Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

BTW, I think Jack's point against Sir Cyanide on page 3 was a good one.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I didn't pay much attention... but TQO's play really hurt us.

I had a townie read on Jack during Night 1, and really should have gone with my gut an watched him instead (not that it would've mattered). I watched AGar because I thought he was second most likely to be NK'd.

In scum QT,
Vivi57 wrote:After that, paltry just asked a ton of questions to everyone in the game. It feels like he's the cop fishing for information on who he should investigate. He also doesn't really commit to much or say much, just asks a bunch of questions.
That's actually just my playstyle. Town/Scum/PR.

About the set-up. In my very unexperienced opinion... mafia was a bit overpowered in comparison to town. I think the two mafia power-roles were equal to the two main town power roles. Switching the jailkeeper and doctor might have helped (and confused the crap out of the mafia). But that just would be a bit bastard moddish (no cop for godfather, no vig for mafia doc).

I really stopped reading after Day 2 slowed to a halt for a second time. Overall, good job scum.

Personal note: Vivi was much more active and helpful in the QT than he was in-game. If I see you be as uninformative in-game again, I'm calling scum on you.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

Post by cruelty »

ironically of the three scumreads i had, i voted for the only incorrect one.

sry town, i got really disillusioned with this game, which i guess is pretty obvious.
the nexus of the crisis
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Leafsnail »

I don't think we can blame the setup, town had plenty of power. My role made me bulletproof as long as I used it correctly (not hard, really, with no vig - just pick the scummiest player. If they're scum, they won't be killed, if they're town, scum won't target the most scummy anyhow) and we had an investigator, a doc and some night talkers. Scum were real strong, but their high power was sortof misleading to them, and I'm not sure how much it would've helped them.

The scum QH was rushed, but I should've directly told Jack to unvote rather than just attacking Jazz. That wasn't enough, really.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Vivi57 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Personal note: Vivi was much more active and helpful in the QT than he was in-game. If I see you be as uninformative in-game again, I'm calling scum on you.
of course, I only get to abuse being an unknown once :)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Zang »

Good game

I hate it when the people you think are scum actually are.
Wickedestjr wrote:
Congratulations to the scum for all making it to the end and winning!

As for the modkill, I was very tempted to modkill Sir Cyanide along with The Quintastic One. I didn't think Sir Cyanide was as bad, but he was definitely the cause for The Quintastic One and was also very rude several times so I knew I should've done something.
I noticed this, I would have brought it up in game but I didn't want to bring it up in game. To make it fair you probably should have replaced both.

And if you want to look at the neighbor quicktopic (even though there isn't much there)-

Neighbor Quicktopic

Fixed
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Zang »

For some reason I don't see my post
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Jack »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Sweet, I forgot about that. In the end I was stuck on cruelty though, and pegged zhero and jazzmyn as town because they were voting him over zang, and leaf as scum for supporting him. Ah well.
Wickedestjr wrote:

Keep in mind their power roles didn't really help them that much. Thoughts? Should I have added a vig to the setup? This is my first game modding so I am still figuring out how to setup games. Any suggestions for future games I moderate?

I thank you all for playing! It was very fun modding this game!
Masons instead of neighbors would have been nice I think. And maybe ditching the mafia jailkeeper, although it looks like they wasted that on me both nights.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

wickedestjr wrote:Any suggestions for future games I moderate?
Don't allow TQO.

btw;
I thought it was really bad. Sometimes I have a feeling like; 'o shit I was newb, how do I save myself' but not in this game, all arguments thrown at me were rubbish if you ask me.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Btw, just to be 'fair' (honest?) about TQO, I was actually baiting TQO into getting modkilled, I quickly noticed he was overly emotional and not very smart in general. Didn't think I'd get replaced for it though as I dimmed down my attacks quite a lot =-\ oh well.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Zang »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
wickedestjr wrote:Any suggestions for future games I moderate?
Don't allow
TQO.
myself

btw;
I thought it was really bad. Sometimes I have a feeling like; 'o shit I was newb, how do I save myself' but not in this game, all arguments thrown at me were rubbish if you ask me.
TQO played a good game and I sort of agree with what he said (although he took it way to far)-

"You might not be scum in the game but your scum in real life"

(ironically you were scum)

But you were a jerk to him whether it was strategy or not
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TQO did not play a good game on any planet or in any reality.

+ the two games I have played with you, you were pretty shit too.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Zang »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:TQO did not play a good game on any planet or in any reality.

I wasn't even able to post more than twice in the other game, neither of which were even game related.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Zang wrote:

I wasn't even able to post more than twice in the other game, neither of which were even game related.
In that game, you were asked to claim a magnitude of times and blatantly ignored it.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Zang »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Zang wrote:

In that game, you were asked to claim a magnitude of times and blatantly ignored it.
Yes but it was my first game, I was a newb and I didn't know what a claim was. I'm not trying to blame this on my newbness but I didn't. Anyway this is this game and not that game and there is really no point in arguing.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Are you two still arguing? Take it to PMs please.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I had pressed SIR CYANIDE very heavily, so I am not completely surprised that Jazzmyn killed me, but I perceive her as one of the more pro-town players out there.

Night 2 was tough for me. I basically had to decide if cruelty was scum or not. If I decided cruelty was town, which I didn't, I would most like have decided on protecting Leafsnail.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

n2 was a tough decision between you and leaf for who to kill

seeing your prot of jack, I'm really glad we chose to play n1 the way we did
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Neighbour quicktopic:
TQO wrote:Either way, TheButtonMen was lynched, and that's all I really wanted. I can be satisfied with whatever else happens in this game because now I don't have to deal with some uninformed jackass calling me a liar every post.
^^ rofl.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Eh, doesn't matter, Coug. Since I was hiding behind one of the mafia members I wasn't exactly gonna get killed anyway :P. I'm not sure why, but pretty much everything about cruelty seemed to suggest town to me - obstructive, unhelpful town, but town nonetheless. Mostly because it would have to be Refuge in Audacity if scum, and it would be an odd gambit to pull.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Zhero »

Wickedestjr wrote:I was getting impatient day 3 for Vivi and Zhero to hammer cruelty. I found it humorous how they posted within a few minutes.
Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure how much of Vivi's lurkerdom was an act, so I deliberately didn't vote right after she posted out of worry that it'd sit there for 3 days and look weird. LyLo makes me nervous :P

I don't think the game was unbalanced, though the investigation getting NKed right off the bat may have tilted things a bit. Having a godfather and a jailkeeper with no corresponding cop or vig made me feel a lot more cautious.

Good game though, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for modding, and thanks to everyone else for playing.
-Zhero
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by cruelty »

i got really, really disillusioned with this game. i could have contributed more, sorry, but modkill + replacement + tqo + zang = enough.

i -knew- vivi was scum, i was 90% sure on jazz about about 80% on jack, but i sort of discredited myself by posting under the influence - lol @ my 645, i have no idea what i was thinking about, i was so spaced out it i don't really remember 2-3 entire days from around that time.
the nexus of the crisis
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Woot! I didn't get a chance to log in this morning before work and when I logged in just now, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the game had ended with a flawless scum win! Way to go, team!

Good game, all!

@Vivi and Zhero: High fives, partners, and well done! Sure, we got a bit of suspicion tossed at us late in LyLo, but nothing significant before that and by then it was too little, too late. So, great job!

@Town: I was a bit surprised that nobody attempted to hold me accountable in any way for my predecessor's horribly scummy play. Don't get me wrong: I'm glad you didn't since I was scum, but I really didn't expect to get such a clean slate handed to me after his egregiously awful play. But then, thinking about it as time went on during the game, I came to think that it was probably because his play was SO outlandish that I was given that clean slate. Is that what happened?

@StrangerCougar: You weren't our first choice for NKing on Night 2 and none of us suspected that you were a town PR. We were actually going to target Leaf but then changed our minds and I tossed out your name as a next choice for NK and we went with it, but not because anyone thought you were a PR, so you did a good job of concealing that.

@Cruelty: Sorry, friend. Of course, I knew you were town since I was scum and since Vivi had tracked you on Night 1, but I couldn't possibly resist using your anti-town play against you in the circumstances. [And to answer something that you said in one of your posts, no, I absolutely do not have any personal dislike for you whatsoever. I don't know you beyond the one game that we played previously (in which we were both town and thought that other was scum) and this one, so I don't know why you have that impression, but please be assured that it's not the case at all.]

@Fat Tony: I thought you played a really good game. I actually found myself feeling a little, teensy tiny bit bad about deceiving you - I have no idea why that is.

@Jack: Your pseudo cop claim on Day 1 was most interesting, and it kept us (the scum team) jailkeeping you even though there was, in fact, no cop in the game, so that was most interesting, indeed.

And last but not least:
@Wickedestjr: Thank you for hosting this game. It was a lot of fun.

Regards,
Jazz
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Town: I was a bit surprised that nobody attempted to hold me accountable in any way for my predecessor's horribly scummy play.
I did not play scummy. Just obnoxious, and I upped it up a notch to try and get TQO modkilled. My play could barely have been better, taking out a townie pre-night pre-lynch.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

zhero: I was active lurking the entire game, posting just enough to not get prodded. pm to wickedest from day1:

"when 72 hours is up, you send me a pm that I have to post in the next 24 hours right?

I've been active lurking so to fix that, I'm going to wait for a prod, and play a newb saying i forgot about the game."

huge thanks to wickedestjr for hosting

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”