorblag was waiting on fuzzy's response, I was too, and thus my vote and his vote put him at lynch, and I highly doubt you would have voted had someone else pulled their vote out. Hence why it's convenient that the one, and only, time you actively stated you would be ready to lynch someone, is when they were basically lynched already).

But if I have failed to miss some actual worthwhile things said by yourself, please feel free to post them (and link to the post they came from, to give me context. But please actually link, giving me a number but no way of clicking to get there means everyone has to search to find it, rather than just the one person). I will then state either where I've responded already, why I didn't feel it necessary, or respond accordingly if, indeed, it is something important I missed.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Skill006 wrote:Phaen's the scum, not me. Your gun's pointed in the wrong direction.

Anyway, what's your case on me besides YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. SCUM LIKE TO LURK. YOU ARE SCUM.

I'm posting now, aren't I?
I just needed a vote count.

lol

yeah

I totally don't have a case
don't you feel silly now?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Just a note I'll be away until (at the latest) 7pm GMT on Tuesday, although at the speed we're going I doubt I'll miss much of anything.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Zorblag »

I'm just done with an unexpectedly pleasant (if internet-free) weekend. I'll take a look at where we are when I get done teaching today and have some input.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, so, I'm gone for a few days and...not much happened. I feel like we're headed for a Phaen replacement, which I'm not overtly happy about. Be that as it may, I would like to turn my attention to the vase on Skill.

Let's start with Ray's case on Skill, since I see this one as being weaker, as I will explain momentarily:

As I've quotes before, Ray states this:
RayFrost wrote:I think skill / jammer = scum (at least one of the pairing), but i have no real preference.

Neither jammer nor skill have really contributed a large amount.

You can't be town by just making others do all the work.
I agree with him that town needs to work together, but Ray's case in this instant (and it's applicable to both Skill and jammer) is that neither have posted much.

He also linked to this from D1:
RayFrost wrote:my reason to disliking skill/jammer has mostly to do with the fact they aren't willing to take a strong stance on the major things that are going on ITT. They can take stances on fringe components all they want, but it doesn't help much if they avoid discussing current events.
which essentially said the same thing. Could be either of them because they aren't posting.

This, as I have already pointed out, is weak to me, but Ray follows up and changes his vote to Skill after Skill says:
Skill006 wrote:meh. I don't want to lynch jammer. I don't want to make him look scummy, either. My intention for attacking him was not with the intent to lynch scum/make town look like scum/other scummy deeds you might want to accuse me of.
As Ray rightly points out,
RayFrost wrote:you don't want to lynch him or make him look scummy, so why did you attack him? (shows scum that's trying to backtrack from an earlier position)

you weren't attacking him with the intent to lynch scum or do any other scummy deeds (apparantly, wishing to lynch scum is scummy to you, shows paranoia and anxiety that is attributable to scum)
Skill gives some defense to it, which I won't waste time quoting since she basically just disagreed with everything Ray said, but then she contradicts herself when she says (this is not part of Ray's case, BTW, just something I thought I'd point out):
Skill006 wrote:
jammer wrote:...skill doesn't suspect me?
I'm sorry, but I do still suspect you.
@Skill: If you still suspected or did ever suspect jammer, why
wouldn't
you want to lynch him? In general, if you think someone is scum, you lay out your case on him with the intention of trying to lynch who you suspect is scum. That's typically how the game is played.

The main problem that I have with Ray's case is that it mainly rests on Skill not posting and that she was scummy/wishy-washy in her vote/unvote/defense of vote and unvote of jammer.

That being said, let's turn to Prana's case, which is at least more substantial.
PranaDevil wrote:Actually, I just went over Skill's posts, and something struck me (no, I'm not bruised, but thanks for the concern). Skills lack of any real voting, or lack of any serious scum hunting (and pretty much universal defending of everyone) has been mentioned, as has her admission at the start that she's not a good scum hunter.

But this one seems to have bypassed us all:
I don't jump on bandwagons, period. Even when I know the victim is scum (yeah, I know, real smart). Well, I guess you wouldn't know this.

How would she even "know" the victim is scum short of being their scum buddy? And even if it's just a turn of phrase (possible, but a strange wording, as "think" would be better for a town player surely, as none of us know who is scum and who isn't), that doesn't scream pro-town to me... in fact it's decidedly scummy, as the one and only way for town to win, is for us to have a majority vote for scum, the only way to do that, is to have a bandwagon form to lynch them.
This, I think, really sums up his case that he carried over from D1, as he also states:
PranaDevil wrote:What I'm noticing so far is that Skill avoided anything that might seem to be a definite lynch, hanging right back as if to appear town, but also didn't really seem to do much, along with obviously trying to twist things up above.
Then, Prana attacks the jammer case, as already noted and commented on, and then also notes this in regards to the fuzzy case:
PranaDevil wrote:That's rather... convenient though isn't it? The one and only time you really jump on a bandwagon is one you not only didn't vote in, but one that was as good as a guarenteed lynch anyway. Prior to that point you wanted in on none anyway, and I still don't buy it.
That's, I think, the bulk of the case. There's been some posting going on between Prana and Skill, namely where Prana isn't commenting on Skill's defenses (@Skill - just out of curiosity, what do you expect Prana to say in regards to your defenses?).

So to sum up the cases on :

Ray

-
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Gosh darnnit, somehow clicked post when I was trying to type.

EBWOP: NOW to sum up the case:

Ray

-Hasn't posted much
-Wishy-washy in her voting of jammer

Prana

-Hangs back and doesn't say much
-jammer case
-Didn't vote/possibly would not have voted on fuzzy
-General bad play

I still think Skill is scummy, and I'm working on going back o D1 to confirm suspicions/look at anything that I might have missed before I decide how I want to vote.

That being said,
Skill006 wrote:...is phaen coming back?

Either way,
vote:phaen

gogo lynch
@Skill: are you doing this because, as you claimed with your vote on jammer, you want to stimulate discussion/get her to post, or because you actually think Phaen is scum (in which case you might or might not want to lynch her)?

Also,
Skill006 wrote:Even so, I think now that this case has built up on me, I was able to observe something about a couple of the players, so it wasn't all bad. I'll post my observations in my next post (I want a quick chance to get my thoughts organized, something I rarely do).
I would love to see this post, Skill.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Also, because I was going to comment on this in my last post but then got all frazzled when I submitted too soon :? , this from Zorb really threw me for a loop:
Zorblag wrote:I'm a bit thrown off by the fact that there doesn't seem to be much carry over at all of the suspicion that Apathy was under towards the end of yesterday until today. For those of you that had been ready to lynch Apathy what is it that you think that I'm doing differently that doesn't have you voting me at this point today?
Well, firstly, Prana did states earlier:
PranaDevil wrote:I also note that Zorblag took over the Apathy spot, and swiftly converted people over to the fuzzy vote instead, which doesn't necessarily mean he's scum (as town shouldn't just shrug and accept being lynched anyway), but does seem strange that the person he pushed heavily for was the other one most likely to get lynched that day outside of his own slot.
Zorb explained in a later post that he would have jumped on to whatever wagon was strong, which is fair play to me, since as Prana noted, town shouldn't just accept their lynch peacefully, necessarily.

However, Zorb hammers the point home again when he says,
Zorblag wrote:@jammer, the thing is that you (and everyone else who suspected Apathy yesterday) shouldn't be reluctant to hold what Apathy did against my player spot. Replacements don't get a new role; everything that each of us have done should count towards your read. I grant that people want to try to get a feel for me but I should still be getting much more backlash from Apathy's play than I am. Thus far I haven't done enough to override an about to be lynched position by any stretch of the imagination. When I've had more of a chance to be here it might make more sense but if Apathy was as scummy as people were saying he was then I should be getting looked at a lot more closely now than I am.
I guess I just don't understand why Zorb is so eager to have us reconsider our cases against him. While I can understand that he wants town to be thorough, if he was town, why isn't he just breathing a sigh of relief that he isn't being targeted anymore?

Also, as Prana notes:
PranaDevil wrote:Now, perhaps I should have stuck with my original Apathy vote, but part of my reasoning was that Apathy wasn't contributing much at all, and when he was, it wasn't helping town that much. The fact Zorblag's come in and appears to be putting some effort in makes me feel better about the slot, especially with the in depth approach to reading the thread and scum hunting.

Now perhaps I'm wrong for thinking that, but also the way Zorblag is also saying "If I were in town's shoes, I'd have lynched me" is a risky move if Zorblag is scum, because it only takes a few people to take him up on that offer to lynch him. So I don't feel he's scum right now. But I'm not ruling it out.
I agree with Prana's point that it does seem much more likely for Zorb to be town and pushing for us to reconsider because if he were scum, this could go very badly for him.

At the same time, and I hate pushing into WIFOM territory, but I feel like I have to, it would be a great defense for him to say, well, I would've lynched myself. Instantly, as I think happened, we all put him lower on our suspect list, which is what scum would want. If he's scum, it's a bloody clever move.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Phaen »

Hey guys I just picked up my prod. It's been a busy week and I'm sorry about not being around for the start of the day :( There wasn't an emergency or anything, I've just been partying my arse off - several of my friends and I have had birthdays all in a row! I deserve whatever flak I get for neglecting you guys.

@Troll - (to answer your question about why I thought fuzzy was town) The entirety of the case against fuzzy seemed to be that he wasn't contributing enough. I think his efforts were about on par with what I've seen him do in other games D1. Although I agree its anti-town for someone not to contribute, I think
for him and his meta
he wasn't doing less than normal.

~~

I think its really important we analyze all the D1 wagons.

Ray wagon - Skill, Prana, Apathy(troll), jmurph, redbox(phaen)
jmurph wagon -
fuzzy
Paltry
, Prana
Apathy/Troll wagon - Prana, Phaen,
fuzzy
, Ray
fuzzy wagon
- jammer, jmurph,
Paltry
, Prana, Troll

(green represents people that are confirmed town)

At one point the situation on pg. 23 was thus:
4 people were voting (or recently unvoted to give time to claim) Apathy/Troll
4 people were voting (or recently unvoted to give time to claim) fuzzy
1 person (Skill) hadn't cast a vote against either

~~

The scummiest person in this lineup is Skill. There is no town-motivation for sitting there not voting when the day is just about over. I'm fairly sure Skill is hoping against hope for a No Lynch here.

Skill's TWO D1 votes (fuzzy & jammer) were both unvoted a page later. She might as well have not voted at all.

In her post #539 she says Apathy is the better lynch and in her post #600 she says fuzzy is the better lynch. In both posts she didn't add her vote into the mix. During both posts the person she said was a 'better lynch' was already the person with the most votes. I find it terribly suspicious to push a bandwagon without actually being on it.

~~

Then there's the moment when Prana moved his vote from Apathy to fuzzy.

There's a town-motivation for moving. Somebody's gotta move their vote or else we'll go to a No Lynch. I would have expected someone else with less conviction to move their vote instead of Prana, though. Prana was the FIRST person on the Apathy wagon and one of the more adamant ones.

Is there a scum-motivation for moving his vote? Well if Prana were scum he wouldn't want a lynch to happen at all. He would want to stay where he is and hope for a No Lynch. But there's one exception where scum might want to move his vote. If Troll were scum with Prana, Prana-scum would see this as the perfect opportunity to switch his vote away from his scumbuddy (who he was bussing previously for being a VI) with a town-motivated reasoning for doing so.

~~

Troll being on the fuzzy wagon doesn't really mean anything. Both scum and town would be motivated to vote for the other major wagon leading to a lynch. My rising suspicion of Skill has caused my suspicion of Troll to go down a bit because it's unlikely they are scum together.

~~

To sum it up, I'm seeing a possibility of a Prana/Troll pair but I'm also seeing a possibility of Skill paired up with one of the people on the fuzzy wagon. Perhaps Skill's hesitance to vote fuzzy was because she thought it would be too suspicious for both scum to be on one wagon together? I
don't
see a Troll/Skill pair because I think Skill would have actually laid a vote on fuzzy during the end of the day to protect Troll from a lynch if they were a pair.

My suspicions of jmurph have gone up a little bit. When I look at the jmurph wagon I see 2 out of 3 people voting for jmurph have died. It might be WIFOM but it seems to me jmurph-scum would be happy with this...

As for how I would rank my suspicions, I have NO clue yet <_> I've got to read more. These are just my initial thoughts.
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 am

Post by jammer »

The case on skill is pretty straightforward.

Primary reason.
She didn't have a active stand day 1. I can't recall she having commented on (much) on jmurph, Apathy and fuzzy. Sits on the fence with those.
Starting a case on me and then tracking back. With her reasoning, started a case on me primary to get a read on me. Feels quite strange to me.

And now in pressure, votes phaen and (jokingly) goes "gogo lynch", while in her earlier play she was hesitant to vote anyone, let alone before they could respond.
@skill, was I your primary suspect when you started a case against me?
And what makes you suddenly so sure, Phean is scum?
jmurph3 wrote:Zorb explained in a later post that he would have jumped on to whatever wagon was strong, which is fair play to me, since as Prana noted, town shouldn't just accept their lynch peacefully, necessarily.
He didn't say that, he said he wouldn't jump on any player.
Phaen wrote:Perhaps Skill's hesitance to vote fuzzy was because she thought it would be too suspicious for both scum to be on one wagon together? I
don't
see a Troll/Skill pair because I think Skill would have actually laid a vote on fuzzy during the end of the day to protect Troll from a lynch if they were a pair.
I could easily see skill and Zorblag as a scum pair. Is the "not on same wagon" the only reason you can't see a pairing?

You also see prana as a possible scum?
Could you explain what makes you think that?
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Phaen »

Zorblag wrote:For those of you that had been ready to lynch Apathy what is it that you think that I'm doing differently that doesn't have you voting me at this point today?
I haven't dropped my suspicions of your character slot, but I think other people are being more scummy
now
than Apathy ever was. I'm also glad you're at least active and using good reasoning, which were the main reasons I suspected Apathy.
PranaDevil wrote:Now perhaps I'm wrong for thinking that, but also the way Zorblag is also saying "If I were in town's shoes, I'd have lynched me" is a risky move if Zorblag is scum, because it only takes a few people to take him up on that offer to lynch him. So I don't feel he's scum right now. But I'm not ruling it out.
It's really just WIFOM and it doesn't tell us anything. I find it suspicious you want to defend Zorblag as I already feel you two are connected in some way.
Skill wrote:I don't want to lynch jammer. I don't want to make him look scummy, either. My intention for attacking him was not with the intent to lynch scum/make town look like scum/other scummy deeds you might want to accuse me of.
What does this even mean? First of all, unless you're scum, its impossible for you to intentionally 'make town look like scum' because if you're town you don't know who else is town! I know other people have already mentioned it but geez this post is contradictory.
Skill wrote:Phaen's the scum, not me. Your gun's pointed in the wrong direction.
What makes you so sure? I'd like to see your case.

FoS: Skill

She is my highest suspicion,
but I'm not confident enough
to put her at L - 1
(assuming I'm counting votes correctly)

Troll & Prana tie for 2nd
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Thanks, Phaen, for finally posting, and with some good insight as well.

Not much that I want to respond to, as most seems to have already been tossed around/has confirmed things that have already been said. However, I have to, of course, address this since it did regard myself:
Phaen wrote:My suspicions of jmurph have gone up a little bit. When I look at the jmurph wagon I see 2 out of 3 people voting for jmurph have died. It might be WIFOM but it seems to me jmurph-scum would be happy with this...
To counter with another WIFOM, wouldn't whoever is scum think that it's a sure fire way to put suspicion on me by getting rid of two of the die-hard wagoners on me?
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Phaen »

jammer wrote:I could easily see skill and Zorblag as a scum pair. Is the "not on same wagon" the only reason you can't see a pairing?

You also see prana as a possible scum?
Could you explain what makes you think that?
The reason I don't see Skill & Zorblag as a scum pair is this: Skill had 3 choices:

1 Support Zorblag lynch
2 Support fuzzy lynch
3 Hope for a No Lynch

If Zorblag & Skill are both scum, it would be risky for Skill to choose option 3 I think she would be more inclined to vote fuzzy to protect him. I already explained this in my post.

There's a possibility of one or the other being scum, a smaller possibility of neither being scum, but an extremely small possibility of them both being scum I think. Is there a problem with my reasoning?

As far as Prana being possible scum yes, I think there's a possibility he switched votes to protect Zorblag. My suspicions for Prana wouldn't have sprung up if I didn't already suspect Zorblag so much, though.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Phaen »

jmurph3 wrote:To counter with another WIFOM, wouldn't whoever is scum think that it's a sure fire way to put suspicion on me by getting rid of two of the die-hard wagoners on me?
You're correct. That's what makes WIFOM so useless.

I knew it wasn't worth much, but it was on my mind so I said it.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If you feel I'm actively defending Zorblag, then I can actually understand your points in that I've changed my vote from him to fuzzy. However being that I already highly suspected fuzzy D1, and have since stated that I am somewhat wary of Zorblag (though feel his effort to scum hunt may be more pro-town than anti-town, though it could well be just the attempt to shift focus fast in a short space of time. Which considering the views, is possible).

I just feel, at this moment, Skill is more inclined to be scum than Zorb right now. I'm just not dismissing the possibility of him. But by the same token, while I feel certain people are town I'm also not actually going to say for sure that they are, unless I 100% know I don't feel I should dismiss anyone from being under scrutiny, just some deserve it more than others.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Phaen »

You know what?
vote: Skill

This game is going quite slow enough.
I've slept on it and the more I think about it the more sure I am.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Phaen wrote:You know what?
vote: Skill
This puts Skill at L-1, right?

I'm still not sold on the Skill wagon, but was a bit busier today than expected so I will be rereading everything and will hopefully have more to add soon.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

skiiiilll should claim.

unvote
'till then
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Hey guys, I'm here ^_^

I'll get a bigger post up after my hw's taken care of. Just wanted to let the ever-suspicious town know that I'm not quite dead yet.

(This town often boggles me. Its like you all have the same mutual brain. You guys couldn't have
all
had the same thoughts end of day 1/start of day 2).

Anyhow, I'm not giving up hope just yet. I'll defend myself when I get back, and tell you guys all of my suspicions (huzzah).

@ray-do i really have to? it feels like the day's hardly started.

Am I really the only BW town{/scum} want to start?

@anyone-should defenses be acknowledged in any way? Even if you think its bad, should you say anything towards it, or can you just ignore it and think your case is valid (this is not towards prana in any way, just a general question).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If I controlled who got lynched, it'd be between you and jammer.

You are the more likely to be lynched, and, since I have no real preference, I go with you over jammer.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Skill006 »

If you controlled the lynch, town and scum alike would fear you.

Anyway, I'll claim. Won't change anything.

claim: vanilla

Though honestly, I prefer strawberry ^_^

Ouch. This makes all of the defenses I posted seem really lousy, since most of them are just "excuses"...
prana wrote:...is an obvious excuse for bad play...
...but I want to link to them anyway because I think they're worthwhile defenses that people should consider.

@anyone:
I don't know how to link to a
specific post
. Help?

Alrighty, now for the fun part :)

Fuzzy Lynch

phaen wrote:The scummiest person in this lineup is Skill. There is no town-motivation for sitting there not voting when the day is just about over. I'm fairly sure Skill is hoping against hope for a No Lynch here.
As scum, I would want one of them lynched. (More townies to kill :) Not that I know if troll is town or not.) Why in the world would I hope for a "no lynch" at that point when, like prana said, fuzzy's lynch was inevitable?

To be honest, I was sure someone was going to attack me for not voting. I didn't hammer to look "more town" or whatever other crazy things you're accusing me of; I didn't hammer because I thought troll was waiting for something, and I didn't want to hammer prematurely.

[AUgghh...Should've been taking notes from the start, having a lot of trouble piecing the case on me together...>.>]

Stuff on jammer

Yes, I DO think jammer is scummy. No, I wasn't building a case on him
with the intent of making him
look scummy
phaen wrote:What does this even mean? First of all, unless you're scum, its impossible for you to intentionally 'make town look like scum' because if you're town you don't know who else is town! I know other people have already mentioned it but geez this post is contradictory.
I didn't say "make
town
look scummy". Some town players make their victims look scummier (like troll did), or make them look like scum. I'm clarifying that it wasn't my intention to do so.
jmurph wrote:If you still suspected or did ever suspect jammer, why wouldn't you want to lynch him? In general, if you think someone is scum, you lay out your case on him with the intention of trying to lynch who you suspect is scum. That's typically how the game is played.
First of all, I don't play the game in a typical fashion (as you can clearly see. Believe it or not, this is how I play as town). More importantly, I did suspect jammer, but I couldn't get a decent read on him. I decided to take that problem into my own hands and try to build a case on him, and see how everyone (especially himself) would react. This could be percepted as a scum tactic, but I was trying to use it for the purpose of getting jammer into the game (of course, it failed miserably, but...)

...I can't say much on the "general bad play".
It's just me being a nervous, passive person
Excuses and complaining.

Ok, there's definitely stuff I missed, and I'd be more than happy to reply to it (as saving my own butt will save town's butt). There's just a whole lot of stuff on me, and there's a reason for all of the "bad crimes" I have comitted, but there are more important matters to attend to!

Phaen
, # 1 suspect: Her early posts were recuonting all of the events as if she were there. Nothing wrong with that, but seemed like a crutch for her posts. And a good first impression to dissuade the early tidings of a BW on redbox.

After she dropped the recollecting of the posts (right before the ray/prana pitchoff...?), she went into tunneling on apathy, and never really stated much suspicion on anyone else. When she said she wanted to jump right into the game, I didn't mind. However, all she really did was battle with apathy, and push for his lynch. There wasn't anything much in the way of scumhunting (by my definition, anyway), except for attacking apathy's "rubbish" stuff.

Here's another thing I found interesting from the BW on me, and I doubt it would've come up if there hadn't been one on me: phaen has really mellowed down on the troll case.
On day 1, she said that the player slot is definitely scum, and we should just lynch apathy, and was completely against a troll replacement. However, now that he has replaced in, she stopped her lynch parade. Apparently, "I'm more scummy than apathy ever was." That's hard to imagine, just from me not hammering (since you didn't have a scum read on me day 1). Not only that, but she has made little attempt to see if her beliefs about apathy being scum day 1 were correct, and has proceeded to push aside troll (well, not completely, of course, but I seem to be the only lynch for today).

She just attacks from a safe distance, in a way. Some attacks on apathy (popular at the time, so not much trouble there), then attacks me (popular, so no trouble there). As long as her attacks are substantial, she can just shuffle with the crowd, and pass under suspicion.

Lastly, with all this latest heat on me, it seems like she just wants me quicklynched (vote put me to l-1, dood) without much of any confirmation of a read on troll. More discussion helps town, right? (apparently not :( This town is a lot diff. from my last, but I still feel more discussion helps.)

@phaen: Are you suspicious of Ray?
What is your read on troll? (do you think he himself is scummy, do you think he is doing a good job making himself look town, do you think you were wrong in your read of apathy?)

jammer
suspect # 2 (I think...hard to decide the order...);

He is posting a minimal amount. Just enough to get by, and no matter how many times somebody says it or he acknowledges it, he is still posting in that same, active-lurking style.

Anyway, at first he says he's not sure about his read on me. Then he reiterates the case on me, says a couple things that he did in his last post that were kind of straight-forward anyway, and...just drops it there. I'm assuming he finds me scummy since he put that case in his post...
Am I scummy or not? Am I at the top of your list? Is there anyone else on your list?
jammer wrote:You'll get your attention eventually. :wink:
When's "eventually" :?
jammer wrote:A reason I'm not voting you[Zorblag], is that I haven't seen really much from you yet. I'd want to form a opinion about you apart from Apathy now we've got a new fresh day.
You seem to be fanning the flames of my lynch, yet you haven't developed a read on one of the players. So much for "fresh new day"...

Lastly,
jmurph3
suspect # something; I wasn't paying as much attention to her on day 1. But I thought it was really odd that she started following the case on me and jammer right after ray and prana stated suspicion. It seems like the only suspicions that go are prana's and ray's, so she just waits for them to say something (perhaps not intentionally, whether she is town or scum), and look at the people they're suspicious of.

Then she starts to disagree with some of Ray's case, as if trying to assuage everyone's suspicions of her agreeing with him.

Sure, she added stuff to the case. Even so, she only adds stuff when she sees who prana and ray are initially suspicious of. She's had a pattern of this throughout the game, as other have mentioned. It seems like she isn't really searching much for who scum might be (I understand there are RL issues, but...), and just adds to cases to "pass the test" (weird analogy).

Unfortunately, I don't really have any specific questions for you. Sorry :)

There were some questions directed at me. However, I need to take a shower, then go to sleep, so I'll answer them tomorrow.

[btw, did everyone notice that neat picture of all of the survivors on the first page? (I like how fuzzy is that silly lightning bolt, not his actual avatar XD)]

Don't hammer!
(please...)
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

@Skill: to quote a specific post, click on the little symbol at the very top of the post next to the date and time this was posted. it should take you to the URL for that post, which you can copy and use as you will.

Now,
Skill006 wrote:Lastly,
jmurph3
suspect # something; I wasn't paying as much attention to her on day 1. But I thought it was really odd that she started following the case on me and jammer right after ray and prana stated suspicion. It seems like the only suspicions that go are prana's and ray's, so she just waits for them to say something (perhaps not intentionally, whether she is town or scum), and look at the people they're suspicious of.
If you would note, in this post, which, I would like to point out, was before either Prana or Ray made their cases, I noted that I was going through a hectic week (which has carried over into this week, which I am not happy about :x ), and thus would be spotty with when I was on. As such, I really have only had time to respond to the cases that were laid out already. Not to mention the fact that both Ray and Prana laid out their cases in about the first 24 hours after D2 began...thus giving any of us precious little time to make a case outside of that.

This being said, Phaen, I have a couple of questions for you regarding your case on Skill. Other than agreeing with what Prana and Ray have already said, which is essentially what I got from your case in this post and this post, what are your reasons to vote for Skill? Especially what were your reasons to change your mind from being not confident enough to vote for her to voting for her, other than the fact that the game is going too slowly for you?

@Ray and @Prana, do either of you have anything you wish to add to your cases?

After going through everything on D1 and everything that's been said thus far, as far as I can tell, the case on Skill is still based on nothing more than bad play and not posting enough (if I'm wrong on this point, please correct me). Now, I'm certainly not defending her, but personally, I need more to go on before I can be comfortable with this lynch.

Also, this makes me extremely uncomfortable:

In this post, Ray said:
RayFrost wrote:I think skill / jammer = scum (at least one of the pairing), but i have no real preference.
And now, recently again, Ray said:
RayFrost wrote:If I controlled who got lynched, it'd be between you and jammer.

You are the more likely to be lynched, and, since I have no real preference, I go with you over jammer.
@Ray: why do you have no preference? Do you not think one is scummier over the other? Also, do you have a case for either that exists separately of your case on both in that both are not posting a lot?

I think that's all I have to say at the moment. I'm working on reads of people other than Skill and jammer (so Phaen, Ray, Zorb, and Prana, for those who were confused). As aforementioned, can't say how long it will take me, but it should be sometime tomorrow (well, given the time where I currently am, sometime later today).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

What about me having no preference makes you uncomfy?

Also, I think they are equally scummy especially considering they are scummy for the same things, imo.

So yeh.

And not really.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Kison »

bump