dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

Magua wrote:
The robbing grave point is to cut down on murderers murdering -- the cult can still ritual even if only 1/3 of its members get actions, and the cult can spread the graves around. It is theoretically possible to lock the cult down if we choose all the grave robbers to be cultists, but then we have 3-5 attempted murders tonight. Not a good trade.
I already explained clearly why this doesn't work and we cant just have 3 graverobbers dual rob.
The goal should be to lynch the cult during the day, and keep the murderers from murdering at night. This is part of the reasoning why I'm more open to keeping claimed murderers (who may or may not still be town) alive. The only trick is confirming that they're not cult.
What you'Re doing here is letting the cult kill at night and trying to block people on reads from other games. That's not good.

Town: Animorph, elvis_knits, iLord, rewq, VP Baltar
Graverobbing-likely-scum: Ellibereth, dramonic, Kunkstar7
Other Scum: DrippingGoofball, evilsnail, semioldguy
No Good Read: Chaco, Hayker, Plum, SlySly, vikingfan, Wickedest
So... 16 people I see, 10 reads I get... the hell dude?
Also, "still scum" is not a really good case.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Ellibereth wrote:
iLord wrote:@Elli: Why not a rez kit?
Cops > Docs
Forensic kits make for terrible cops, considering any scum can be investigation immune if he or she so chooses.

The better answer would likely be "Because Ellibereth claims to be bloody and can't have a Res Kit"
elvis_knits wrote:Did anybody except me and DGB claim to have recieved fetishes?
Yes, Plum.

Do you gloss over all the larger posts this game?
elvis_knits wrote:Okay I am going to work on the dreaded table again now. If anything has something they want in the table, please tell me now. I will be previewing so I'll see it.
I feel I have been helpful, though nobody takes my help. I think we should all be claiming noises. From day two 100% and I highly support it for today as well though am willing to listen to those who have reasons that oppose.

Knowing noises helps the town both with warding and resuscitating. If people still don't understand why this is beneficial to town much more than it can be to scum, I will go into greater detail.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by semioldguy »

evilsnail wrote:Also, your vote on me was basically your first real one. You joined the Nico and CSL wagon with no real reasoning of your own and you didn't make any cases before that. Do you think that behaviour qualifies as parroting?
I disagree, and No. I also doubt that I am the only one this describes.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

Magua wrote:I take a small amount of satisfaction that I actually did break the game setup (and by "break", I mean "100% town win 100% of the time"). iLord cottoned onto the basic idea pretty quickly.
Setup is not broken at all, scum is heavily helped by your idea
Anyways, I said it before, but I'll say it again. We should *not* rob all four graves tonight. I'd actually be happy with not robbing any graves tonight, except that I'll be keen to learn the lynchee's alignment, so I'm ok with robbing two graves.
HOw is this congruent in any way with trying to block the murderers? we have at least 3 when you posted this, it makes NO sense.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I agree with Dramonic.

Tonight is the best night for grave-robbing.

Muderers who choose Stalk-Murder-Launder will be back to stalking tonight (and them missing this is good)

Murderers who choose Stalk-Murder-Stalk-Murder will be on their murder action tonight (murderers with less total murders are further from their own win condition)

Cult is essentially the same each night, but if they did pass fetishes, they will likely need to regather some fetishes and throwing some grave rob actions in there could impede them as well.

Not to mention having the reveals would be beneficial to town.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by semioldguy »

^ The above post is parroting
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Rewq's obsession with Ani - who as far as I have gathered might be trying for Murderer but isn't scum - rings useless. It's not even a search for Murderers who may be slipping under the radar, it's a hunt on someone who we're already keeping tabs on. Point is, it's not cult-hunting and it's not even Murderer-hunting. I guess he's unconnected to the whole Nico/SlySly/Drench/CSL/Dramonic party, but it's not heartening either, if you get my drift, especially the slimy-sounding agreement to find someone else he thinks is scummy, as if he's upset he can't get away with harping on Ani any longer (or at least for now). And then he goes right back to voting him again anyway. *Headdesk*.
Ani's lying i think of as very scummy, as I have stated. Now that I used a forensic kit on Ani and it came back negative, I am done pursuing his lynch.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Magua »

Hi dramonic!
dramonic wrote:
Magua wrote:
The robbing grave point is to cut down on murderers murdering -- the cult can still ritual even if only 1/3 of its members get actions, and the cult can spread the graves around. It is theoretically possible to lock the cult down if we choose all the grave robbers to be cultists, but then we have 3-5 attempted murders tonight. Not a good trade.
I already explained clearly why this doesn't work and we cant just have 3 graverobbers dual rob.
Explain again, please. I'm slow.

Here, I'll pre-emptively explain:

Having twelve people "cross rob", where two people rob the same grave, is a failure if the target has no equipment. This is explicitly spelled out in the PMs in the original post.

Furthermore, cultists can only cause one death per night. The murderers could, tonight, cause between 3-5. To stop the cult kill, you would have to ensure that 2/3 of the cult were on the list, and that none of the cult are on the same body. This is a bad RoI.

But, if we do not cross rob, then each murderer that we have robbing graves tonight is another death prevented, *and* we know for a fact that the grave robber cannot kill the next night, either. It is incredibly easy to spot if they are not following the plan, and it throws out arguments about players lying about their grave rob messages. Yes, it doesn't really stop cult. It's not supposed to.

The cross rob plan lets murderers risk not robbing a grave if they think there's no equipment there, introduces the ability to WIFOM (Players A and B are supposed to rob graves, both claim to have received items from the grave), *still* doesn't stop cult, and will make it easier for cult/murderers to hide their insanities amongst the town.

Cross robbing is a bad plan.
dramonic wrote:So... 16 people I see, 10 reads I get... the hell dude?
Also, "still scum" is not a really good case.
I would find this argument a lot more cogent if *you* had expressed more than five opinions on people throughout this game. So why don't you give your opinions, instead of just sardonically commenting on mine?
dramonic wrote:Setup is not broken at all, scum is heavily helped by your idea
Setup was 100% broken, and it had nothing to do with graverobbing. I PMed Percy about it.
dramonic wrote:
Magua wrote: Anyways, I said it before, but I'll say it again. We should *not* rob all four graves tonight. I'd actually be happy with not robbing any graves tonight, except that I'll be keen to learn the lynchee's alignment, so I'm ok with robbing two graves.
HOw is this congruent in any way with trying to block the murderers? we have at least 3 when you posted this, it makes NO sense.
If it makes no sense, why did you post this afterwards?
dramonic wrote: Well, Magua has a decent point. Barring delayed murderers, if we rob tonight we're out of corpse tomorrow to block potential murderers into graverobbing.

A single well-timed graverob obligation can pretty much screw any murderer over.
For reference, my post you quote is #1362. Your response is #1384. So, my plan makes no sense, but I have a decent point?

@evilsnail: It is not just your activity level. Your post #1536 is pure defense. Is semioldguy being town or scum by attacking you? Why? Who is likely scum? Who is likely town? What do you think of kunkstar? You only seem to address a single player at a time until they die -- Nicodemus, then Katy, and now semioldguy -- but you haven't really commented on anything else.

This is what I find scummy about you.

Ellibereth: semioldguy is right that Ellibereth cannot have a resuscitation kit with her claimed actions and insanities. Her claiming to have gotten a forensic kit for any other reason than that she's permanently bloody seems a slip. Still not interested in lynching her as long as she robs graves tonight.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

This is not complete by any means... I probably missed things and also some things haven't been claimed.

Anything I missed, please tell me. I also am toying with the idea of having another column for insanity count and chosen insanities.

Any other suggestions welcome.

[mrow]Player[col]N0[col]N1[col]N2[col]Explanation/Notes Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Rezzed [col]?[col]VP failed ward/Ani stalked but did not kill/kunkstar(drench) stalk-murder failed Magua(Amished)[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Noise:No [col]?[col]?
CSL(Col.Cathart)
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Murdered/rezzed [col]-dead with 3 insanities-[col]Elli stalked-murdered dramonic[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by chaco)[col] ? [col]Noise: No[col]? DGB[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by elvis)[col]Noise:yes [col]Received fetish[col]? Ellibereth[col]Stalked CSL[col] Murdered CSL [col]Search Forensics kit[col]?
Iecerint
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col] No insanities (not yet flipped) iLord[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Rezzed Phate [col]?[col]?
Phate
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Cult target/Rezzed [col]Cult Kill[col]One insanity (presumably due to being rezzed)
Sajin
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col]Flipped Investigator Plum/Sarag [col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (stalked CSL)[col]?[col]Received fetish[col]Has like 2 posts
Katy/Seacore
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Murdered [col] - [col]Insanity count 0 vikingfan[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (stalked CSL)[col]?[col]?[col]? Animorperv[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Searched Forensics kit [col]No actions due to too many II's[col] ? kunkstar/Drench[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Murdered Adel/Hayker [col]Occult books[col]Claims Drench went murderer but kunk went back to investigator Evilsnail[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]?[col]?[col]? rewq/faraday[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col] Forensic kit [col]Checked ANi (not bloody)[col]?
Nico
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] - [col] -[col]Dead cult yay! Semioldguy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]?[col]? SLy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]?[col]?
Startransmission
[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]Murdered[col]Insanity Count 3 VP[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes [col] ?[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col]Ward on Adel failed N1 due to wicked warding him Chaco[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Dram)[col]Stalk Startransmission[col]Murdered startransmission[col]? elvis[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes (DGB)[col]?[col]Receiver Fetish[col]? wicked[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(VP)[col]?[col]?[col]?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum and Viking says they stalked CSL... that's not correct obv. It's there from cutting and pasting. I will correct after I get other corrections. I want to do it all at once.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I heard noise night one (and claimed as such yesterday) and I heard noise again last night.

dramonic's "no noise" claim should be moved from night two to night one as well.

VP claimed hearing noise on night one

Plum claimed to have resuscitated Adel/Hayker on night one.

Animorpherv1 robbed a grave on night 1 in addition to searching.

CSL died with two insanities, not three.

People who received Fetishes today can be written down as hearing noise.

Anything else is on my master spreadsheet at home (currently at work with a sub-par spreadsheet).
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by iLord »

I heard noise last night.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by vikingfan »

For myself, I did not hear noise and did not ward night 1. Night 2 I did not ward but did hear noise.

DGB claimed that she's tried rezzing EK twice, presumably the last two nights (night 0 would be stupid).
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

kunkstar7 - 1 (VP Baltar)
evilsnail - 1 (semioldguy)
animorpherv1 - 1 (DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball - 1 (vikingfan)
dramonic - 1 (Ellibereth)

Not Voting
- 13 (animorpherv1, Chaco, dramonic, elvis_knits, evilsnail, Hayker, iLord, kunkstar7, Magua, rewq455, SlySly, Wickedestjr, Plum)

Deadline for today is
10:00pm (site time) on Saturday the 27th of March
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .
Ellibereth 1538 wrote:Unvote (Do I need a *twitch for these?)
Yes. Two asterisks are required, but I'll let it slide
this one time only

Hayker has not picked up his prod. I'll start looking for a replacement in 48 hours.

With 18 alive, 10 votes are required to lynch.
Last edited by Percy on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by rewq455 »

elvis_knits wrote:This is not complete by any means... I probably missed things and also some things haven't been claimed.

Anything I missed, please tell me. I also am toying with the idea of having another column for insanity count and chosen insanities.

Any other suggestions welcome.

[mrow]Player[col]N0[col]N1[col]N2[col]Explanation/Notes Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Rezzed [col]?[col]VP failed ward/Ani stalked but did not kill/kunkstar(drench) stalk-murder failed Magua(Amished)[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Noise:No [col]?[col]?
CSL(Col.Cathart)
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Murdered/rezzed [col]-dead with 3 insanities-[col]Elli stalked-murdered dramonic[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by chaco)[col] ? [col]Noise: No[col]? DGB[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by elvis)[col]Noise:yes [col]Received fetish[col]? Ellibereth[col]Stalked CSL[col] Murdered CSL [col]Search Forensics kit[col]?
Iecerint
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col] No insanities (not yet flipped) iLord[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Rezzed Phate [col]?[col]?
Phate
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Cult target/Rezzed [col]Cult Kill[col]One insanity (presumably due to being rezzed)
Sajin
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col]Flipped Investigator Plum/Sarag [col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (stalked CSL)[col]?[col]Received fetish[col]Has like 2 posts
Katy/Seacore
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Murdered [col] - [col]Insanity count 0 vikingfan[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (stalked CSL)[col]?[col]?[col]? Animorperv[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Searched Forensics kit [col]No actions due to too many II's[col] ? kunkstar/Drench[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Murdered Adel/Hayker [col]Occult books[col]Claims Drench went murderer but kunk went back to investigator Evilsnail[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]?[col]?[col]? rewq/faraday[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col] Forensic kit [col]Checked ANi (not bloody)[col]?
Nico
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] - [col] -[col]Dead cult yay! Semioldguy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]?[col]? SLy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]?[col]?
Startransmission
[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]Murdered[col]Insanity Count 3 VP[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes [col] ?[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col]Ward on Adel failed N1 due to wicked warding him Chaco[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Dram)[col]Stalk Startransmission[col]Murdered startransmission[col]? elvis[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes (DGB)[col]?[col]Receiver Fetish[col]? wicked[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(VP)[col]?[col]?[col]?
Thank you very much for this post

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Wait...

@Mod: Plum is voting Drench (aka kunkstar7), not Hayker.

Noted and fixed, thanks. I'll get a VC right one of these days...
(Vote was nullified by an II anyway)

@Plum
Why are you voting there anyway?

Unvote; Vote: Plum
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by rewq455 »

semioldguy wrote:Wait...

@Mod: Plum is voting Drench (aka kunkstar7), not Hayker.

@Plum
Why are you voting there anyway?

Unvote; Vote: Plum
Why are you voting Plum (besides idleing and voting kunkstar7)?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

This should be obvious, but
We all need to pick one lynch. At this point, we have 6 lynches if no votes change.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@rewq455
First I was going to vote her for having her vote on Hayker, since she claimed to have protected him the previous night and that made little sense to me. So in going back to read her post I saw that her vote wasn't there anyway.

Her vote is on Drench, which doesn't even match her suspicions in the same post, so I put the vote down anyway.

@animorpherv1
Deadline is over two weeks from now. What's the rush?

I do agree that people who are not voting should start voting! not only because it is good to vote because it makes you accountable for suspicions and etc., etc. But also many of the insanities are voting based and not voting is a good way to hide potential insanities. The more people who take longer to vote, the better off people are who actually have hidden voting insanities because they can sit on the sidelines with the rest of you and not have to reveal them.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'd just hate it for 6+ people to die on end of day. That is, given Worst Case Senario.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm voting Drench because at one point in my reread he was my top suspect and I thought that at after that point I'd switched my vote to Sly; as I realized with Kunk's claim that Kunk is almost certainly not Cult (unless Ani has been lying this entire time about who he's tried to stalk) and am still not sure about his likelihood of being a Murderer, I shouldn't be voting for him. That would be stupid.

Unvote; Vote: SlySly

*Twitch* . . . and I've PM'd the Mod about not editing in an Insanity Infraction last time, which I noticed when I went back to check my vote from last Night, because I certainly remember asking for a Twitchy.

The Insanity Infraction has been inserted in the previous post.

Ani, Day 3 is yet young. We've got over two weeks to reach a lynch decision, and in that time, trust me, votes
will
change and be added.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Chaco »

I don't think there's any worry of that. Today is the Ninth.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Also, town semed to be more uniform on Day 2 then it is on Day 3, from the look of early pages.

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by semioldguy »

animorpherv1 wrote:I'd just hate it for 6+ people to die on end of day. That is, given Worst Case Senario.
Only one person can be lynched per day.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

semioldguy wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I'd just hate it for 6+ people to die on end of day. That is, given Worst Case Senario.
Only one person can be lynched per day.
Vote count has the red around everyone. I assumed that meant that, if the deadline was NOW, all of them would get lynched.

Red indicates whoever has the most votes, nothing more.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”